[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I submitted a post yesterday in the feedback section suggesting that the attack phase be lengthened to 36 hours, however it was deleted. I am unsure as to why.

Not deleted…merged into TW mega thread. Which is likely where this will end up as well, as it should.

Oh, excellent, I'll have a look for it. Would be helpful if this info was shared.
  • Having split the load with another officer to manage TW coordination for an international guild it was just depressing to chase people who all have a real life.

Between this and the new conquest I don’t even want to anticipate the ingame/coordination time we will need to commit. When the game becomes a chore it’s time to let go…
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I submitted a post yesterday in the feedback section suggesting that the attack phase be lengthened to 36 hours, however it was deleted. I am unsure as to why.

Not deleted…merged into TW mega thread. Which is likely where this will end up as well, as it should.

Oh, excellent, I'll have a look for it. Would be helpful if this info was shared.

@Gale_Toral
    Check the comments tab of your profile, you can find posts that have been merged, or any of your comments.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/Gale_Toral
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

@Gale_Toral
    Check the comments tab of your profile, you can find posts that have been merged, or any of your comments.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/Gale_Toral

You learn something new everyday.
  • GeFessT wrote: »
    Agree. The game began to take too much time. It became too difficult for the officers to organize and monitor the war process 24/7.

Quality of Life improvements can resolve this:

1. Let me click the guild listed on the map to open their guild info screen (quick kill)
    2. Keep the slot counts static per division and keep guilds within their divisions or call them
    3. Let me see who in my guild has attacked and with what team (slow kill, but should be doable)

Those three changes would get rid of 80% of your TW complaints.
  • Can we get Mk4 Bacta Gel added to the core gear? It's just as annoying to farm as the ones currently listed.
  • zatho wrote: »
    The solution is easy: CG could make faction-based TWs, e.g. allowing only dark side or light side toons. This way you don't need to double the amount of fights and guilds have to mange their limited resources between defense and offence, because certain counter combinations or GLs are not available

I like that idea. Light side vs dark side. Could be a lot of fun. And certainly in keeping with the film narrative.
  • The solution is easy: CG could make faction-based TWs, e.g. allowing only dark side or light side toons. This way you don't need to double the amount of fights and guilds have to mange their limited resources between defense and offence, because certain counter combinations or GLs are not available

Zatho's post is genius. If it ends up being too restrictive, you can create one exception (LS + all scoundrels vs. DS + all droids) Note that the exceptions are thematically ones that are wedded to being always light or always dark.

There's just too much work to do right now with the current TW setup. Our officers were trying to track people down and send motivational messages for the last 6 hours of set up through the final seconds of the attack phase (it was decided by 16 banners, and both guilds were busy to the end). It's just too much work.

On the other hand, with Scoundrels, Jawas, Droids and maybe one or two other very small factions being "swing" factions (not all of which would be available each time), you could have enough toons for 300M+ guilds to fill the defensive slots and attack the enemy formation. You can also still create interesting combinations (BB8 with Grievous, etc.) even though your freedom would be massively curtailed.

The only problem I see with this is that fleet would suffer badly in terms of trying to create even competitiveness since DS fleets hold a dramatic edge right now. But I'm sure that could be overcome, or maybe it would just become a new motivation for people to supercharge their LS fleets.

• While the idea is interesting and I’ve been waiting for a gac theme where only light side or ds can be used on defense, this is not fixing the issue. It is just slapping paint on the problem.

Yes it would eliminate the time issue, but matchmaking would be even harder across the board, especially on the sub 250 maybe up to 300 kk guilds. If guilds have a focus on Tbs then they are likely ls heavy given the need and would be at a huge advantage/disadvantage depending on which side you could use. How do you successfully match guilds with this added criteria? Do you even try? If not how is this better than the one sided matchups that are occurring now?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    While the idea is interesting and I’ve been waiting for a gac theme where only light side or ds can be used on defense, this is not fixing the issue. It is just slapping paint on the problem.

Yes it would eliminate the time issue, but matchmaking would be even harder across the board, especially on the sub 250 maybe up to 300 kk guilds. If guilds have a focus on Tbs then they are likely ls heavy given the need and would be at a huge advantage/disadvantage depending on which side you could use. How do you successfully match guilds with this added criteria? Do you even try? If not how is this better than the one sided matchups that are occurring now?

Mm is just mathing numbers. So filter it to which ever characters are required then us that for the mm. However don't see this happening.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is it possible to refund the gear above 10 and all the relic mats I’ve invested in Darth Vader? My relic 7 Vader does less damage than my relic 5 GBA. The nerf has rendered him completely useless.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is it possible to refund the gear above 10 and all the relic mats I’ve invested in Darth Vader? My relic 7 Vader does less damage than my relic 5 GBA. The nerf has rendered him completely useless.

whats your swgoh.gg
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is it possible to refund the gear above 10 and all the relic mats I’ve invested in Darth Vader? My relic 7 Vader does less damage than my relic 5 GBA. The nerf has rendered him completely useless.

I just lost my GAC round because I underestimated a Vader Team with Piett. He is far from useless.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is it possible to refund the gear above 10 and all the relic mats I’ve invested in Darth Vader? My relic 7 Vader does less damage than my relic 5 GBA. The nerf has rendered him completely useless.

If the answer is no, see and exexutor will be happy with your r7 vader.
  • Any speculation when we might see this Road Ahead post?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Any speculation when we might see this Road Ahead post?

October 27 is my guess
  • Ultra wrote: »

October 27 is my guess

Thank you. Bummer we get teased with gear changes then have to wait at least a month to even hear about the changes with who knows how long they're implemented while TW got an immediate update that divided the community even more.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

October 27 is my guess

Thank you. Bummer we get teased with gear changes then have to wait at least a month to even hear about the changes with who knows how long they're implemented while TW got an immediate update that divided the community even more.

Kyno has said that gear phase 1 rollout is same day as Road Ahead (hence October 27 guess)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

October 27 is my guess

Kyno has said that gear phase 1 rollout is same day as Road Ahead (hence October 27 guess)

I believe, because they said that is where they are putting more details about this phase.

But I also expect the RA to be earlier than that. I will need to harp on Doja more if that is the date for that post.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

October 27 is my guess

I believe, because they said that is where they are putting more details about this phase.

But I also expect the RA to be earlier than that. I will need to harp on Doja more if that is the date for that post.

Oh ok

SWGOH EVENTS usually data mines how far Galactic Challenges are posted in each content update (October 25-27) so we are expecting the next one on the 27th because we have another GC due on the 29th

Hence, my guess
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

October 27 is my guess

Oh ok

SWGOH EVENTS usually data mines how far Galactic Challenges are posted in each content update (October 25-27) so we are expecting the next one on the 27th because we have another GC due on the 29th

Hence, my guess

Game side and server side alternate weeks. So it could be earlier, depending on where this kind of game info falls.
  • It is nice that they have updated tw's but it is the middle of October and this still has not come to the game it is unacceptable considering that you put a relic 9 paxk in the next day
  • Considering the gear changes
  • They dont prioritize the players anymore just the bottom line
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Hello, When it's supposed the stun gun salvage get on daily??? TW was changed exactly the announcement day, also the packs to sell R9 materials was added the same day too. But the salvaging ítems was announced and weeks later not implemented still (not to mention also Fennec Shand was added and also the selling packs for Fennec too...) looks like a cheap marketing strategy for me
  • PumaK wrote: »
    Hello, When it's supposed the stun gun salvage get on daily??? TW was changed exactly the announcement day, also the packs to sell R9 materials was added the same day too. But the salvaging ítems was announced and weeks later not implemented still (not to mention also Fennec Shand was added and also the selling packs for Fennec too...) looks like a cheap marketing strategy for me

Scroll up. You’ll get a decent guess (despite my issues with Ultra, he’s always good for a guess). At least PRETEND to read the thread.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Natgmn wrote: »
    They dont prioritize the players anymore just the bottom line

They never did, they are just not even trying to hide it anymore.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I love that fact that today's day is about more packs. Oh wait, that is not just packs update. It also RNG to get what u want !!!

$60 + For no RNG
    $20 + for RNG

so this is the way of improving the gear ? Buy your way through RNG? Which game does this apart from SWGOH ?

Where is the Road Ahead and the make good for the nonsense DSTB ?

Also the senior producer left. And no announcement ?
    Post edited by Looooki on
  • Any speculation when we might see this Road Ahead post?

Some Friday in the future, so if the community hates it the devs are not in the office to respond to it for a few days 😎
  • At some point recently I remember reading an update claiming something about relic 8 materials becoming easier to find with the release of relic 9. I couldn't remember what events they were being added to but I thought that the devs said the rewards would be added in some events. Did i read it wrong? And if not what events were they added to?
This discussion has been closed.