Conquest 8&9

Replies

• ssj4tim wrote: »
    Did bonus stats get even worse? I now have 100% characters with +5 speed mods not getting to take a turn, hell one of the fights against imp troopers my GL rey didn't even get to take a turn, just sat there for 5 minutes watching them drop all my toons TM stuck in the damage immunity because they couldn't take a turn... has CG even LOOKED at the feedback? Or are they really trying to see how many people they can get to quit their game over this tedious ****.
    +5 speed mods?

Unless that’s a typo I think I see what your problem is.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    Did bonus stats get even worse? I now have 100% characters with +5 speed mods not getting to take a turn, hell one of the fights against imp troopers my GL rey didn't even get to take a turn, just sat there for 5 minutes watching them drop all my toons TM stuck in the damage immunity because they couldn't take a turn... has CG even LOOKED at the feedback? Or are they really trying to see how many people they can get to quit their game over this tedious ****.
    +5 speed mods?

That doesn't explain the problem with Rey not getting a turn though. Her base speed should be fast enough to allow it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    +5 speed mods?

That doesn't explain the problem with Rey not getting a turn though. Her base speed should be fast enough to allow it.

You have to check the modifiers. Lots of nodes have overprepared which boosts their speed by a lot.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    +5 speed mods?

Says who?

PvE units have different stats than player units

there is also stamina which reduces your base speed
  • Ultra wrote: »
    +5 speed mods?

Says who?

He did mention that stamina was at 100%

What he didn't mention was what sector we're talking about which would make a big difference but I was assuming sector one, or two at the most.

I acknowledge that the bonuses can easily put the opposing PVE team well over player speeds, but if you're making the case that it's somehow normal that Rey shouldn't get at least one turn in a 5 minute match, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Even if that's WAI, it's still infuriating to deal with which (I think) was the crux of the post.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    +5 speed mods?

Says who?

He did mention that stamina was at 100%

What he didn't mention was what sector we're talking about which would make a big difference but I was assuming sector one, or two at the most.

I acknowledge that the bonuses can easily put the opposing PVE team well over player speeds, but if you're making the case that it's somehow normal that Rey shouldn't get at least one turn in a 5 minute match, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Even if that's WAI, it's still infuriating to deal with which (I think) was the crux of the post.

He did mention it was vs Imperial Troopers though, and they gain TM on buffs and defeats, and piett buffs everyone each ability a trooper uses. That can easily outrun anything.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kalino wrote: »
    Where was it announced weak point disc was changed from 4 % to 2 %? What happend to no change? Thats a huge nerf and makes everything alot harder.

This is not a nerf, there was actually no change to how it operates. They changed the words to match what it was already doing.

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250192/content-update-10-07-2021#latest
    It’s now weak shot, and it lives up to the name. Instead of 4% for each debuff, it’s now 2% for all debuffs. Not going to be anywhere close to what it was the last two conquest. Be warned.

@MaricSkywalker

It is changed. It was 4% for all debuffs before. So when you stacked it with multiple debuff discs it ramped fast. Now it’s 2% for ALL debuffs. It was definitely nerfed.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Where was it announced weak point disc was changed from 4 % to 2 %? What happend to no change? Thats a huge nerf and makes everything alot harder.

This is not a nerf, there was actually no change to how it operates. They changed the words to match what it was already doing.

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250192/content-update-10-07-2021#latest
    It’s now weak shot, and it lives up to the name. Instead of 4% for each debuff, it’s now 2% for all debuffs. Not going to be anywhere close to what it was the last two conquest. Be warned.

MaricSkywalker

It is changed. It was 4% for all debuffs before. So when you stacked it with multiple debuff discs it ramped fast. Now it’s 2% for ALL debuffs. It was definitely nerfed.

Do you have a source for this? The announcement states only the description was changed. I can pass any information you have over to the team.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Except for the name and the % and the '(stacking)', they are exactly the same.

Now it says
    Whenever an ally attacks, they gain +2% Offense (stacking) for every debuff on all characters.

And before it said
    Whenever an ally attacks, they gain +4% Offense for every debuff on all characters.
  • StarSon wrote: »

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says
    Whenever an ally attacks, they gain +2% Offense (stacking) for every debuff on all characters.

And before it said
    Whenever an ally attacks, they gain +4% Offense for every debuff on all characters.

According to the update thread, the old description was wrong and the behavior was always the same. On the other hand, that was the claim for Zealous Ambition and apparently that behavior did change after all (with no description change), so my confidence that they didn't change other discs in contradiction with the update notes is low.

Relatedly, has anyone gotten Ruthless Offense yet, and what is the new description?
    Have they nerfed thermal exhaust from the previous grind? I thought I remembered some members talking about using that in conjunction with another disk that placed debuffs on enemies at the start of every turn. Creating a loop of thermal detonators to stack.

Now Thermal exhaust specifically states it can not stack……I thought CG has repeatedly stated (lied) that they can’t make changes in between grinds.

Was keen to have a go this time….but not sure what a single thermal det will do to an over, over, over prepared Relic 8 toon.

No one has stated they cannot make changes between Conquest.

Except when they said that they don’t want to make changes in between seasons of conquests and let the 3 Conquests run as they are. So they didn’t say the cant but that they don’t want to….except if it’s to make conquest more of a slog and grind
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Acymetric wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says

And before it said

According to the update thread, the old description was wrong and the behavior was always the same. On the other hand, that was the claim for Zealous Ambition and apparently that behavior did change after all (with no description change), so my confidence that they didn't change other discs in contradiction with the update notes is low.

Relatedly, has anyone gotten Ruthless Offense yet, and what is the new description?

But feelings are not proof or evidence. Someone getting it and how they feel is not going to be as helpful.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says

And before it said

Well, it's entirely possible they *meant* to change the description and changed the behavior, but so far it seems the same to me.

Ruthless Offense:
    Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health all allies gain 16% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.
  • kalidor wrote: »

He did mention it was vs Imperial Troopers though, and they gain TM on buffs and defeats, and piett buffs everyone each ability a trooper uses. That can easily outrun anything.

My original point was - it's not fair to dismiss the guys complaint because "bad mods". I love me some Imperial Troopers - they're a strong team, fun to play, with lots of TMM and they're very fast. I'm aware of the mechanics in play.

I still maintain that for the fastest character in the whole game, who also happens to be a GL, to not even get a turn in a full 5 minute encounter - something seems a bit off about that and I don't think it's got anything to do with how many speed rolls were on Reys mods.

This whole conversation is predicated on the assumption that the encounter actually happened the way it was described. If it did - that's not fun and I would be upset about it too.

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says

And before it said

But feelings are not proof or evidence. Someone getting it and how they feel is not going to be as helpful.

For sure, someone needs to bring some numbers from running that disc last time vs this time (or, possibly the info could be pulled from the datamining as was done to confirm the Zealous Ambition change?).
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says

And before it said

According to this, at least ZA did change, not just the description:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250315/zealous-ambition-broken#latest

Any comments @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI ?
  • StarSon wrote: »

0thybvzh20ny.jpg

@MaricSkywalker

Now it says

And before it said

According to this, at least ZA did change, not just the description:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250315/zealous-ambition-broken#latest

Any comments @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI ?

Yes, that's what I just said (in fact I'm one of the people who was posting in the thread you linked ). 😉
  • Yes imo conquest 9 is even worse than 8 but that may be the fact that in 3 sectors now it's been 90 percent galactic republic enemies... and the discs are sucking too... please fix this rng or remove steadfast retribution from the game and over prepared 3 and 4 as well...
  • Have the developers tried to play the game mode themselves? If so, did they find it fun ?

To me it’s just a waste of time watching teams like Phoenix attack 20 times in a row
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    bluecheese wrote: »
    Have the developers tried to play the game mode themselves? If so, did they find it fun ?

To me it’s just a waste of time watching teams like Phoenix attack 20 times in a row

Step 1: load into phoenix battle
    Step 2: Watch Ezra take 40-50 attacks in a row and eventually kill a character on your team .
    Step 3: watch Sabine take 40-50 attacks in a row and eventually kill a character on your team.
    Step 4: profit?

I always take Han in vs these teams if I'm forced to face one just to stop the loss of 2 characters.
    Maybe I'll take Nightsisters and profit from the deaths?
  • Malak tends to shut them down. He can take most of it, will eventually turn Crit Immune, and Fears them all. Gives time for DR to rip them apart.

Will probably need some cleanup with Critical Debuffs though.
  • Did CG break SLKRs no revive again or is Magna-guards death bug back? I just used SLKR to drop a GG/wat team in Conquest and he killed Magna, then Wat revived Magna.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Did CG break SLKRs no revive again or is Magna-guards death bug back? I just used SLKR to drop a GG/wat team in Conquest and he killed Magna, then Wat revived Magna.

Seeing as this is CG, quite possibly both.

Edit: It could be because Magna took a bonus turn then defeated himself, so it was no longer SLKR’s turn. Also, I don’t think Magna can’t be revived when defeated, unless stated otherwise.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’ll wait final judgment until we see the number in game. However I am assuming 40 is correct. How is 40 marks comparable to 10 death marks?

Assuming GG still works, much easier, 3-5 battles, in my experience.

You were absolutely right that this is easier especially if you had a low geared death trooper. 3-5 seems solidly accurate since gg is indeed an option
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

My original point was - it's not fair to dismiss the guys complaint because "bad mods". I love me some Imperial Troopers - they're a strong team, fun to play, with lots of TMM and they're very fast. I'm aware of the mechanics in play.

I still maintain that for the fastest character in the whole game, who also happens to be a GL, to not even get a turn in a full 5 minute encounter - something seems a bit off about that and I don't think it's got anything to do with how many speed rolls were on Reys mods.

This whole conversation is predicated on the assumption that the encounter actually happened the way it was described. If it did - that's not fun and I would be upset about it too.

SEE with Malak easily beats troopers in conquest. This is just a case of bringing the wrong date to the party.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Did CG break SLKRs no revive again or is Magna-guards death bug back? I just used SLKR to drop a GG/wat team in Conquest and he killed Magna, then Wat revived Magna.

Edit: It could be because Magna took a bonus turn then defeated himself, so it was no longer SLKR’s turn. Also, I don’t think Magna can’t be revived when defeated, unless stated otherwise.

Yea, that was the magna bug from before... He was the one killing himself. I thought that got fixed though, or maybe it didn't? Not sure.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    +5 speed mods?

Says who?

Says the Devs, in conquest units are base stats of that relic * sector modifiers * overprepared buffs. Apart from the hidden modifiers for the tuskans.

There were inaccuracies for some match ups In conquest 7 which @Kyno forwarded to Devs in conquest 7, but there wasn’t feedback after that. Not noticed this happen in 8&9 though.

As for the Rey not getting a turn, guessing a TM train.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’ll wait final judgment until we see the number in game. However I am assuming 40 is correct. How is 40 marks comparable to 10 death marks?

Assuming GG still works, much easier, 3-5 battles, in my experience.

You were absolutely right that this is easier especially if you had a low geared death trooper. 3-5 seems solidly accurate since gg is indeed an option

Which is easier is going to be different from user to user. Never took me more than 2 battles to get it before.

Do we have confirmation that the GG bug is still in effect? If so, can someone give me advice as to how to get GG to mark all his allies without anyone actually dying by the end of the battle? In C6, I tried the GG strat, by the time my GG was finally below 100% health, I was in a dire position, so I only got about 3 or 4 before the rest of my team died and I was forced to finish the battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Calbion wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    +5 speed mods?

Says who?

Says the Devs, in conquest units are base stats of that relic * sector modifiers * overprepared buffs. Apart from the hidden modifiers for the tuskans.

There were inaccuracies for some match ups In conquest 7 which Kyno forwarded to Devs in conquest 7, but there wasn’t feedback after that. Not noticed this happen in 8&9 though.

As for the Rey not getting a turn, guessing a TM train.

Yes characters in Conquest are based on the same stats we have, but have all the modifiers we know are there.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Yea, that was the magna bug from before... He was the one killing himself. I thought that got fixed though, or maybe it didn't? Not sure.

CG rarely fixes bugs that DON’T help players, so I doubt they would have fixed it. But in all honesty, I truly have no idea if it was fixed or not.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.