Counters broken again?

frackme_21
92 posts Member
edited October 2021
I just ran a 9.5 minute battle using JMK and GMY with the health protection disk equipped against sector 2 boss (hard). How is it possible not to recover 300K health with that?

Also, i started the battle at 16/40 on the attempt to inflict potency down feat. I finished the battle with, you guess it, 16/40 on that feat. GMY attempts to apply it on every basic, and i never used any of his moves other than the basic.

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• frackme_21 wrote: »
    I just ran a 9.5 minute battle using JMK and GMY with the health protection disk equipped against sector 2 boss (hard). How is it possible not to recover 300K health with that?

I had the same issue last conquest (I probably recovered millions of health that battle with an overcharged medpack equiped). I assumed that it meant you had to actually lose health and the heal yourself, and that "heals" when already at full health didn't count, but it could also be a bug. I would rather it be a bug, if it is WAI it sucks (I can't test actually losing the health because the team in P1 is too easy to take that much damage against).
  • You do have to lose health before you can recover it for the feat. Also, GMY attempts to apply potency down after damage so if the damage kills the toon it won’t attempt to inflict potency down.
  • Potency down counting was just working for me. Even in a battle I lost too.

The healing counter has always only been for heals of actual health lost. That's why it is one of the hardest to get. Letting toons lose health without just getting destroyed is hard. Also health gained through health steal does not count.
  • Potency down counting was just working for me. Even in a battle I lost too.

The healing counter has always only been for heals of actual health lost. That's why it is one of the hardest to get. Letting toons lose health without just getting destroyed is hard. Also health gained through health steal does not count.

That's why it would be nice if there was some kind of indicator telling us how much health was regained. Even if it is just after the battle telling us how much. At least that way we could learn something for another attempt. Better would be some running counter.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    Potency down counting was just working for me. Even in a battle I lost too.

That's why it would be nice if there was some kind of indicator telling us how much health was regained. Even if it is just after the battle telling us how much. At least that way we could learn something for another attempt. Better would be some running counter.

Yeah, I don't get why this isn't in yet. They already have the tech for it. Obviously the game is actually counting it as you go, or there is no way of it awarding the feat. They already have the counters implemented in game for bounty hunter payouts. Put those 2 things together can't be that hard.
  • I suspect we don’t hVe visuals for counters because they sheer number of things you could be working on in conquests and CG can’t prioritize which one to display without cluttering up a screen or hidden visual impacts. They could potentially be showing you the number of LS and DS battles won (I’m sure someone wants to see it in battle) but what about number of kills with a Phoenix or BB, etc… some of us just want the recover health, remove TM, but others want counts of crits, counts of potency attempts, plus more. If each sector had about 7 feats plus the 7 (really intended 8) feats in this GC series, your screen would be cluttered.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I suspect we don’t hVe visuals for counters because they sheer number of things you could be working on in conquests and CG can’t prioritize which one to display without cluttering up a screen or hidden visual impacts. They could potentially be showing you the number of LS and DS battles won (I’m sure someone wants to see it in battle) but what about number of kills with a Phoenix or BB, etc… some of us just want the recover health, remove TM, but others want counts of crits, counts of potency attempts, plus more. If each sector had about 7 feats plus the 7 (really intended 8) feats in this GC series, your screen would be cluttered.

No, you just have something pop up when you accumulate ‘points’ towards the feats.

You know, like they have counting on the back end, just show it briefly.
  • And like the Journey Guide / Quest completion popups.
  • Tenacity up + JMK being immune in high ground are counter productive to actually gain damage to health.

Simply use Mon Mothma or if you have Rey its even easier especially with CAT...just sacrifice Reys Health bar and voila

You need no resist mechanic to Talzin Dot's to actually loose health bar behind the protection and not just via her AOE ability.
  • Or if you’ve got a team that can heal, don’t kill Talzin and let them gain some offense. I like using my Nightsisters against them - Relic Daka holds the line nicely while the gear 12s fall, revive, and Heal.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    I suspect we don’t hVe visuals for counters because they sheer number of things you could be working on in conquests and CG can’t prioritize which one to display without cluttering up a screen or hidden visual impacts. They could potentially be showing you the number of LS and DS battles won (I’m sure someone wants to see it in battle) but what about number of kills with a Phoenix or BB, etc… some of us just want the recover health, remove TM, but others want counts of crits, counts of potency attempts, plus more. If each sector had about 7 feats plus the 7 (really intended 8) feats in this GC series, your screen would be cluttered.

That makes no sense. They could use the same mechanic as in BHs contracts. Having feats like those without appropiate way to see if you're doing good, is AWFUL DESING, and it only shows how little CG cares about player experience.