TW defensive placements and MM 10-17 [MERGE]

Prev134
MaricSkywalker
170 posts Member
edited October 2021
bdusalroj9ba.jpeg

They sat 6 when asked via DM.
They have over a 100 GLs on us and 24 executor more than us.

So guess it’s 5 months losing every TW before we get our first relic 9. Thanks CG . Beautiful new system matchmaking.

Win/loss isn’t a factor in matchmaking apparently. We lost our last tw too. They won (dropping or sitting people). Still pulled an unwinnable TW match.

How am I supposed to inspire my guild mates for this when every tw we are down 50-100 GLs, and we usually have half the executors?

This is what CG meant when they were “fixing” sandbags?

What exactly is preventing sandbags? Nothing if you look at our matchups.

These guilds know they can’t win in their bracket- so why not sit and rotate people out- so they can get twice as many relic 9 mats and barely have to do anything?

I get you’re “dialing in” the matchmaking- or so kyno tells us. But it’s been 3 TWs? And the matches are still just as bad as before.

I know kyno, “it isn’t sandbagging, they just don’t have everyone sign up”. In my book that’s still the same **** thing. Whether they do it on purpose or not, they still get an easier matchup- and better rewards.

Punish the guilds that don’t have everyone sign up- not the ones that do.

If they don’t want to play tw, fine but don’t give them an sandbag matchup for it!! That’s insane.

Just reinforces the behavior- you rellly want to do something about it? Like you said you did, then set gp brackets like gac. Period.

Sure you can sit people - and you won’t have to set as much- but you’re still facing you’re guilds equivalent Gp.

Completely asinine to enable this kind of behavior and reward it . It’s disgusting
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Then you dangle relic 9 mats, the only source in the game, and expect people not to exploit matchmaking. Come on. Fix it CG. Punish the people that don’t have full tw participation and reward the guilds that do encourage everyone to sign up and play.

I can’t believe it’s even still a thing. Simplest of changes would fix it all.
  • That's just a 33.7m difference. Ha, those are rooky sandbagging numbers.
    Current matchup for my guild has a 75.7m difference :smile:
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Then you dangle relic 9 mats, the only source in the game, and expect people not to exploit matchmaking. Come on. Fix it CG. Punish the people that don’t have full tw participation and reward the guilds that do encourage everyone to sign up and play.

I can’t believe it’s even still a thing. Simplest of changes would fix it all.
    Matchmaking is rubbish, but it’s rubbish whether people exploit it or not.
  • All they are accomplishing is causing people to quit. In droves.

Fix the matchmaking. It should be an embarrassment.

Also, the right thing to do here would be to level out the mats structure for r9. Quit punishing people for who they wish to play with. If you think people are more likely to drop their 320M+ GP guild they've been with for years in order to join a higher GP guild than they are to just say I'm done with this you are fooling yourself. Look at your player attrition.

• They have 6 8qq2kin3t0j3.jpeg
    placeholders in the guild- then migrated 44 here for the matchup. Yea the 6 placeholders are just alt accounts. Stack the guild then sandbag to victory and more relic 9 mats
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Well do you know how many GLs each had going in. Could be pretty even. If you have alts like that sitting out then they also have GLs- executor sitting out. And they are the accounts that won’t earn any droid brains so soon they just weaken them self further
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Well do you know how many GLs each had going in. Could be pretty even. If you have alts like that sitting out then they also have GLs- executor sitting out. And they are the accounts that won’t earn any droid brains so soon they just weaken them self further

If they had only 6 sit, that won't make up the difference.
  • Sewpot wrote: »

Irregardless the matchmaking is beyond broken
    placeholders in the guild- then migrated 44 here for the matchup. Yea the 6 placeholders are just alt accounts. Stack the guild then sandbag to victory and more relic 9 mats

Swgoh.gg is broken.
    My guild has 45 members and it only shows 8 profiles.
    And anyway, 10% difference in guild gp is not exactly horrible matchmaking.
  • It’s not just TW matchmaking that is broken, just saying

Adding R9 mats into the mix wasn’t helping anything either
  • Puk
    15 posts Member
    They should make TW sign up compulsory like with TBs. then it’s up to the guild officers to motivate people to take part (or be removed). From that point on matchmaking just needs to match up on GL numbers and Execs. I can’t see why that system isn’t implemented
  • Puk wrote: »
    They should make TW sign up compulsory like with TBs. then it’s up to the guild officers to motivate people to take part (or be removed). From that point on matchmaking just needs to match up on GL numbers and Execs. I can’t see why that system isn’t implemented
    I don’t think the devs are competent enough to keep updating the system to recognise the newest power character / ships.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Puk wrote: »
    They should make TW sign up compulsory like with TBs.....
    No, they shouldn't. Terrible suggestion.

• jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    i also think TW matching is broken... after 2 horrible "punch ups" before, this time it looks like a "punch down" if we look at the "active" stats for this war (had contact with opponent guild, so this here are only the stats from players who are involved in TW)

they vs. us:
    50/50 vs. 46/50
    2 active exe vs. 20 active exe
    42 active legends vs. 148 active legends
    278m active GP vs. 322m active GP

i would suggest, roll back the old matchmaking... the new one seems pretty useless

Hello, I belong to this guild, first say that we have not moved 44 people before the match that is crazy, simply swgoh.gg was broken yesterday.
    Second we have not entered less on purpose, we have 1 player who for family reasons could not register and another 5 who did not, the consequence is that we have dropped 2 divisions losing prizes so we are not happy but we can not do anything if there are 5 players who finally have not signed, we do not want this match and we are also angry for having dropped 2 divisions losing many r9 fragments.
  • Puk wrote: »
    I don’t think the devs are competent enough to keep updating the system to recognise the newest power character / ships.

Also this would just incredibly devalue those investments. I think I’ve touched on this before.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I opened an issue in Bugforums. You can compare our stats here, this is absolutely unbalanced:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Territory-War-Matchmaking-broken/m-p/10865150

Edit: I just saw our opponent already posted here:
    jedilord wrote: »
    i also think TW matching is broken... after 2 horrible "punch ups" before, this time it looks like a "punch down" if we look at the "active" stats for this war (had contact with opponent guild, so this here are only the stats from players who are involved in TW)

they vs. us:
    50/50 vs. 46/50
    2 active exe vs. 20 active exe
    42 active legends vs. 148 active legends
    278m active GP vs. 322m active GP

i would suggest, roll back the old matchmaking... the new one seems pretty useless

• Stish
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    How exactly does matchmaking work? Clearly not how it should be. Currently my guild has 50 members joined. Going against a guild with 40. However, the major disparity is that this guild has over 100 galactic legends to our 40. They have over 4K more relic levels and nearly 1000 more zetas. Their average gp is 6.4m to our 5.2m. So does matchmaking simply take into account the gp of those that joined and nothing else? Not sure how they expect people compete when it is this lopsided.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stish wrote: »
    How exactly does matchmaking work? Clearly not how it should be. Currently my guild has 50 members joined. Going against a guild with 40. However, the major disparity is that this guild has over 100 galactic legends to our 40. They have over 4K more relic levels and nearly 1000 more zetas. Their average gp is 6.4m to our 5.2m. So does matchmaking simply take into account the gp of those that joined and nothing else? Not sure how they expect people compete when it is this lopsided.

They are not giving out details on how it works, to prevent players from taking direct advantage of it. The new system looks at many factors to help them balance it over time. These parameters can and will be adjusted to dial in the algorithm over time.

I dont believe they have any intention on balance based on GLs or other explicit elements like zetas.

Yes one of the factors is the joined GP.
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

They are not giving out details on how it works, to prevent players from taking direct advantage of it. The new system looks at many factors to help them balance it over time. These parameters can and will be adjusted to dial in the algorithm over time.

I dont believe they have any intention on balance based on GLs or other explicit elements like zetas.

Well they better do something to fix this quickly because pulling matchups that you have no chance to win against is causing people to quit left and right. Not to mention guilds that are clearly sandbagging to drop in a more favorable gp is ruining one of the best parts of the game. The old system was just fine and rarely recall being this outmatched.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    The old system was just fine and rarely recall being this outmatched.
    You must be joking
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Well they better do something to fix this quickly because pulling matchups that you have no chance to win against is causing people to quit left and right. Not to mention guilds that are clearly sandbagging to drop in a more favorable gp is ruining one of the best parts of the game. The old system was just fine and rarely recall being this outmatched.

They are not likely to do anything quick, this is going to be an iterative process that will take time.
  • Yeah, we got matched up with a guild that had 54m gp on us with 65% more GLs than we have! Come on CG!! This is rediculous!!! This is what "improved matchmaking" looks like? No thanks!!
  • Matchmaking seems broken to everyone that is on the downside of a severe mismatch, which we are once again. When the other guild has 2,200 more G13 toons there is a problem. The frustration from this is crazy. Is there some reason CG won’t at least show who or how many people sign up?
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Does no one understand active GP? Ffs my guild is at a 40 million raw GP disadvantage but guess what we are probably going to win because Active GP is a thing.
  • Does anyone here even like the new matchmaking or defensive requirements per member? In my guild no one likes it and the people in my arena and ship shards that I’ve spoken with dislike it universally. Not sure if they reflect the player base as a whole but thinking it is pretty much despised by almost everyone.
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    The response that the TW match making will reviewed and adjustments will be made down the line to make it more fair is garbage. TW has been around for over a year so you had tons of time to evaluate and fix the match making before the new release. We got paired against a guild that has more than double our GL’s. You released an update that nerfed pretty all counters! It’s the classic example of lazy programming, the match matching should have been fixed before the new TW’s were released. You make the community suffer for your laziness and ineptnesses.
  • LordSlugger
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Cg said they improved the matchmaking system in tw... well it worst then ever! Tell me how our 305m gp guild can be match with a 378m gp guils with 2x more gl then us? That's totally absurd. PLEASE CG correct that ASP since tw are important now with R9. This is unacceptable
    Post edited by LordSlugger on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hey, at least they solved the sandbagging issue. It's no longer necessary for the whale guilds to sandbag to get weaker opponents...