11 Imperial Troopers into two Squads ...

Stenun
851 posts Member
So what is the optimal Set Up for two squads of Imperial Troopers?
At the moment, I've got two squads I think of as Imperial Trooper Classic and Imperial Remnant.
In Classic, I have General Veers lead, Colonel Starck, Shore Trooper, Magmatrooper and Death Trooper. (I did have Stormtrooper and Range Trooper in there in place of Shore Trooper and Magma Trooper until I built my Imperial Remnant squad.)
My Remnant squad is Moff Gideon lead, Stormtrooper, Death Trooper, Dark Trooper and Range Trooper.
This leaves Piett as the only unused Imperial Trooper.

Is this the best set up for the two squads? I am hesitant about having moved Range Trooper from Classic to Remnant as I think it leaves Classic now underpowered. But Gideon needs a Trooper Support Ally and the only options are Range Trooper, Starck or Piett.
So if I move Range Trooper back to Classic, I could do a direct swap for Starck. Or I could drop one of the other troopers from Classic and put Piett in Remnant.

Thoughts ... ?

Replies

• You can have one optimal squad, or two sub-optimal squads. The better one is Veers, Piett, Gideon, Dark and Range
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    You can have one optimal squad, or two sub-optimal squads. The better one is Veers, Piett, Gideon, Dark and Range

Tbh, two good squads is better for me than one great squad. I want to use them for PvP content so need to spread the love to pick up slightly weaker enemy squads or fill last minute gaps in defences. For the Assault Battle, I can reconfigure for the best possible but right now I'm looking for PvP.

I have other factions for Great Squads. ;-)
  • Stenun wrote: »
    HandSolo93 wrote: »
    You can have one optimal squad, or two sub-optimal squads. The better one is Veers, Piett, Gideon, Dark and Range

Tbh, two good squads is better for me than one great squad. I want to use them for PvP content so need to spread the love to pick up slightly weaker enemy squads or fill last minute gaps in defences. For the Assault Battle, I can reconfigure for the best possible but right now I'm looking for PvP.

I have other factions for Great Squads. ;-)

You have Death Trooper in both.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Piett and Range basically have to be with Veers to make that team work. This seems like it'd be your best option:

Veers/Piett/Range/Shore/Snow
    Gideon/Storm/Dark/Starck/Death

Leaving Magma as the odd man out. Alternately, Veers doesn't really need a tank, so you could swap Magma for Shore and use Shore with a Palp team or something.

• You have Death Trooper in both.

How on Earth did I not spot that ... ? *lol*
    Thanks!
  • Piett and Range basically have to be with Veers to make that team work. This seems like it'd be your best option:

Veers/Piett/Range/Shore/Snow
    Gideon/Storm/Dark/Starck/Death

Leaving Magma as the odd man out. Alternately, Veers doesn't really need a tank, so you could swap Magma for Shore and use Shore with a Palp team or something.

I like Tanks, I'll try it without Magma first. Thanks!
  • If you're insisting on having the two squads I'd definitely swap out Shore for Piett. The point of Imp. Troopers Classic is to run over the opponents never allowing them to have a turn. Meaning you don't need a tank, you need damage. Piett himself hits very hard anyway, but all the boosts from Emperor's Trap make everyone do massive damage. He also adds Daze and if things do go awry gives you a bit of a failsafe by gaining stats if you work Inevitable Failure properly
  • Veers, Piett, Range/Stark, Snow, Magma (for PVP) or Shore (for PVE)

Gideon, Dark, Death, Stormtrooper and Range/Stark

That would be the way I would split them. You need 1 last support for Gideon, and Piett works better for Veer's TM train. For PVP you need raw dps as the idea is that your ITs kill the enemy team without letting them getting a turn, so Shore doesn't add much there. For PVE like Assault Battles Shore or geo TB is a better option.
  • 1. I love this question because I've thought about it & also how to split 11 FO characters as well.

2. I'm with Granolo on this. Until we get a proper "Remnant-Support-Trooper" which to me just screams "Scout Biker" then Range seems to be the best use as a 5th for Gideon squad.

3. I also like the swapping of Magma/Shore based on your needs & how your Palpatine team looks.
    Magma doesn't seem to have much use w/ Palps but Shore certainly would.