JMK Nerf When?

Whaleathon
182 posts Member
edited October 2021
JMK is an unbalanced GL considering he destroys everything. Nothing wrong with metas but we were not promised GL metas. We were promised balanced GLs and that is not happening. Hopefully if people keep posting something will be done.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Whaleathon wrote: »
    JMK is an unbalanced GL considering he destroys everything. Nothing wrong with metas but we were not promised GL metas. We were promised balanced GLs and that is not happening. Hopefully if people keep posting something will be done.
    Time to live up to your name. Nobody should expect to remain permanently arena relevant with 1 GL.

You do understand that CG specifically targeted the counters to JMK and nerfed them into oblivion, right? JMK isn't getting nerfed, until there is a new GL that they don't want JMK countering.
  • Probably when I get JMK he will get nerfed, wait 3-6 months
  • Likely that LV with Maul will be JMK's equal or superior (Which would kill the mythos what with the high ground and all), and possibly outlast his relevancy as the next Q1 2022 GL is released that LV may still be able to tango with.

There must always be a carrot. If Rey/Kylo could still climb to 1st easily, there would be no incentive to chase the new shiny thing.
  • If they wanted JMK to be superior to all then cool whatever. But I’ve been holding them to their promise that all GLs will be balanced meaning one would not be better than another. The real issue is they make blatant promises then throw it in the trash can of forgetfulness.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I can tell you right now that LV is the new meta. I’ve run him in arena for weeks now and fall 3x less then I did with JMK.
    And this is before Maul. If Maul is to LV what CAT is to JMK then I see some troubling waters for JMK players lol!!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Whaleathon wrote: »

JMK is incredibly balanced actually.

it’s that a conquest unit turns his squad into the best in arena.

Because he’s average pre CAT
  • Hes not average pre cat hes a beast with or without her that's the difference between him and lv. Lv sucks without maul. Jmk needs only junk jedi to win against any team hes op and keeps getting buffed.

What are you talking about? JMK destroys everything? Sure, if you are in control, you can theoretically "destroy everything" with JMK. But so can you do using any other GLs. The question should be if the AI is able to destroy everything. The answer is clearly a "NO". Otherwise I'm not sure why I still end up top 1 in arena everyday without having a JMK.

• Natgmn wrote: »
    Hes not average pre cat hes a beast with or without her that's the difference between him and lv. Lv sucks without maul. Jmk needs only junk jedi to win against any team hes op and keeps getting buffed.

LV and bunch of junk empire chars can also win against anything but JMK+CAT. LV can solo SLKR and SEE (and most non GL teams I assume) and I heard he can duo JML. Isn't that quite "beasty"? The only thing he struggles (but can win) against is JMK+CAT which is a 1.5 GL team. How about you come back in ~1 week and tell us how it's looking like in your arena when people have LV + Maul forming another 1.5 GL team?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Antario wrote: »

What are you talking about? JMK destroys everything? Sure, if you are in control, you can theoretically "destroy everything" with JMK. But so can you do using any other GLs. The question should be if the AI is able to destroy everything. The answer is clearly a "NO". Otherwise I'm not sure why I still end up top 1 in arena everyday without having a JMK.

SEE cannot beat JMK neither can SLKR unless you put tanks everywhere. And even then they have a very small chance of winning. JMK is far better than the current GLs we have now by far even without CAT.
    Antario wrote: »

SEE cannot beat JMK neither can SLKR unless you put tanks everywhere. And even then they have a very small chance of winning. JMK is far better than the current GLs we have now by far even without CAT.

He should be. He's newer
  • DonPuto wrote: »

He should be. He's newer

But there’s no balance in that. If it was CGs normal characters then yeah sure I completely understand but they told us they none would be better than the other.
    DonPuto wrote: »

He should be. He's newer

But there’s no balance in that. If it was CGs normal characters then yeah sure I completely understand but they told us they none would be better than the other.

Then what would be the point of getting the newest thing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He should be. He's newer

They didnt say that, because that would clearly be impossible for all GLs to be at the exact same level. Even before JMK, they all had hard counter to each other, which means that in a case by case testing, some where better than others.

They said thelat GLs would be on a similar level of power, and they solidified that with the changes they made, they are all the same caliber/tier.

A team is different than a toon. GLs can all be the same tier, and the teams formed around them can be at different levels within that tier.
  • Not gonna happen, can lock the thread now.

He should be. He's newer

Just because you forget about JML. He beats JMK, JMK beats LV... seems okay this time in regard to rock-paper-scissors.