LV/Maul [MERGE]

Prev13456711
zatchy
123 posts Member
edited October 2021
His AI is awful. Overall if they are going to make shiney new toys worse than the previous, what’s the point?

He should be targeting CAT 100% on the time with the CD increase. But instead it’s random?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• From what Ive seen it doesnt even matter. Kenobi can just save his dmg immunity for his second turn and CAT will get her insta kill anyways.
  • From what Ive seen it doesnt even matter. Kenobi can just save his dmg immunity for his second turn and CAT will get her insta kill anyways.

Didn’t even think about that and won anyway even with cat delayed. Cleverness is overrated.
  • I’ll say one thing… as someone who will soon have all the requirements to get LV and will get Maul next conquest… why oh why didn’t I go for JMK?! And my only other GL is SEE! I might start a thread and whoever I decide of the new GL’s to go for, guaranteed they’ll be the trash ones haha… oh I’m sad.
  • I’ll say one thing… as someone who will soon have all the requirements to get LV and will get Maul next conquest… why oh why didn’t I go for JMK?! And my only other GL is SEE! I might start a thread and whoever I decide of the new GL’s to go for, guaranteed they’ll be the trash ones haha… oh I’m sad.

Kinda feel like a trend for Dark side GLs to suck compared to the light side, at least initially. Kylo got stomped by GAS when he came out and couldnt compare to Rey, SEE was useless in arena for the first 3 month because there wasnt enough JMLs and he got stomped by Kylo and Rey and **** on defense.
  • Think the biggest issue with LV is his ult. It really doesnt feel like its doing anything, even when you get it fairly quick with Maul. You get an AoE ability block that you get to do once and then youre just flailing against the enemy GK/JML until its over. Ironically Maul makes it even less relevant, since he will either kill the enemy team for you before LV can get enought dmg to be relevant or you'll just lose.

Compare that to Kenobis ult which flips the table over and turns his entire team Super Sayan

Go for SLKR. He’s still the best all rounder GL and he uses his own faction and most of his requirements are FO.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    v9e6lzrwpnc0.gif
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Even with Maul JMK PWNS LV... rather amusingly
  • Yea I am pretty underwhelmed; he wasn’t great to begin with and maul is just meh as well; He reminds of see in the sense that his squad mates suck and you just have to ramp him up enough before they die.
  • Not gonna lie he's pretty underwhelming. If this is where he was supposed to be in the meta he should have dropped first and mk second. Currently maul doesn't even focus cat at the start.

If they do buff him, they should have realized this weeks ago when no one was using him in arena. He should have been on par with mk cat and maul would have brought him over the top. I think everyone who got him let it slide that he was blah because they expected maul to make him OP. If they don't buff him then he's the new see, a luxury GL that most will avoid.

All around a mediocre GL with maul and below average without. For the ridiculous requirements I have huge buyers remorse.
  • FEARTHEDARKSIDE
    141 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Currently while using lord vader and maul in arena the ai appears to be random and doesn't have a chance at holding on defense if it doesn't focus commander ahsoka tano
    It is currently being beaten in about a minute on defense and is probably the most disappointed gl to date
    Any chance we get an ai update in the future?
  • Probably better yet the kit needs an overhaul as a new meta shouldn't be beaten this easily, super frustrating to work towards a new meta and it's far inferior to the last
  • I think expecting LV to hold vs kenobi is unrealistic.

Although not released at exactly the same time JMK and LV are a pair of GLs released in the same batch. I would expect them to beat each other, and beat older GLs.

Asking for the ai to be made tougher is crazy. They could make many teams that you beat right now with various things suddenly unbeatable with just a small tweak to the general ai.

Making certain toons priority is bad too in the long run. Look at GAS. Many newer toons have an ai that prefer to target him as a huge threat. So now we give him health and protection to absorb attacks without even taunting, and we use him that way.

Don't expect your new shiny to hold against the just about as new shiny. Be glad he can beat JMK and everything else when under your control.
  • Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.
  • Although not released at exactly the same time JMK and LV are a pair of GLs released in the same batch. I would expect them to beat each other, and beat older GLs.

I would agree if the investment (requirements) for LV was on the same level but clearly it is not.

Although not released at exactly the same time JMK and LV are a pair of GLs released in the same batch. I would expect them to beat each other, and beat older GLs.

Asking for the ai to be made tougher is crazy. They could make many teams that you beat right now with various things suddenly unbeatable with just a small tweak to the general ai.

Making certain toons priority is bad too in the long run. Look at GAS. Many newer toons have an ai that prefer to target him as a huge threat. So now we give him health and protection to absorb attacks without even taunting, and we use him that way.

Don't expect your new shiny to hold against the just about as new shiny. Be glad he can beat JMK and everything else when under your control.

Except they have a history of adjusting AI and hard coding certain characters as "high priority" targets. There's precedent set that Maul should be changed to go after the most important target on the opposing team.

1) All GLs aren’t equal
    2) There’s always been a superior for GL each pair
    3) LV is basically 2x more expensive than LV
  • Although not released at exactly the same time JMK and LV are a pair of GLs released in the same batch. I would expect them to beat each other, and beat older GLs.

I would agree if the investment (requirements) for LV was on the same level but clearly it is not.

Really? 2 more R8 toons, yeah tough. But Wat Tambor is a locked gate for many. And Nego, and GK. LV is whale unlockable with no gates like those in the way. Yes GAS is a tough event, but you end up with GAS too. True GAS does have some GET2 required but no where near the time lock of Wat plus nego.

For someone who could reasonably get either JMK or LV I don't see a massive difference. And I see JMK as a long time player earned toon vs LV who could just be bought by some rich person.

I prefer not to give the rich people just a win button that no one else can do anything about.
  • Meta's aren't supposed to go backwards
  • For arena jmk was the reigning meta, over time counters were found that were manageable
    Lv is not the same, he is far easier to beat than the rest currently
    It's not about making him unbeatable, it's about making him equal as jmk
    With he is currently no where near it
  • I see a lot of people complaining about the 1 fleet meta, but here are people crying out for a 1 squad meta.

No thanks.

Really? 2 more R8 toons, yeah tough. But Wat Tambor is a locked gate for many. And Nego, and GK. LV is whale unlockable with no gates like those in the way. Yes GAS is a tough event, but you end up with GAS too. True GAS does have some GET2 required but no where near the time lock of Wat plus nego.

For someone who could reasonably get either JMK or LV I don't see a massive difference. And I see JMK as a long time player earned toon vs LV who could just be bought by some rich person.

I prefer not to give the rich people just a win button that no one else can do anything about.

It's also the rich people who keep this game playable for you, shouldn't they get a little leg up?
  • I see a lot of people complaining about the 1 fleet meta, but here are people crying out for a 1 squad meta.

No thanks.

Must be a f2p'er
  • It's not even so much that they are disappointing, it'd having to pull Vader off empire, piett off troopers and breaking two other teams and still barely if you even win. JMK can plug and play so many toons and beat anything situational but LV needs heavy investment and you use Maul to just increase CAT CD just to hope you can got 1v5 with enough time to not timeout. He needs a locked buff immunity affect and LV would be fantastic. Stuck behind GK because you can't get around taunt as a GL is just sad as well. He was awesome in TB that was already on farm and should be good in GC but meta , nah.
  • Maul is dead weight. Jmk is still supreme
  • zatchy wrote: »
    Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.

I’m end game player so of course I got him and maul, but yea when I think of all the relic mats I used for him it is very disheartening.

I mean he is a gl and he beats stuff, but like with see, his kit is intended to sacrifice everyone else just long enough until he ramps up damage and can kill everything.

Boring GL and easy to counter for pvp; he is fun in pve however.
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    It's not even so much that they are disappointing, it'd having to pull Vader off empire, piett off troopers and breaking two other teams and still barely if you even win. JMK can plug and play so many toons and beat anything situational but LV needs heavy investment and you use Maul to just increase CAT CD just to hope you can got 1v5 with enough time to not timeout. He needs a locked buff immunity affect and LV would be fantastic. Stuck behind GK because you can't get around taunt as a GL is just sad as well. He was awesome in TB that was already on farm and should be good in GC but meta , nah.

I haven’t tried it yet but I bet you can win lv maul and 3 tanks, thereby preventing you from having to break up teams. Lv’s gameplay in pvp seems to be similar to see, where you just need to live until he Ramps up and solos everything

• What do you feel is not working?
  • Maul isn't that bad really, Lord Vader is just an uninspired snoozefest of a GL.