Road Ahead

Replies

• LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    All I can say is there had better be some major changes to correct all their recent mistakes because I've been on autopilot for the last couple of months and unless there are significant changes this really is it for me and I'm sure many others too. This 'game' is painful and if it continues on this path it'll only get worse.

Agreed.

Outside of the gear economy changes, there needs to be lots of movement on making the TW matchmaking more fair, making conquest far less of a grind and time sink, the QoL improvements we were promised last year in the “early part of 2021”, etc etc.

I mean there are so many bugs and fixes that are easy layups for them, I can’t understand why they don’t do it. One of which is the devour bug for CPit where you have to send in a sacrifice in P2 and P3 to actually reset the ability so it starts on cool down as it’s supposed to do. It fixes an inconvenience for us and is easy points. I’m curious how the first RA will be without Marky Mark as the senior producer
  • I find it ironic that most (myself included) seem to be eagerly awaiting the RA when the last RA was, for many, the start of a bad trajectory for this game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Guessing it should drop sometime this week and my guess is that we get the following info

I'd expect we get our new conquest toon reveal (dad bod Boba)

Challenge rancor tier 2

Hints to next era of GLs

Seems like a safe bet with the show around the corner, but still seems a little early, I mean he had his reveal in Mando, but they might wait for his first season to run before he makes it in.

We already heard that they are not likely to be doing anything with raids.

Next era of stuff, maybe, and if so, maybe GLs. But I see them having a short break with all the talk about gear economy upgrades. Not to mention they are likely to let r9 marinade before we see any reqs for that.
  • Guessing it should drop sometime this week and my guess is that we get the following info

Challenge rancor tier 2

Hints to next era of GLs

Spoilers: The GL hint is to save your R9 mats 😉
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Guessing it should drop sometime this week and my guess is that we get the following info

Seems like a safe bet with the show around the corner, but still seems a little early, I mean he had his reveal in Mando, but they might wait for his first season to run before he makes it in.

Perhaps they’re planning to reveal a Conquest character Boba to be the buddy for a (wait for it..) GL Boba Fett.

But we will see when they finally release the RA (which is hopefully better than the last one).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Maybe we have enough galactic legends and they introduce the first galactic villain.
  • hope they make it easier to get a toon to g12/13.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »
    Maybe we have enough galactic legends and they introduce the first galactic villain.

If they didn't open that door with Lord Vader, I think it's safe to say they are not going to make that change.
  • I think that they can start paving the way for the next GLs by releasing marquees that are related to the next GLs, but no requirements will be revealed until roughly Feb/Mar 2022.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Aren’t the DS GLs galactic villains?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I think that they can start paving the way for the next GLs by releasing marquees that are related to the next GLs, but no requirements will be revealed until roughly Feb/Mar 2022.

They already started paving the way for the next GLs... It's called Relic 9 😎
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    emoore123 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I think that they can start paving the way for the next GLs by releasing marquees that are related to the next GLs, but no requirements will be revealed until roughly Feb/Mar 2022.

1vpcq8jynm74.jpg
  • GL Boba riding a Rancor would be pretty epic. Watch that Rancor turn LV into jerky.

Anything less now will be a disappointment. Hopefully the gear improvements make up for it, but I won't be holding my breath.
  • Let's not have another gl announced and instead reintroduce fun to this game we have been gl grinding too long its time to have fun again..
  • Kyno wrote: »

Challenge rancor tier 2

Hints to next era of GLs

Next era of stuff, maybe, and if so, maybe GLs. But I see them having a short break with all the talk about gear economy upgrades. Not to mention they are likely to let r9 marinade before we see any reqs for that.

They also said, they weren't doing anything with TW a couple months before they changed it pretty substantially.

Always deception there is in Star Wars...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Challenge rancor tier 2

Hints to next era of GLs

They also said, they weren't doing anything with TW a couple months before they changed it pretty substantially.

Always deception there is in Star Wars...

I dont recall that, can you share a link?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    All I can say is there had better be some major changes to correct all their recent mistakes because I've been on autopilot for the last couple of months and unless there are significant changes this really is it for me and I'm sure many others too. This 'game' is painful and if it continues on this path it'll only get worse.

Agreed.

Outside of the gear economy changes, there needs to be lots of movement on making the TW matchmaking more fair, making conquest far less of a grind and time sink, the QoL improvements we were promised last year in the “early part of 2021”, etc etc.

I mean there are so many bugs and fixes that are easy layups for them, I can’t understand why they don’t do it. One of which is the devour bug for CPit where you have to send in a sacrifice in P2 and P3 to actually reset the ability so it starts on cool down as it’s supposed to do. It fixes an inconvenience for us and is easy points. I’m curious how the first RA will be without Marky Mark as the senior producer

Silent Mark quit in July. So we've had RAs since then without him. They've not been good.
    emoore123 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

1vpcq8jynm74.jpg

Yep. I don't like it, but I get it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Conquest battle pass has been datamined. Get ready for the usual dose of Friday bad news.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mi114 wrote: »
    I guess the october Road ahead is coming in october 2121.

Why, is this October shorter than normal?
    And the next 99 Octobers too.

99 LuftOctobers
    99 months of October on the wall
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Conquest battle pass has been datamined. Get ready for the usual dose of Friday bad news.

If they put out a battle pass and keep conquest as is, then that’ll be it for me. I will quit the game. Monetizing conquest even more than they already have without massive changes to make it less of a grind will just be too much.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Of course they want (and need) to make money with the game. But I believe people tend to spend more money when they are happy customers that can enjoy the content they pay for. I for example spent for some packs in the past to value the time I already played the game, but since august, I am strictly f2p because I dislike the road, CG has taken. Right now what they are doing feels like this:
    disney-milking-star-wars-crazydiscostu-lol-jpg.1007543
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

If they put out a battle pass and keep conquest as is, then that’ll be it for me. I will quit the game. Monetizing conquest even more than they already have without massive changes to make it less of a grind will just be too much.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't think it will be left as it is now. The first iteration was a bit too easy and then they obviously overcorrected, so I expect it to ease up a bit. That said, the battle pass sucks either way, unless it is something like the daily crystal pass except tied to Conquest. And they are known to be very careful when making changes that would benefit us, so it will probably ease up only a very tiny bit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It will be different.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't think it will be left as it is now. The first iteration was a bit too easy and then they obviously overcorrected, so I expect it to ease up a bit. That said, the battle pass sucks either way, unless it is something like the daily crystal pass except tied to Conquest. And they are known to be very careful when making changes that would benefit us, so it will probably ease up only a very tiny bit.

There are some interesting discussions around the sub, and why it went away. It would be interesting to see if that idea resurfaces.

• Step 1 - Increase the Conquest grind to the point players are frustrated and hate it
    Step 2 - Offer a paid way to relieve the frustration (Conquest Battle Pass)
    Result - A player earns comparable rewards but NOW has to pay for them

If it happens this way then the model is clearly to create frustration and offer paid solutions to circumvent the frustration. There is obviously a much better method for this type of thing but the fact this is the chosen route should tell you everything you need to know.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    bap1234 wrote: »
    hope they make it easier to get a toon to g12/13.

Oh you sweet summer child.

They'll make it easier to get to gear level VII and you'll like it. (eventually adding stun cuffs/guns/eyeballs to daily challenges.... maybe... in 2022...while making more kyros per character required at the upper gear levels...)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StewartH wrote: »
    Step 1 - Increase the Conquest grind to the point players are frustrated and hate it

If it happens this way then the model is clearly to create frustration and offer paid solutions to circumvent the frustration. There is obviously a much better method for this type of thing but the fact this is the chosen route should tell you everything you need to know.

From my understanding the BP offeres no changes to or additional feats.

I have never seen a BP that wasnt additional rewards to a system, not the only way to get them.
    StewartH wrote: »
    Step 1 - Increase the Conquest grind to the point players are frustrated and hate it

From my understanding the BP offeres no changes to or additional feats.

I have never seen a BP that wasnt additional rewards to a system, not the only way to get them.

But a battle pass is basically a bunch of feats collected and organized into tiers for rewards, right?