Shard chat or groups for fleet and arena.

Stealth_Walker10
5 posts Member
edited October 2021
I having been playing for long time to finally reach being able to get a high rank in fleet or squad. To find there are shard chats that dictate who gets to climb to first.

I switched my p.o. time twice trying to find a time where I would not be stepping on anyone's toes. To find a member of the shard blocks me when no one was collecting highest rewards. It is unfair. I thought this was pvp not player vs organized group against you.

Experienced same thing in squad. They block me with wall of Kenobi so I could not climb and if I do I get targeted and knocked right back out.

I know ones who are part of a shard chat would have an opinion on why they think they are alright. I personally think it gives an unfair advantage.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• It's just the way it's done - for years now. CG knows and doesn't care to do anything about it. Reach out to the people in your shard and see if you can get in the rotation. If they won't let you in, consider yourself locked out. It's unfair but it's the reality of arena in this game.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • It’s been this way since the game started, and there’s no easy solution since it’s often coordinated through an outside app (Discord).

The best advice I can give is to build up your own team so you can beat their teams consistently, and hopefully they’ll eventually send you an invite.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    It’s been this way since the game started, and there’s no easy solution since it’s often coordinated through an outside app (Discord).

The best advice I can give is to build up your own team so you can beat their teams consistently, and hopefully they’ll eventually send you an invite.

Or ... Just reach out to one player for shard chat ?

Or ... Build it own shard chat ... I just built mine so it's doable.
  • Try to reach out to the people running the chat, or be so annoying you have to force your way in. My shards that I’m in are nice about letting people join, but I do know their are some rude ones
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Some shard chats are more accessible than others so I hope you’re dealing with decent people. My shard chats look at the fleet/arena setup and try to get the most people the best possible payout. So while these systems feel like a mafia vs single player from the outside, on the inside it is mostly about getting as much as possible from CG for as many players as possible through improved payouts throughout the day.

My advice would be to continue to reach out to these shard members and hopefully through persistence you’ll be invited as well. Good luck.
  • I’ll offer up the same advice. Reach out to someone around your payout. The shard might be closed to new members until the lv/maul meta effect is known. However most shards are pretty relaxed. The whole point of them is to spend less time focused on the arena each day while increasing/maximizing shard members crystals.

I know those who are not in shards view them as bullies trying to steal your lunch money. Honestly, most shards could careless about individual people not in the shard. Of course if you are climbing hours before your payout then they’ll care. Also, everyone who wishes for shard chats to some how be eliminated or “fixed” just don’t understand the chaos arenas would be without them. They bring stability to shards and predictability.

As someone above mentioned, you’re not the enemy, cg is. Your shard isn’t trying to actively screw you more than likely though there are exceptions based on the behavior of individuals both in and out chats.

Finally, if you can’t beat jmk regularly that’s not the fault of the shard chat. No one is or should get first if they can’t beat jmk at a high rate.
  • Yeah I got invited to my shard chat after making it to #1 with 4* Executor. One of them was crying a bit at first, but they're generally OK dudes. They don't like when someone outside of the chat bumps them though, so you need to get an invite.
  • Same boat here, it feels so high school that i feel like being bullied in a game that I love. This is not pvp, this is you vs mafia. As I posted on other threads there are 2 sides of this argument. you are the a** if you did not join the friendly arena. On the other hand like me I’m in a mafia arena it’s 1 vs 15. The way I see it only CG can stop this practice by putting safeguards like payout immunity where in the last hour of your climb, only the one with the same payout can attack each other, that will be competitive unlike now where these p*** hides behind the mafia