Gallius Rax Kit Idea

Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited November 2021
Here is the kit idea for Gallius Rax. If you have any feedback, please comment.

Lore:
Born as the orphan named Galli on Jakku, the man called Gallius Rax was placed on the path towards power when he had a chance encounter with the Sith Lord Darth Sidious. Rax rose through the ranks of the Galactic Empire as Sidious’ protégé, and the enactor of the Contingency. Following the Emperor’s death aboard the second Death Star, Rax took control of the remains of the Imperial forces. While Rae Sloane served as the public face of the Empire, Rax ruled from behind the scenes, eliminating rivals and manipulating galactic events. A master of deception, Rax tests the strength of both allies and enemies alike, and controls the battlefield through the manipulation of events and the elimination of allies.

1jbghi5x15b7.jpeg

Unit Name: Gallius Rax
Tags: Dark Side, Support (TAC), Leader, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Imperial Remnant
Description: Manipulative Imperial Remnant Leader who defeats both allies and enemies to claim victory.
Relic: Outcast Shah-Tehz Piece

Basic: Ruthless Strike (Omega):
Deal special damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. If they had no buffs, inflict Defense Down and Speed Down for 1 turn.

Special: Pulling the Strings (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Dispel Foresight and Stealth on all units, and Gallius Rax gains Stealth for 2 turns. Then, deal special damage to all enemies, and call all other Imperial Remnant allies to assist (dealing 20% less damage). Additionally, all other Imperial Remnant allies gain Retribution for 2 turns, and all enemies lose 20% Turn Meter.

Special: Test of Strength (Cooldown 4) (Zeta):
Dispel all debuffs on allies and buffs on enemies, and they take damage equal to 5% of their Max Health for each effect dispelled on themselves. For each status effect dispelled this way, Gallius Rax recovers 5% of his Max Health and Protection, and Imperial Remnant allies recover Health equal to 50% of the Health recovered.

Units defeated by this ability can’t be revived.

Leader: Emperor’s Contingency (Zeta):
Empire allies have +25% Potency and +30 Speed. Additionally, they have +5% Offense (stacking) and -5% Defense for each debuff on themselves, and recover 10% Health whenever they gain a buff.

Whenever any ally falls below 20% Health, they are inflicted with Deathmark until they are above 20% Health. Whenever an ally is defeated, all other allies recover Health and Protection equal to 30% 50% of the defeated ally’s Health and Protection. Additionally, Imperial Remnant allies gain +15% Max Health whenever an ally is defeated.

Unique: Shadow Emperor (Omega):
Gallius Rax has +10% Offense and +5% Evasion for each Empire ally. Additionally, Gallius Rax gains Stealth for 2 turns at the start of every encounter, and reduces his cooldowns by 1 whenever any unit is defeated.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    The mass assist would be too powerful with Dark Trooper.

I will reduce the damage done by those assisting. Thank you for evaluating.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    The mass assist would be too powerful with Dark Trooper.

I will reduce the damage done by those assisting. Thank you for evaluating.

It's better now!

Thanks!

• With Test Of Strength, who does “they” refer to? Allies? Enemies? Both?
  • In the leader, putting whenever an ally is defeated, rather than for each defeated ally, could give some great synergy with Dark Trooer. Each death (of the 4+) others will gain those stats. Did the Sith modifier inspire you with this idea.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    With Test Of Strength, who does “they” refer to? Allies? Enemies? Both?

Test of Strength refers mostly to allies, since I took inspiration for part of the ability from Rax’s plan to strengthen the Empire on Jakku. Though it could technically refer to enemies as well.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    In the leader, putting whenever an ally is defeated, rather than for each defeated ally, could give some great synergy with Dark Trooer. Each death (of the 4+) others will gain those stats. Did the Sith modifier inspire you with this idea.

The ability already says “whenever an ally is defeated” though. Did you mean something different, and accidentally mistyped?

No, I actually didn’t get the idea from the Sith modifier. For the whole leader ability, I took inspiration from Rax’s character from the Aftermath trilogy, where he intentionally betrayed allies to the New Republic to prevent them from betraying him, and keeping them from ruining his plans.

• Xcien wrote: »
    In the leader, putting whenever an ally is defeated, rather than for each defeated ally, could give some great synergy with Dark Trooer. Each death (of the 4+) others will gain those stats. Did the Sith modifier inspire you with this idea.

The ability already says “whenever an ally is defeated” though. Did you mean something different, and accidentally mistyped?

No, I actually didn’t get the idea from the Sith modifier. For the whole leader ability, I took inspiration from Rax’s character from the Aftermath trilogy, where he intentionally betrayed allies to the New Republic to prevent them from betraying him, and keeping them from ruining his plans.

Sorry, I meant the very end of the zeta part. And I see your inspiration.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Okay, that makes more sense, and I will add that to the kit. Thank you for evaluating.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Okay, that makes more sense, and I will add that to the kit. Thank you for evaluating.

But it doesn't change a thing, Dark Trooper is only defeated when he has no stacks of Dark Trooper Squad.

True, but I made some small changes to the leader ability instead to give the Max Health gain more synergy with the Health and Protection recovery. While it won’t be triggered by Dark Trooper losing a stack of Dark Trooper Squad, I believe the change @TheChild_eats_eggs1 proposed will benefit the kit greater than what I originally had.

But thank you for pointing that out.

But it doesn't change a thing, Dark Trooper is only defeated when he has no stacks of Dark Trooper Squad.

True, but I made some small changes to the leader ability instead to give the Max Health gain more synergy with the Health and Protection recovery. While it won’t be triggered by Dark Trooper losing a stack of Dark Trooper Squad, I believe the change @TheChild_eats_eggs1 proposed will benefit the kit greater than what I originally had.

Maybe more if we get more revive interactions like Gideon L in future
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

For IR, or just in general?

IR, but Daka revive has a small chance of affecting this too. Wouldn’t want to pull her out of an NS/SLKR team tho.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

IR, but Daka revive has a small chance of affecting this too. Wouldn’t want to pull her out of an NS/SLKR team tho.

Agreed.

• Overall a good kit, but there are 2 things that bother me about it.
    First is that he basically completely shuts out Moff Gideon's lead since he's not an Imperial Trooper. Which when there are only 5 imperial remnants (this one included) just seems wrong. That lead requires a zeta as well so shutting it out like that doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    Second is the Retribution in his first special. I think that should be 2 turns instead of 3. Retribution is strong, especially on death trooper. But more importantly, his unique can reduce his cooldowns, thus making it too easy to make the buff last endlessly with that long duration.
    Other than this I don't really see any problems. Pretty good job.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall a good kit, but there are 2 things that bother me about it.
    First is that he basically completely shuts out Moff Gideon's lead since he's not an Imperial Trooper. Which when there are only 5 imperial remnants (this one included) just seems wrong. That lead requires a zeta as well so shutting it out like that doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    Second is the Retribution in his first special. I think that should be 2 turns instead of 3. Retribution is strong, especially on death trooper. But more importantly, his unique can reduce his cooldowns, thus making it too easy to make the buff last endlessly with that long duration.
    Other than this I don't really see any problems. Pretty good job.

I will make those changes. Thank you for evaluating.