32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    KeikoZB wrote: »
    Can't wait for the gear crunch changes to come into effect, it really sucks for my measly 600k GP account to gear up some of my favorite characters (50 Mk5 Arakyd for JKR Gear 9). Hoping we get this update really soon

While they are going to address the gear economy, it's good to manage expectations. This will be a process done in phases and no one should be expecting a drastic swing. Right now it is not a smooth process and there is next to no passive influx of those particular items. We will be moving into a phase where they will now have that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to be flush with stun guns in the coming months.

As with everything in this game, it's going to take time, they are just hoping to smooth out the growing pains. A week or even a month change in anything they are thinking is not going to be a huge effect on the economy. (Not expecting any delays from their plans, I'm just saying) I know that some want to see this for more personal reasons and i get that, i am just trying to manage expectations on what the actual outcomes will be.

Well this isnt very reassuring honestly they have the capability to make big changes to the gear crunch this long drawn process isnt needed. The way the community feels honestly is we are all holding out breaths and if bu the next conquest thier havent been significant improvements to rectify everything done since August which none of it has been good for the players... then this game will loose even more people on mass. This is honestly the worst time I have seen in this game. Even the revan meta year of no contact didnt screw players this hard. Cg has proven it can punish its player base with impunity let's see if they can support us or if they are truly just running this game into the ground.

The community is going to feel how the community feels. Making large changes and then having to dial them back would be way worse than taking a pragmatic approach, that involves phases.

No its not simple, and no there is no single action that fixes this, without risk.

The "risk" being players advancing at reasonable pace and not spending out of frustration...

We already progress at a reasonable pace, and many people make choices based on more than just one factor.

Of course. It's just that frustration seems to be the spending motivation CG decided to focus on, with only the necessary amount of fun to keep people hooked. Conquest makes it absolutely clear.
    It doesn't work on me personally, I'm more of a gratitude spender than frustration spender, but it seems I'm in a minority. I'm sure the spending behavior of the playerbase has been thoroughly analyzed and updates are made to maximize profit, so we can look forward to more of the same...

It's more the point players seem to focus on. The game would not be as fun with such a large audience without some sort of "earned" development.

I dont think you are a minority, at least not to the extent you believe you are. There is a very vocal section that doesnt seem to believe players enjoy the game and spend because they want to and like the game. The game wouldnt still be here if people were not enjoying things.

I am 100% sure they do everything they can to maximize profits. If players seem to be enjoying it, I'm sure we will see more of it.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Can't wait for the gear crunch changes to come into effect, it really sucks for my measly 600k GP account to gear up some of my favorite characters (50 Mk5 Arakyd for JKR Gear 9). Hoping we get this update really soon

While they are going to address the gear economy, it's good to manage expectations. This will be a process done in phases and no one should be expecting a drastic swing. Right now it is not a smooth process and there is next to no passive influx of those particular items. We will be moving into a phase where they will now have that, but I wouldn't expect anyone to be flush with stun guns in the coming months.

As with everything in this game, it's going to take time, they are just hoping to smooth out the growing pains. A week or even a month change in anything they are thinking is not going to be a huge effect on the economy. (Not expecting any delays from their plans, I'm just saying) I know that some want to see this for more personal reasons and i get that, i am just trying to manage expectations on what the actual outcomes will be.

Well this isnt very reassuring honestly they have the capability to make big changes to the gear crunch this long drawn process isnt needed. The way the community feels honestly is we are all holding out breaths and if bu the next conquest thier havent been significant improvements to rectify everything done since August which none of it has been good for the players... then this game will loose even more people on mass. This is honestly the worst time I have seen in this game. Even the revan meta year of no contact didnt screw players this hard. Cg has proven it can punish its player base with impunity let's see if they can support us or if they are truly just running this game into the ground.

The community is going to feel how the community feels. Making large changes and then having to dial them back would be way worse than taking a pragmatic approach, that involves phases.

No its not simple, and no there is no single action that fixes this, without risk.

The "risk" being players advancing at reasonable pace and not spending out of frustration...

We already progress at a reasonable pace, and many people make choices based on more than just one factor.

Of course. It's just that frustration seems to be the spending motivation CG decided to focus on, with only the necessary amount of fun to keep people hooked. Conquest makes it absolutely clear.
    It doesn't work on me personally, I'm more of a gratitude spender than frustration spender, but it seems I'm in a minority. I'm sure the spending behavior of the playerbase has been thoroughly analyzed and updates are made to maximize profit, so we can look forward to more of the same...

It's more the point players seem to focus on. The game would not be as fun with such a large audience without some sort of "earned" development.

I dont think you are a minority, at least not to the extent you believe you are. There is a very vocal section that doesnt seem to believe players enjoy the game and spend because they want to and like the game. The game wouldnt still be here if people were not enjoying things.

I am 100% sure they do everything they can to maximize profits. If players seem to be enjoying it, I'm sure we will see more of it.

Obviously, I can only speak to a very narrow band of players when it comes to gauging enjoyment. I will say, however, that the 4-6 guys (myself included) in our Guild's GAC stream nights are mostly fed up and just hanging around because they enjoy streaming GAC with the crew. So for me, and at least a few others, the fun you speak of is very externally driven. I genuinely wonder how those in earlier stages of the game or those that haven't made personal connections to other players are faring.

Most of my guild (372M) hated the July RA, are not a fan of r9 (specifically, the cost of acquiring it), dislike what the Executor has done to GAC/TW/Arena balance, and are exhausted by the increased grind of TW and Conquest. I guess my main point is that I think a lot of the game's current success is riding a wave that was started long ago, and a lot of CG's recent actions are threatening that momentum.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I don't think the rewards from the first iteration of Conquest were "unearned", and yet it had to be made less fun and more frustrating. You keep acting as if everyone complaining about frustration wants everything immediately and without effort, it's very much not the case.
    And yes, some level of enjoyment is necessary, that's why I wrote about the necessary amount of fun to keep people hooked. Again, not as black and white as you claim it is, just some balance that is heavily skewed on the side of frustration. And if they do everything they can to maximize profits as you say, it's what people pay for that we will see more of. Which may or may not overlap with what people enjoy, monetizing ways to bypass unenjoyable things is a strategy too...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I don't think the rewards from the first iteration of Conquest were "unearned", and yet it had to be made less fun and more frustrating. You keep acting as if everyone complaining about frustration wants everything immediately and without effort, it's very much not the case.
    And yes, some level of enjoyment is necessary, that's why I wrote about the necessary amount of fun to keep people hooked. Again, not as black and white as you claim it is, just some balance that is heavily skewed on the side of frustration. And if they do everything they can to maximize profits as you say, it's what people pay for that we will see more of. Which may or may not overlap with what people enjoy, monetizing ways to bypass unenjoyable things is a strategy too...

It is a scale, but this is also a collection game, which is black and white as far as a grinder game with a pace. That is what collection games are, so on that end it is black and white. The scale once that point is passed is based on the players level of angst, and that will lead to their frustration. Some will just be happy playing how they want. I find it best to not let other dictate my enjoyment or stress level.

I agree they were earned, but compared to other avenues to end game stuff, that was very easy. I didnt want this change and I expressed literally every once of feedback expressed here when we discussed this change.

I know for many it is hard to separate and to understand the many layers between a game, a company, the people who work there, and the business (and other layers involved). They try to strike a balance, and I'm sure some disagree about where that is, but as a while we will all never be happy with where it is. They will always want it to push forward and some will like that, others will not. How much that happens or not will always be up for debate. If they were not doing it at least somewhat right, we would not be here to debate this.

Reasonable to who…you? CG? Are you speaking on behalf of the thousands of players? Did you solicit the players feedback, has a poll been taken…did I miss it?
  • we're here because it's Star Wars. We're not here for CG. We're not here for EA. We're here for STAR WARS. If this game was Space Battles: Galaxy of Rando Space Dudes, it would be dead. It would have died almost instantly upon release. That brand, and the lack of actual competition, is what has been saving CG's rear end the past several years of this game.

Name me another game by Capital Games. Their own website says there aren't any. Their success is having a monopoly. No longer having that monopoly thanks to EA, it'll be very interesting to see what happens when real competition shows up in the app store. I'd expect a swift exodus from this game when the competition arrives.

It is a scale, but this is also a collection game, which is black and white as far as a grinder game with a pace. That is what collection games are, so on that end it is black and white. The scale once that point is passed is based on the players level of angst, and that will lead to their frustration. Some will just be happy playing how they want. I find it best to not let other dictate my enjoyment or stress level.

I agree they were earned, but compared to other avenues to end game stuff, that was very easy. I didnt want this change and I expressed literally every once of feedback expressed here when we discussed this change.

I know for many it is hard to separate and to understand the many layers between a game, a company, the people who work there, and the business (and other layers involved). They try to strike a balance, and I'm sure some disagree about where that is, but as a while we will all never be happy with where it is. They will always want it to push forward and some will like that, others will not. How much that happens or not will always be up for debate. If they were not doing it at least somewhat right, we would not be here to debate this.

Why should anyone care about the many layers between the game, company, and people? The people work for the company that releases the game. Don't act like the 'company' or the 'game' makes decisions. I don't care if the people who make the decisions work for CG, EA, LucasArts, or some outsourcing agency providing developers. If they were doing everything perfect, we wouldn't be here debating this either.
  • As the game progresses towards GLs, which seems to be CGs plan, it doesn't make sense to have the same gates from years ago. Which is why they accelerated characters and are finally starting to address gear crunch. With the amount of toons in the game, it shouldn't have taken this long for CG to make adjustments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Why should anyone care about the many layers between the game, company, and people? The people work for the company that releases the game. Don't act like the 'company' or the 'game' makes decisions. I don't care if the people who make the decisions work for CG, EA, LucasArts, or some outsourcing agency providing developers. If they were doing everything perfect, we wouldn't be here debating this either.

That's part of the point, if this was done "perfectly" you may not be here debating this, but someone else would. There are many players and many other layers that are in place for other reasons, and no there is literally no perfect way that makes everyone happy.
  • Making it easier to gear a toon to g13 would make 98% of players happy.
  • I'd rather see more changes to the Conquest that involved tech related feats more than squad related feats, then maybe you'd get me to buy more of them. As of now through the 9 conquests I've maybe bought 4.
    gear is more important now than ever and if you want us to kill 40 enemies with Tuskens or PHX or whatever at levels high enough for the GP needed for hard mode they need to up the amount of gear. Let hope Phase 1 is announced at the RA, rolled out within days of said RA and also have Phase two discussions shortly after to see how Phase 1 is working out.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I'd rather see more changes to the Conquest that involved tech related feats more than squad related feats, then maybe you'd get me to buy more of them. As of now through the 9 conquests I've maybe bought 4.
    gear is more important now than ever and if you want us to kill 40 enemies with Tuskens or PHX or whatever at levels high enough for the GP needed for hard mode they need to up the amount of gear. Let hope Phase 1 is announced at the RA, rolled out within days of said RA and also have Phase two discussions shortly after to see how Phase 1 is working out.

100% agree
    emoore123 wrote: »

Taking it in phases is fine, but taking months to implement even one phase is what's putting us all on edge. I'd rather they didn't say anything last month and just announced as soon as they were ready to launch changes. Just rip off the band-aid already.

They wanted to make everyone aware things were coming. Personally I think that was a good move, it would have been a worse month if they had not said that. There is also no real need to be on edge about something they say is coming, just because it hasn't happened within the window they said it would.

In my opinion not talking about the gear changes only make things worse in this situation because the gear changes masked a lot of the talk on R9 releasing. For me, it would've been better to keep R9 back for whenever gear changes phase 1 came into effect. It does no good imo to say "Here's the R9 you didn't ask for, sooner than you expected, but hey! Don't worry! We're making gear changes you've wanted for YEARS sometime in the next 4 months or so, but we're being super vague about it until we can officially talk about it over a month later in the RA™!"... Assuming, of course, that the RA™ actually comes this month (I'm hoping for today).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Taking it in phases is fine, but taking months to implement even one phase is what's putting us all on edge. I'd rather they didn't say anything last month and just announced as soon as they were ready to launch changes. Just rip off the band-aid already.

They wanted to make everyone aware things were coming. Personally I think that was a good move, it would have been a worse month if they had not said that. There is also no real need to be on edge about something they say is coming, just because it hasn't happened within the window they said it would.

In my opinion not talking about the gear changes only make things worse in this situation because the gear changes masked a lot of the talk on R9 releasing. For me, it would've been better to keep R9 back for whenever gear changes phase 1 came into effect. It does no good imo to say "Here's the R9 you didn't ask for, sooner than you expected, but hey! Don't worry! We're making gear changes you've wanted for YEARS sometime in the next 4 months or so, but we're being super vague about it until we can officially talk about it over a month later in the RA™!"... Assuming, of course, that the RA™ actually comes this month (I'm hoping for today).

I understand where you are coming from, but generally speaking to would have washed away any good will of gear changes. It coming first mind of makes more sense.

Yes they did say over the next few months, but they outlined that it was going to start this month, opening up with the RA.

We could just, let it come and not stress about it, since that stress does nothing about the situation.
  • I'm going to guess that the gear crunch will be alleviated some by the pay-to-win battlepass. If this ends up being the case, it will be the first time I will have ever felt that I'm obligated to pay to keep playing this game (7.6m GP free-to-play). If that is what happens, then I'm out. This is all speculation of course, but I don't see any way that this battlepass that is coming will be a good thing for anyone that is free-to-play. Let's hope this datamine is addressed soon with full details.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm going to guess that the gear crunch will be alleviated some by the pay-to-win battlepass. If this ends up being the case, it will be the first time I will have ever felt that I'm obligated to pay to keep playing this game (7.6m GP free-to-play). If that is what happens, then I'm out. This is all speculation of course, but I don't see any way that this battlepass that is coming will be a good thing for anyone that is free-to-play. Let's hope this datamine is addressed soon with full details.

They already spelled out where they are putting the gear to start the process of alleviating the gear crunch.

The data mine says Conquest for the BP, which was not mentioned as one of the locations.

I'm not sure what information you are basing your speculation on, but you seem to be making connections that are not presented in the info we have.

I am still hoping to see the RA this week, which should provide more details, but at this point, you seem safe.
    I'm going to guess that the gear crunch will be alleviated some by the pay-to-win battlepass. If this ends up being the case, it will be the first time I will have ever felt that I'm obligated to pay to keep playing this game (7.6m GP free-to-play). If that is what happens, then I'm out. This is all speculation of course, but I don't see any way that this battlepass that is coming will be a good thing for anyone that is free-to-play. Let's hope this datamine is addressed soon with full details.

They already spelled out where they are putting the gear to start the process of alleviating the gear crunch.

The data mine says Conquest for the BP, which was not mentioned as one of the locations.

I'm not sure what information you are basing your speculation on, but you seem to be making connections that are not presented in the info we have.

I am still hoping to see the RA this week, which should provide more details, but at this point, you seem safe.

This I agree with. The BattlePass that was data mined probably wouldn't be part of the gear relief. It sounds more like a potential change they're going to try for either conquest 10, or a conquest in the future. That's a wait and see if it turns out to be a good idea or not 🤷, but in my experience I haven't met a BattlePass I've liked and wanted to buy into.

I understand where you are coming from, but generally speaking to would have washed away any good will of gear changes. It coming first mind of makes more sense.

Yes they did say over the next few months, but they outlined that it was going to start this month, opening up with the RA.

We could just, let it come and not stress about it, since that stress does nothing about the situation.

It's not so much stressing about it, as it is frustration that things that help the player base always seem to take them months or years to implement. I do get that things take time to develop, and we don't know all the details yet as to what they've had to create to give us these changes. It's just my personal preference that things be announced when they're ready to launch. Telling me last month that they'll tell me this month what changes are coming just makes me asks the question why certain changes couldn't have been made right away, such as the sith raid sim or changes to the daily challenges (things that seem like they should be easy to implement).

Hopefully that road ahead comes today and all our questions are answered though 🤞
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It's not so much stressing about it, as it is frustration that things that help the player base always seem to take them months or years to implement. I do get that things take time to develop, and we don't know all the details yet as to what they've had to create to give us these changes. It's just my personal preference that things be announced when they're ready to launch. Telling me last month that they'll tell me this month what changes are coming just makes me asks the question why certain changes couldn't have been made right away, such as the sith raid sim or changes to the daily challenges (things that seem like they should be easy to implement).

Hopefully that road ahead comes today and all our questions are answered though 🤞

They stated a plan, and are still within that planned timeframe. Sure things take time, and no it's not just things that help the players. They do take a more cautious approach with some aspects as they want to avoid taking things away as much as possible.

The sentiment was pretty low at the time of that post and they were pushing out r9, they wanted to give a glimmer of hope that the light we see was the end of this tunnel and not the train. Many people ask for more communication and information, I see it hard to react to them doing this, just because we have to hesr the information some time before its implemented.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This I agree with. The BattlePass that was data mined probably wouldn't be part of the gear relief. It sounds more like a potential change they're going to try for either conquest 10, or a conquest in the future. That's a wait and see if it turns out to be a good idea or not 🤷, but in my experience I haven't met a BattlePass I've liked and wanted to buy into.

I agree, I'm not much for those types of systems, but it seems like in this case kits a pure bonus, which may have its merits at times, depending on the price tag.

Only time will tell.

I agree, I'm not much for those types of systems, but it seems like in this case kits a pure bonus, which may have its merits at times, depending on the price tag.

Only time will tell.

Yeah, the $$ is the thing I'm most worried about. If it's too steep, it will deter me. I like the COD BP, where I at least generate CP while completing it and spend that on the next season. If it's strictly a paywall it's gonna be a kick in the pants. Fingers crossed.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Many people ask for more communication and information, I see it hard to react to them doing this, just because we have to hesr the information some time before its implemented.
    I think it is not about them telling us what they are going to do (which ist totally different than what the community asks for) but the total ignorance towards feedback and criticism. You always tell us that they read an consider it, but we would like to get some kind of statement to our claims.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »
    Many people ask for more communication and information, I see it hard to react to them doing this, just because we have to hesr the information some time before its implemented.
    I think it is not about them telling us what they are going to do (which ist totally different than what the community asks for) but the total ignorance towards feedback and criticism. You always tell us that they read an consider it, but we would like to get some kind of statement to our claims.

In response to the person I was responding to, this is not the case.

I understand where you are coming from, I am not in any position to force Doja to do that, and if he could I guarantee you he would. Unfortunately there are also many moving pieces in development and it's hard for him to make statements that dont put him in a place of making promises.

The other layer to this is time, not everything that can be looked at will get that time now, so even a non promise will be thrown back at them as time moves on, even if a review is somewhere down the line. It's hard for them to say that because the review doesnt necessarily mean action, and even action will be put on a list that will be prioritized and can shift.

Talking about plans they have and things that may happen or cant happen is such an in depth conversation and with so many parts it can be very difficult to put something down in writing. I am not making excuses, just sharing some insight we gain from conversations about things. No one is saying it cant be done differently or better.
  • I know that this has already been mentioned ... but worth stating again ... the TW matching making needs to be "tweaked a bit". With the exception of the first match after the revised TW, I thought we had reasonable match-ups (ones that could be competitive), but this time we got a guild with more than twice our GLs (60-ish to 130-ish) ... and 40M more GP (280s to 320s) ... I understand that matchmaking won't be perfect, and that sometimes we'll be overmatched (and sometimes will be the one overmatching another guild) but this type of difference should be avoidable.
    The game wouldnt still be here if people were not enjoying things....

And gambling wouldn't exist if people lost their money most of their time. And alcohol wouldn't exist if people were made miserable by it. And Cigarettes wouldn't exist if people were killed by them.

Addiction is a powerful thing. But based on the burnout rate of my guild members and the things said away from SWGOH forum censors on our discord... people aren't enjoying this game at the moment.
  • Since so many people have been complaining, I just want to say, thanks for the P1 changes CG. I can already feel the impact. In two weeks, my crunch went from stun gun salvage to carbanti salvage.
    It was the opposite for basically the last year and a half. I like this a lot. Please, do more of this.
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    The game wouldnt still be here if people were not enjoying things....

And gambling wouldn't exist if people lost their money most of their time. And alcohol wouldn't exist if people were made miserable by it. And Cigarettes wouldn't exist if people were killed by them.

Addiction is a powerful thing. But based on the burnout rate of my guild members and the things said away from SWGOH forum censors on our discord... people aren't enjoying this game at the moment.

Well said

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Since so many people have been complaining, I just want to say, thanks for the P1 changes CG. I can already feel the impact. In two weeks, my crunch went from stun gun salvage to carbanti salvage.
    It was the opposite for basically the last year and a half. I like this a lot. Please, do more of this.

I actually salvaged 2X stun guns yesterday
This discussion has been closed.