Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    What is CG's policy on unsolicited ideas and designs? People like to share their ideas, I did it too, but are you folks actually allowed to look at it or potentially use it? I know of creators who strictly avoid it and even ban it (MTG's Mark Rosewater comes to mind) and there certainly are some that encourage it, so where on the spectrum does CG fall?
    I checked the forum guidelines and there's nothing about it, so I'll just assume it's fine until I get different information.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    What is CG's policy on unsolicited ideas and designs? People like to share their ideas, I did it too, but are you folks actually allowed to look at it or potentially use it? I know of creators who strictly avoid it and even ban it (MTG's Mark Rosewater comes to mind) and there certainly are some that encourage it, so where on the spectrum does CG fall?
    I checked the forum guidelines and there's nothing about it, so I'll just assume it's fine until I get different information.

There is nothing against sharing any feedback and ideas you may have, as as the post itself is within the Forum Guidelines.
  • Nauros wrote: »

I believe that CG Miller discussed that during his talk with Cubs a couple weeks back. Can’t remember what was said, but I think he said that they read em.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I believe that CG Miller discussed that during his talk with Cubs a couple weeks back. Can’t remember what was said, but I think he said that they read em.

Yes they do, but I think the point of the question was if they would or are allowed to use them. That point I dont think has ever been discussed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes they do, but I think the point of the question was if they would or are allowed to use them. That point I dont think has ever been discussed.

If they can read them, it would be hard to completely avoid using at least some bits so that is probably fine too. I don't think many (if any at all) ideas posted here could be used wholesale anyway. Thanks for the answer, I will keep throwing ideas here if some cross my mind.
    Also, couldn't it deserve a specific forum category? It seems like an odd fit in feedback to me...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

If they can read them, it would be hard to completely avoid using at least some bits so that is probably fine too. I don't think many (if any at all) ideas posted here could be used wholesale anyway. Thanks for the answer, I will keep throwing ideas here if some cross my mind.
    Also, couldn't it deserve a specific forum category? It seems like an odd fit in feedback to me...

We have been discussing one for kits specifically, I will raise the point of one for "Design" or "Game mode" suggestions? Does that sound right?

I agree they wouldnt use anything whole sale, but I do imagine that the ideas suggested from the outside may just be used as a conversation starter or in early development stages and morph into a final thing they actually produce.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I think this includes any designs or ideas you post

“Your UGC

🛈 You allow EA and our players to use anything you upload or create (UGC) for free within our games and services. You are responsible for your UGC, it must be your own content or content you’re allowed to use.

You are responsible for your UGC. You may not upload UGC that infringes a third party's intellectual property rights or that violates the law, this Agreement or a third party's right of privacy or right of publicity.

EA may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or disable UGC for any reason, including if EA reasonably determines that UGC violates this Agreement. EA does not assume any responsibility or liability for UGC, for removing it, or not removing it or other Content. EA does not pre-screen all UGC and does not endorse or approve any UGC available on EA Services.

When you contribute UGC, you grant to EA, its licensors and licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise transmit and communicate the UGC, or any portion of it, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or later devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You also grant to all other users who can access and use your UGC on an EA Service the right to use, copy, modify, display, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise communicate and distribute your UGC on or through the relevant EA Service without further notice, attribution or compensation to you.”
  • Can I just ask a question?
    If it costs 600 crystals for 5 RC shards in conquest shipments, why is it 1299 crystals for the 5-330 pack? I realise you're gambling, but given that the odds of you getting 5-7 shards is very high and the odds of getting the higher values are incredibly slim, surely these packs should be priced differently or have a minimum of 10 shard drops? It's still less than you'd get from buying them individually but less of a kick in the nuts.
    Just an idea.
  • A few things like future character development issues. What issues there is in coding. Why old characters can’t be reworked anymore. Don’t get me started on mace windu In LS geo being a better room than what we currently have. Any future news or semi regular news on more ship content. The thought of building a second swgoh on a format that’s easier to roll out new characters on while transfering our current rosters. Finally some news about making general improvements to gameplay such as crafting gear in scavenger that no toon needs so we can better farm our relic requirements would be such a big help.
  • Another thought might be character line up order and when it matters what toons go where with what teams would be awesome.
  • Maybe this has been discussed in another area. But I was wondering if there was ever any consideration to increasing the max tickets earned per day. I think it encourages spending crystals on more energy refreshes, but also provides more opportunities for raids and therefore gear. I was just thinking it could be a nice balance between developer revenue and gear crunch. It's not THE answer to the gear crunch which I know you're trying to address right now, but could be one piece? Just a thought!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Din__Fin wrote: »
    Maybe this has been discussed in another area. But I was wondering if there was ever any consideration to increasing the max tickets earned per day. I think it encourages spending crystals on more energy refreshes, but also provides more opportunities for raids and therefore gear. I was just thinking it could be a nice balance between developer revenue and gear crunch. It's not THE answer to the gear crunch which I know you're trying to address right now, but could be one piece? Just a thought!

Isn't Chorefest enough? Do you really need to give them ideas for more crystal sinks?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Isn't Chorefest enough? Do you really need to give them ideas for more crystal sinks?
    What about a "Donate crystals to CG"-button? In exchange you gain 1 CWC-shard
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »
    What about a "Donate crystals to CG"-button? In exchange you gain 1 CWC-shard

1 CWC shard for every 1,000 crystals. I’m sure CG would love the idea.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Fleet loadouts… we have 9 cap ships now!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Fleet loadouts… we have 9 cap ships now!

I’d like to add that we need more ships to fill the fleets as well.

• Xcien wrote: »

I never understood why people keep saying that, like a broken record.

O.o game seems fine to me lol
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »

Because we have 9 capital ships and only 44 regular ships. Mathematically, we could not field a fleet for each capital (and yes I understand there should be no reason to actually field 9 fleets). Also, we need about 35 more ships before there is enough GP in existence to max star LSGeo.

Saying "we need more ships," does not really have anything to do with whether the game is fine or not.
  • Hello. I'm curious as to why the game no longer notifies guildmates of toon promotions to Relic 7 and Relic 8, but still gives gear 9, 10, and 11 notifications. That seems a little silly. It takes much more effort to reach a high relic level. I think the R7 and R8 notifications should be restored, and those low gear notifications should be retired.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Hello. I'm curious as to why the game no longer notifies guildmates of toon promotions to Relic 7 and Relic 8, but still gives gear 9, 10, and 11 notifications. That seems a little silly. It takes much more effort to reach a high relic level. I think the R7 and R8 notifications should be restored, and those low gear notifications should be retired.

While I don’t believe the gear notifications should be turned off, since they are still an achievement for beginning/early game players, I believe they should still do notifications for relics, not just R9.

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    Hello. I'm curious as to why the game no longer notifies guildmates of toon promotions to Relic 7 and Relic 8, but still gives gear 9, 10, and 11 notifications. That seems a little silly. It takes much more effort to reach a high relic level. I think the R7 and R8 notifications should be restored, and those low gear notifications should be retired.

While I don’t believe the gear notifications should be turned off, since they are still an achievement for beginning/early game players, I believe they should still do notifications for relics, not just R9.

Yeah, maybe linking it to Guild GP, which gear/Relic levels will appear in the chat
  • zatho wrote: »

Yeah, maybe linking it to Guild GP, which gear/Relic levels will appear in the chat

Or give guild officers/leaders the ability to toggle which ones they want to appear in their guilds chat.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Because we have 9 capital ships and only 44 regular ships. Mathematically, we could not field a fleet for each capital (and yes I understand there should be no reason to actually field 9 fleets). Also, we need about 35 more ships before there is enough GP in existence to max star LSGeo.

Saying "we need more ships," does not really have anything to do with whether the game is fine or not.

Where in the game do you need to field these 9 fleets at once?

Really, you can use 4 or 5 in GAC / TW, and there are more than enough ships to put together 4 or 5 fleets.

Thus, we don't particularly need more ships.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Where in the game do you need to field these 9 fleets at once?

Really, you can use 4 or 5 in GAC / TW, and there are more than enough ships to put together 4 or 5 fleets.

Thus, we don't particularly need more ships.

Why you gonna quote me and ignore what I said? I very literally said I know there’s no reason to attempt to field 9 fleets. I also explained why people said we need more ships, and how that has no bearing on the health of the game.
  • I meant that I find it puzzling to hear "we want more ships" over and over, despite having more than enough for current activities. I know why they are saying it. I am concerned that the dev's will hear "we want more ships" over and over and try to compensate, thus having a bearing on the health of the game.

It's kinda like saying we have too many leader characters and can't field a squad for all of them, so we need more non-leader characters.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I meant that I find it puzzling to hear "we want more ships" over and over, despite having more than enough for current activities. I know why they are saying it. I am concerned that the dev's will hear "we want more ships" over and over and try to compensate, thus having a bearing on the health of the game.

It's kinda like saying we have too many leader characters and can't field a squad for all of them, so we need more non-leader characters.

Those "current activities" are also severely limited, though. I think we should get more ships as well as places to use them.
    And another issue is that we don't even have the ships to fill some fleets, especially now that BH ships get their own capital and can no longer be used to fill in the blanks. At the very least, we need full fleets for Raddus and Finalizer.
    And the comparison to leaders fails for the simple reason that you can use a leader in non-leader slot.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I meant that I find it puzzling to hear "we want more ships" over and over, despite having more than enough for current activities. I know why they are saying it. I am concerned that the dev's will hear "we want more ships" over and over and try to compensate, thus having a bearing on the health of the game.

The point was also brought up in regard to LS TB: a game mode currently incapable of being completed without more ships, so it does actually seem prudent to add more ships to the game such that completing game content is possible.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Well that just seems silly. Why would they set such an impossible figure? It's like CG can't count past 7!
This discussion has been closed.