Road Ahead

Replies

• Tuareg111 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    SWBSD wrote: »
    Even though I’m not the biggest of Boba Fett fans, I think if The Book of Boba Fett is going to be as big as the hype, it’d be a shame if CG didn’t make him the next (and 1st neutral) GL.

Boba GL? 🤣

Rather have GL Snoke, at least he had something going for him before being turned utterly useless and tossed away in the movie.

Not every legendary character in the Star Wars universe ran around with a lightsaber. I would actually like to see some variety in GLs rather than a different shade of the same dull grey.

Well snoke hadn’t a lightsaber. He could be a great FO Support Leader like MM.

No he didn't. He also didn't do anything. So not sure what abilities you think he'll bring to the table...

Snoke is the one that led Kylo to the darkside and introduced him to the Knights Of Ren which ultimately led to him taking over as their leader and falling to the darkside. Snoke also trained Kylo.
    This game has plenty of characters that did much more than the movies show and Snoke is another one.
    GL? Maybe not, but without Snoke there is no Kylo Ren. Similar to without Palp there is no Vader.
  • zatho wrote: »
    Senator Bale Organa might be a Legend. At least he founded the rebellion that lead to the fall of the galactic empire.

Special ability. “The Mary Poppins”
  • Smoke did nothing. He was controlled by SEE.

That stupid movie covered that. Snoke was a literal, and not figurative, puppet.

Boba was notorious on the outer rim at best, hardly GL status.

Bail Organa also did nothing.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    I'm eager to hear if the measures they are taking to walk back some of the overcorrection in conquest is going to make it fun again and I would absolutely love to hear what exactly the gear bottleneck adjustments will look like.
    Is there any reason to expect they are taking any measures to walk back some of the overcorrection in conque$t?

It's been mentioned a couple of times that they are making changes to try to address the current player sentiment towards conquest - I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I'm eager to find out.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Senator Bale Organa might be a Legend. At least he founded the rebellion that lead to the fall of the galactic empire.

Special ability. “The Mary Poppins”

But Bail never flew through space, that was Leia…
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • StewartH wrote: »
    Tuareg111 wrote: »
    Even though I’m not the biggest of Boba Fett fans, I think if The Book of Boba Fett is going to be as big as the hype, it’d be a shame if CG didn’t make him the next (and 1st neutral) GL.

Boba GL? 🤣

Rather have GL Snoke, at least he had something going for him before being turned utterly useless and tossed away in the movie.

Not every legendary character in the Star Wars universe ran around with a lightsaber. I would actually like to see some variety in GLs rather than a different shade of the same dull grey.

No he didn't. He also didn't do anything. So not sure what abilities you think he'll bring to the table...

Snoke is the one that led Kylo to the darkside and introduced him to the Knights Of Ren which ultimately led to him taking over as their leader and falling to the darkside. Snoke also trained Kylo.
    This game has plenty of characters that did much more than the movies show and Snoke is another one.
    GL? Maybe not, but without Snoke there is no Kylo Ren. Similar to without Palp there is no Vader.

Snoke was a sock puppet for Palpatine. And that's all he was.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    StewartH wrote: »

Boba GL? 🤣

So if Snoke = Palpatine then we should get a Snoke GL because then we will have a version of Palpatine that doesn’t suck in game.

Or at least one that can actually be viable against modern gls
  • I'd rather have Jar-jar than Snoke.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I'd rather have Jar-jar than Snoke.

Blame top hat for no jar jar
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

Why dont they just say sorry its coming on 27th then?

If the release of the content is known, the post about it should be easy to deliver

They did post about it, that's how we know its coming. They are not doing anything wrong, there is no need to apologize.

Where did they say it was coming on X date?

Regardless, this is just like when some one says "now under $10" and you see $9.99..... its the optics that is in question, not the reality.

Delivering a road ahead in october but waiting till the last day is not a good look. Sure its still october on the 27th at closing time.... but is it what the expectation truely is?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

If the release of the content is known, the post about it should be easy to deliver

They did post about it, that's how we know its coming. They are not doing anything wrong, there is no need to apologize.

Regardless, this is just like when some one says "now under $10" and you see $9.99..... its the optics that is in question, not the reality.

Delivering a road ahead in october but waiting till the last day is not a good look. Sure its still october on the 27th at closing time.... but is it what the expectation truely is?

Yes. They have a setup that is always followed, 1 week is a server side update the other is client side, they alternate.

They said it's coming in October, it will. It didnt come in the previous client side update, so it should come in the next.

Many updates come in the last week of the month, when they fall there. This is an important one from the player perspective, I get that, but it is also, just a normal update that will follow the system they have been doing.

No it is not a slight towards the player base.
  • StewartH wrote: »

Boba GL? 🤣

Nah, theres much more to the story than just those 2 movies you watched.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Yes. They have a setup that is always followed, 1 week is a server side update the other is client side, they alternate.

They said it's coming in October, it will. It didnt come in the previous client side update, so it should come in the next.

Many updates come in the last week of the month, when they fall there. This is an important one from the player perspective, I get that, but it is also, just a normal update that will follow the system they have been doing.

Not saying its a slight, saying it has poor optics.

I also feel RA post and gear update are two seperate things... and the post should never come last day or week of the month. At the latest that should be a mid month thing.

Update can labd whenever its ready, though the optics of stating gear economy changes and then doing them after releasing relic 9 and relic 9 paid packs is not good.

Should have been reversed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not saying its a slight, saying it has poor optics.

I also feel RA post and gear update are two seperate things... and the post should never come last day or week of the month. At the latest that should be a mid month thing.

Update can labd whenever its ready, though the optics of stating gear economy changes and then doing them after releasing relic 9 and relic 9 paid packs is not good.

Should have been reversed.

We can all feel how we want about the 2, but they are connected. When they come is related to that, and when in the month it comes is of very little consequence.

Reversing them would have been worse or the same, all the good would be wiped out if that was the case, or at best been a wash.

R9 release is part of a larger timeline and the economy changes are not.
  • lduwh428acju.jpeg
  • I get some info now on discord about changes in the game, screenshots from android users. Shouldn’t the road ahead give us this information before they are rolled out. Wouldn’t it be the road behind us otherwise?
  • Nick_74 wrote: »
    I get some info now on discord about changes in the game, screenshots from android users. Shouldn’t the road ahead give us this information before they are rolled out. Wouldn’t it be the road behind us otherwise?

It’s more like the road between at this point. We seem to have most of the end points but are missing the how to.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    I get some info now on discord about changes in the game, screenshots from android users. Shouldn’t the road ahead give us this information before they are rolled out. Wouldn’t it be the road behind us otherwise?

It’s more like the road between at this point. We seem to have most of the end points but are missing the how to.
    Well at least it’s good they don’t roll out an update during TB so no risk for them to break it.
  • So CG teased that they are moving on from Clone Wars to an era nobody would expect. Presumably this is in reference to the next GL. This would suggest it is likely to be from either the High Republic or the Old Republic. I'm guessing Revan Reborn is likely. Since he floats both ways in theory he could be the first neutral character or simply get both Light and Dark side tags along with unaligned force user.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So CG teased that they are moving on from Clone Wars to an era nobody would expect. Presumably this is in reference to the next GL. This would suggest it is likely to be from either the High Republic or the Old Republic. I'm guessing Revan Reborn is likely. Since he floats both ways in theory he could be the first neutral character or simply get both Light and Dark side tags along with unaligned force user.

The KOTOR remake is still too far away for any meaningful cross-promotion, though. I think High Republic is more likely, unfortunately.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    GL Geode inbound....
    0ar02r1nkdiu.png
  • I am pretty sure they really think we did not expect them to go to book of boba…
  • Nauros wrote: »
    So CG teased that they are moving on from Clone Wars to an era nobody would expect. Presumably this is in reference to the next GL. This would suggest it is likely to be from either the High Republic or the Old Republic. I'm guessing Revan Reborn is likely. Since he floats both ways in theory he could be the first neutral character or simply get both Light and Dark side tags along with unaligned force user.

The KOTOR remake is still too far away for any meaningful cross-promotion, though. I think High Republic is more likely, unfortunately.

Plenty of shows coming soon:

The Book of Boba Fett
    The Mandalorian Season 3
    Star Wars: Andor
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Star Wars: Ahsoka
    Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic
    Star Wars: The Acolyte
    Star Wars: Lando
    Star Wars: A Droid Story
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

The Book of Boba Fett
    The Mandalorian Season 3

Yes, I was reacting to a post about HR and OR. Personally, I think the "early Empire" era should get more focus. Three of the shows you listed are set there, plus we have barely anything from Rebels and nothing at all from Fallen Order.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

The Book of Boba Fett
    The Mandalorian Season 3

Yes, I was reacting to a post about HR and OR. Personally, I think the "early Empire" era should get more focus. Three of the shows you listed are set there, plus we have barely anything from Rebels and nothing at all from Fallen Order.

Star Wars: Ahsoka will be a direct like to Rebels. Pretty much live action Rebels.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Speaking of the Mandalorian. Where the heck is our 5th Imperial Remnant character? Gideon has a lead that requires 4 other imp remnant characters. So, what gives?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Mohrg wrote: »
    GL Geode inbound....
    0ar02r1nkdiu.png

I like geodes!
  • Mohrg wrote: »
    GL Geode inbound....
    0ar02r1nkdiu.png

Finally. The long awaited Star Wars Cameo of "The Rock".