[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• $30 better bringing some really good gear and character shards. I think they’d make more money if it was not conquest specific and was more focused on overall game progression such as zetas, GET, character shards, gear ect.
  • What do the CAT changes mean? im 125/330 on normal conquest, and i'll be getting JMK in about 3 months, does this mean i wont be able to farm those 205 CAT shards left from anywhere but crystals and wandering merchants? What about RC? Do i have to wait for a whole year to get them just because i wasnt at the endgame when they launched?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tintguy wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Create previously non-existent problem and sell the solution. Lovely.
    I thought CG didn't like players going too fast through Conquest. What a bunch of lies.

They don't want you going through conquest too fast FOR FREE

That has always been the case, you couldn't go too fast for free.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Jimbo7 wrote: »
    What do the CAT changes mean? im 125/330 on normal conquest, and i'll be getting JMK in about 3 months, does this mean i wont be able to farm those 205 CAT shards left from anywhere but crystals and wandering merchants? What about RC? Do i have to wait for a whole year to get them just because i wasnt at the endgame when they launched?

You can farm CAT from wandering scavenger, and the conquest store for crystals. 3 months later she will disappear for 3 months and then be farmable somewhere.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well now that I’ve locked in the first comment, time for the review. I’m sure @Kyno is dying to find out my take (sarcasm?)

Conquest 10 and the conquest pass:
    This is my biggest issue. I mean are you kidding me? First there doesn’t seem to be a free path. Every other game has a free path and premium path. Why there’s a $10 and then $30 path is beyond me.
    I sure was.

Also just for some clarity here.

$30 pack is "both packs"

10 pack can be upgraded to the + for the difference, if someone wants to do that.

Just FYI.
  • th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

Paywall means locking something (in this case more rewards) behind a purchase.

This is ‘buying’. When most people use ‘paywall’, it means you can’t access what’s behind the wall anywhere else. Every reward given by ‘Premium Conquest’ is available somewhere else in the game for no money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jimbo7 wrote: »
    What do the CAT changes mean? im 125/330 on normal conquest, and i'll be getting JMK in about 3 months, does this mean i wont be able to farm those 205 CAT shards left from anywhere but crystals and wandering merchants? What about RC? Do i have to wait for a whole year to get them just because i wasnt at the endgame when they launched?

CAT you will be able to get her from the store still.
    RC, I'm not sure I will ask.

9 months, as its 1 year from her release for the next method of getting Conquest shards.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well now that I’ve locked in the first comment, time for the review. I’m sure @Kyno is dying to find out my take (sarcasm?)

Conquest 10 and the conquest pass:
    This is my biggest issue. I mean are you kidding me? First there doesn’t seem to be a free path. Every other game has a free path and premium path. Why there’s a $10 and then $30 path is beyond me.
    I sure was.

Also just for some clarity here.

$30 pack is "both packs"

10 pack can be upgraded to the + for the difference, if someone wants to do that.

Just FYI.

Yeah I figured that the $30 got both and I want clear there, my bad. But still, I think a free pass and a $10 would’ve been much more fair IMO and they should’ve revamped the stamina regen/usage for everyone, not force a $30 fee per conquest.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Gotta love that Rose Tico makes the upgrade list and Mace doesn't. Lol.

The gear changes look pretty positive. Double drops and anniversary gift are always appreciated too.

Conquest passes I'm a bit nervous about, since I've been able to clear every conquest on Hard so far, with ever-increasing crystal investments.As long as I'm still able to complete it without buying a pass, then I'm okay with it, but the upward creep of conquest lately doesn't fill me with much hope for that.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Not a fan of the Battle Pass+. As has been said, creating a problem and selling the solution. Which sucks, a lot, because it feels like spending an extra $20 to get back to Conquest 1-6 level of difficulty, and that free Data Disk swaps aren’t going to happen. FTP Hard-mode Conquest is just as grindy as ever.

Other than that… I like this. The $10 Battle Pass seems like a decent value, especially if it saves your Conquest Currency from the eternal Conquest Character grind. Omicrons are widely available, going to other characters and places, and seem pretty promising. Gear for us all is great. More login type rewards sounds great. It sounds pretty good overall.

No FTP Conquest changes sours it though.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    $30 better bringing some really good gear and character shards. I think they’d make more money if it was not conquest specific and was more focused on overall game progression such as zetas, GET, character shards, gear ect.

Sounds like the paid Reward Calenders fill this slot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kalidor wrote: »

The gear changes look pretty positive. Double drops and anniversary gift are always appreciated too.

Conquest passes I'm a bit nervous about, since I've been able to clear every conquest on Hard so far, with ever-increasing crystal investments.As long as I'm still able to complete it without buying a pass, then I'm okay with it, but the upward creep of conquest lately doesn't fill me with much hope for that.

First round of focused was on suring up factions and GL requirements. More to come....maybe mace will have his day........maybe...
  • Super disappointing that Boba, Scion of bla bla doesn't have a Mandalorian tag. He is the son (actual, literal clone) of a Mandalorian, making him a Mandalorian by blood. Him "not saying it on the show" is a **** excuse not to give him his heritance tag.

First round of focused was on suring up factions and GL requirements. More to come....maybe mace will have his day........maybe...

Mace is a JMK requirement… but point taken.

Plus I’d hope Mace Windu gets a true Rework instead of just getting a buff in Territory Battles or something.
  • I see a nightsister getting an omicron buff for challenge tier 3 assault battle, maybe old daka being completely immune to crits and debuffs in PvE :smiley:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Plus I’d hope Mace Windu gets a true Rework instead of just getting a buff in Territory Battles or something.

Yes, I know. There is more to come, but jedi and GR are some of the factions that need the least amount of help at the moment.

I hope that for him and others too.
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Yes, I know. There is more to come, but jedi and GR are some of the factions that need the least amount of help at the moment.

I hope that for him and others too.

You have Jedi in one hand. GR in the other. Now put your hands together for GR Jedi and that specific faction needs help lol
  • My usual complaint, the price point prices me out of the pass+ almost definitely. I just can’t see enough reward being given to justify it. I have no problem in general with passes but it amazes me how much cg thinks things should cost. I just can’t believe their data points to 30 being the optimized price point.

Overall think this is a good RA but that can change once we learn all the specifics.
  • Pingu_MR_I wrote: »
    Super disappointing that Boba, Scion of bla bla doesn't have a Mandalorian tag. He is the son (actual, literal clone) of a Mandalorian, making him a Mandalorian by blood. Him "not saying it on the show" is a **** excuse not to give him his heritance tag.

Boba had no interest in his Mandalorian heritage. Much like Ahsoka turned away from the Jedi / Maul the Sith / the Mandalorian on Bounty-Hunting. He only used it to convince Mando he had a legitimate claim to his armor.

And Jango was a Foundling. It’s not by blood. It probably could be there, but Boba would much rather be a Bounty Hunter.
  • It sounds like the + part of it just makes it easier to get through it, you’ll need fewer crystal refreshes as it’ll generate quicker and you get to move disks for free. If there’s no extra gear or anything it seems quite expensive, unless I’m missing something?
  • I feel like the Road Ahead video was entirely needless because it dumbs down to them repeatedly saying "Hey, new thing coming, check the Road Ahead post for details"
  • maybe increase the capacity of the mod inventory!!!!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It sounds like the + part of it just makes it easier to get through it, you’ll need fewer crystal refreshes as it’ll generate quicker and you get to move disks for free. If there’s no extra gear or anything it seems quite expensive, unless I’m missing something?

I believe there is extra stuffs in both.
  • Pingu_MR_I wrote: »
    Super disappointing that Boba, Scion of bla bla doesn't have a Mandalorian tag. He is the son (actual, literal clone) of a Mandalorian, making him a Mandalorian by blood. Him "not saying it on the show" is a **** excuse not to give him his heritance tag.

He’s not mandalorian though. He even tells Mando as such that he gives his allegiance to no one.
    It sounds like the + part of it just makes it easier to get through it, you’ll need fewer crystal refreshes as it’ll generate quicker and you get to move disks for free. If there’s no extra gear or anything it seems quite expensive, unless I’m missing something?

If there is - can we have details so we can make an informed decision?
  • So Conquest is never going to have faster energy regeneration, and never get free disk swaps for f2p or anyone who doesn't want to give CG money. All of that is confirmed by the existence of these passes. What a way to spit in your players' eyes. Do the $30 ppl also get better disk options? Do they get to avoid finding 3 of the same disk on a single node? or 4+ btwn 2 nodes?

Imagine if you paid the $30 and bam, 3 of the same grey disk on the node.

Where's the free side of the battlepass? Or does it not exist? Would be the first battlepass I've seen that doesn't have a free side.

If there is - can we have details so we can make an informed decision?

That information is only available if you purchase the Forum Pass+. Costs $29.99 and all proceeds go into @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI ransom fund to get his Parrot back from Kyno.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

Paywall means locking something (in this case more rewards) behind a purchase.

This is ‘buying’. When most people use ‘paywall’, it means you can’t access what’s behind the wall anywhere else. Every reward given by ‘Premium Conquest’ is available somewhere else in the game for no money.

You can get the same type of rewards somewhere else but you can't get those paywalled rewards.
    If the Conquest didn't have any unique rewards (character shards) and required a purchase to access would you say it's paywalled or not? You can get the relic/gear rewards anywhere else.
  • Read the text version, will watch video later. I like the long over due gear changes, and like SLKR i say “more ! GIVE ME MORE !!!”

outside of that, it’s all sounding good but will have to wait to see it all live to decide if it really is or not. I give this RA a 7 out of 10 (that’s actually a good score lol)
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

No, it does not