Potency Down Sector 2 Feat

SparkyBurns
519 posts Member
edited October 2021
I realized I haven't actually gotten any credit towards this feat, which says to "attempt to inflict potency down 40 times." In other words this isn't a case of positively having applied it, just that it needs to be attempted. So I was surprised I had zero points towards the fear because I was certain I had used GMY at some point. Oh well, I decided to start grinding that one out and jumped into a fight with JML lead and GMY on the squad. Yoda's basic says "deal special damage and apply potency down for 1 turn..." so this is simply do the basic, apply potency down, right? Well maybe

A full fight later and between attacks and assists I had 4 basics done by GMY... and zero points towards the feat. I ran the fight again to see what was up and once again, four basics, zero points. The only thing I can come up with is that I had too much offense boosting going on and I believe every attack was a killing blow, so that's why I wasn't getting the credit for the potency down. I then took off some discs and tried it again, this time getting credit when I didn't kill an enemy.

I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but it certainly isn't intuitive for the game mode. I just wanted to get that out there in case someone didn't realize this when attempting the feat. It appears at the very least for this feat that killing an enemy does not fulfill all steps on attacks
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    He applies after damage, so if you kill the character with the attack it doesn't count.
  • If Yoda kills with his basic the Potency Down doesn’t get checked.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • It absolutely is because he’s killing the enemy.

I agree it’s not intuitive and that it makes the feat trickier to achieve.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    As it has already been said, killing blows with GMY’s basic don’t count towards the feat.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • @crzydroid not cool to be changing what people say functionally. A moderator's job is to moderate language and sometimes negative or antagonistic things, not to functionally change how something was said.

Did I put a ton of effort into a forum post? Absolutely not but now these words are associated with me and they are not my words. It's virtually meaningless here, but if you're making this kind of pointless change what other changes are you making?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid not cool to be changing what people say functionally. A moderator's job is to moderate language and sometimes negative or antagonistic things, not to functionally change how something was said.

Did I put a ton of effort into a forum post? Absolutely not but now these words are associated with me and they are not my words. It's virtually meaningless here, but if you're making this kind of pointless change what other changes are you making?

I checked the logs and there are no changes to the words you used.

That marker will show up when we move posts to the correct sub Forum.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    crzydroid not cool to be changing what people say functionally. A moderator's job is to moderate language and sometimes negative or antagonistic things, not to functionally change how something was said.

I checked the logs and there are no changes to the words you used.

That marker will show up when we move posts to the correct sub Forum.

Can confirm, I did not change your post in any way.