Level 50 Player. Dazed and confused

Replies

• PS.
    The only thing I would NOT do with Exec is if at some point soon, you actually get it to 7*, you can probably hold off on buying some of the Top Tier, 150 Prestige, abilities.

Not that you want to slack on it at all, its just that the final 2 tiers at 80/150 Prestige each will be EXPENSIVE.

Sometimes when your resource starved it might be better to just bank for a bit & then if Malev or Home-1 eventually come on line for you, a single tier of 150 can pay for 4-5 tiers on the new ship.

I maxed out my Tarkin & Ackbar ships & ask other cap ships got opened, I have constantly been prestige poor.
    You'll have to decide on each ability because some are quite good, but, if its MEH or just an ability that you rarely trigger, then it might be worth leaving it at L5/L6 for a while as you build up a nest egg & then decide later.
  • That is a very good point related to Prestige on capital ships. Normally I don't take to the max level unless it is a VERY KEY ability that is really needed, or a ship like Nego / Malev. My current Executrix on the alt is at basic (2), 1st special (6), 2nd special (7), ult (5), crew (maxed).

At this point I don't plan on upgrading ANY of them any further than that, as I am stocking Prestige for Malev (I buy prestige from Squad store daily and have 415 saved). Once I get Malev and it's abilities to level 6, then I MAY go back to Executrix for upgrades.
  • Yeah, I learned my lesson w/ Ackbar & Tarkin.

My Negotiator & Finalizer both have an ability level or 2 missing & my Malevolence has SEVERAL since its a back up still & the abilities are the ones I don't use often.

My Endurance & Chimera are both L4 or less & I regret even giving them that much in a tired foolish moment, LOL.
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @Intimmydation @Schwartzring

Understood. The event happened to open up today, so there's no time to save up on any more crystals sadly. It's also only available in the LS nodes. I spent around 140 energy and received 3 blueprints. I'll try and invest in the 3 crystal refreshes for gold energy like I did during the Geo event.

There is something which may help me balance my gold energy refreshes with my regular cantina refreshes though.

I have managed to hit #2 in my fleet arena shard today. Don't know if I'll be able to retain this position until my payout, but if by some luck I do, I should get a neat 375 crystals. Even if I do lose it, I hope I won't fall outside the top 10, giving me a chance at getting 200 crystals at least. If I'm lucky, I should be able to strengthen my fleet fast enough to keep at this regularly.

I'll keep your advice on prestige in mind. I purchased one from the squad arena to upgrade the crew ability, but I'll limit how far I go with it.
  • Focus your daily attacks in the final hour / 90 minutes before your payout.
    That way your not getting hit by everyone else who is going for #1 all day long.
  • @Schwartzring

You're right and I've been doing that until now. I saw a fleet that I could take on at #2, hence decided to go for it. I lost on the first attempt and then tried again, which is why I've run out of attempts right now. I was at #6 before this and felt that it would be very easy for me to fall from there to #10 or beyond. This safeguards me a little.

If I lose my position and there's still a chance for me to regain the #2 rank near my payout time, I'll invest in a refresh today.
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @MasterSeedy @Intimmydation @Schwartzring

My fleet arena shard has currently filled up with HDB players, and it's becoming hard to keep top 20, but I'm managing. The drops for Malevolence are quite low as you thought, so I'm mostly treating the event as a bonus.

I did notice something however, which troubled me a little and I thought I'd check. There are two players in my fleet arena shard who are around level 60 or so. These players have fleets and crew that are weaker than mine (I checked their inventory), yet somehow are able to climb up to rank 1/2 every day while beating level 85 teams. I thought that it may be possible to beat those high level teams too, so I gave it a shot, but I could barely take one ship down, let alone five. I have no idea how these two teams are regularly beating the other level 85 players. It's not a case where the level 85 players are putting up a weak team for others to take down, so they're definitely not capitalising on that. Inevitably, I'll find these two near the top at a specific time of the day though.

It's happening almost every day now and I have no idea what's allowing them to do this. Is there a tactic which I'm not using correctly? Or is there something else at play which is allowing these players to win easily in the arena?
  • Take a screen shot of the fleets they're using, maybe we can help. It's possible there's cheating going on, but it's also possible that they did something like you did but even more extreme and their fleets, while level 60, consist of ships with more stars and better pilots. Snapshotting what they're using can help us figure out what's going on.
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @MasterSeedy 8xhq2xxojlis.png
    g1rdu9c3o8vo.png
    e6poqrakgj4e.png
    de4cgs24vic9.png
    o56a9bsiph41.png
    n064gc1ptrxc.png
    ksrdrrppi9wm.png
    f3skrp3unqoz.png
    fvlob3yihg42.png
    bypg2573gkpe.png
    pnnfqhhe3qq8.png
    99iydjeywmz1.png
    punfrebt7rvh.png
    h7dr0twh4z4p.png
    r9zs8msi9qxr.png
    2f9zr6iu3pap.png

I've captured a set of pictures for one of the players. Am sharing them here. This is a series of pictures capturing his movement through the ranks + his inventory and that of his opponents.

The player's name is Asarhaddon. I've also attached the inventories for two players he defeated on his way to rank 5 from 13. The Home One is one of his opponents' capital ships.

Post edited by Spacer on
  • @MasterSeedy

He's currently sitting at #1. Have attached the inventory of the player he defeated to get there.

5h481ogntp23.png
    2y81n7waglin.png
    qm69qfr0y266.png
    akjmo4oa2g5a.png
  • I've seen it happen, in my fleet shard I got dropped in pretty early so was making top 5 for the first few days even against HDB, and then top 10 as it filled up. Once I got to around level 70, it was quite easy to make top 10 most of the time. HDB players will float to the top early just because they have those 5* ships with g8 pilots, but MOST of them don't understand ships, so many pilots won't have mods, or will have bad mods (i.e. not 5* or level 15).

Just keep following through with what we had recommended on fleet, and you will get to the top and stay there in no time. There are only a couple HDB players who can make top 10 in my fleet shard these days, just because the rest of us know where and how to focus.
  • @Intimmydation

With all due respect to your experience, I have been tracking these two players for the last few days and I know they're cheating. I have reported them but it seems unlikely that anything will be done. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you're better prepared than other players but they get better results because they've downloaded a modded apk.

Irrespective, I'll follow through on your advice. I hope when I'm able to unlock Sun Fac's SF, I'll be able to defeat the high powered fleets too. Thank you for your support.
  • They very well could be, we've had our fair share of cheaters in my main's fleet shard...in fact still have one that beats our maxed Nego fleets in 15 seconds sometimes, when their fleet gets full auto'd by ours in 8 seconds without taking a turn.

Just keep reporting to CG_Leviathan and CG_LucifersDaddyMINI here on the forums. Problem is that you really need their ally codes, which can be a problem getting for some of these cheaters. If you have that though, will be easier for them to do something about.
  • @Intimmydation

Thank you so much. There was another player who seemed to be cheating to climb up the ranks (their fleet GP was 30k). That ended up being the last straw for me and I reported all three to CG_Leviathan and CG_LucifersDaddyMINI. They resolved the issue and I haven't seen any of the three in the top 50 for the last two days.

I'm at a fairly comfortable place in the rankings right now. Making top 20 is hard since it's filled up with HDB players, but I've started defeating a few of their fleets. All my pilots will be at 7* in the next 3-4 days and outside of Sun Fac's SF and Vulture Droid, my ships should be at 5* as well. I'll probably start climbing into the top 20 and beyond in the next 1-2 weeks. Thanks for all the advice. It really has helped.

I had a question on the GET-1 tokens. I unlocked the guild events store a couple of days back and was uncertain on whether I should spend these tokens or hoard them? I have spent a few to get Sun Fac's SF to 3* since his ship is barely showing up in the GW store (it's only come up once in around 35-40 refreshes), but can stop that if it isn't advisable.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Spacer wrote: »

I had a question on the GET-1 tokens. I unlocked the guild events store a couple of days back and was uncertain on whether I should spend these tokens or hoard them? I have spent a few to get Sun Fac's SF to 3* since his ship is barely showing up in the GW store (it's only come up once in around 35-40 refreshes), but can stop that if it isn't advisable.

Don't waste your GET. You will need them to buy shards for HY, Wampa, GAS and Malak. Once you move on to do the Geonosis TBs only your GET income will decrease significantly.

• @Spacer What Waqui said above, just hoard 100% of both GET1 and GET2 tokens. Once you have enough to fully unlock something, that's when you spend them. GET2 will get you either the Malevolence or Negotiator, and between now and having enough for an unlock at 5* (40k GET2) you may change your mind on the direction you are going.

For GET1 there are 2 legendary characters who require it to get the 6 & 7th stars (GAS & Malak), and then Hoda & Wampa who are needed for JKL > JML. There are lots of good gears there, but don't be tempted by them, just save all the currency until you can unlock and have your confirmed plans.
  • Agreed w/ the above.

You have a good long while before you'll be able to unlock any of the 4 Characters & 2 Ships from this store so just start saving & saving & saving.

The ONLY exception I would make is to spend GET-1 on Stun Guns if you get in a jam w/ those.

You can only buy them in Shard Store & GET store so I've always used GET-1 on Stun Guns & have rarely had an issue with still building my bank of GET-1 for when I unlocked one of the rare characters.

Its not a speed race to unlock those 6 but another slow grind, so just bank it all & make the occasional Stun Gun purchase when in need to finish off a Stun Gun for a character.
  • @Schwartzring @Intimmydation @Waqui

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind going forward. You're referring to the MK5 Stun Guns as the gear I could potentially purchase, right?
  • Yes, M5
    M4 Stunguns are very common never purchase those.
    The M5 is needed at G8-12 and is in high demand with low availability as "core" item.
    They show up in Shard Store & GET-1 store occasionally on rotation.
  • @MasterSeedy @Intimmydation @Schwartzring

Hello. Just wanted to give a few updates to you all. I'm 10 blueprints away from my Geo Spy SF hitting 7*, and am able to make it to the top 20 on a few days. Soldier is at 6* and a little ways off 7, Sun Fac around 20 blueprints away from 5. VD is progressing slowly, but I should be able to get it up to 5* by the time I hit level 78 (I'm currently at 73). ITF is the 6th ship in my roster and is progressing well too.

I have also started to climb up in squad arena, and managed to break into the top 100 today. Will see if I can sustain and continue this in the near future. The Geos are able to beat JKR teams with 1-2 zetas, so that's quite good.

The guild I'd joined ended up falling to shambles in the last 2 days as a few of our most powerful players, including our leader left. I'm currently looking for a new guild and was wondering if any of you might have a contact. Would like to join a guild that is earning GET-2, but I understand that most of them wouldn't have a need for a player of my GP.

https://swgoh.gg/p/423823758/

I've linked my swgoh.gg profile above, in case that helps. At the very least, I can contribute towards the daily raid tickets and guild activities until my GP increases.

I'm currently gaining anything between 225-280 crystals/day and am spending on refreshes based on the guild activity of the day.

In terms of my farms, I'm focusing on:

1) Fleet - TFP, Sun Fac's SF, ITF, VD

2) Old Republic - Bastila, Jolee, Juhani, Zaalbar, T3M4, Carth, Fallen Bastila

3) Others - JKA, Poggle + IG-2000

4) During LS and DS battle days - Veers + B-25, Piett, ITB + Kuiil, Range Trooper, BTL-B + Wrecker, Hux + HRS, Sith Trooper + Tusken Raider, Sabine

Since the updates to the daily challenges, I'm not sure which pieces of gear to purchase from the guild store, so I've mostly spent it on getting characters like Dengar and Logray up to 5*. I'm also investing in characters needed for CLS on the side (Leia, ST Han, Farmboy Luke), but otherwise am a little unsure about who else to go for in the time being as an immediate priority. I've saved up GET-1 tokens as you've suggested.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • Spacer wrote: »
    BTL-B + Wrecker, Hux + HRS, Sith Trooper + Tusken Raider

I'm also investing in characters needed for CLS on the side (Leia, ST Han, Farmboy Luke), but otherwise am a little unsure about who else to go for in the time being as an immediate priority.

Seems like most of what your doing is solid.

These couple I'm wondering about.

Why farming these 3 so soon?
    I wouldn't use Guild Tokens on those CLS characters if that is what your saying.
    They have better locations to farm them.

As for the Guild store, focus on items needed for your priority gear teams that isn't also in the new challenges.
    Mk5 Thermal Detonators & Mk3 Holo Projectors are probably big & I don't believe are in the new added gear.
  • @Schwartzring

You're right. I unlocked R2 recently, and hence felt that I could go for CLS, but it's not an immediate priority. I'll avoid that till I'm done with the more pressing needs on my roster.

I think I'll keep an eye out for the following pieces of gear in the guild store:
    1. MK3 Sienar Holo Projectors
    2. MK5 Thermal Detonators
    3. MK5 Fusion Furnaces

The rest, i.e. MK3 Carbantis, MK5 Droid Callers, MK3 Stun Cuffs I'll purchase only if I'm 5/10 pieces away from a full set.

However, I am spending guild tokens on Logray as and when his shards appear in the guild store. My plan is to at least get him to 5*, as I've done with Dengar. What are your thoughts on that?

I also unlocked HT's node (LS-8D), so I'll replace Farmboy Luke's farm with that on the days I'm refreshing gold energy.

Currently, I'm spending crystals in the following order:
    1. Monday - 3x Cantina (300)
    2. Tuesday - 3x Gold (150)
    3. Wednesday - 3x Gold + 3x Cantina + 3x Mod + 2x Ship (700)
    4. Thursday - 3x Gold + 1x Ship (200)
    5. Friday - 1x Gold (50)
    6. Saturday - 3x Gold (150)
    7. Sunday - 1x Gold (50)

That comes up to a net spend of 1600 crystals/week, which is manageable as long as I can sustain my ranks in squad and fleet arena, and also leaves me with a decent enough surplus of crystals to hoard. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the above since it was you who recommended a staggered spend based on guild activities.

I also managed to join a guild that participates frequently in DS Geo Battles. Once I start getting GET-2 tokens, I'll hoard them up till I can do a full unlock for either of Malevolence or Negotiator, though I'm veering towards the latter despite having 50 Mal shards from the Galactic Chase. It will be a long, long time till I can unlock either, but it's a start.
  • I also wanted to check something with you all. I have been recording the progress of another player who I suspect very strongly of cheating in the fleet arena. This player has also 7* a number of journey guide characters despite not having characters strong enough to do so.

Have attached a few pictures detailing the movement of said player in the fleet arena.

eyaad4b7v2p0.png
    niewv0b1eqth.png
    meo1f0ent25q.png
    yitrl0n3ombq.png
    33o2um7amwdg.png
    x7stu8bfvilb.png
    ocqajtc532o0.png

Defeating a fleet with 200k+ GP and a 4* HT is definitely the kicker. I'd like to hear your opinions on the same. Have messaged @CG_Leviathan and @CG_LucifersDaddyMINI twice (today and on Oct 28) and am now awaiting their response.

Thank you.
    However, I am spending guild tokens on Logray as and when his shards appear in the guild store. My plan is to at least get him to 5*, as I've done with Dengar. What are your thoughts on that?

Currently, I'm spending crystals in the following order:
    1. Monday - 3x Cantina (300)
    2. Tuesday - 3x Gold (150)
    3. Wednesday - 3x Gold + 3x Cantina + 3x Mod + 2x Ship (700)
    4. Thursday - 3x Gold + 1x Ship (200)
    5. Friday - 1x Gold (50)
    6. Saturday - 3x Gold (150)
    7. Sunday - 1x Gold (50)

That comes up to a net spend of 1600 crystals/week, which is manageable as long as I can sustain my ranks in squad and fleet arena, and also leaves me with a decent enough surplus of crystals to hoard. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the above since it was you who recommended a staggered spend based on guild activities.

I'll hoard them up till I can do a full unlock for either of Malevolence or Negotiator, though I'm veering towards the latter despite having 50 Mal shards from the Galactic Chase. It will be a long, long time till I can unlock either, but it's a start.

Dengar & Logray are both solid choices as that store is the ONLY place to get them, AFAIK
    I just won't tell people to farm someone in that store that is available elsewhere, like another store or with Gold/Red energy.

The refreshes look good.

Have you unlocked all the Challenge levels for Mods?
    If you have then the 1 change I would make is tack on 3 more Mod refreshes on Tuesday "Night" at the start of All energy day in addition to the Wednesday Morning ones.
    Mod energy is only on for the guild activity on Tuesday Night & Wednesday Morning for "All Energy".
    So because of that I focus on getting 6 refreshes in that time to maximize when I do my Mods.
    If your still working on opening the challenges then no worries hold off till you can get to Speed 5*.

I'd hoard Get-2 till you can open Mal at 145 shards.
    Even a 5* Mal will decimate the original 3 cap ships or Chimera.

That does seem like quite a leap in fleet for that guy.
  • @Schwartzring

Noted. I'll get Logray to 5*, then spend on gear till I touch level 80. Can continue farming both him and Dengar to 7* post that.

I recently 3* all tier 3 challenges outside of offence. I'll follow your advice on the mod refreshes. Can do 2x cantina on that day instead. I'm also planning on pivoting my GBA's mods to a speed set, so it would be helpful to get as many solid speed mods as possible.

Would you recommend going for Mal or Negotiator first?

The way I see it, I will be pivoting to a GR team in squad arena as soon as I can 7* Padme. I already have Ahsoka and JKA, who are solid picks and can add GK and Yoda as the last members.

Because of my experience with having the Geos in both squad and fleet, I think it may be better to have both teams aligned, so I can prioritise gear + relics. GK also seems like an easier farm compared to Grievous, which is influencing my opinion on this.

In this scenario, I may farm BTL-B over Farmboy Luke on light side days at the very least, and start farming Ahsoka, Plo Kloon and Anakin's ships once I have my six 5* DS ships. Rex's ARC and Umbaran SF will probably be next.

I may have a headstart on Mal, but I know I'm a long, long way from unlocking one ship, let alone both. Which is why I want to prioritise the one I may use long-term.

I've reported the player multiple times. Waiting to see if I hear a response from the mods.

Thank you.

The rest, i.e. MK3 Carbantis, MK5 Droid Callers, MK3 Stun Cuffs I'll purchase only if I'm 5/10 pieces away from a full set.
    Also remember you now get these (and Mk5 stun guns) from the daily challenges, so they will start to come more frequently now.

I also managed to join a guild that participates frequently in DS Geo Battles. Once I start getting GET-2 tokens, I'll hoard them up till I can do a full unlock for either of Malevolence or Negotiator, though I'm veering towards the latter despite having 50 Mal shards from the Galactic Chase. It will be a long, long time till I can unlock either, but it's a start.

Good that you found a guild doing this, really you shouldn't be scared of applying for guilds that you may think are out of your range based on what they post as their minimum requirements. You will find that most guilds that are not yet doing CPIT (so usually less than 240M) are really looking for active daily players to help them get their tickets.
    @Schwartzring

Noted. I'll get Logray to 5*, then spend on gear till I touch level 80. Can continue farming both him and Dengar to 7* post that.

I recently 3* all tier 3 challenges outside of offence. I'll follow your advice on the mod refreshes. Can do 2x cantina on that day instead. I'm also planning on pivoting my GBA's mods to a speed set, so it would be helpful to get as many solid speed mods as possible.

Would you recommend going for Mal or Negotiator first?

The way I see it, I will be pivoting to a GR team in squad arena as soon as I can 7* Padme. I already have Ahsoka and JKA, who are solid picks and can add GK and Yoda as the last members.

Because of my experience with having the Geos in both squad and fleet, I think it may be better to have both teams aligned, so I can prioritise gear + relics. GK also seems like an easier farm compared to Grievous, which is influencing my opinion on this.

In this scenario, I may farm BTL-B over Farmboy Luke on light side days at the very least, and start farming Ahsoka, Plo Kloon and Anakin's ships once I have my six 5* DS ships. Rex's ARC and Umbaran SF will probably be next.

I may have a headstart on Mal, but I know I'm a long, long way from unlocking one ship, let alone both. Which is why I want to prioritise the one I may use long-term.

I've reported the player multiple times. Waiting to see if I hear a response from the mods.

Thank you.

With regards to Mal vs Nego, you don't have to decide yet..just hoard. You have some shards already from Mal from the event, so yes there is a headstart there. In general, the Malev fleet is the cheaper one to build and can function better at lower stars than Nego. You need g12 Geos and then 2 pilotless ships basically.

For Nego it will require high relics on the characters at some point, though since you are building them anyway it's not the end of things...but really it excels once it is 6 and 7* which will take quite some time. Nego will hold better on defense, but both are great ships.
  • @Intimmydation

Thank you so much. I agree with what you've said about MK5 stun guns. At the very least, it reduces the urgency of purchasing them with GET-1 tokens. I'm mostly focusing on holo projectors and fusion furnaces for now, but am buying Carbantis and Droid callers since most characters seem to need them.

You're right. I shouldn't have worried about the guild's power requirements. I felt that I wouldn't be able to contribute, and hence, it made no sense for me to seek a better guild. I put up my details on reddit the other day though, and a bunch of folks reached out. Really taught me a lesson on that front. I'm really happy with my current guild. I joined discord too and they all seem very friendly.

I'll hoard GET-2 as you've suggested. It will take an awful lot of time to even unlock one ship, let alone 7* it. I do remember that you mentioned going for Negotiator first since you hadn't unlocked Mal until the galactic chase. At what point did you decide that was a better choice?

Additionally, with regards to G12, I was wondering if I should take the Geos past G10 for now, or do that with characters who I have a higher chance of giving relics to? Mainly since G12 gear is still pretty hard to collect.
    @Intimmydation

Thank you so much. I agree with what you've said about MK5 stun guns. At the very least, it reduces the urgency of purchasing them with GET-1 tokens. I'm mostly focusing on holo projectors and fusion furnaces for now, but am buying Carbantis and Droid callers since most characters seem to need them.

You're right. I shouldn't have worried about the guild's power requirements. I felt that I wouldn't be able to contribute, and hence, it made no sense for me to seek a better guild. I put up my details on reddit the other day though, and a bunch of folks reached out. Really taught me a lesson on that front. I'm really happy with my current guild. I joined discord too and they all seem very friendly.

I'll hoard GET-2 as you've suggested. It will take an awful lot of time to even unlock one ship, let alone 7* it. I do remember that you mentioned going for Negotiator first since you hadn't unlocked Mal until the galactic chase. At what point did you decide that was a better choice?

Additionally, with regards to G12, I was wondering if I should take the Geos past G10 for now, or do that with characters who I have a higher chance of giving relics to? Mainly since G12 gear is still pretty hard to collect.

On my main I went for Nego first and took it all the way to 7*, then started for Malev (and got a lot thru the galactic chase, so it's nearly 7* now as well). On the alt, I just went straight for Malev as that was my plan, and it's the cheaper option and good if you are already running Geos.

You will want your 3x Geo pilots at g12, plus probably GBA at g12 and Poggle can stay at g11+ a few pieces. This will make completing the Wat mission pretty simple, plus for the pilots g12 is fine for them until late end game.

On my alt I just focused on the geos to g12 first, suffered a bit in squad arena but it pays off having them for a strong fleet (and they are still decent in arena). Once they are g12 I am "done" with them for a very long time and can focus on my other projects.
  • @Intimmydation

Understood. I had another question in that case. If I'm sticking with the Geos in squad arena, should my first Zeta go to GBA?

I've noticed a lot of folks tend to recommend characters like Vader or Palp for the first Zeta. And there are others like Jolee, Revan and Bastila who could benefit from one too.