Zealous ambition broken

Replies

• Fatal1tyv2
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    The discs are broken this Conquest. How can you justify 8 leaders resolve in one Conquest? I've had 0 purples again and everything is either 1 or 2 dot grey or green. Seems convinent this is the round I would be getting Maul..
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Karamazov wrote: »
    Im doing normal conquest and strongest team is shaak led clones. Echo in previous conquests hits like a truck but there is definitely something wrong as his crit has gone from hitting for 120k to 15k. Definitely no boost in damage for my GMY either and now getting beat by Geos in sector 2.

I must be lucky. Echo and GMY are the only characters on their respective teams that actually work. GBA and Poggle work on their team tho.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Fatal1tyv2 wrote: »
    The discs are broken this Conquest. How can you justify 8 leaders resolve in one Conquest? I've had 0 purples again and everything is either 1 or 2 dot grey or green. Seems convinent this is the round I would be getting Maul..

I haven't seen a purple disc since conquest 2 or 3.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Fatal1tyv2 wrote: »

Purple disks aren't really worth the requirement anyway, unless you have a smaller roster and need Massively Overpowered to clear the board.

I think getting duplicate disks in the same node is a much bigger problem than the probability of getting purple disks.
  • I just get a blue Zealous Ambition and it doesn't seems to work with neither Talzin, Daka nor Ventress :-1: : they do the same damage as before
    StarSon wrote: »
    Purple disks aren't really worth the requirement anyway, unless you have a smaller roster and need Massively Overpowered to clear the board.
    Deadly Catalyst (bypass 30% protection) is worth it with 2 Deadly Swiftness disks
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Fatal1tyv2 wrote: »

I think getting duplicate disks in the same node is a much bigger problem than the probability of getting purple disks.

Oh totally agreed I was just letting that guy know they weren't alone. I *do* think it would be nice if they did a couple things.

1) For any set of 2 or 3 Data Disc nodes, there should be at least 3 unique options.
    2) Across a single sector map, there should be a minimum of 4 unique selections.
    3) If no purples drop by the time you get to GMK, you are guaranteed a purple option after beating him (the purples aren't super useful for getting 3*, but they are useful for cleaning up feats by getting 1 or 2* with a squad that otherwise wouldn't have a chance)

I just made the numbers up, I'm sure people could argue in either direction, but it wouldn't be that hard to still have everything be RNG based and still give people some kind of floor in terms of diversity of disc options.
  • DarthKelin wrote: »
    I've pinged the devs and they are looking into what's happening. I'll hopefully have more of an update for ya tomorrow.

What’s the response Doja?

It's only like 10:30 a.m. there, ease up. It isn't like they are likely to fix this mid-conquest (although maybe if they can explain what is broken we could find a way to work around it... personally I've just moved on from that disc entirely).
  • The disks are not WAI. The bonus is supposed to last throughout the encounter, but is currently lost after the first attack.

Devs plan to address this issue in a future update. Apologies for the inconvenience, and I appreciate y'all bringing this to my attention.
  • The disks are not WAI. The bonus is supposed to last throughout the encounter, but is currently lost after the first attack.

Devs plan to address this issue in a future update. Apologies for the inconvenience, and I appreciate y'all bringing this to my attention.

Address in a future update!? Oh mylanta. That’s not just an inconvenience, that’s a significant shift to some strategies. Y’all were awfully fast to hotfix JML a couple days back, why the heck can’t you guys hotfix this? How the heck did you guys mess it up to begin with?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Devs plan to address this issue in a future update.
    You mean will remove this datadisk (instead of fixing it) for the next three-part conquests
  • If this was the other way like it stacked the offense every turn that would be hotfixed but since it goes the other way it will be fixed some time in the future. Business as usual.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    If this was the other way like it stacked the offense every turn that would be hotfixed but since it goes the other way it will be fixed some time in the future. Business as usual.

Oh course they’d do that. With CG, helpful bugs are immediately fixed, while detrimental bugs are left alone.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • No worries CG, everyone can make a mistake. Just send out the three max crates for these last three conquest mistakes and we will understand this was just an honest mistake on your end. I’m sure the player base will appreciate a free Maul as a sign of goodwill after nerfing Darth Vader.
  • I'm actually most engaged in this game when wondering how they'll mess up next and how little they'll do to address it. I never have to wonder very long, certainly not as long as it takes them to acknowledge the previous mistake.
  • No worries CG, everyone can make a mistake. Just send out the three max crates for these last three conquest mistakes and we will understand this was just an honest mistake on your end. I’m sure the player base will appreciate a free Maul as a sign of goodwill after nerfing Darth Vader.
    I appreciate the sarcasm, but ZA was working normally in the previous 2 conquests.
  • Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm currently playing and have played other games similar to SWGOH in the past, and in literally every other game, there's always a fair compensation for mistakes like these, including fast fixes. It's sad how this game is the only one where players are expected to just deal with it and move on.

"We are aware of a bug preventing players from getting deserved rewards. We'll fix it some time next year. We apologize for the inconvenience, here's 3 Chewie shards. See you on the holotables!"
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    If the disk is currently WAI it is useless even if it was dropped to 1 slot. I don't actually see any damage boost at all.
  • I'm currently playing and have played other games similar to SWGOH in the past, and in literally every other game, there's always a fair compensation for mistakes like these, including fast fixes. It's sad how this game is the only one where players are expected to just deal with it and move on.

"We are aware of a bug preventing players from getting deserved rewards. We'll fix it some time next year. We apologize for the inconvenience, here's 3 Chewie shards. See you on the holotables!"

Up until about a year or 2 ago it used to be the same with this game. You'd often log into the game and get a little bonus present in your inbox with a delightful polite message stating " we apologize for the inconvenience caused, here's a little something to help you on your way". You often didn't even know what it was for and had to go to the forums to go find out what the bug was.

It was a great time in the game. Used to brighten up your day with their generosity and no one used to mind the bugs back then. Thinking back on it now actually makes me very sad.
    I appreciate the sarcasm, but ZA was working normally in the previous 2 conquests.

If it was only the ZA bug I would agree but there’s been so many different issues with conquest 7-9 , and their response is that they’re sorry but can’t do anything until conquest 10 but then they still change some stuff and mess it up so it gets worse. So they say one thing with their words but something entirely different through their actions. A normal company that actually care about business values and customer relations would be proactive with compensations and make sure the compensation would be bigger than what the players lost through the mistake.

Giving out the 3 max crates for these conquests would be a fair compensation. Of course that would mean that CGs expected profits from the new Maul character release fails but then that would give CG an incentive to make sure these things don’t happen again. They’d need to improve their internal processes and perhaps change who’s in charge of different things. Standard stuff that would be beneficial for the longtime health of this game.
  • Dream on, they won't do anything about this, like every time
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    Wow no wonder I'm now struggling in zone 2, only 1 3 star win and i burnt 50 crystals on a vader lead team who floored my R7 GAS 501st in seconds, I've full cleared with maybe 1 or 2 losses every conquest before.
    Honestly this is so disheartening, I'm not sure I'm even getting a crate this time! (compared to crate 6 before conquest 7 and crate 4 for 7,& 8).

If it was only the ZA bug I would agree but there’s been so many different issues with conquest 7-9 , and their response is that they’re sorry but can’t do anything until conquest 10 but then they still change some stuff and mess it up so it gets worse. So they say one thing with their words but something entirely different through their actions. A normal company that actually care about business values and customer relations would be proactive with compensations and make sure the compensation would be bigger than what the players lost through the mistake.

Giving out the 3 max crates for these conquests would be a fair compensation. Of course that would mean that CGs expected profits from the new Maul character release fails but then that would give CG an incentive to make sure these things don’t happen again. They’d need to improve their internal processes and perhaps change who’s in charge of different things. Standard stuff that would be beneficial for the longtime health of this game.

Can I have some of what you are smoking. I wouldn't call 1 Max crate as fair compensation, let alone 3. The entitlement is insane in this post.

Despite these bugs, plenty of people will have made 3 max crates, myself included. Maybe give everyone 1 crate above what they actually earned this time would be fair compensation in my opinion

Is it going to be fixed during this Conquest? I planned on using ZA as my main build in normal. Are you going to notify players a buff you choose to select during a mode that costs energy and crystals to change out your cards is next to useless?
  • I've pinged the devs and they are looking into what's happening. I'll hopefully have more of an update for ya tomorrow.
    Any news?
  • I've pinged the devs and they are looking into what's happening. I'll hopefully have more of an update for ya tomorrow.
    Any news?

Read the post directly above yours.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    NamGordo wrote: »
    The disks are not WAI. The bonus is supposed to last throughout the encounter, but is currently lost after the first attack.

Is it going to be fixed during this Conquest? I planned on using ZA as my main build in normal. Are you going to notify players a buff you choose to select during a mode that costs energy and crystals to change out your cards is next to useless?

No, it will not be fixed during this Conquest.
  • Players should be notified that ZA is not functioning. I have 2 ZA data disks in use and didn’t realize the issue until I saw this thread.