[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    And if not what events were they added to?

TW
  • Did some changes come into effect in this TW? Our guild went from setting 22 teams per territory to 37, we're going to have to set some real trash to get to that number.

We're in the 260-280m GP Tier, guild we're facing is about the same. Is this working as intended or something weird happening?
  • JamDev wrote: »
    Did some changes come into effect in this TW? Our guild went from setting 22 teams per territory to 37, we're going to have to set some real trash to get to that number.

We're in the 260-280m GP Tier, guild we're facing is about the same. Is this working as intended or something weird happening?

Did your guild jump tiers from last tw? Because those changes went into effect when R9 launched. Certain tiers set more defenses.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    They where added to the weekly shipments. ;)
  • when will the gear update go live??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BumbleB wrote: »
    when will the gear update go live??

This month.
  • So summary of last changes could be:

- tw matchmaking no one likes and number of teams no one likes is being monitored. Monitorized. Whatever that means we eat this and have to wait they change anything. Forget your family and life till now in tw attack days
    - some update of gear we receive to make game little easier it’s up to us to monitor when it’s implemented
    - CG is so quick for some things, and sooooo slow for another ones…
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    EldelSable wrote: »
    So summary of last changes could be:

- tw matchmaking no one likes and number of teams no one likes is being monitored. Monitorized. Whatever that means we eat this and have to wait they change anything. Forget your family and life till now in tw attack days
    - some update of gear we receive to make game little easier it’s up to us to monitor when it’s implemented
    - CG is so quick for some things, and sooooo slow for another ones…

Pretty sure there are people who do like the matchmaking changes. It seems that whale guilds no longer need to sandbag to get weaker opponents...
  • if they throw r9 in conquest and then eventually in shipments like r8 currently,that would be dope.
  • bap1234 wrote: »
    if they throw r9 in conquest and then eventually in shipments like r8 currently,that would be dope.

If they do it like they did with r8 and only throw in the piece that is easier to obtain, then it won't make much of a difference for most of us.

I am happy about the coming changes to purple gear. I think it will be good for the game as a whole. We need newer players to have a faster track to catch up or it will get lonely for long-timers. But unless there's something in Phase 2 to address relic scavenger pieces (carbonites and bronziums in particular) and/or the G12+ choke... sigh.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    bap1234 wrote: »
    if they throw r9 in conquest and then eventually in shipments like r8 currently,that would be dope.

If they do it like they did with r8 and only throw in the piece that is easier to obtain, then it won't make much of a difference for most of us.

I am happy about the coming changes to purple gear. I think it will be good for the game as a whole. We need newer players to have a faster track to catch up or it will get lonely for long-timers. But unless there's something in Phase 2 to address relic scavenger pieces (carbonites and bronziums in particular) and/or the G12+ choke... sigh.

I mean...there is always going to be a gear choke, it's how games like this exist.

If there's nothing that is crunched, how do you continue to generate revenue on a regular basis? If you alleviate those too much then it becomes too trivial and there's no incentive, no?

I'd rather see them stop including bronziums, carbonites etc in the higher tiers and add more top end crunch.
  • RTS wrote: »

I mean...there is always going to be a gear choke, it's how games like this exist.

If there's nothing that is crunched, how do you continue to generate revenue on a regular basis? If you alleviate those too much then it becomes too trivial and there's no incentive, no?

I'd rather see them stop including bronziums, carbonites etc in the higher tiers and add more top end crunch.

It sounds like you agree with me but also like you think I said something I did not.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

It sounds like you agree with me but also like you think I said something I did not.

Could be, it is Monday.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2021

i saw the cpit exlusive ones being available in weekly shipments in a reddit post , if they keep it permanent, that means i don't have to whøre myself to a cpit guild down the line, A HUGE WIN imo.
  • Can't wait for the gear crunch changes to come into effect, it really sucks for my measly 600k GP account to gear up some of my favorite characters (50 Mk5 Arakyd for JKR Gear 9). Hoping we get this update really soon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KeikoZB wrote: »
    Can't wait for the gear crunch changes to come into effect, it really sucks for my measly 600k GP account to gear up some of my favorite characters (50 Mk5 Arakyd for JKR Gear 9). Hoping we get this update really soon

While they are going to address the gear economy, it's good to manage expectations. This will be a process done in phases and no one should be expecting a drastic swing. Right now it is not a smooth process and there is next to no passive influx of those particular items. We will be moving into a phase where they will now have that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to be flush with stun guns in the coming months.

As with everything in this game, it's going to take time, they are just hoping to smooth out the growing pains. A week or even a month change in anything they are thinking is not going to be a huge effect on the economy. (Not expecting any delays from their plans, I'm just saying) I know that some want to see this for more personal reasons and i get that, i am just trying to manage expectations on what the actual outcomes will be.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Can't wait for the gear crunch changes to come into effect, it really sucks for my measly 600k GP account to gear up some of my favorite characters (50 Mk5 Arakyd for JKR Gear 9). Hoping we get this update really soon

While they are going to address the gear economy, it's good to manage expectations. This will be a process done in phases and no one should be expecting a drastic swing. Right now it is not a smooth process and there is next to no passive influx of those particular items. We will be moving into a phase where they will now have that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to be flush with stun guns in the coming months.

As with everything in this game, it's going to take time, they are just hoping to smooth out the growing pains. A week or even a month change in anything they are thinking is not going to be a huge effect on the economy. (Not expecting any delays from their plans, I'm just saying) I know that some want to see this for more personal reasons and i get that, i am just trying to manage expectations on what the actual outcomes will be.

All process are not smooth. I can’t remember anything flawless…

Well this isnt very reassuring honestly they have the capability to make big changes to the gear crunch this long drawn process isnt needed. The way the community feels honestly is we are all holding out breaths and if bu the next conquest thier havent been significant improvements to rectify everything done since August which none of it has been good for the players... then this game will loose even more people on mass. This is honestly the worst time I have seen in this game. Even the revan meta year of no contact didnt screw players this hard. Cg has proven it can punish its player base with impunity let's see if they can support us or if they are truly just running this game into the ground.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Well this isnt very reassuring honestly they have the capability to make big changes to the gear crunch this long drawn process isnt needed. The way the community feels honestly is we are all holding out breaths and if bu the next conquest thier havent been significant improvements to rectify everything done since August which none of it has been good for the players... then this game will loose even more people on mass. This is honestly the worst time I have seen in this game. Even the revan meta year of no contact didnt screw players this hard. Cg has proven it can punish its player base with impunity let's see if they can support us or if they are truly just running this game into the ground.

The community is going to feel how the community feels. Making large changes and then having to dial them back would be way worse than taking a pragmatic approach, that involves phases.

No its not simple, and no there is no single action that fixes this, without risk.
  • They made large changes this summer and didnt dial them back lmao
  • they dialed back all those nerfs? When?

The community is going to feel how the community feels. Making large changes and then having to dial them back would be way worse than taking a pragmatic approach, that involves phases.

No its not simple, and no there is no single action that fixes this, without risk.

Taking it in phases is fine, but taking months to implement even one phase is what's putting us all on edge. I'd rather they didn't say anything last month and just announced as soon as they were ready to launch changes. Just rip off the band-aid already.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

The "risk" being players advancing at reasonable pace and not spending out of frustration...
  • This is a long one :)

It's nice to see that they are addressing the rather "insane" gear crunch just a little bit. I just think it's a shame that they took relic 1-7 under the same rewards tab and set it to 170 mill gp! They could have split the relic 1-7 into two crates. For example, relic 1-4 is given already at 60 or 80 gp and then change the crate to 1-7 once the guilds reach higher gp (maybe even lower than 170...) 170 is actually not easy to reach for mid-tier guilds (relic 7 is the new mid-tier in my opinion).

Overall, it's good that they add more stuff to the game - but it's just too focused on the end game players/guilds.

Another really cool thing would be to give all players the option to actually get relic 8 mats (now that it's required for two GLs!). This way everybody in the game (no matter if you're a new f2p, veteran or mega whale) can go for any character in the game right away. If you are starting the game, and you go for let's say GL Kenobi you'll get stuck once you need the relic 8s (this might not be clear for newer players, that just click Kenobi in the journey guide and follow it). Just make all the mats required for relic 8 farmable from scrapping gear - just like relic 7 is. (This would make it possible to get - but not the best way to get relic 8). But who knows - maybe the later phases will introduce relic 8 for all and not just the high-end guilds.

Also, the relic 9... (where to start?) :disappointed: This will just make the Arena even more imbalanced. As it is now you can catch up in the arena as a F2P once you get the first GL - but now with relic 9 that catch up will be delayed by who knows how long - if even possible (2-3 years maybe?). This wouldn't be so bad if they changed the way arena works in the game (shake up the bag once in a while and place people in new shards of same gp every 6 months or so). And who knows maybe the pay-out should just be the highest rank reached that day and not having to be at the rank on a specific time! I think it's okay they add relic 9 for the really end game only as long as it is not required for a GL and they address the issues it will create - arena for example. You can compare it to fleet with the new GL-ship. Before the end game ships where for all players... (it just took longer for lower lvls) - now its hidden behind the relic 8 wall.

It mostly feels like they won't give f2p the option to compete at higher levels. I understand that people who spend should have a benefit over f2p (that's only fair). But they have that already - they got to be at the top of the fleet / arena for a very long time before f2p could get there. Now it's so that f2p just won't have the chance to get there at all. The time it will take for a f2p has increased so much that new content that's far superior will be out before you even get close. Just imagine when they add relic 10 in the future with relic 9 as a requirement for next GLs xD
  • Picollo wrote: »
    This is a long one :)

It's nice to see that they are addressing the rather "insane" gear crunch just a little bit. I just think it's a shame that they took relic 1-7 under the same rewards tab and set it to 170 mill gp! They could have split the relic 1-7 into two crates. For example, relic 1-4 is given already at 60 or 80 gp and then change the crate to 1-7 once the guilds reach higher gp (maybe even lower than 170...) 170 is actually not easy to reach for mid-tier guilds (relic 7 is the new mid-tier in my opinion).

Overall, it's good that they add more stuff to the game - but it's just too focused on the end game players/guilds.

Another really cool thing would be to give all players the option to actually get relic 8 mats (now that it's required for two GLs!). This way everybody in the game (no matter if you're a new f2p, veteran or mega whale) can go for any character in the game right away. If you are starting the game, and you go for let's say GL Kenobi you'll get stuck once you need the relic 8s (this might not be clear for newer players, that just click Kenobi in the journey guide and follow it). Just make all the mats required for relic 8 farmable from scrapping gear - just like relic 7 is. (This would make it possible to get - but not the best way to get relic 8). But who knows - maybe the later phases will introduce relic 8 for all and not just the high-end guilds.

Also, the relic 9... (where to start?) :disappointed: This will just make the Arena even more imbalanced. As it is now you can catch up in the arena as a F2P once you get the first GL - but now with relic 9 that catch up will be delayed by who knows how long - if even possible (2-3 years maybe?). This wouldn't be so bad if they changed the way arena works in the game (shake up the bag once in a while and place people in new shards of same gp every 6 months or so). And who knows maybe the pay-out should just be the highest rank reached that day and not having to be at the rank on a specific time! I think it's okay they add relic 9 for the really end game only as long as it is not required for a GL and they address the issues it will create - arena for example. You can compare it to fleet with the new GL-ship. Before the end game ships where for all players... (it just took longer for lower lvls) - now its hidden behind the relic 8 wall.

It mostly feels like they won't give f2p the option to compete at higher levels. I understand that people who spend should have a benefit over f2p (that's only fair). But they have that already - they got to be at the top of the fleet / arena for a very long time before f2p could get there. Now it's so that f2p just won't have the chance to get there at all. The time it will take for a f2p has increased so much that new content that's far superior will be out before you even get close. Just imagine when they add relic 10 in the future with relic 9 as a requirement for next GLs xD

if they add r9 req for next gl, while droid brains mats are still only in tw and 150 usd packs, that would be hilarious
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    emoore123 wrote: »

Taking it in phases is fine, but taking months to implement even one phase is what's putting us all on edge. I'd rather they didn't say anything last month and just announced as soon as they were ready to launch changes. Just rip off the band-aid already.

They wanted to make everyone aware things were coming. Personally I think that was a good move, it would have been a worse month if they had not said that. There is also no real need to be on edge about something they say is coming, just because it hasn't happened within the window they said it would.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

The "risk" being players advancing at reasonable pace and not spending out of frustration...

We already progress at a reasonable pace, and many people make choices based on more than just one factor.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

We already progress at a reasonable pace, and many people make choices based on more than just one factor.

Of course. It's just that frustration seems to be the spending motivation CG decided to focus on, with only the necessary amount of fun to keep people hooked. Conquest makes it absolutely clear.
    It doesn't work on me personally, I'm more of a gratitude spender than frustration spender, but it seems I'm in a minority. I'm sure the spending behavior of the playerbase has been thoroughly analyzed and updates are made to maximize profit, so we can look forward to more of the same...
This discussion has been closed.