LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

• The biggest issue with the JMK team when using LV and Maul is the maddening amount of cleanse power the team has. A unit cleanses if they trigger the savior, mass cleanse when JMK ults, cleanse when JMK targets them, GK has a mass cleanse...

If LV's Dark Harbinger applied the debuffs in a semi-locked state like KRU's stun, that might make things a bit easier on offense. You hit GK with it, apply the BI and HI, knock him to 1 HP, trigger savior, and instead of him jumping to 50% health and protection with 50% protection up for his troubles, he'd just stay at 1 health and be killed on the next attack.

Being stonewalled by GK is very aggravating. A 4/5 year old unit heavily impeding the latest GL release.
  • Honestly, Maul isn’t so bad, he ramps up and does good damage, CD increase is fine… I think he just highlights how weak LV is as a GL. If they were going to do anything, CG could always just buffs his stats to high heavens but I think a tweak of his 3 moves is all that is needed, especially when in Ult. I’d have it as follows.

On his basic, I’d keep the deal damage again at 30 stacks but then have him damage again at 60 stacks instead of when in ultimate. Then, when is Ult, he attacks again just like his GAS counterpart. Keep in mind that the damage of this move of pretty atrocious until late in battle so this is a way to make it a bit better and later in battle, scary.

On Dark Harbinger, he needs a massive damage increase and honestly, have it mirror JMK to an extent. Instead of +20% damage on subsequent uses up to 100%, have it +50% damage up to 250%. For the ultimate version, have it double physical damage, sea true damage, dispel all buffs in target enemy and buff immunity cannot be cleansed.

For Unshackled Emotions, honestly the only thing I’d add is during ultimate, ally Mastery gain is doubled so instead of up to 60% mastery gain, it’s up to 120%.

None of these are insane compare to Kenobi… the basic scales nicely and becomes devastating late in battle (or in raids etc), his first special should ramp up and become something you’re scared to face if he uses it a few times then hits in Ult and the locked buff immunity will help against tanks and the doubled Mastery gain for allies while in Ult is just a nice increase but nothing crazy. These changes would make him fun at least, the basic would hit for up to 6 times in ult but since the damage is mostly low, it ain’t OP, and it would be fun to see how high you could get the first special to hit.
  • Glad we all agree he needs a slight buff.
  • Currently the purpose of Maul is mostly to increase CATs cooldowns and trigger the health/protection regeneration from JMK lead early in the battle. Unfortunately his damage output (true damage and physical damage) is rather disappointing as long as opponents have bonus protection. Btw, it is not true that LV doesn´t deal big damage. In most of the battles I can trigger his Ultimate twice and at that he point he one-shots most JMKs allies. But the battles last to long. So far I had 2 draws because of time out due to JMKs Ultimate being very powerful and basically resetting the battle.

Given the the current mechanics and synergy of the LV squad the Maul AI should focus on CAT each time the cooldown increase can be applied.

Generally speaking, this is the third instalment of "DS GL needs his allies to die in order to ramp up enough damage to solo a squad". While I understand why this approach was chosen for DS GLs it has become stale and I would like to see something new.
  • SDiel wrote: »
    Currently the purpose of Maul is mostly to increase CATs cooldowns and trigger the health/protection regeneration from JMK lead early in the battle.
    Maul increases the CD on CAT and ramps up Vaders stacks super fast. Everything else is gravy. Once I lower CATs CDs, I can place LV on auto and beat any JMK comp. Oddly JML comps are a bit more seat of the pants depending on who the AI marks with JKR.

• LV should prevent annihilates as part of his kit. It doesn't make him OP but it forces teams to cut through RG.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Are we expecting a nerf given he wins SEE with a bunch of crap mandalorians as you did with other toons ?
    Post edited by pånøs on
  • Such a massive resource sink- and just a mediocre GL. Prob my favorite character going into swgoh, and I’m left with a awful feeling. Weeks without Maul- he wasn’t even used in arenas. Maul drops and it barely improved.

Can beat jmk- but rare to see max banners- and it’s a full 5 minute fight. Just meh into JML. But it beats Rey! Woo hoo.

Lesson learned - highest resource cost of any GL and just left with a pit in my stomach after playing him all yesterday.

Yes it’s my opinion. Curious if anyone else feels the same

I agree Meric LV and Maul are a huge resource sink that quite frankly is not worth it imo. LV and maul as of now should be steered clear from better resources spent elsewhere JMK and CAT> LV and Maul by a landslide
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I’ll say one thing… as someone who will soon have all the requirements to get LV and will get Maul next conquest… why oh why didn’t I go for JMK?! And my only other GL is SEE! I might start a thread and whoever I decide of the new GL’s to go for, guaranteed they’ll be the trash ones haha… oh I’m sad.

Go for SLKR. He’s still the best all rounder GL and he uses his own faction and most of his requirements are FO.

Totally agree wish I went for SLKR instead of LV smh
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    SEE, LV, and to some extent Maul are setup characters. The longer they go, the better they do. Which is all well and good, but every other GL is excellent immediately. Especially JMK CAT.

LV is a snowball, but he is more streamlined than SLKR who grows exponentially. Which in and off itself wouldn't be a bad thing, if it weren't for how long he takes to start snowballing. I blame it on how long it takes for Underestimated to stack to 60 and the fact it has a cap in and off itself.

You know, I forgot about SLKR… maybe because he can do a lot even before Siphon goes wild. No one likes a 2 turn Stun to the face. Or almost no one.
  • zatchy wrote: »
    His AI is awful. Overall if they are going to make shiney new toys worse than the previous, what’s the point?

He should be targeting CAT 100% on the time with the CD increase. But instead it’s random?

Completely agree. Why on earth would that feature of him be left to random. Why bother spending all that time and money??? I dont see the value.
  • Oh wow.. LV + Maul. I thought i would be smart when skipping JMK and going for LV.
    Sheesh how wrong I was.
    They suck, true I dont have ult ability for LV, but honestly they really suck.
    JMK is better on every corner.
  • M1hkel0 wrote: »
    Oh wow.. LV + Maul. I thought i would be smart when skipping JMK and going for LV.
    Sheesh how wrong I was.
    They suck, true I dont have ult ability for LV, but honestly they really suck.
    JMK is better on every corner.

So you're sending in a GL that is completely relying on stalling the battle to get off several ultimates to feed off his allies mastery to ramp up in power against the current arena meta GL without his ultimate and expect some magic to happen? And because that didn't work they suck now?
    This forum never ceases to amaze me.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    It’s great how all the LV/Maul stuff was moved here so that it’s less likely to be seen by doja / devs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SemiGod wrote: »
    It’s great how all the LV/Maul stuff was moved here so that it’s less likely to be seen by doja / devs.

Its not.

They are aware of the sentiment and as always will monitor the situation.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    bdwqjvoxw841.jpeg

Nice
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    bdwqjvoxw841.jpeg

Nice

Just like how it worked itself out with SEE! Oh wait... Oh no
  • ChemDaik
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    CG, why does Maul not 100% target CAT and why does Piett not 100% open with a mark on LV? I don't even have LV and I'm genuinely disappointed by how easily I'm beating him with JMK.

Are you guys serious? Do you guys just dislike DS teams? I don't understand how you could make JMK AI smart enough to always pass the cooldown decrease to CAT and have her always kill shot someone, but you can't do something similar for a DS team.

Before that, you made JMK AI smart enough to always pass the buff to the tank so they had perma damage immunity. I'm genuinely wondering if you guys don't think to test this stuff or if you just have a vendetta against DS arena teams.

Please fix that. I'd like to stop winning with 5 toons still standing vs the newest meta.

Thanks.
  • They even buffed JMK when he already already doing excellent in arena so it’ll be hilarious if they deem LV x Maul as WAI
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They even buffed JMK when he already already doing excellent in arena so it’ll be hilarious if they deem LV x Maul as WAI

Who said it is WAI?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They even buffed JMK when he already already doing excellent in arena so it’ll be hilarious if they deem LV x Maul as WAI

Who said it is WAI?

Nobody did, hence the
    If they deem LV x Maul as WAI

Probably just misread what I was writing lol : p
  • DelCastles wrote: »
    Use lv maul and 3 tanks; don’t spam maul second special just keep it close to 5 stacks to constantly increase cool downs; make your squad more tanky lv is basically see 2.0; you just need to make it to second ult and then he Kills everything even if it’s like 3/4 vs him
    Make more Tanky as in add more tanks? What is your setup?

I’ve won using lv maul rg shore +piett/Gideon/vader anyone

I think the best team right now if you wanna use him in arena is the one everyone runs; lv maul piett rg vader. The 3 tank option (or 2 tanks + Gideon) is nice for like tw when you don’t wanna break up teams but tbh I almost time out every round.

Lv is fun but he sucks lol
  • I think the biggest problem with Ds gls is that the supporting characters suck; cat insta kills, gives offense buff from unique (or health, idk I don’t remember maybe it’s both who knows) and swaps tm, then you got gas. Ds has....?
  • I think the biggest problem with Ds gls is that the supporting characters suck; cat insta kills, gives offense buff from unique (or health, idk I don’t remember maybe it’s both who knows) and swaps tm, then you got gas. Ds has....?

Hey, they have Darth Vader who was amazing… until he wasn’t… oh boy
  • Jmk- always uses hello there on cat to start a match- so she can nuke an enemy right out of the gate.

Why does maul not target Cat with his cooldown reduction on the first turn ?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jmk- always uses hello there on cat to start a match- so she can nuke an enemy right out of the gate.

Why does maul not target Cat with his cooldown reduction on the first turn ?

It's a good idea, and we have seen targeting moves like that.

Will it actually make this stick on d?