[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• I’ve heard it’s a good way to get customers hooked on a new product by giving out the first samples for free.

But the follow up to that is to charge more when the number of addicts has doubled ...
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    kalidor wrote: »
    Gotta love that Rose Tico makes the upgrade list and Mace doesn't. Lol.

The gear changes look pretty positive. Double drops and anniversary gift are always appreciated too.

Conquest passes I'm a bit nervous about, since I've been able to clear every conquest on Hard so far, with ever-increasing crystal investments.As long as I'm still able to complete it without buying a pass, then I'm okay with it, but the upward creep of conquest lately doesn't fill me with much hope for that.

The Rose/Mace thing was the first thing I noticed when I saw that list. Samuel Jackson needs a shotgun for this stuff.😆
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • The change to Conquest of taking out feats and adding more battles sounds bad. Really bad. The first 3 conquests, I was able to get the red box without using any crystals. The last three, I was able to get the 2nd box with minimal crystals by skipping the faction specific feats. I have a feeling this new change will push me even farther down the line by forcing people to spend a lot of crystals (or buying the craptastic pass) in order to even reach the end of p5. If there are more battles and the energy refresh stays the same, then they are forcing you to spend in order to reach the end of P5. Pretty sure if that’s the case that it will be the final straw for me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    el_mago wrote: »

The gear changes look pretty positive. Double drops and anniversary gift are always appreciated too.

Conquest passes I'm a bit nervous about, since I've been able to clear every conquest on Hard so far, with ever-increasing crystal investments.As long as I'm still able to complete it without buying a pass, then I'm okay with it, but the upward creep of conquest lately doesn't fill me with much hope for that.

The Rose/Mace thing was the first thing I noticed when I saw that list. Samuel Jackson needs a shotgun for this stuff. 😆

Right? And Rose already has her special synergy as Rancor fodder.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • So what happens to razorcrest shards on November 1st can you still get them?
  • Jackow wrote: »
    maybe increase the capacity of the mod inventory!!!!!!

Don't disagree with you, but I sure would love a revamped mod management system first.
  • Let's talk about the 25% faster energy regeneration, currently you get 5 points/hour or 6 node attempts/day. +25% will get you 8 node attempts/day. You'll still have to buy energy to hit max crate making the faster regeneration rate more or less irrelevant
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI i was reading this and thinking to myself “man they are really stepping up their game!” I might even forgive them for nerfing Darth Vader but then I get to the “inbox” gift and what do I see? What did I see crumb? During a double drop event, and you give us 3 Clone Wars Chewie shards? 3 Crumb! 3! I’m done with y’all. I really thought y’all had changed but 3 clone wars Chewie shards. I can’t take this abuse anymore.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.
  • I'll also second what an earlier poster pointed out, something CG promised months ago, is a pure win QOL improvement, and takes effectively zero time for them to program (since they've already done it twice)

Make. The. 3. Year. Old. Sith. Raid. Simmable.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    CG: Making data disk swap free would make the choices less meaningful!

Also CG: Pay us some money and you can make your data disk changes meaningless! ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!🤑🤑🤑
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    It sounds like the + part of it just makes it easier to get through it, you’ll need fewer crystal refreshes as it’ll generate quicker and you get to move disks for free. If there’s no extra gear or anything it seems quite expensive, unless I’m missing something?

I believe there is extra stuffs in both.

If there is - can we have details so we can make an informed decision?

We will see them in game, so you can look before you purchase
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

Paywall means locking something (in this case more rewards) behind a purchase.

This is ‘buying’. When most people use ‘paywall’, it means you can’t access what’s behind the wall anywhere else. Every reward given by ‘Premium Conquest’ is available somewhere else in the game for no money.

You can get the same type of rewards somewhere else but you can't get those paywalled rewards.
    If the Conquest didn't have any unique rewards (character shards) and required a purchase to access would you say it's paywalled or not? You can get the relic/gear rewards anywhere else.

To access the game mode? Yes that would be a paywall, as you can't play the game mode without paying.

If you get a free icecream from a restuarant, but have to pay to get sprinkles. Its still a free icecream.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »

The Rose/Mace thing was the first thing I noticed when I saw that list. Samuel Jackson needs a shotgun for this ****. 😆

Right? And Rose already has her special synergy as Rancor fodder.

Maybe Rose's special ability will be for crancor. Something like deals 1,000,000 dmg when used for rancor bait.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

Can you please explain how anything allows a player to unlock the toon in less than 3 runs? That is the stated cadence, isnt it?

Edit to add: any $$ used to upgrade ones roster has the same effect on what are calling "making it easier". That doesnt mean it changes the cadence.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited October 2021

The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

This is ‘buying’. When most people use ‘paywall’, it means you can’t access what’s behind the wall anywhere else. Every reward given by ‘Premium Conquest’ is available somewhere else in the game for no money.

You can get the same type of rewards somewhere else but you can't get those paywalled rewards.
    If the Conquest didn't have any unique rewards (character shards) and required a purchase to access would you say it's paywalled or not? You can get the relic/gear rewards anywhere else.

To access the game mode? Yes that would be a paywall, as you can't play the game mode without paying.

If you get a free icecream from a restuarant, but have to pay to get sprinkles. Its still a free icecream.

I'm not arguing that Conquest isn't free. I'm saying that the additional rewards from Conquest Pass are locked behind a paywall.
    I understood Starslayers comment as - "as long as you can get the same rewards somewhere else for free it's not a paywall".
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Holding out final judgement until I see how Conquest 10 works out, but I feel okay about these changes overall. Improvements for the gear crunch? Good! New abilities for old toons (even with a new mat/currency)? Neat! Multiple calendars? Interesting! Old man Boba Fett? Sure! Big ol' anniversary gift box? Bring it on!
    Conquest 10 is the only question mark - and it sounds like they might have heard us complain about some of the achievements being crazy repetitive, so I'm holding out hope these revisions are good ones. EDIT: Also hoping one can still get a decent reward crate without spending actual money.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

How?

Can you please explain how anything allows a player to unlock the toon in less than 3 runs? That is the stated cadence, isnt it?

Sure, twist my words into something I never said again...
  • th3evo wrote: »

That is not a paywall.

I would say that the game mode is behind a paywall, but not the rewards if they’re not exclusive.
    If conquest pass was needed to unlock Jango Jr in 2 months instead of 3, then having him in 2 months would be behind a paywall.
    Crystals are not behind a paywall, still you can buy them from the store. Paywall means a specific item is out of reach if you don’t pay real money.
    It’s really semantics, if you’re point is that you can’t have those extra stuff without paying, you’re totally right, no argument there. But paywall is not the appropriate term.
  • th3evo wrote: »

That is not a paywall.

I'm not arguing that Conquest isn't free. I'm saying that the additional rewards from Conquest Pass are locked behind a paywall.
    I understood Starslayers comment as - "as long as you can get the same rewards somewhere else for free it's not a paywall".
    Conquest = Pig
    Battle Pass = Lipstick
  • emoore123 wrote: »
    CG: Making data disk swap free would make the choices less meaningful!

Also CG: Pay us some money and you can make your data disk changes meaningless! ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!🤑🤑🤑

This...

Postive gear changes... I applaud that and eagerly wait to see SIGNIFICANT difference down the road.

Creating a horrible game design and then asking for money to bypass it is.... just... unethical in my opinion... Legal.. But entirely a despicable move for "listening" to the Community..
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    A very good update overall. A little bit disappointed that CG’s answer to our complaints with Conquest mode is more monetization only. Monetization is not an issue per se, I guess you guys have bills to pay too but I’m annoyed your only answer is a paywall (don’t bother me with your « it’s not a paywall! », it’s only accessible with money so it’s a paywall, period). A login gift-like for those that play Conquest mode everyday would have been nice, oh well…

Phase 1 of the gear change seems very nice, I’m really pleased with it and very happy a phase 2 will follow up. The update to TAC/AGI/STR is more thannwelcome, thank you for that.

The icing on top of the cake is the omicron update for those characters we hate to relic. That’s unexpected and great (as long as Omikron farming is not a chore…).

I’m impressed overall, good job CG!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Positive Things I Liked:
    1) Not Mentioned - I like that the GAC home screen button now tells you what phase things are in.
    2) Splash Picture
    3) Gear Updates
    4) Making characters/squads relevant in specific game modes, even if it comes with a new material requirement.

Neutral:
    5) Battle Pass - I agree that there should have been a free tier like most of SWGOH's competitors have, but a 10 dollar pricing is not bad. I don't like that QOL upgrades are locked behind money, but as long as I can still get max box it doesn't affect me.

Curious:
    6) What the new hard track will look like and does it include ship battles.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is not a paywall.

Correct paying gets you more stuff in a free game.

It is still not a paywall. Again you can access the game mode and there is nothing exclusive that is being played for.

Paywall is usually something you cannot get otherwise, in your example access to the game mode.
  • While I’m not a huge fan of the whole Battle Pass idea, it’s really just a more direct way of getting rewards that could be gotten through buying crystals, or efficiency that could also be gotten by whaling on Bad Batch or something. Besides Boba shards, everything else should be otherwise attainable.

Really it just depends how many Boba shards there are. Can’t be more than 30 per Conquest or you could unlock him 2 weeks early. Doubt it would be higher than 20. 10-15 would be my guess. We’ll see.
  • How is this ‘’creating a problem and selling the solution’’ ??
    The major problem with conquest is the repetitive grinding. The 30$ pass doesn’t change that at all.
  • Another minor complaint: Darth Vader is the biggest in-your-face character in the new splash screen yet, it’s the character that got hit with the strongest nerf hammer… That’s adding insult to the injury :-/