Lord Vader's mastery calculation

Gale_Toral
127 posts Member
edited October 2021
Apologies if this is elsewhere but I couldn't see it on the search.

Do abilities like Lord Vader's ultimate and Unshackled Emotions apply a mastery increase to an ally's base mastery as seen on their equipment page or to their current mastery?

Example: Say I pair LV with Maul, Piett, RG and Stormtrooper. I have my team all at r8 which means +60 mastery for them all. Say that I also start off with 60 stacks of Underestimated.

LV's lead will give everyone +20% mastery. This obviously is calculated from base +60 meaning everyone now has +60 * 1.2 = +72 mastery. LV moves first and I get him to use Unshackled Emotions which gives his team 60% mastery.

1 - If this increase applies to base mastery (+60), the new mastery value will be current mastery + (base mastery * 1.6) = +72 + (+60 * 1.6) = +108 mastery.

2 - If this increase applies to current mastery (+72), the new mastery value will be current mastery + (current mastery * 1.6) = +72 + (+72 * 1.6) = +115.

Not the biggest difference but after several uses it will start to accelerate away from equation 1. But anyone know which one occurs? The description on .gg's mechanics breakdown is a bit ambiguous and could be interpreted both ways so some clarity would be nice.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    It’s based on current mastery, so subsequent uses will lead to higher mastery increases
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s based on current mastery, so subsequent uses will lead to higher mastery increases

I look forward to enemy JMK's smashing their scouters once I get Maul on Monday.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I look forward to enemy JMK's smashing their scouters once I get Maul on Monday.

Any updates on this?
  • Remember Unshackled Emotions grants Mastery based on his Underestimated stacks. So it won’t be 60% right away.
  • Nightmara wrote: »
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Any updates on this?

It's shaky right now and modding and general strategy needs to be firmed up, but even without any real testing I was getting through JMK CATs fairly easily. The biggest threat to me was the timer. It seems to be all about managing when GK correctly so he doesn't mass cleanse and undo all the work you've put in.