Battle pass

CoolMike211
13 posts Member
edited October 2021
I get it’ll be another cash grab but can we maybe make it like 10$ and get a lot of worth for playing everyday and completing daily challenges and such?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    If they ever do a battles pass, (which I do not think will ever happen, RIP 21 day crystal sub), no way it will be $10. $20 min.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    If they ever do a battles pass, (which I do not think will ever happen, RIP 21 day crystal sub), no way it will be $10. $20 min.

You can count on 100 Dollars minimum. Don’t forget it’s EA/CG. You can literally buy nothing for 10-20 dollars (resources).
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Seems like a lot of work for them,

They’ll probably just make it so u gotta pay $9.99 to participate in conquest every time it runs.
  • I hope this never happens. Battle pass is one of the worst inventions in the world of gaming. This is a game with a good p2p-f2p balance, one of the most f2p-friendly games I've played. I hope they never implement a battle pass that would change that forever.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I hope this never happens. Battle pass is one of the worst inventions in the world of gaming. This is a game with a good p2p-f2p balance, one of the most f2p-friendly games I've played. I hope they never implement a battle pass that would change that forever.

They could make it purchasable with crystals, which keeps the door open for everyone, if this happened.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I think that now is the time to bring back the crystal sub rather than a battle pass, it was a community fav. Its a good deal for the people that light spend, plus it keeps people engaged, which right now is badly needed.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Well, I was wrong, battle passes incoming. Just what the game needs……..now it just a matter of price and if history is any guide, it will be $20 min.
  • Yeahhhhhh my bad…
  • Kathartrix
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Please, please don't add a battle pass.

And If it is added please don't take anything we get now away.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I hope this never happens. Battle pass is one of the worst inventions in the world of gaming. This is a game with a good p2p-f2p balance, one of the most f2p-friendly games I've played. I hope they never implement a battle pass that would change that forever.

They could make it purchasable with crystals, which keeps the door open for everyone, if this happened.

Do you understand that crystal are equal to money? Not all the player have a "income" and, of course, it depend how much this trash will cost. So "everyone" is not correct. I'm doing it wrong?
    Every day a good news from this product...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Do you understand that crystal are equal to money? Not all the player have a "income" and, of course, it depend how much this trash will cost. So "everyone" is not correct. I'm doing it wrong?

Actually all players do have a free income of crystals. You cannot play daily and not gain crystals.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »

Actually all players do have a free income of crystals. You cannot play daily and not gain crystals.

So F2P that would have an income of roughly 400 a day, while spending 150 on energy to reach their 600, are you saying the mighty overlords are going to make the battle pass cheap? Because I can bet my job they won't.

It only costs 50 crystals to hit your 600.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

So F2P that would have an income of roughly 400 a day, while spending 150 on energy to reach their 600, are you saying the mighty overlords are going to make the battle pass cheap? Because I can bet my job they won't.

If you are F2P why do you care about the battle pass? Just like the hyperdrive bundle, just ignore it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I said they could make it purchasable with crystals, and pointed out how that would be a possible avenue for all players to have access. Because it is.

And just like saving up to buy stun guns or other gear, since Conquest is a once a month thing, and if it was purchasable for crystals, yes I see even f2p being able to take advantage of this occasionally, if not every month.

• If it's anything like other battle pass rewards I've seen, there will be a second reward track alongside the crate rewards for conquest, giving out things at various keycard amounts. Character shards, gear salvage, credits, slicing mats etc.

Given the pricing structure of swgoh I'd expect it to be at least US$50. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was US$100.

I wouldn't buy it for either of those amounts, so don't expect this to make any difference to me at all, unless they take rewards out of the existing crates to put on that reward track.

Oh wait. I just realised that the reward track will be the only single player way to get r9 mats. Of course.