TW defensive placements and MM 10-17 [MERGE]

Replies

• Not ??? I think this Matchup is far away to be fair.

Tattooines Fight Club vs Fury
    ===========Overview===========
    Members :: 49 vs 50
    GP :: 327.7M vs 373.1M
    Avg Arena Rank :: 62.86 vs 37.82
    Avg Fleet Rank :: 41.63 vs 39.62
    Zetas :: 6748 vs 7506
    Ults :: 118 vs 187

• I'd like to see some transparency on how the MM algorithm worked before and how it got 'improved' because I see no difference/improvement and the same ridiculously unbalanced matchups still occur when participation numbers get reduced (intentionally or not).
    Obviously CG will never provide any intel on how their MM works because we would have some actual info to work with and we could check if they indeed worked on the algorithm or not.
    The new R9 rewards and especially the reward structure is just incentivizing the top guilds to sandbag even harder than they probably alrdy did before. Why would you sign up with full strength into the 380+ division facing another whale guild that's gonna try just as hard to win giving you a really hard time when you can sandbag into a lower division (360+ or 340+) and significantly increase your win chance the lower you drop in divisions? Simplified math as an example assuming that dropping 1 div is increasing the win chance to 65% and dropping 2 divs increases the win chance to 90% (you could still face another guild that sanbags just as hard as you):
    Div1 (380+): 50% chance to get 5 mats, 2.5 on avg
    Div2 (360+): 65% chance to get 4 mats, 2.6 on avg
    Div3 (340+): 90% chance to get 3 mats, 2.7 on avg
    Longterm you'd get more mats by dropping 2 divs and heavily increasing your win rate than going for these 50% win rate slug fests against other top guilds. And it's more appealing to top guilds because only they can drop so much GP and fall down 2 divisions while still being placed in a division with lucrative rewards (div 3 still giving out 3 mats). It doesn't make any sense for a 340+ guild to drop 2 divs (into div5 with 300+) when that division is only giving 1 mat (the same amount as losing).

In conclusion there are 2 possibilities:
    1) CG has (once again) no idea what they're doing with that **** reward structure, otherwise there would be an appropriate increase in mat rewards when losing aswell
    2) this is done on purpose to reward the highest guilds (380+ ones, so all the whale and kraken people basically) and their sandbagging capabilities
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Bytestream
    421 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I think the only solution is would be to permit that Guild drop to a League below. When they are not able to motivate their people to take part in the TW bad luck. It's all better than to face such an Guild without getting any chance to win
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    1st TW was awful outmatched by 40M GP and 140 GLs. Lost miserably

2nd TW closer to matched opponent had 10M more GP and 15 more GLs. We won.

3rd TW bad again. Outmatched by 25M GP 33GLs. Impending loss.
    Post edited by Joebo720 on
  • Are we going to get a refinement of the TW match making? Our guild has experienced 2.5x more GL and 50 million + the last 3 TW.

Our guild had a solid win rate prior to the new match making was implemented. Winning is nice but when your opponents have gotten full clears like the last 3 TW, it's demoralizing.

This is creating a problem in our guild regarding with participation. Also it's not becoming fun to play this game mode anymore.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    You had a solid win rate so I guess you made lots of previous guilds feel what you feel now.
    These are humbling times. Me included. We lost this one and it’s definitely in need of changing back to old MM.
  • 14zsd2lupfr0.png

We have yet to see a fair matchup. Either we're getting crushed by a guild far stronger than us with double the GLs we have, or we're the ones crushing the guild we're way stronger than. Not once have the two guilds been comparable and an unknown as to who will win.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, I got the whole guild to join so we have over 300M and a chance at r9. And what we got? A guild with double the number of our GLs. After this, it's gonna be so much fun getting every single member to join again, especially with all the amazing new officer tools we got based on that thread...
  • Three matches. We are in the top division just just barely above the 380m mark.

1st match was our 48 vs 50 and a 70million difference

2nd was about even

3rd was 50 vs 50 and a 55m difference

How can CG say over a million GP difference per player is fair?

How are we still running TWs without fixing this?

• Three matches. We are in the top division just just barely above the 380m mark.

2nd was about even

Well, I can top that: we had a 75.7m difference of effective GP in the recent match. And we're not even up in the highest division (380+), we're just at 365m with 49 ppl currently.
    The matchmaking is a joke.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Three matches. We are in the top division just just barely above the 380m mark.

2nd was about even

Well, I can top that: we had a 75.7m difference of effective GP in the recent match. And we're not even up in the highest division (380+), we're just at 365m with 49 ppl currently.

Unbelievable. Looks like your match was across divisions?

This makes zero sense. Fix this game.
  • CG needs to flatten the R9 rewards across divisions. Our guild is 300 mil GP and won our last 4 TWs earning a whopping 4 R9 Mats. That’s the same number as a 320 mil GP guild losing all 4 TWs. How is that fair? How is that motivating? I could leave and join a higher guild GP and put in 0 effort and get the same TW rewards. This has to change!
  • It's not a really hard fix, if CG wants to match based on GP then just average the GP per player instead of using the total GP of the people joined. Then match guilds based on average GP, guilds who enter with less than 50 should first look for a match @ the same level of joined players if none are found then they should look for a match with higher GP per player not less. I'm not sure why it is taking so long to fix this matchmaking issue since it is a simple fix, guilds who join with less players need to be placed against players of the same caliber instead of letting them beat up on lesser guilds.

I've previously made a post about this but guilds that used to swap players and guilds that sandbag are both violating the game's ToS on fair play. To quote:
    "Engage or assist in cheating or other anticompetitive behavior (such as boosting, collusion, and match or matchmaking manipulation)."

Guilds that deliberately enter into TWs with less people or guilds that swap players are in direct violation. CG needs to uphold the games ToS as well since these terms are not one-sided. I could even see someone bringing up a Class Action if CG doesn't fix this, people pay money for this service and CG is not adhering to its own ToS by preventing guilds from actively exploiting their system. There is obvious harm to players since CG is letting guilds sandbag and manipulate matchmaking thus reducing the rewards of the lower GP guild's players.

Link to ToS https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

2nd was about even

Yeah I really doubt that is true. That would be like cross multiple divisions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sha1218 wrote: »
    CG needs to flatten the R9 rewards across divisions. Our guild is 300 mil GP and won our last 4 TWs earning a whopping 4 R9 Mats. That’s the same number as a 320 mil GP guild losing all 4 TWs. How is that fair? How is that motivating? I could leave and join a higher guild GP and put in 0 effort and get the same TW rewards. This has to change!

They are unlikely to make a change like that. The goal is to push/reward development and winning. They want guilds/players growing in GP.
  • O8c8h80 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

2nd was about even

When CG announced the TW changes they said outright that you could be matched across divisions. Mods here have defended that as being across several divisions, not just one. So it is in fact working as intended. It's just a terrible system.
  • Worst game mode there is and they decided to force it on you if you want to progress.
  • Kyno wrote: »

They are unlikely to make a change like that. The goal is to push/reward development and winning. They want guilds/players growing in GP.

And how is a guild supposed to win when the opposition has twice as many galactic legends, and they took away the non galactic legend counters?
    CG needs to flatten the R9 rewards across divisions. Our guild is 300 mil GP and won our last 4 TWs earning a whopping 4 R9 Mats. That’s the same number as a 320 mil GP guild losing all 4 TWs. How is that fair? How is that motivating? I could leave and join a higher guild GP and put in 0 effort and get the same TW rewards. This has to change!

We all want to grow and progress, but this system isn’t helping with that. The opposite is happening with guilds breaking up or having to replace all the players leaving the game. I’ve had 8 guild mates quit the game this past week. All of them with well developed rosters. At some point, it’s time to see what’s really happening out here.

1 R9 Mat is NOT a fair 1st place TW reward for the 300 mil GP guilds. If we lose, we get 0. That’s not right.
  • Sha1218 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

We all want to grow and progress, but this system isn’t helping with that. The opposite is happening with guilds breaking up or having to replace all the players leaving the game. I’ve had 8 guild mates quit the game this past week. All of them with well developed rosters. At some point, it’s time to see what’s really happening out here.

1 R9 Mat is NOT a fair 1st place TW reward for the 300 mil GP guilds. If we lose, we get 0. That’s not right.

It should have been a 2 for first 1 for second. Just like zeta mats the loser gets some reward.

2nd was about even

My guild (Weltraum Piraten - 44/49 sign ups) went up against TI Bravo and I checked the defense zones to see who signed up - they went in with all 50.
    So yes, this was a div1 (405m effective GP) vs div3 (330m effective GP) match.
    The matchmaking is THAT ridiculous.

Normally I like the comments you make. However, saying they want guilds/players growing in GP is a really bad statement to make.

Literally everyone who plays this game was already striving to increase their GP, it is honestly the entire point of the game.

Telling the community that CG is unlikely to make any kind of quick fixes to the MM of TW is also a huge huge let down to the community.

We are still being forced to play a horrible conquest mode with no word from CG about what they plan to do to make it better, and now on top of that they've screwed up TW even more than it already was.

CG has a fantastic business plan atm, if their business plan is to see how fast they can make paying players quit playing and spending.

Quite honestly, the silence from CG on all these important matters is just a kick in the balls to the entire community. How many times do they think we will stand there and take being kicked in the balls before we realize that the pain is no longer worth it when there is literally ZERO gain.

BTW, where is our gear changes? A new character added that wasn't discussed, relic 9 of course has already arrived. So when exactly is the part that everyone in the game wants going to arrive out of everything they said was coming?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

And how is a guild supposed to win when the opposition has twice as many galactic legends, and they took away the non galactic legend counters?

The question is what kind of guilds are supposed to win. Before the change, whale guilds had to make the tough decision who gets to sit out so they get an auti-win against a weak opponent. Now, there is no such need and they get weak opponents anyway. Isn't it awesome?
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

2nd was about even

My guild (Weltraum Piraten - 44/49 sign ups) went up against TI Bravo and I checked the defense zones to see who signed up - they went in with all 50.
    So yes, this was a div1 (405m effective GP) vs div3 (330m effective GP) match.
    The matchmaking is THAT ridiculous.

The defensive zones would be based on your guild. You dont know how many of them signed up without asking.

The defensive zones would be based on your guild. You dont know how many of them signed up without asking.

If he reviewed the opponent’s defense deploys and came up with 50 unique names, he could determine that all 50 members signed up.

It would be more difficult if a player saved all his players for offense but most guilds won’t allow that with the number of defense squads required.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asifab wrote: »

Normally I like the comments you make. However, saying they want guilds/players growing in GP is a really bad statement to make.

Literally everyone who plays this game was already striving to increase their GP, it is honestly the entire point of the game.

Telling the community that CG is unlikely to make any kind of quick fixes to the MM of TW is also a huge huge let down to the community.

We are still being forced to play a horrible conquest mode with no word from CG about what they plan to do to make it better, and now on top of that they've screwed up TW even more than it already was.

CG has a fantastic business plan atm, if their business plan is to see how fast they can make paying players quit playing and spending.

Quite honestly, the silence from CG on all these important matters is just a kick in the balls to the entire community. How many times do they think we will stand there and take being kicked in the balls before we realize that the pain is no longer worth it when there is literally ZERO gain.

BTW, where is our gear changes? A new character added that wasn't discussed, relic 9 of course has already arrived. So when exactly is the part that everyone in the game wants going to arrive out of everything they said was coming?

The response I was addressing, is in a way rewarding players more without having the guild develop more, which is why I said that.

My response about them not making quick changes, in the context to the person I said that too, was to point out that this is not a broken thing that has a fix that can happen in one update. They are making changes to the system parameters each time to dial it in, but this will not happen in one move. It takes time and iterations.

At no point have I said they are not or will not make changes to MM. The post you quoted, I am replying to someone about the rewards structure.

You can read the post for yourself, the gear changes are outline, along with the plan of talking more about that in the RA and how it will happen over several months.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    They are making changes to the system parameters each time to dial it in, but this will not happen in one move. It takes time and iterations.

Not for nothing but wouldn't a quick scan of closest number of GL's followed by a matching of closest GP solve the whole thing? Not landing people on the moon here. Don't think we need to pretend it's more difficult than that.
  • IronCross wrote: »

It should have been a 2 for first 1 for second. Just like zeta mats the loser gets some reward.

Agreed. Right now a 320 mil guild can put 0 effort in and lose and get the same number of R9 mats (i.e., 1) as a 300 mil GP guild for winning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    They are making changes to the system parameters each time to dial it in, but this will not happen in one move. It takes time and iterations.

Not for nothing but wouldn't a quick scan of closest number of GL's followed by a matching of closest GP solve the whole thing? Not landing people on the moon here. Don't think we need to pretend it's more difficult than that.

They have no intentions I am aware of in doing anything based on specific character counts.

Yes matchmaking is more difficult than that.

Lol. Keep things the way they are and they will be decreasing GP through players quitting and the decimation of solid guilds that aren't in the top few tiers of the reward structure.

The facts are it's a terrible way to have released r9 mats. The reward structure is garbage. The matchmaking is garbage.