TW MM and defensive placements [MERGE] 10-5-21

124Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    With more TWs here, any word on whether the matchmaking was fixed to look at guild rosters again and not just won/loss records and streaks?

It looks at many factors not just one.

They will continue to monitor and make adjustments between rounds.

The selection of opponents is simply awful, or it doesn't work right.
    After changing the selection system. We came across an opponent of approximately equal, we won. The second enemy was head and shoulders above. We lost, practically without a chance. Now they gave us an even stronger enemy. Where is your promise of winning / losing counts?
    Moreover, if the guild does not enter with its full complement, then it gets a great advantage, at high high dvizions. The goal of the developers is that the guilds do not enter the full roster?
    We have done a great job on the composition. And set the target for TW. And we are given opponents against whom we simply have no chance. It doesn't even make sense to play such a game, plan a strategy.
    35zji2bg8bo4.jpeg
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    People in this thread are ridiculous and just like to complain imo. Do you expect to have the exact same GP everytime? The last post the opponents are within 10% total GP, less even like 5%. And we dont know the active GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    O8c8h80 wrote: »
    People in this thread are ridiculous and just like to complain imo. Do you expect to have the exact same GP everytime? The last post the opponents are within 10% total GP.

Trying to cut through all the noise is important. What players want is a fair match up, where both sides have a chance of winning (still might be up hill in some way). Yes some players get caught on different things that may not always present this, but still I believe this is what they are seeking.
  • I think CG need to go back and learn basic math.
  • The response that the TW match making will reviewed and adjustments will be made down the line to make it more fair is garbage. TW has been around for over a year so you had tons of time to evaluate and fix the match making before the new release. We got paired against a guild that has more than double our GL’s. You released an update that nerfed pretty all counters! It’s the classic example of lazy programming, the match matching should have been fixed before the new TW’s were released. You make the community suffer for your laziness and ineptnesses.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno So based on a few million GP difference CG has decided that suddenly we must come up with 88 additional character teams and 22 additional fleets to set on defense? It’s ridiculous that either guild would need to do so based on a few million GP difference.

If TW wasn’t already boring beforehand, now it’s simply just an incredibly divisive game mode. Congrats CG, really. I didn’t think TW could get much worse, but you’ve proved me wrong.

The max number is based on the active GP of who joins. Then it goes down from that max, based on the number of players who joined.

The max didnt change that much, if at all based on GP, but it did change based in the number, which last time was probably due to who you faced.

Is there an explanation somwwhere of how the number of squads per territory is calculated now?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno So based on a few million GP difference CG has decided that suddenly we must come up with 88 additional character teams and 22 additional fleets to set on defense? It’s ridiculous that either guild would need to do so based on a few million GP difference.

If TW wasn’t already boring beforehand, now it’s simply just an incredibly divisive game mode. Congrats CG, really. I didn’t think TW could get much worse, but you’ve proved me wrong.

The max number is based on the active GP of who joins. Then it goes down from that max, based on the number of players who joined.

The max didnt change that much, if at all based on GP, but it did change based in the number, which last time was probably due to who you faced.

Is there an explanation somwwhere of how the number of squads per territory is calculated now?

h4du4gwmrtc3.png