[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

  • CommanderMime
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    None of this is really surprising to me, but I wish they went a little more in-depth with the Omicron abilities. Just a few questions I have about then are:

    How expensive is the Omicron upgrade tier going to be?
    Will the Omicron tier require zeta mats as well?
    What is the incoming flow of Omicron mats going to look like?
    Can we get the kit touch-ups for these characters before the update drops, or are going to have to wait and see in-game?
    Are all of these initial character touch-ups going to be TW-based, or are some of them going to be for other game modes as well?
  • I think the battle pass is like a pack, just you don't have a random content you get at once, but a known content you have to unlock by playing conquest.
    Nothing to complain for, when they don't reduce the amount of free rewards you got in conquest, but add additional premium rewards. Getting more stuff by paying packs is nothing new.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

    The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

    The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

    What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

    You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

    That is not a paywall.

    Paywall Conquest would meanyou cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

    Paywall means locking something (in this case more rewards) behind a purchase.

    This is ‘buying’. When most people use ‘paywall’, it means you can’t access what’s behind the wall anywhere else. Every reward given by ‘Premium Conquest’ is available somewhere else in the game for no money.

    You can get the same type of rewards somewhere else but you can't get those paywalled rewards.
    If the Conquest didn't have any unique rewards (character shards) and required a purchase to access would you say it's paywalled or not? You can get the relic/gear rewards anywhere else.

    To access the game mode? Yes that would be a paywall, as you can't play the game mode without paying.

    If you get a free icecream from a restuarant, but have to pay to get sprinkles. Its still a free icecream.

    I'm not arguing that Conquest isn't free. I'm saying that the additional rewards from Conquest Pass are locked behind a paywall.
    I understood Starslayers comment as - "as long as you can get the same rewards somewhere else for free it's not a paywall".

    Correct paying gets you more stuff in a free game.

    It is still not a paywall. Again you can access the game mode and there is nothing exclusive that is being played for.

    Paywall is usually something you cannot get otherwise, in your example access to the game mode.

    You can't get additional Conquest Currency otherwise, you get a set limited amount by playing the gamemode but you can't get more anywhere else. However I agree with Starslayer that we are arguing semantics.
    A lot of people wanted CG to improve Conquest rewards but instead we got these additional rewards locked behind a money purchase. I see it as a paywall, you don't. I don't think it really matters what we call it - you still have to pay money for it if you want it.
  • Is there going to be a f2p battle pass for Conquest? Cause it would suck if there never will be.

    As to the rest of this update, I love the gear changes, overdue, maybe, but very helpful nonetheless, Dad bod BF is really nice, so good job on that… hope the upcoming changes equal the hype the developers have.

    Thank you btw, I can see Doja fett and SBCrumb put a lot of effort in to this, much appreciated, nice to see a heart at CG, you too Kyno.
  • The biggest takeaway I got from the video was the repetition of "read the post." Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the video?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    While I’m not a huge fan of the whole Battle Pass idea, it’s really just a more direct way of getting rewards that could be gotten through buying crystals, or efficiency that could also be gotten by whaling on Bad Batch or something. Besides Boba shards, everything else should be otherwise attainable.

    Really it just depends how many Boba shards there are. Can’t be more than 30 per Conquest or you could unlock him 2 weeks early. Doubt it would be higher than 20. 10-15 would be my guess. We’ll see.

    20. To free up Conquest currency, or allow for a little catching up.
  • when will the updates start rolling?
  • Nauros
    5134 posts Member
    Oh, and to break my reputation as a "forum hater" a bit, besides the pass+, the RA is actually fine. Gear changes are welcome and long overdue, omikrons are an interesting way to spice things up and make old characters relevant, regular pass is basically just another pack and the "hardcore path" is finally taking advantage of what Conquest can offer.
  • GrandPalps wrote: »
    Is there going to be a f2p battle pass for Conquest? Cause it would suck if there never will be.

    The battle pass is purely a way for them to make money. There won't be a FTP version ever. Or you could look at it as: there has always been a FTP version up to now. And that same version remains FTP.

    In case you were thinking the only way to get rewards in conquest is with a pass: that is not the case. It appears you will be able to earn the same prize boxes etc as last time with no pass purchase.

    It is stated as an additional reward track. Not the only reward track.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    Oh, and to break my reputation as a "forum hater" a bit, besides the pass+, the RA is actually fine. Gear changes are welcome and long overdue, omikrons are an interesting way to spice things up and make old characters relevant, regular pass is basically just another pack and the "hardcore path" is finally taking advantage of what Conquest can offer.

    If I'm going to have to zeta Rose Tico to apply that Omicron I kind of hope we see at least somewhat of a bump in zeta income (recognizing that we did get a bump when Conquest was introduced).

    Edit: I do think this looks pretty good though. Gear changes are great, TBD on how less feats, more nodes works out in Conquest.
  • I want to know more about the "single path hard". Biggest question for me is : Will there be only one node with only 3 data disk options? Cutting down data disk options by half will be very risky, especially if all 3 can still be the same.
  • I want to know more about the "single path hard". Biggest question for me is : Will there be only one node with only 3 data disk options? Cutting down data disk options by half will be very risky, especially if all 3 can still be the same.

    Didn't it say more rewards and more data discs?
  • Gear changes: YES. My feelings have been said.
    Omicrons: Fine. Let's see how it plays out.
    BFSJ: Yeah. I'm not going to get him, but okay. Pretty good.
    Conquest: This is where the big bulk of criticism comes in. I'll wait for the changes to reveal themselves. The Battlepass, I HATE. No ftp path just makes it a bigger kick in the balls. If no major changes assert themselves, this becomes a "create the problem to sell the solution" situation.
    Overall: 8-10 update. Great changes inbound, but I'll wait for all of them to kick in before passing judgment.
  • This seems generally positive at this point ... I'm still more in a 'wait and see' mode. The extra gear is nice and offsets some of the 'lost' gear from using crystals in Conquest instead of energy to get gear.

    Omicrons could be an interesting new twist to the game ... looking forward to seeing more info there.

    Dad Bod Boba at least looks interesting, but I'm less interested in more toons than improved game play (me, personally), which leads to ...

    Conquest is where I'm definitely in a 'wait and see' ... decreasing the feats sounds good and I could be ok with the trade-off for more combat nodes (not that they're that much more interesting, but should give more team flexibility). More details on the special path and Conquest Pass would have been nice. Overall, it will really depend on what feats they reduced (removed?) and how many extra combat nodes are added. The end result could be either a reduction, or increase, in the time/crystals needed to get to the same point in Conquest rewards. If the grind doesn't get reasonably better (without having to buy the new Conquest Passes), then this will be an overall negative.

    Well, let's wait and see ... it's not that far until the next Conquest ... fingers crossed :)
  • Just got the same bug with my imperial troopers. It’s really frustrating because there’s not much else to do than restarting the game and get 0 point out of it.
  • th3evo wrote: »
    A lot of people wanted CG to improve Conquest rewards but instead we got these additional rewards locked behind a money purchase. I see it as a paywall, you don't. I don't think it really matters what we call it - you still have to pay money for it if you want it.

    They do say "Prize boxes below the max reward will be increased in all Galactic Challenges moving forward." To those of us who cannot make the max reward due to all of the changes in Conquest 7-9, that seems like an improvement.

    Ooops! I thought they were talking about Galactic Conquest. That is where we really wanted to see prize boxes improved below max reward. I don't recall a big outcry regarding Galactic Challenges.

    Oh, well.
  • Link64
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    So among the chief complaints about Conquest were the grind, energy cost, and cost of swapping data disks, all of which are interconnected as of the last set of Conquests.

    Now we see that when CG listens to our feedback, it means they monetized the solution to the problem they created in the first place. Grindquest too grindy for you? Shell out $30 for Payquest instead. Better energy regen, better stamina regen, and free data disk swapping.

    Imagine, a game mode as well received as Conquest is now reduced to a mode where you have to pay for it to be fun or at least less aggravating. And let’s not forget they added an extra hard mode at the same time as the pay-to-win/pay-for-extra-rewards pass.

    Things like this kill my enthusiasm for the game. Conquest was my favorite game mode by far.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I want to know more about the "single path hard". Biggest question for me is : Will there be only one node with only 3 data disk options? Cutting down data disk options by half will be very risky, especially if all 3 can still be the same.

    Hard path will give access to 2 nodes of disc choices, no hard path will mean 1 node of disc choices.
  • I expected a new ability for Darth Vader :c
  • Hieroglyphics
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm so happy to see these gear updates. I saw on a previous announcement that character nodes would be having double drop rates, increased rewards from TW, and raids, more core gear added to guild store, and guild store events as a dedicated slots for core gear, Galactic war rewards reworked to add more rewards. will these changes also come to the game or did they get scrapped?

    Also with the new power level of beyond zeta listed as omnicron will we be likely to see more added availability of zeta's and omegas as well to catch newer to mid tier players up and be ready for the new omnicron mechanics?

    lastly with these gear pieces being more available will the crystal cost from the shop for these selective gears be adjusted to cost less crystals?
    Post edited by Hieroglyphics on
  • Since I liked the update, this is just an idea for CG:

    How about making the first Conquest Pass+ for free? You know, happy anniversary, make-good, we love you guys AND, most important for you, and every single dealer in the world knows this... the first one is always free. If you give the first one for free, when the next Conquest comes around and everyone realizes they'll be getting a lot less (a lot, hopefully not a little) without the pass: profit.

    You're welcome CG.
  • How about fixing bugs first like zealous ambition?
  • JaDW wrote: »
    Since I liked the update, this is just an idea for CG:

    How about making the first Conquest Pass+ for free? You know, happy anniversary, make-good, we love you guys AND, most important for you, and every single dealer in the world knows this... the first one is always free. If you give the first one for free, when the next Conquest comes around and everyone realizes they'll be getting a lot less (a lot, hopefully not a little) without the pass: profit.

    You're welcome CG.

    Why are you giving them ideas?
    Keep going.
  • Monel
    2715 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

    The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

    The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

    What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

    You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

    That is not a paywall.

    Paywall Conquest would mean you cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

    The question that I have is it the same rewards as before but now I get more if I pay?

    For example, last conquest series we could all unlock Maul for free. Will Bob unlock for free or do I have to spend $10 to unlock?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

    The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

    The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

    What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

    You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

    That is not a paywall.

    Paywall Conquest would mean you cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

    The question that I have is it the same rewards as before but now I get more if I pay?

    For example, last conquest series we could all unlock Maul for free. Will Bob unlock for free or do I have to spend $10 to unlock?

    You do not need the BP to unlock the Conquest character in 3 runs. That is the cadence and that has not changed.

    So yes that is my understanding, same rewards, but can pay to get more.
  • Monel
    2715 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

    Disagree on the "craps on ftp". Pretty much craps on everyone. By offering a faster way of completing something just a few weeks after saying we don't want people progressing so quickly is nothing but a money ploy.

    Good on them though, plenty will buy it.
  • Monel
    2715 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    DarthKatk wrote: »
    Giving the players more gear - Yes. Should've happened ages ago.
    Sith Raid sim - where's that?

    The rest - I'm sorry but it's garbage and you just seem intent on pushing more people away.
    You did nothing to ease the grind and dry humping in conquest and it is exactly that when you need to do 14 of the same battles with 5 different teams. Putting Conquest behind a paywall aswell? Wow, just wow. The greed is stong in this one.
    AND NEXT CONQUEST IS STARTING IN NOVEMBER 1!!! Weeeeee! Not like we just had 3 back to back to back Conquests already which resulted in a mass exodus of top tier players. What's a fourth one added straight after that eh?

    The mode specific abilities. Idk who thought of that idea but whoever did or maybe whoever approved that idea should be fired. It is just bad. You give someone a buff for only TW - how the hell are players supposed to test the best comps and counters if the char behaves differently to how he does in arena? Guilds can lose their wars because this "cool touch".

    What Paywall for Conquest? You can play it and get all the same rewards you have been getting without $$.

    You can get more by paying. Just because it's newly added doesn't mean it's not a paywall.

    That is not a paywall.

    Paywall Conquest would mean you cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.

    The question that I have is it the same rewards as before but now I get more if I pay?

    For example, last conquest series we could all unlock Maul for free. Will Bob unlock for free or do I have to spend $10 to unlock?

    You do not need the BP to unlock the Conquest character in 3 runs. That is the cadence and that has not changed.

    So yes that is my understanding, same rewards, but can pay to get more.

    Ok, the $10 pass passes my approval test. Devs, you can sleep well tonight knowing this. However the extra $20 is a scam. Now your nerves will keep you awake! Bwahahaha
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

    How?

    By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

    No it doesn't. You need to read what it does before making embarrassing posts.

    If anything it makes getting the max crate faster but not easier. Nothing in the pass makes the battles easier.

    Battle pass+ is for people who want to complete conquest in a few days rather than the whole 2 week period.
Sign In or Register to comment.