Road Ahead

Replies

• Acymetric wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    Step 1 - Increase the Conquest grind to the point players are frustrated and hate it
    Step 2 - Offer a paid way to relieve the frustration (Conquest Battle Pass)
    Result - A player earns comparable rewards but NOW has to pay for them

If it happens this way then the model is clearly to create frustration and offer paid solutions to circumvent the frustration. There is obviously a much better method for this type of thing but the fact this is the chosen route should tell you everything you need to know.

From my understanding the BP offeres no changes to or additional feats.

I have never seen a BP that wasnt additional rewards to a system, not the only way to get them.

But a battle pass is basically a bunch of feats collected and organized into tiers for rewards, right?

Depends.

So it could just be objectives tied into what we already do inside the game or the feats too. So it can be a variation of things honestly
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Step 1 - Increase the Conquest grind to the point players are frustrated and hate it

If it happens this way then the model is clearly to create frustration and offer paid solutions to circumvent the frustration. There is obviously a much better method for this type of thing but the fact this is the chosen route should tell you everything you need to know.

I have never seen a BP that wasnt additional rewards to a system, not the only way to get them.

But a battle pass is basically a bunch of feats collected and organized into tiers for rewards, right?

Not from my understanding. My understanding is that it is a separate rewards path in addition to the current one we see.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Depends.

So it could just be objectives tied into what we already do inside the game or the feats too. So it can be a variation of things honestly

I legitimately do not understand how what you just said is different from what I just said.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Not from my understanding. My understanding is that it is a separate rewards path in addition to the current one we see.

I understand they are separate, and that the Battle Pass is not expected to impact conquest rewards box progression.

There *will* be new feats though (even if they aren't called feats), because how else do you progress through tiers of the BP?
  • I hold judgment until official statement from the devs, this thread along with those in places like Reddit and discord as well as YouTube videos are all pure speculation
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

I understand they are separate, and that the Battle Pass is not expected to impact conquest rewards box progression.

There *will* be new feats though (even if they aren't called feats), because how else do you progress through tiers of the BP?

It could give rewards for completing each of the five sectors. You might call that a feat, right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

From pass type setups I have seen in other games, you hit a rewards point on the progression. You collect normal rewards and if you have an active BP you get additional rewards.

I dont think I have seen a system where you pay to have extra work, usually you are just paying to get extra rewards.
  • How about putting one conquest out without bugs before asking people to pay for it?

From pass type setups I have seen in other games, you hit a rewards point on the progression. You collect normal rewards and if you have an active BP you get additional rewards.

I dont think I have seen a system where you pay to have extra work, usually you are just paying to get extra rewards.

Aha, that makes sense, thanks!
  • BP seems to be made to put a larger carrot on the string of conquest with people that are fed up with it and not interested in bothering with it anymore than just a simple play through. Now they can sell a BP AND get people to waste crystals on the mode they've already run into the ground.
  • The more they add lately the more indifferent I get.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    BP seems to be made to put a larger carrot on the string of conquest with people that are fed up with it and not interested in bothering with it anymore than just a simple play through. Now they can sell a BP AND get people to waste crystals on the mode they've already run into the ground.

Not really, because not everyone who is "fed up" is going to $$. They are making changes to Conquest, which are more likely to address some of the feelings, I hope.
  • So are they waiting to release the road ahead until Friday because it's bad news and you only post bad news on Fridays?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    So are they waiting to release the road ahead until Friday because it's bad news and you only post bad news on Fridays?

Not sure we are going to get it this week, no matter how much I want it.

Or maybe they are rewriting it just to please your debbie downer attitude. It remains to be seen.
    So are they waiting to release the road ahead until Friday because it's bad news and you only post bad news on Fridays?

Or maybe they are rewriting it just to please your debbie downer attitude. It remains to be seen.

So they recorded it last Friday. And maybe won’t release it until next week…that is absolutely ridiculous. I’m sorry but considering how we have to wait for the gear economy change details with this as well, perhaps a little hustle and bustle would be nice.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

So they recorded it last Friday. And maybe won’t release it until next week…that is absolutely ridiculous. I’m sorry but considering how we have to wait for the gear economy change details with this as well, perhaps a little hustle and bustle would be nice.

their attention on the "devs vs the community" on tuesday might be the hold up which is of course VERY IMPORTANT.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It's not ridiculous, literally at all.

When they record it and having it line up with what they are releasing are 2 different things. They could record it last month, but if they planned to release it the day before the update it would still be released at the same time.

They are a hustling and a bustling. Just for you. 😁

But just like non space wizards, it will arrive precisely when it is meant to.
  • Sure wasn’t a delay on R9, lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Sure wasn’t a delay on R9, lol

Just like the compressed Con 7-9 schedule, they try to keep things on schedule, and this is not delayed, they are not missing any deadlines.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »

I think R9 was delayed though wasn't it? By a couple of months iirc
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Just like the compressed Con 7-9 schedule, they try to keep things on schedule, and this is not delayed, they are not missing any deadlines.

It’s not about a deadline. When they are tying the details and release of gear economy changes that they announced last month, to the RA, expecting the community to be patient even longer is a bit disingenuous.

This RA has crucial information that is going to determine whether or not people like myself keep playing, or decide to finally quit. Since the last RA they’ve made some pretty bad changes to the game. Conquest has been a train wreck. The nerfs have been awful. The GL/buddy combo has been I’ll received. The release of R9 before these positive (maybe?) economy changes and tying it to TW with broken matchmaking was a misstep. At the very least they can get us the RA and tell us what’s going on. I get chain of approval and all that but it takes weeks to do that? Give me a break
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It’s not about a deadline. When they are tying the details and release of gear economy changes that they announced last month, to the RA, expecting the community to be patient even longer is a bit disingenuous.

This RA has crucial information that is going to determine whether or not people like myself keep playing, or decide to finally quit. Since the last RA they’ve made some pretty bad changes to the game. Conquest has been a train wreck. The nerfs have been awful. The GL/buddy combo has been I’ll received. The release of R9 before these positive (maybe?) economy changes and tying it to TW with broken matchmaking was a misstep. At the very least they can get us the RA and tell us what’s going on. I get chain of approval and all that but it takes weeks to do that? Give me a break

I get it, you think everything is disingenuous and always a slight to the player base. You mat be surprised to know, it's not. It's that simple, it's just not.

They have deadlines and schedules, and things are always moving and coming up. They are working on it, and they didnt have to but they announced it early to let people know that something they would want to hear was coming.

Players can and will make the choices they make. Make your choices and own them, dont try to pass the buck.

Please give it a break.
  • Should we expect to see details about the event conquest characters move to after a year in this Road Ahead or the next one? Or the one after that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    Should we expect to see details about the event conquest characters move to after a year in this Road Ahead or the next one? Or the one after that?

We will likely get that information when RC hits the 1 year mark and they need to close the loop on that release structure.
  • 5PM on the west coast... Guess I'll hope for a post tomorrow 😭😭😭
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

It absolutely was - it was originally intended to come end of August IIRC.
  • I’m excited for road ahead, I’m not a CG hater, I like some of the changes they made to the game, conquest is very repetitious and boring . But I hope and look forward to them fixing it. Now let me buy some Wat shards. put Wat for sale in the shops :)
  • Rumor is the Battle Pass eliminates conquest bugs and allows your data disks to work properly.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Idk why ppl r expecting the road ahead this week when the current one isn’t finished yet. It’ll probably come next week after Maul is unlockable similar to how the LV/Maul road ahead came after CAT was unlockable.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I find it ironic that most (myself included) seem to be eagerly awaiting the RA when the last RA was, for many, the start of a bad trajectory for this game.

This.