[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Prev13456715
Ultra
11423 posts Moderator
edited October 2021
DEV POST
Hi Holotable Heroes,

In this Road Ahead we are going to cover a number of upcoming changes for Galaxy of Heroes over the next several months. Our next Title Update is almost here (rolling out later today as a matter of fact) and with it brings a number of big changes to Galaxy of Heroes such as the start of Phase 1 of the Gear changes, Conquest 10, Mode Specific abilities, updated login calendars and our Anniversary. Check out the video below for an overview or read on for the details!

UPDATE ON THE GEAR CHANGES
This week’s Title Update kicks off Phase 1 of the Gear changes. Many of the items discussed in the State of the Gear-laxy will go in effect with the Update and the rest will roll out over the next month or so. Our goal is that players feel a noticeable change in their daily, weekly and monthly Gear flows and speed up all player’s ability to dive deeper into the Relic system. The following changes are coming very soon and are part of this week’s update!

Daily Quest Changes
Your Daily Quest to play in different parts of the game will now have a new slot for Core Gear. In addition to the other items you normally receive, you will now also collect 4-7 of these Salvages when obtaining the Daily Prize Box. Daily Quests will now also drop one of the following Gear items with an equal probability:
  • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
  • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage
  • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
  • Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
  • Mk 8 Biotech Implant Component

Weekly Gear Challenges
g5c9vvsnv3gy.png
The second change in this Title Update to Gear comes from the three weekly Gear Challenges that occur 3 times per week. TAC needed a bit more love than the others so it has 2 items:
TAC GEAR CHALLENGE:
  • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage
  • Mk 8 Biotech Implant Component
AGI GEAR CHALLENGE:
  • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuff Salvage
STR GEAR CHALLENGE:
  • Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage

Galactic Challenge Rewards
Prize boxes below the max reward will be increased in all Galactic Challenges moving forward. The max rewards remain approximately the same, but the ramp up of rewards to those max rewards will be less steep in order to boost rewards for newer and mid-level players.

What’s Next For Phase 1
While this week’s Title Update starts the process of the Gear Changes, we still have many more adjustments to come. In Phase 1 we still have changes to hard node Gear drop rates, Territory Battle reward flattening, and adding in a new dedicated slot in the Shard Shop that only provides Core Gear. Once those are complete, we will begin speaking to what Phase 2 encompasses in the near future.

New Feature: Special Login Calendars
One of the first things you will notice with this Title Update is a change to something you see everyday when you login to the game, the Login Calendar! We’ve revamped the Login Calendar UI and now additional calendars can be activated for extra daily rewards. These Login Calendars can be free or purchasable and may coincide with special occasions or monthly themes.

Just like the current Login Calendar, you can start collecting rewards from the beginning regardless of what day you start but you will need to collect all the rewards before the expiration date. Some Login Calendars will have a tighter timetable to receive all of the rewards (Like the monthly login calendar), while others will be more flexible. You can activate multiple at a time and gather rewards from each calendar every day.

Don’t forget to login each day to collect your rewards!
vnnmhn6sy80a.png

Mode Specific Characters and Abilities
The next Title Update marks the release of the first character with Mode Specific Abilities in Galaxy of Heroes. New units (more on who that is in a moment) and some existing characters will have a new tier added to their abilities that boosts those units to the next level in a specific mode. This new type of ability tier will require a unique material called, Omicrons.

Omicrons add utility to characters in specific modes of the game, which we detail when we discuss mode-specific abilities. They will actually bring older characters into greater relevance by increasing their abilities to be on par with more powerful units; the power of these new Mode Specific abilities can vary from legendary levels of power, and in rare cases, all the way up to rivaling Galactic Legends in their specific mode. The Omicron tier will be above the unit’s Zeta tier ability (if a Zeta is present).

Omicrons are available primarily as rewards from Galactic Challenges, but a small amount can also be earned in Conquest and from Cantina nodes. Weekly Shipments will also provide Omicrons for Shard Shop currency. These are initial sources for Omicrons as we build up a library of characters with mode specific abilities

While many upcoming characters will have mode specific abilities, existing characters will also be reworked in future updates to also have new abilities that are tied to different modes in the game. The following characters will be given an additional tier of Mode Specific Abilities over the next several updates. (Approximately 2 per update after this Title Update):
  • Rose Tico
  • Captain Phasma
  • Rebel Officer Leia Organa
  • Darth Sidious
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Zam Wesell
  • Chief Chirpa
  • Chief Nebit
  • Imperial Probe Droid
  • Hera Syndulla
We chose these characters because they were either used to unlock a Galactic Legend and had less utility in the game than the other required units or belong to an underused faction.

Conquest 10
Conquest 10 is coming to Galaxy of Heroes and with it a whole host of changes. In honor of the new Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, Conquest 10, 11, and 12 will be Bounty Hunter themed! There are new Feats, and Bosses related to Bounty Hunters, along with new Data Disks and consumables to spice up the experience.
677qu30vu2tt.png

Boba Fett, Scion of Jango is the first character to have mode specific abilities, like Dangerous Reputation, which greatly boosts himself and his squad's effectiveness in Territory Wars. Boba Fett, Scion of Jango uses his Momentum during battle to grant his abilities additional effects and take down enemy squads with ruthless efficiency. You do not want to get between Boba Fett and his quarry. Check out his kit and the Developer Insights for more information.

With Boba Fett, Scion of Jango as the newest Conquest prize, Maul will followed the Conquest character cadence as Commander Ahsoka Tano:
  • Shards reduced in End-of-Event prizes; Normal Rank 2 prize now contains 5 shards.
  • Conquest Currency cost reduced from 105 to 95 per shard
  • Shards added to Wandering Scavengers in Sector Normal-4
  • Crystal purchases added to Wandering Scavengers
Commander Ahsoka Tano will follow Razorcrest and is no longer in End of Event prizing
  • Commander Ahsoka Tano shards will be available in Shipments and added to the Conquest Store
7e1yfbb2agxs.png

Next up for Conquest is Easy Mode. Easy mode is intended to make Conquest something that all Level 85 Players can participate in. Encounters and feats have been reworked to create a fitting adventure for players who can't achieve victory on Normal difficulty. You will not be required to beat Easy if you have participated in Normal or Hard difficulties in previous Conquest events.
d41ydujwallw.png

At the other end of the spectrum in Hard Mode, a new special path has been added to the map. This path offers additional Data Disks and some increased rewards for Players that choose to take this one way route. Players will be able to exit this at any time but can only enter it at the start of each map.
vd2kmkfrsaqc.png

Special Event Passes will be available for Conquest 10. The Conquest Pass includes an additional reward track containing even more rewards. These rewards include a small number of shards of the Conquest character to help catch players up if they miss a few along their journey or for players who want to use some of their Conquest Currency elsewhere. (Note that this will not allow players to unlock the unique Conquest unit before 3 runs of Conquest)
yk7gzqk8e01l.png

The Conquest Pass+ provides the same bonus reward track as the regular Conquest Pass but also includes other benefits that will help you master this Conquest:
  • Bonuses to Stamina recharge rates
  • Bonuses to Conquest Energy recharge rates
  • Free swapping of Data Disks

In addition to these changes, we have made several updates to the balance and structure of the map. We have heard your feedback on Feats and this map's configuration will shift to having more Combat Nodes overall and less of an emphasis on Feats.

Ready to take on the galaxy? Conquest 10 begins November 1st!

Galaxy of Heroes Turns 6 Years Old!
And last but certainly not least, we will be celebrating 6 years of Galaxy of Heroes on November 21st! As always, we have a special inbox with some fun goodies, along with a new title, and portrait. We also have several days of double drops on various parts of the Cantina and a free login calendar with even more Gear, shards and other resources.

Double Drop Dates:
  • All Light Side battles are rewarding double drops on November 17th and 18th
  • All Dark Side battles are rewarding double drops on November 19th and 20th!
  • All Mod battles are rewarding double drops on November 21st and 22nd!
  • All Fleet battles are rewarding double drops on November 23rd and 24th!
  • All Cantina battles are rewarding double drops on November 25th and 26th!

Inbox:
Portrait: hvzi648s69e7.png
  • Title: Head Clanker
  • Clone Wars Chewbacca x3
  • Ability Material Zeta x25
  • Ability Material Omega x15
  • Omega Character Shards x5
  • Hunter Character Shards x5
  • Tech Character Shards x5
  • Wrecker Character Shards x5
  • Echo (Bad Batch) Character Shards x5
  • Credits x1,000,000
  • Ship Building Materials x1,000,000
  • Mk 7 Kyrotech Shock Prod Prototype Salvage x30
  • Mk 9 Kyrotech Battle Computer Prototype Salvage x30
  • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array x2
  • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype x2
  • Mk 6 Arakyd Droid Caller x2
  • Mk 8 BioTech Implant x2
  • Fragmented Signal Data x40
  • Incomplete Signal Data x20
  • Carbonite Circuit Board x100
  • Bronzium Wiring x80
  • Chromium Transistor x20
  • Mk 1 Bonding Pin x60
  • Mk 1 Fusion Disk x60
  • Mk 1 Power Flow Control Chip x60
  • Mk 1 Fusion Coil x60
  • Mk 1 Amplifier x60
  • Mk 1 Capacitor x60
  • Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module x15
  • Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit x10
  • Mk 2 Variable Resistor x10
  • Mk 2 Pulse Modulator x25
  • Mk 2 Micro Processor x10

Wrapping Up
Thanks for reading and we hoped you enjoyed the Road Ahead video. A huge thank you to all the players in Galaxy of Heroes and an extra shout out to all of you who have been here for almost 6 years! The crazy part is this isn’t even everything coming over the next 3 months. We have more in store for you as we move on from the Clone Wars era of content and on to something you’ll never expect…

Stay tuned to the forums for the next Title Update and we will see you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

Replies

• First!

And the conquest pass is selling the solution for conquest over correction from 7-9…joy
  • If you liked Conquest before, you'll really love paying $30 to get 25% faster energy and stamina regeneration plus data disk swapping.
  • Can we get a summary of what the extras are for buying the pass compared to not buying?
  • Create previously non-existent problem and sell the solution. Lovely.
    I thought CG didn't like players going too fast through Conquest. What a bunch of lies.
  • Oh wow. $20 extra for a 25% stamina regeneration? Maybe I'm in a minority, but my problem with conquest was that it was too grindy and overall lacked in everything "fun". Honestly, I'd probably spend $20 extra and hire someone to do the whole conquest for me rather than what they are selling. Gotta see everything inside to see if even the $10 is worth it for the basic pass. Doesn't matter to me, not spending any money on this game until things actually become entertaining for me.
  • Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.
  • I just wanted to say: kudos to @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI for getting things to sync up at the end there. I can only imagine how many versions ended up on the cutting room floor.

(In fact, overall this presentation was really great. Irrespective of my feelings on the changes, which are... let's say "mixed".... this was really well put together and I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in to making these Road Aheads more engaging.)
  • Well now that I’ve locked in the first comment, time for the review. I’m sure @Kyno is dying to find out my take (sarcasm?)

Anyway…

Gear Changes:

Yes, yes and yes. Bravo! This looks very promising and should make getting to G12 much easier for all the older toons prior to Kyro since all new characters demand that too before G12. Hopefully phase 2 addresses this. Glad to see dedicated spots for this core gear coming to stores, daily rewards and of course daily challenges.

Omicrons:
    I’m luke warm in this. I like the idea of abilities buffing up characters in certain game modes and don’t mind the release method. I really hope this isn’t going to be made for sale right away. When zeta abilities came out it was perfect as everyone was on equal footing in gathering them and had to be careful in who got them. If they can be bought day one I won’t be favorable to these at all really.

DB Boba:
    Not surprised he’s a conquest character. Legendary would’ve been nice since we haven’t gotten one in ages but it could’ve been worse I guess. Speaking of conquest…..

Conquest 10 and the conquest pass:
    This is my biggest issue. I mean are you kidding me? First there doesn’t seem to be a free path. Every other game has a free path and premium path. Why there’s a $10 and then $30 path is beyond me.
    Also, you’re giving more conquest character shards for purchase…ummm ok? Why? How much more are you guys planning to monetize conquest?

I’m curious to see the “hard” path and what it offers. A little more detail would be nice but hey, only a few days till we find out?

Also what are these changes regarding combat vs feat nodes? Did you guys increase ticket value for 3* the node? Did you guys rework the amount of times we have to replay battles with X faction or apply X debuff/buff? This is a bit vague and with zero changes to energy refresh, data disk swap, energy cost per node, and stamina refresh I just don’t see what positives are coming to conquest 10 and beyond. I think it’s insanely ridiculous that there’s no free path for the battle pass and that the perks to make conquest less of a grind are $30. I mean really? Way to make conquest worse and have us pay to fix your mistakes. That’s just despicable in my mind. Big fat F on the conquest changes as they stand. Hopefully I’m wrong and things are better but I don’t see anything making it better without having to drop big money.

Overall:
    Gear changes are good. Omicron looks interesting so long as there aren’t packs on day 1 and are like Zeta’s initially. DB Fett looks awesome. Conquest looks like the dumpster fire will continue.
  • I actually think these are all fairly positive changes. We will see how many changes they actually made to conquest feats vs battles to see if it is as grindy as it was. I don't necessarily see this as a create problem and sell solution to it unless they really didn't do anything to ease the grind on the feats.
  • Kyno wrote: »

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.
  • Great stuff on gear changes, including the multiple calendars that give further incentives to people who play every day. Should make it faster to take characters up to relic.
    Adding the new ability materials to Galactic Challenges is a good idea, further incentivizing building diverse rosters and giving decent rewards to a mode that doesn't really give much.
    As a F2P player (and Normal level conquest player I guess) the Conquest Pass won't be relevant for me, but apparently this shouldn't change the rewards I currently get from conquest. Time to start gearing up those Bounty Hunters to get more rewards over the next 3 months!
    I do wish they'd make it easier to get older conquest characters, maybe allowing us to select if we want shards for the new character or one of the older ones. I'll have no use for the ~60 Boba shards I'll have in 3 months, but if I could convert them to CAT shards, then we're in business.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would mean you cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.
  • We were told that CAT will be moving down to RC position, but what is happening to RC? Will they just both be next to each other for same price? Will RC get a cost reduction? Will it be on a node? Will it be unavailable?
  • Phase 1 gear changes - good
    New calendars - neat idea
    Mode specific abilities - I dig it, even if it does require another currency
    BFSJ - give me all the characters
    Conquest 10 - meh, if it’s still playing against the same teams over and over again, I’ll just keep playing it with whatever energy builds up the way I have the last 2
    Passes - see above
    Anniversary stuff - looks great

All in all, a good RA and I mostly like the changes, but YMMV and to each their own.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

This is my biggest issue. I mean are you kidding me? First there doesn’t seem to be a free path. Every other game has a free path and premium path. Why there’s a $10 and then $30 path is beyond me.
    Also, you’re giving more conquest character shards for purchase…ummm ok? Why? How much more are you guys planning to monetize conquest?

I don't find an issue with conquest pass

The rewards they showed were meh, and they said everyone will still unlock Boba in 3 conquests, not sooner
  • Dear CG,
    Delete scamquest, it is obvious that NOBODY likes it and your robbing people of their favorite characters. You are already robbing iconic characters (JKL and Vader) make more journeys. People play this game to relive their favorite moments of Star Wars not to just get bad news every day.
    #justiceforbobaandcat!
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

I think you need to reevaulate your understanding of "paywall" mate.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »
    I...

What-

I don't... I don't hate this.

I'm confused. A good update? CG, are you guys feeling ok?

Careful, they will start to call you a shill.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I don't find an issue with conquest pass

The rewards they showed were meh, and they said everyone will still unlock Boba in 3 conquests, not sooner

From what we see. That’s why I’m saying at first look. If they made enough changes of combat vs feat ticket collection then ok. But at first glance it looks really bad. I wish they went into more detail on the conquest changes because it seems like the proposed ideas by the community of energy and stamina regeneration or usage is now being monetized too make it easier on you for $30 a month. That’s just ridiculous and the most blatant “crest the problem, sell the solution”
  • The fact that we don’t have 6 CW Chewie shards for the 6 years anniversary is outrageous.
  • th3evo wrote: »

I’m no defender of Kyno or CG but it’s not a paywall. It’s overmonetization sure, but paywall is what JKR was or similar characters. Where you had to pay to get him unlocked the first go around. You don’t have to pay to still beat conquest.

Now if you want to say the solution to conquest 7-9’s issues of stamina and energy is paywalled, then you’re right.
  • th3evo wrote: »
    Create previously non-existent problem and sell the solution. Lovely.
    I thought CG didn't like players going too fast through Conquest. What a bunch of lies.

They don't want you going through conquest too fast FOR FREE
  • A suggestion would be to give out a free Conquest Pass+ to each player for the upcoming conquests. Why?! Because of all the game breaking bugs relating to feats and disks in the 7-9 conquests, so unless you’ve already planned some other make good on that this would be a sign of good faith from CG. As an added bonus for CG some players who otherwise wouldn’t buy these might actually get an appetite for these passes and start buying them afterwards. I’ve heard it’s a good way to get customers hooked on a new product by giving out the first samples for free.
  • giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47y2074sev1pacmu8203aeb1iy0kxkhwxr3i2bee67&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno wrote: »

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

Paywall means locking something (in this case more rewards) behind a purchase. You can't access those additional rewards without spending money. That's what paywall is.
    It doesn't matter that the base Conquest is free. They've added a paywall for additional rewards. It's like a news article where part of it is available to the public (red conquest box) but the rest is available only to subscribers (conquest pass).
  • As an early game f2p, I’m ok with this.
    Obviously gear changes won’t fix the crunch, but it’s a start.
    Indifferent towards login calendars, it just seems like something nice for the krakens.
    Mode specifics seem like a nice way to make characters more relevant, as long as they’re not too OP and they don’t affect the arenas. At least Omicrons are mostly from Galactic Challenges and not something like cPit lol.
    Kinda disappointed that Boba isn’t a legendary event, but whatever.
    Conquest easy mode is a godsend for me. Finally, I can be bored as hell with the other kids.
    Battle pass is pretty much what I expected.
    Liking the 6 year rewards though. Grievous pfp is nice, and mmmmm all those free zetas, gear, and relic mats.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.