Conquest 9: Are character stats bugged?

Prev1
Has anyone noticed that compared to Conquest 8, that either our opponents are stronger or our characters weaker?

I can no longer trigger Swiftness with my Han's opening vs all kind of different squads (but the same ones i targeted and beat in C8 without issues), using the same disks as before without any Offense increasing disks (which means it shouldn't be disk bug related) with 100 stamina, using R6 Han and R6 Chewie for Smuggler feat. I even remodded both Han and Chewie for maximum possible Offense, and retried a few battles with added Power disk (which i didn't need to use in C8), and i still can't pull it off most of the time.

Does anyone know if this was addressed anywhere? If i'm not imagining things and if this bug is affecting all our characters or opponent characters, that would be a MAJOR game-breaking Conquest bug.

Replies

• Same. I noticed aswell that the opponents are stronger than last conquest.
  • Character stats are not "bugged", that`s for sure. :) Stats are invisible, they are what they are, if they "rigged" them, that`s not nice. They can do anything, do you really think they`ll tell you ? I highly suspect they changed them, since I`ve noticed too it`s harder and can`t advance like previous conquests. Ridiculous behaviour, like the entire game in fact.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think there are too many variables to try and directly compare.

Personally, I am having an easier go.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s weird because I’ve lost less this one and guild mates are losing more 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm glad you're having an easier go, but that doesn't mean this bug doesn't exist, and affects a lot of people, or even everyone. Complaints on Reddit, and my Guild Alliance as well. And unless CG did some stealthy changes like they usually do, this could potentially be a major game-breaking bug.

Let me clarify on why i am very certain that something is wrong:

Conquest 8:
    - R6 Chewie with Tenacity sets and without CD/Offense primaries, ~7100 Offense.
    - R6 Han with my regular CD set and CD Triangle, ~7300 Offense
    - 0 Offensive disks except Leader's resolve (which affects my Qira only)

- No trouble triggering Swiftness with his opening vs Bad Batch, Geos, Troopers, Mandalorians, even with 70 stamina

Conquest 9:
    - R6 Chewie with my best Offense/CC sets and CD/Offense primaries, ~9500 Offense
    - R6 Han with my best Offense set and CD/Offense primaries, ~8400 Offense
    - 1 Blue Power disk, Critical Buffs

- Can't trigger Swiftness with his opening vs Bad Batch, Geos, Troopers, Mandalorians most of the time, with 100 stamina on both Chewie and Han

I have also noticed a general increase in difficulty using all my squads vs any opponents. Using the same disks that i usually do, and i'm not counting Zealous not working properly, or Defensive Formations regenerating Protection correctly now, because i haven't been using them in this or the previous Conquest.
  • I'd agree that things seem harder this time in this regard. In my case, my disk allotment has royally ****. I'm into sector 4 and now weakpoint/spot, no swiftnesses of any kind, etc. I just wrote it off to that.

However, there's a vader team in sector 2 that even my JML team struggled mightily with and that should not happen. Especially with them at 100%.
  • Khalysa wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm glad you're having an easier go, but that doesn't mean this bug doesn't exist

By extension, the fact you are having a more difficult time this Conquest does not mean a bug exists.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Khalysa wrote: »

I'm glad you're having an easier go, but that doesn't mean this bug doesn't exist, and affects a lot of people, or even everyone. Complaints on Reddit, and my Guild Alliance as well. And unless CG did some stealthy changes like they usually do, this could potentially be a major game-breaking bug.

Conquest 8:

- No trouble triggering Swiftness with his opening vs Bad Batch, Geos, Troopers, Mandalorians, even with 70 stamina

Conquest 9:
    - R6 Chewie with my best Offense/CC sets and CD/Offense primaries, ~9500 Offense

- Can't trigger Swiftness with his opening vs Bad Batch, Geos, Troopers, Mandalorians most of the time, with 100 stamina on both Chewie and Han

I have also noticed a general increase in difficulty using all my squads vs any opponents. Using the same disks that i usually do, and i'm not counting Zealous not working properly, or Defensive Formations regenerating Protection correctly now, because i haven't been using them in this or the previous Conquest.

If the teams are further into a sector, they will have a higher sector bonus. This will make them harder.

You have noted that you changed mods, I would imagine that other stats changed due to this. PvE characters have some level of AI that controls their choices and even moves (to some extent) based on player character stats, this can cause changes to how the match will play out.

I am not dismissing anything you see, but as I said, there are many factors to consider and they can all factor into the battle.

A bug to stats would have an effect on everyone, and would be unlikely to be positive in some cases and not in others, they would all be bugged in the same direction. The game mode is fairly dynamic and each player will feel this in different ways based on all the factors at hand. If you feel yhere is a bug, please report your evidence to Answers HQ.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

I'm glad you're having an easier go, but that doesn't mean this bug doesn't exist

By extension, the fact you are having a more difficult time this Conquest does not mean a bug exists.

I did not even imply that it isn't so.
  • Khalysa
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2021

Conquest 8:

Conquest 9:

If the teams are further into a sector, they will have a higher sector bonus. This will make them harder.

You have noted that you changed mods, I would imagine that other stats changed due to this. PvE characters have some level of AI that controls their choices and even moves (to some extent) based on player character stats, this can cause changes to how the match will play out.

I am not dismissing anything you see, but as I said, there are many factors to consider and they can all factor into the battle.

A bug to stats would have an effect on everyone, and would be unlikely to be positive in some cases and not in others, they would all be bugged in the same direction. The game mode is fairly dynamic and each player will feel this in different ways based on all the factors at hand. If you feel yhere is a bug, please report your evidence to Answers HQ.

Understandable. The Han/Chewie thing has been tested on Sector 4, i noticed this issue when doing the Smuggler feat (which was super easy for me in C7 and 8, but extremely difficult now in C9 using the same disks), but i sensed a general increase in difficulty vs all squads across all Sectors (higher speed, tankiness, damage output on all opponents).

I'm not sure what you're implying with my mod changes, and what does the AI behavior have to do with Han not being able to proc Swiftness with his opening attack. I've considerably increased Han & Chewie's Offense and added CD to Chewie, and also added blue Power disk and Critical Buffs, and still cannot get through my target's Protection with Han's opening on 100 stamina. While in C7 and 8 i never had a problem getting through my target's Protection with Han's opening, even at 70 stamina, considerably lower Offense on mods, and using NO Offense increasing disks, on the same opponents (Geos, Mandos, Bad Batch, Troopers).

Also, how do i exactly gather evidence on this?
  • My JML got fractured by an enemy Thrawn in sector 3. Thought that wasn’t supposed to be a thing anymore.
  • Stiehl wrote: »
    My JML got fractured by an enemy Thrawn in sector 3. Thought that wasn’t supposed to be a thing anymore.

Fracture can still be inflicted, it just is supposed to do different things (-50% Speed instead of setting to 0).
  • Maybe it was just the insane enemy speed then, because he didn’t gain TM after getting it
  • ZA disk is confirmed broken. With so many bugs in the last few conquests, I'm less inclined to spend crystals to refresh early, just to be victim to things out of my control again and again. I'll wait and let the community discover what actually works and what doesn't and hope I can make decent progress in the last week without frustrating myself so much I don't want to play other game modes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Conquest 8:

Conquest 9:

Understandable. The Han/Chewie thing has been tested on Sector 4, i noticed this issue when doing the Smuggler feat (which was super easy for me in C7 and 8, but extremely difficult now in C9 using the same disks), but i sensed a general increase in difficulty vs all squads across all Sectors (higher speed, tankiness, damage output on all opponents).

I'm not sure what you're implying with my mod changes, and what does the AI behavior have to do with Han not being able to proc Swiftness with his opening attack. I've considerably increased Han & Chewie's Offense and added CD to Chewie, and also added blue Power disk and Critical Buffs, and still cannot get through my target's Protection with Han's opening on 100 stamina. While in C7 and 8 i never had a problem getting through my target's Protection with Han's opening, even at 70 stamina, considerably lower Offense on mods, and using NO Offense increasing disks, on the same opponents (Geos, Mandos, Bad Batch, Troopers).

Also, how do i exactly gather evidence on this?

Interestingly, I have had no issues with the smuggler feat, except in Conquest 7.

I am saying there are many factors to consider, and that this can effect how the battle goes. One of which is where in the sector they are, which would increase stats making it harder to plow through their protection.

I assume from your post that you have screen shots and numbers recorded from previous Conquests to prove that something is bugged, and not just different due to the factors at play. If not, I am not sure how you could prove this, but if you are convinced then you should be able to present enough information to have them look into this at some level.
    Maybe it was just the insane enemy speed then, because he didn’t gain TM after getting it

Should be easy to reproduce then, no?
    Make a video and post it here.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Biggest thing to consider is what level of Overprepared are you facing?

If it was 0-2 in the previous Conquests but the same team now has OP 3/4 then you're going to have a tough time removing all that protection in one triple tap.

I always ensure there's at least one zero OP or even OP1 in each sector before the mid-sector boss for this exact reason.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Biggest thing to consider is what level of Overprepared are you facing?

If it was 0-2 in the previous Conquests but the same team now has OP 3/4 then you're going to have a tough time removing all that protection in one triple tap.

I always ensure there's at least one zero OP or even OP1 in each sector before the mid-sector boss for this exact reason.

If you haven't noticed, random Overprepared modifiers (I, II, III, IV) are not a thing since Conquest 7. All opponent squads have a fixed Overprepared modifier depending on their faction and composition.

Examples: Bad Batch never have OP, NS (except the Sector 2 boss one) always have OP 4, Geos always have OP 1, Mandos (except the mid-boss ones) always have OP 3.

So the issue is clearly not about Overprepared, because i am struggling for example with my Han's opening to proc Swiftness on the same Sector vs same opponents that i targeted in C7 and C8 (Bad Batch, Geos, Mandos, Troopers) with previously not used Offensive disks, more offense on mods, and 100 stamina. While procing Swiftness with Han's opening was super easy in C7 and C8, even with 60 stamina, regular mods, 0 Offensive disks.
  • Khalysa wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

If you haven't noticed, random Overprepared modifiers (I, II, III, IV) are not a thing since Conquest 7. All opponent squads have a fixed Overprepared modifier depending on their faction and composition.

Examples: Bad Batch never have OP, NS (except the Sector 2 boss one) always have OP 4, Geos always have OP 1, Mandos (except the mid-boss ones) always have OP 3.

Bad Batch definitely can have it:
    x8lgh9dt9fsl.png
    a8eurz6a2bbs.png

• UdalCuain wrote: »

x8lgh9dt9fsl.png
    a8eurz6a2bbs.png

Oh, was that always like that? I haven't seen any Bad Batch with any Overprepared in C7 and 8
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »

x8lgh9dt9fsl.png
    a8eurz6a2bbs.png

Oh, was that always like that? I haven't seen any Bad Batch with any Overprepared in C7 and 8

I dont think I saw many teams without it. But I dont have any pics to confirm one way or the other.
    UdalCuain wrote: »

x8lgh9dt9fsl.png
    a8eurz6a2bbs.png

I dont think I saw many teams without it. But I dont have any pics to confirm one way or the other.
    I had bat batch teams with OP in both C7 and C8, as well as C9
    My JML got fractured by an enemy Thrawn in sector 3. Thought that wasn’t supposed to be a thing anymore.

No, it can still happen, the difference is that Galactic Legends are treated like Raid Bosses and now lose 50% speed, but still otherwise act normally. If you tap the debuff you’ll see it listed properly in the menu. Working as intended, but an understandable mistake to make since there was a change and most people reflexively got angry about the change so the assumption became it can’t happen at all, period.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • They’re probably continuing to tune it between conquests, based on the data they are receiving.
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes they buffed all enemies, yes they nerfed discs, yes some disks are not wai. This was discussed on rsg stream. Yes thier are bugs. And yes the rng is terrible this time for most people. And yep just gotta suffer through it cuz nope they wont change it...
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    They’re probably continuing to tune it between conquests, based on the data they are receiving.

They're tuning it the wrong way lol
  • Behind the scenes, CG has been making conquest and TBs more difficult in a progressive manner. It's not really 'hidden', because its noticeable with things like shaak ti's issues in ds geo, but they're trying to make it more difficult to force spending/resource commitment.
  • Cs99 wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    They’re probably continuing to tune it between conquests, based on the data they are receiving.

They're tuning it the wrong way lol

Not if your goal is to get people to spend.

Same here.

I have put it down to having had two goes before and so able to plan my battles better.

Using less refreshes this time too.

Also have been paying more attention to what levels of over prepared my enemies have and this has definitely made it feel more straightforward. I have chosen some battles I avoided last time due to lower or no over prepared and this seem to be the way to go from what I have seen. 😀
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Can we please get a confirmation if there were any changes to character stats in Conquest? Lots of people on Reddit and on my guild alliance Discord are reporting the same issue with character stats being off.

Here is a good example from one post on Reddit: "They've definitely ratcheted up the enemy stats compared to previous Conquests. In 7 and 8 I was able to use Geos to beat up a Bad Batch team in Sector 5 with no Overprepared modifier; with a green Leader's Resolve my Brood Alpha would go right after Echo and things were fine from there. This time around I've got a Bad Batch squad in the same spot in Sector 5, no Overprepared modifier, 100 stamina, and a blue Leader's Resolve equipped, but the entire Bad Batch team still goes before my GBA. No mod changes or anything, so it's clearly an increase in their speeds."