Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Week 21 - Mini Update
    • Unlocked Malevolence 2 days ago, and was able to take it up to level 74 using the 4m ship credits that I had banked, plus max the abilities up to there (so level 2 or 3).
    • Am trying to push hard to get it to 6* now, currently at 36/85 but with only 1 more day of refreshes to go plus about 200 additional energy today...max 25 shards likely in that time, and after TB I should get another 15 shards, putting me 10 shards short of 6* I believe.
    • Grievous currently at g8, but working to get him to g11 ASAP
    • Immediate difference in the fleet performance, though my HB at 5* is still a bit weak
    • Also I still have not cleared the final tier of zeta mat challenge, so I am severely lacking in ship omega mats. I should have focused on just bringing up a ship like ITF to 6* instead of waiting until Vader / JKA's ships were there. I will complete it tonight after my reset, but required 250+ omega mats for my current fleet....
    • Vader is also at g10, and working towards being my first relic
    • Beat 2 HDB players in GAC last bracket to reach the final, then was matched against a Fleet Shard mate, and they played an extremely well match with a sneaky defense putting their Geos on the back wall. I needed a full clear to win AND to make Kyber, and could not reach that mark, unfortunately (the round I forgot to attack earlier in the season cost me Kyber).

594k2jra1u64.png
    Post edited by Intimmydation on
  • Could you help me, what would I need to beat this player's fleet? I have malevolence 5 * GG g9, geos g12, HT 50k vulture full 7* and hiena full 6*

https://swgoh.gg/p/242499717/

I managed to take the top 1 against this player, only with GG at g9 and omegas with 1 zeta, my ship is 5 * with 35k. The first time I beat him with 3 seconds to go, then i won again with 1 minute to spare, my set up is bossk, vulture, hyena, although his kenobi is relic 7 with all his reinforcements I managed to beat him. Malevolence es great for f2p!
  • Could you help me, what would I need to beat this player's fleet? I have malevolence 5 * GG g9, geos g12, HT 50k vulture full 7* and hiena full 6*

https://swgoh.gg/p/242499717/

I managed to take the top 1 against this player, only with GG at g9 and omegas with 1 zeta, my ship is 5 * with 35k. The first time I beat him with 3 seconds to go, then i won again with 1 minute to spare, my set up is bossk, vulture, hyena, although his kenobi is relic 7 with all his reinforcements I managed to beat him. Malevolence es great for f2p!

Malevolence is a great attack ship! Be sure to time your final attacks right at refresh as it is easy to snipe #1 from you with Mal as your capital ship.

Grum the third swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/144884575/
    || Grum the Mighty swgoh.gg || OldBaldGuyGaming Youtube
  • Really looking forward to unlocking Male, will be 10 or 15 shards short tonight when the event closes.
    What starting lineup do you recommend with the following options:
    5* HB, 31k HT, 6* VD and G12 SF?
    Given the Separatist synergy with Male, I suppose it'd be the best to start HB, SF & VD, with Spy and Soldier as RI (?)
  • culealex wrote: »
    Really looking forward to unlocking Male, will be 10 or 15 shards short tonight when the event closes.
    What starting lineup do you recommend with the following options:
    5* HB, 31k HT, 6* VD and G12 SF?
    Given the Separatist synergy with Male, I suppose it'd be the best to start HB, SF & VD, with Spy and Soldier as RI (?)

I'm still experimenting myself, and so far I think it really just depends on the opposing fleet.

Ultimately, the best starting lineup is HB, VD & SF, but you really need to have those 2 pilotless ships at 7* and maxed abilities, as that is how their stats scale.

Right now I'm running 5* Malev (g9 GG) with HB (5*), Spy & SF, then RI with VD & Soldier. I do this b/c against the HT fleets I want to have Spy starting to try to burst down a ship at the start. Plus depending on the fleet, VD is still fairly weak and I don't want it dying early, until I have the unique omega added.
  • Right now I'm running 5* Malev (g9 GG) with HB (5*), Spy & SF, then RI with VD & Soldier. I do this b/c against the HT fleets I want to have Spy starting to try to burst down a ship at the start. Plus depending on the fleet, VD is still fairly weak and I don't want it dying early, until I have the unique omega added.

Also got 5* Mal and I also settled on that as the starting lineup. I think it's about as good as I can do. I was trying triple tanks with HT, but usually HB gets focused down fast. Spy will draw an attack or two before stealthing and it helps keep HB alive a little longer.

• brigg
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Also, I had a really great season for GAC and placed Kyber 3rd using teams from this guide. Really really amped about that. Thanks Intimmydation, and all the other contributorse11a90j3tcca.png

If you're interested, this was my typical team strat. Geos fleet on offense, trash fleet on D. Bastila and BHs both got a lot of holds. Offense never dropped a match:qwkrcml2ima8.png
  • @brigg That's very impressive!
    It's scaring how we use the exact same six team lineup in GAC, and add to that my teams are almost equally strong as yours. Glad to see there are a bunch of people following this guide doing well in GAC.
    @brigg That's very impressive!
    It's scaring how we use the exact same six team lineup in GAC, and add to that my teams are almost equally strong as yours. Glad to see there are a bunch of people following this guide doing well in GAC.

Yeah, I haven't checked this thread in awhile but I definitely got some ideas from your posts earlier, so thanks for that.

My lineup for the 3s season is going to be similar, but I did activate Padme with two zetas, and I'm going to do a Nute led team as well. It's a lot of potential teams to use, so I hope I didn't spread too thin. I think I'll do well on defense, but geos and troopers are probably not going to be as good in a 3s setting. We'll see.

BTW, have you gotten your CLS yet? I think there will be a feat this season for him, so that would be good timing. I'm having a little bit of buyers remorse on Padme. I'm sure it will be great, but I just keep hearing such good things about CLS.

I'm also worried because I did a massive amount of testing 5s matches in arena and even GW, but there's not really a way for me to test 3s, so I won't know what the teams can do quite as well. Discord is Brigg#0068 if you ever want to compare notes.

• @brigg I will unlock CLS before GAC lockin tomorrow, and he will go with Han & 5* Chewie - and I have mats for the four essential Zetas of the trio, but the gear targets of G13 will have to wait a little bit so I regard this 3v3 season as a sneak peek of the CLS trio potential.

For 3v3 team comps, since you have Geos and Imp Troopers already, I would (/will) go with GBA+Soldier+Poggle and Nute+SF+Spy.
    With IT, I plan to split up like this: Veers+Range+Piett and Gideon+Dark+Starck.
    Then Padme plus one more team, and you'll have your primary six.

Re Padme, I wouldn't have any buying remorse at all for that. It's a team good enough to get decent placing in Squad Arena. If you put focus on any of the following five teams as a F2P, you're well off no matter which: CLS, IT, DR, Padme or JKR. How far is your GK farmed right now? (mine is at 194/330).

For the testing, you'll be fine. As a top 3 previous season, your competitors aka. me should worry about you, not vice versa o:)
  • @brigg that is amazing, my friend, congratulations! So glad to see it's working out.

Unfortunately I didn't even make Kyber, in large part because I forgot to attack 1 round which cost me. Now that my Vader is leveled a bit higher (and EP as well), I will be able to use them better on offense and put my PS on defense. I'm lacking Bossk since I never farmed him, but will probably start after some of my hard nodes free up.
  • And Padme vs CLS, well Padme is easier to get the full team up and running and will do very well in Arena early game, but CLS once fully built (i.e. with C3PO) is much stronger for Arena, but requires way more invested resources to fully build (Padme you only need the Geos which you already have).
    @brigg I will unlock CLS before GAC lockin tomorrow, and he will go with Han & 5* Chewie - and I have mats for the four essential Zetas of the trio, but the gear targets of G13 will have to wait a little bit so I regard this 3v3 season as a sneak peek of the CLS trio potential.

For 3v3 team comps, since you have Geos and Imp Troopers already, I would (/will) go with GBA+Soldier+Poggle and Nute+SF+Spy.
    With IT, I plan to split up like this: Veers+Range+Piett and Gideon+Dark+Starck.
    Then Padme plus one more team, and you'll have your primary six.

Re Padme, I wouldn't have any buying remorse at all for that. It's a team good enough to get decent placing in Squad Arena. If you put focus on any of the following five teams as a F2P, you're well off no matter which: CLS, IT, DR, Padme or JKR. How far is your GK farmed right now? (mine is at 194/330).

For the testing, you'll be fine. As a top 3 previous season, your competitors aka. me should worry about you, not vice versa o:)

I agree here, apart from one thing: Nute, Soldier, Poggle and GBA, SF, Spy has gotten me more holds in 3v3 so I’d split the Geos like that
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • So here are what I plan to use for the upcoming GAC 3v3 season. A pretty solid 10 squads to deploy though I believe only 6 total are needed (surprised in Div 11 they didn't increase the # needed in 3s vs 5s). TBH, should be full clears every round unless I face some crazy focused roster.

image0.png
    image1.png
    image2.png
    image3.png
    image4.png
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 OK, that's interesting. I see the need of a tank in the Nute team since the other Geos are squishy, but the decision could also depend on which Sep/Geo formation you use on off and def.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @Intimmydation Looking good! Hope you can go 12/12 with this lineup, as it does look solid indeed and should be able to give a lot of full clears.

I plan to go with the following seven teams:
    272fmwohjdhk.jpg
    cchjdlmj5p3s.jpg
    lxetncfmi6jb.jpg
    kk3rq7j2jaj6.jpg

And... congratulations to myself for unlocking CLS this morning. I planned to do it with very small investment in the squad (all G8.) At the end, I had to gear up STHan to G9 and invest a little in abilities on Leia and Luke, but I think putting my arena mods/golden mods on the quartet for T6 helped me save some gear and ability mats at least.

It took probably 20 attempts and the RNG fest had its climax with two triple taps from Leia finishing off a 1v2 in the last phase of Tier 6. Due to the extra investment, I took the decision not to invest in CLS, Han and Chewie for this GAC lockin. Because, it would not have made a better team than the ones posted here above. Next week though, I shall have the trio ready to achieve great deeds.
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1 OK, that's interesting. I see the need of a tank in the Nute team since the other Geos are squishy, but the decision could also depend on which Sep/Geo formation you use on off and def.

I feel that Spy has more potential actually with Soldier and GBA. My sudden change of mind was due to the fact that all the Hive Mind assists repeat the TD from Soldier’s basic, charging up Spy’s potential.
    @Intimmydation Looking good! Hope you can go 12/12 with this lineup, as it does look solid indeed and should be able to give a lot of full clears.

I plan to go with the following seven teams:
    272fmwohjdhk.jpg
    cchjdlmj5p3s.jpg
    lxetncfmi6jb.jpg
    kk3rq7j2jaj6.jpg

And... congratulations to myself for unlocking CLS this morning. I planned to do it with very small investment in the squad (all G8.) At the end, I had to gear up STHan to G9 and invest a little in abilities on Leia and Luke, but I think putting my arena mods/golden mods on the quartet for T6 helped me save some gear and ability mats at least.

It took probably 20 attempts and the RNG fest had its climax with two triple taps from Leia finishing off a 1v2 in the last phase of Tier 6. Due to the extra investment, I took the decision not to invest in CLS, Han and Chewie for this GAC lockin. Because, it would not have made a better team than the ones posted here above. Next week though, I shall have the trio ready to achieve great deeds.

Well done on CLS!! I have him unlocked, but don’t have his team yet. When I’m done investing in GAS event, I’ll probs gear the CLS team to g12 if I can without any Kyros (so I can hoard for GAS gear).

I should also invest a bit more in the 14 GAC teams I need. Going for GAS was a hard call, but decided on it cos I had the clones ready, and GAS’ new Sith Raid and GL counter viability would really help.

You guys are lucky you have a reasonable roster:GP ratio. It’s hard when you’re GP bloating with a g11 Mace when you could’ve left him at g1 but you’re too impatient to wait to unlock and 7* Nego.
  • You guys are lucky you have a reasonable roster:GP ratio. It’s hard when you’re GP bloating with a g11 Mace when you could’ve left him at g1 but you’re too impatient to wait to unlock and 7* Nego.
    That's why you start an Alt account B)
    My main sits at 4M GP but I find the Alt account much funnier to play.

• @culealex @TheChild_eats_eggs1

Heh, luckily for me both of my accounts are fun to play as I got some good advice early when I started out. These days it's incredibly difficult if you have a 4M+ GP account but not GLs, since guilds wanting to beat CPIT and perform well in TW, so prefer having lower GP accounts but more focused rosters / GLs. I've seen a lot of people in the 4-5M GP range trying to find guilds, and they just aren't good fits (for my guild at least) because they don't have the right roster composition to do good damage in CPIT.

Then again, CPIT isn't the only thing all guilds want, there are plenty of casual guilds just having fun and would be stoked for those types of accounts!
  • Also, I'll post the weekly update tomorrow, but in the meantime wanted to repost something from another thread when someone asked if there was anything I would do differently from my guide / plan now that I'm level 85 and continuing the journey.

Overall there is no major change I would make as far as the characters I chose to farm and what order. A couple small tweaks may include / exclude:
    • Hounds Tooth & Bossk - I chose not to farm these 2 nodes once unlocked since I already had a lot of hard node farms at the time, and gear crunch is tough by then and energy needed to farm gear. I chose to go for Hyena Bomber and also IT Bomber as my 2 fleet tanks, and thankfully it worked out well because of the Malevolence galactic chase where I was able to unlock it. This means I already had the ideal Malev fleet (don't need HT), and in the interim period I could beat HT fleets with Geo trio under Executrix. I may go back to farm these once I finish some other ship farms, as it is still one of the best plug & play ships in the game.
    • Ackbar - After Kanan, Tarkin & Nute, I bought Ackbar shards to 330 (not activated) as the plan was to use Home One as my 2nd capital ship. Now with Malev it is not needed, so I have no need for AA right now (again I have not activated him), but could have used these Squad Arena tokens to buy more Prestige
    • Ahsoka, Boba Fett & Fives from Cantina Store - I bought these all the way to 7* but then always get a ton of shards through Bronziums. Since they are tier 2/3 teams for me now, I would have just brought them to 6* and let the remaining 100 shards come to me through Bronziums, and just bought more Chopper shards to convert to Shard Shop Currency. Fives I have not even activated yet, but he has all the shards needed for 7*
    • A 6th ship to 6* - I got all the ships required for the 6* Executrix and zeta mat challenge completed on time, but then for the final tier of the zeta mat challenge (where you get ship omega materials), I didn't have the 5th and 6th (especially 6th) ship ready for quite some time, so put me behind getting these materials. If doing it again, I'd probably keep buying ITF just because it's easy to get, even if you don't need to level it.

Overall my roster is super solid, and I'm now focused on taking my Vader to relics, and then working on Troopers to relics. Just treading water inside top 100 squad arena atm, but taking #1 in fleet every day quite easily with Malev (which should be 6* in not too much more time).
  • @culealex @TheChild_eats_eggs1

Heh, luckily for me both of my accounts are fun to play as I got some good advice early when I started out. These days it's incredibly difficult if you have a 4M+ GP account but not GLs, since guilds wanting to beat CPIT and perform well in TW, so prefer having lower GP accounts but more focused rosters / GLs. I've seen a lot of people in the 4-5M GP range trying to find guilds, and they just aren't good fits (for my guild at least) because they don't have the right roster composition to do good damage in CPIT.

Then again, CPIT isn't the only thing all guilds want, there are plenty of casual guilds just having fun and would be stoked for those types of accounts!

I must say if I hadn't had a messed up main account, I wouldn't have been able to give you the advice you got on your main account.
    culealex wrote: »
    You guys are lucky you have a reasonable roster:GP ratio. It’s hard when you’re GP bloating with a g11 Mace when you could’ve left him at g1 but you’re too impatient to wait to unlock and 7* Nego.
    That's why you start an Alt account B)
    My main sits at 4M GP but I find the Alt account much funnier to play.

I have started and stopped many alts, because there is just not enough time in my day, I have a 1 hour screen time limit set by parents :cry:, and it's super tedious. Honestly, if I could, I would.

... Using to separate sections of my post ...

@Intimmydation @culealex and anyone else, I am now making a beginner's farming guide for f2p and then one for p2p. Currently just started on the f2p one: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Farming_Guide/Baby_Yoda's_2021_Farming_Guide. If you look at the top-right of the page, and hover over 'Wiki', and click discussion. On there, if you want to give advice on what I have done (not much yet), just type into the page. The 1st one to do so will have to create the discussion page. If no one has typed on it yet, it will show as a redlink, but don't worry. Still click on it.
  • Great, and familiar looking lineups @culealex and @Intimmydation. ;)

I like the flexibility to swap around GBA and Nute comps. I was also leaning towards GBA/Spy/Soldier as my go to, but there's probably room to do a lot of tweaks. This week I went with GBA/Spy/SF to take out KRU on offense, and Nute/Jango/Soldier scored a dropped battle on D.

Padme also got a hold this week, so that makes me feel good about that investment.
  • OMG apparently a g10 4* JKA hits hard without Courage bonuses. And Ashoka g12 literally soloed some back wall for me.

Quick question, for 3v3, I usually put zzShaak L, zRex, zFives; zzPadmé L, JKA, zAhsoka; and GK L, zArc, Echo (to be zetad after the GAS event zetas are done). Should I switch GK and Padmé? Gives Ahsoka damage bonuses, and still a GR L. Also, for my CLS rebels, I think they might prove to be a better backwall defence than my trash I’m putting out there. They are only g5-9, so idk how would be best to split them. @Intimmydation since I recommended this to u on ur main, can you give me some great advice. Also, for the 2 that don’t make the cut, ROLO L, Ackbar L, or lvl up Wedge and use Wedge L? Or a totally different L. I’ll lvl 85 and g6/7 them all by the next GAC round, and will lvl up 3po’s rebel unique.
  • brigg wrote: »
    Great, and familiar looking lineups @culealex and @Intimmydation. ;)

I like the flexibility to swap around GBA and Nute comps. I was also leaning towards GBA/Spy/Soldier as my go to, but there's probably room to do a lot of tweaks. This week I went with GBA/Spy/SF to take out KRU on offense, and Nute/Jango/Soldier scored a dropped battle on D.

Padme also got a hold this week, so that makes me feel good about that investment.

Nice! What happened to Poggle? Also, great to hear about Padmé. With all those Kyros, she is a real pain to gear.
  • Also, I'll post the weekly update tomorrow, but in the meantime wanted to repost something from another thread when someone asked if there was anything I would do differently from my guide / plan now that I'm level 85 and continuing the journey.

Overall there is no major change I would make as far as the characters I chose to farm and what order. A couple small tweaks may include / exclude:
    • Hounds Tooth & Bossk - I chose not to farm these 2 nodes once unlocked since I already had a lot of hard node farms at the time, and gear crunch is tough by then and energy needed to farm gear. I chose to go for Hyena Bomber and also IT Bomber as my 2 fleet tanks, and thankfully it worked out well because of the Malevolence galactic chase where I was able to unlock it. This means I already had the ideal Malev fleet (don't need HT), and in the interim period I could beat HT fleets with Geo trio under Executrix. I may go back to farm these once I finish some other ship farms, as it is still one of the best plug & play ships in the game.
    • Ackbar - After Kanan, Tarkin & Nute, I bought Ackbar shards to 330 (not activated) as the plan was to use Home One as my 2nd capital ship. Now with Malev it is not needed, so I have no need for AA right now (again I have not activated him), but could have used these Squad Arena tokens to buy more Prestige
    • Ahsoka, Boba Fett & Fives from Cantina Store - I bought these all the way to 7* but then always get a ton of shards through Bronziums. Since they are tier 2/3 teams for me now, I would have just brought them to 6* and let the remaining 100 shards come to me through Bronziums, and just bought more Chopper shards to convert to Shard Shop Currency. Fives I have not even activated yet, but he has all the shards needed for 7*
    • A 6th ship to 6* - I got all the ships required for the 6* Executrix and zeta mat challenge completed on time, but then for the final tier of the zeta mat challenge (where you get ship omega materials), I didn't have the 5th and 6th (especially 6th) ship ready for quite some time, so put me behind getting these materials. If doing it again, I'd probably keep buying ITF just because it's easy to get, even if you don't need to level it.

Overall my roster is super solid, and I'm now focused on taking my Vader to relics, and then working on Troopers to relics. Just treading water inside top 100 squad arena atm, but taking #1 in fleet every day quite easily with Malev (which should be 6* in not too much more time).

Excited and waiting ;)

Nice! What happened to Poggle? Also, great to hear about Padmé. With all those Kyros, she is a real pain to gear.

Poggle ended up warming the bench. I figured he could be a good lead for a separatist cleanup crew if needed.

I have a decent Jango, and he's really dangerous with Nute also.
    brigg wrote: »

Poggle ended up warming the bench. I figured he could be a good lead for a separatist cleanup crew if needed.

I have a decent Jango, and he's really dangerous with Nute also.

Oh I’ve had to deal with Nute/Jango on enemy defence. It’s painful.
  • Week 22 Update - October 22

5460jx621kdh.png

Accomplishments & Focus Areas
    • Malevolence fully operational with GG at g11, getting #1 rank daily
    • Vader to g11 and nearing g12, will be my first relic and targeting r5 for now
    • For the 2 Empire related Assault Battles, I was able to complete Challenge Tier 1 and one and Mythic Tier on the other using my g8 Troopers...can't wait for these bad boys to reach relics
    • First round of GAC 3v3 I had a full clear with great banners, but my opponent didn't attack so not sure how well my defense will hold. Also surprised me that Div 11 still only needed 3 defensive teams in 3v3, was expecting at least 1 or 2 more...so I have lots of extra characters
    • Secondary Fleet for GAC is now actually good under Tarkin with ITB (5*) and normally starting Geo Soldier * ITF (to get more Executrix speed), then brining in Vader, JKA or Ahsoka. Likely I can change around the lineup, but Vader's RI ability is just so great under Executrix
    • Vulture Droid 7*

Current Farms
    • Fleet energy (3x refresh): JKA Eta2, Vader Tax1, Zaalbar, Jolee....rest for gear
    • Normal energy (3x): Hyena Bomber (x2), ITB and rest for gear (BSF & ST on hold at 6* for now)
    • Cantina energy (no refresh): Plo Koon...though may start with T3 or Arc Trooper, and add a refresh
    • Mod energy (3x): slicing materials, speed or potency mods - Need to put a better schedule in place
    • Cantina Store: Chopper for SSC
    • Guild Store: needed bottleneck gear and Echo
    • Squad Arena: PRESTIGE! At 122 and need 450 total to max my Malev's abilities for a 5* ship
    • GW Store: Plo's ship or maxed ships for SSC
    • Fleet Store: GG, Vader Tax1, Rex, zeta mats

Daily crystal outflow is 450 crystals, and my inflow is 600-650 per day. Based on this I think I will add at least 1 cantina refresh a day into the schedule. I am sitting at 3500 crystals and WILL NOT be targeting the CAT galactic chase tomorrow, and the next GC in November doesn't appeal to me much. Therefore, don't need to hoard too many Cs.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Also, Free to Play Padawan did an account review of my main account on his YouTube stream this Wednesday. I'm posting it below if you are interested (starts 1hr 16 mins in). My alt account (this one from the thread) I think will be reviewed on the next stream, so I'll def post it up. I'd advise to check out his channel and discord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SenumrYGgFI&t=2s