[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• Since the update, when we use QGJ or Ayla in any game mode, we lose all the buttons and have to exit the battle
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Bedo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Phase 1 is all rolling out together then this update goes live.

Which parts are you thinking are not rolling out in this part?

I did my TAC challenge today and it was still the old gear. Do you know when the gear changes will go live in game? Kyno

When the update hits

Is that different than the update I already got? I have the new loading screen and stuff. Are the two separate?

Yes, two different things.

This.

First part of the optional update that is just the visuals. Second part is a forced update and the client side switch. They have to have everything sorted with the app stores first before it can go live.

This is the same with each update but was not really stated the same way as it has been in the past.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Since the update, when we use QGJ or Ayla in any game mode, we lose all the buttons and have to exit the battle

The "special synergy" is already here!
  • Kyno wrote: »

I did my TAC challenge today and it was still the old gear. Do you know when the gear changes will go live in game? Kyno

When the update hits

Is that different than the update I already got? I have the new loading screen and stuff. Are the two separate?

This.

First part of the optional update that is just the visuals. Second part is a forced update and the client side switch. They have to have everything sorted with the app stores first before it can go live.

This is the same with each update but was not really stated the same way as it has been in the past.

So, just changing the visuals broke the buttons in TB?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    nottenst wrote: »

When the update hits

This.

So, just changing the visuals broke the buttons in TB?

There is background data changes too, they are just not live until the push. Doesnt mean they are not there, and can cause issues.
  • How are we supposed to avoid Aayla in TB when it’s random if and where she shows up…
  • Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

There is an issue related to Qui-Gon Jinn and Aayla Secura that potentially causes crashes during battle when they are present. This is related to the crashes we posted about last night in Territory Battles.

We will be implementing a fix later today. In the meantime, please try to avoid battles in which Qui-Gon Jinn and Aayla Secura appear. Once this is resolved, we will be providing players with some resources for the lost battles.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250744/qui-gon-jinn-and-aayla-secura-crashes#latest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    How are we supposed to avoid Aayla in TB when it’s random if and where she shows up…

Its possible to wait on TB attacks until after this update.

If only I had known this last night!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    The amount of people asking about the timing of the gear changes when it's laid out in the RA...

You mean these parts?
    Our next Title Update is almost here (rolling out later today as a matter of fact) and with it brings a number of big changes to Galaxy of Heroes such as the start of Phase 1 of the Gear changes, Conquest 10, Mode Specific abilities, updated login calendars and our Anniversary. Check out the video below for an overview or read on for the details!
    Our goal is that players feel a noticeable change in their daily, weekly and monthly Gear flows and speed up all player’s ability to dive deeper into the Relic system. The following changes are coming very soon and are part of this week’s update!

Daily Quest Changes
    Your Daily Quest to play in different parts of the game will now have a new slot for Core Gear. In addition to the other items you normally receive, you will now also collect 4-7 of these Salvages when obtaining the Daily Prize Box. Daily Quests will now also drop one of the following Gear items with an equal probability:
    Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage
    Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
    Mk 8 Biotech Implant Component

The second change in this Title Update to Gear comes from the three weekly Gear Challenges that occur 3 times per week. TAC needed a bit more love than the others so it has 2 items:
    TAC GEAR CHALLENGE:
    Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage
    Mk 8 Biotech Implant Component
    AGI GEAR CHALLENGE:
    Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuff Salvage
    STR GEAR CHALLENGE:
    Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage

Sounds to me like all those things are supposed to be active in the update. None of them are.

Sounds to me like the update hasn't actually gone through, and anyone that has played / been on the forums for any length of time should know that.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

I did my TAC challenge today and it was still the old gear. Do you know when the gear changes will go live in game? @Kyno

When the update hits

Oh dang. Didn't realize. Thanks!

For bigger title updates it's always a 2 part: 1.) Rolling out the app update 2.) Pushing the actual changes live on the server

The push part will happen later today.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    How are we supposed to avoid Aayla in TB when it’s random if and where she shows up…

You do realize that there is only 10 hours left and not everyone has daytime now, right?
  • Nauros wrote: »

You do realize that there is only 10 hours left and not everyone has daytime now, right?

That's why they also said "Once this is resolved, we will be providing players with some resources for the lost battles."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If only I had known this last night!
    Here, I got you:
    54yat9scitb2.jpg

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes, you realize I was only half serious.
  • PERHAPS more ppl would have had a chance to avoid attacking if you had left at least one thread open debating the issue...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Eldorian wrote: »
    PERHAPS more ppl would have had a chance to avoid attacking if you had left at least one thread open debating the issue...

In GD, there is a dev post pinned, and we have been keeping links to post about this issue when they are moved and recent discussions shows all of them. Debating the issue doesnt need to happen for people to see and be aware of what's going on.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Like most of the update. HATE the fact Boba is another Conquest unlock. He should have been Legendary. And with regards to the battle pass...you can take that crap back CG.

Did you purposely make Conquest a grind so you could implement the battle pass? Sure seems that way.

There is no trust here anymore.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I do now, but it's not exactly clear from written text.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I do now, but it's not exactly clear from written text.

Is it half clear?
    🙃
    I want to know more about the "single path hard". Biggest question for me is : Will there be only one node with only 3 data disk options? Cutting down data disk options by half will be very risky, especially if all 3 can still be the same.

Hard path will give access to 2 nodes of disc choices, no hard path will mean 1 node of disc choices.

We had two node disc choices before. Sounds like they made it worse. Any extra rewards for the hard path?
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Overall, really like everything announced, just with a couple concerns, and one specific critique.

So, we'll start with the Critique.
    I don't think the first Omicron character revealed should've been one related to PVP.
    I think the overall reaction to this would've been a lot more positive if the first reveal was something like a TB or Raid option. Or if there was at least a PVE option revealed alongside it.

So, now to the concerns.
    Login Calendar: With no details on what the paid for ones are going to look like, I have a lot of concerns for what this could eventually end up doing to the viability of pure F2P, as well as what this could end up doing to future balance overall - If it's just basic stuff like more credits, basic gear, older non-premium shards, etc. then it's w/e.
    But if there ends up being no crystal option and it's stuff like "here's 100 of each bad batch characters' shards for $5 so long as you login every day" or something like that...

Similar concerns with the conquest pass, especially with the screenshots showing no crystal option. If it's just minor stuff, then eh, w/e, but some of this stuff could have huge repercussions if there's "too much" value in them - Particularly regarding stuff like Omicrons, Zetas, "premium" shards/materials/etc.

Again, I REALLY like most of this, these are some great changes, there's just very little to be gained from any party in talking about the very obvious specifics for why some of these look great - More gear income? Finally. GL-power levels on non-GL characters to potentially improve roster viability, make GL investments feel better, and push groups into clearing higher content? Great. Better seasonal events in the future from calendars? Great. There's just... not much "discussion" to be had regarding the positives - They're positive, and the "why"s for them being positives are... pretty self explanatory in most cases.

My final note.
    Moving past the clone wars "to something you'll never expect" - To me, this sounds like it's going to be neither a movie era, nor something like the high republic that's being pushed.
    To me, this sounds like something along the lines of: The Old Republic, both the era and the game. We're missing tons of stuff from KOTOR2 as well as literally anything from SWTOR, or something like Visions, which would be completely different designs, rather creative choices, and most would be pretty plug and play within their factions, seeing as there'd realistically be no specific team for them.
    Or... something like game characters or legends content - Fallen order, the jedi knight series, Legends Luke and associated characters, stuff like that.

Sure, there's a chance that it's just something like SW: Resistance (never did get anything from that show), High republic despite it being pushed just because it has zero shows, movies or games as of now, or something... even weirder, like a lego cross-over (ok, seriously, I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. I know the licensing and stuff would be a serious pain compared with any other choice, but it would be absolutely hilarious to have a Lego Faction lol.), but... aside from the very unlikely lego crossover, those just feel more like things that would be "expected".
    Which is also why I'm excluding the missing Mandalorian, Skywalker Saga, etc. characters. They're... expected.
    ...unless someone finally saw my posts about why Jar-Jar and the gungan faction should be added >.> Which might be "unexpected" purely because people weirdly hate gungans for some... reason.

Darth jar jar confirmed. No one is expecting him to be a Sith lord.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

No it doesn't. You need to read what it does before making embarrassing posts.

If anything it makes getting the max crate faster but not easier. Nothing in the pass makes the battles easier.

Battle pass+ is for people who want to complete conquest in a few days rather than the whole 2 week period.

Faster is easier for some people.

Really?

So 50 battles in one amount of time, is easier in less time?

If they can't log in as often then yes

Pretty sure 50 battles takes the same amount of time, only need to log in once. :wink:

You can do 50 conquest battles at one time as ftp?

I am just saying some days I work 15 hours other times I have the day off. Days off will be nicer to know that my energy recharges a bit faster. So that will make my life easier from a time management standpoint.

And no matter how you want to argue, conquest is about energy. So if they allow you to earn energy at a 25% faster rate they are allowing you to complete conquest 25% faster. And if I can get done with conquest in 7 days what used to take 10 or 11, that to me makes my life easier. Doesn't mean it makes it easier for you.

Different yes, but it doesnt make the game easier.I wouldnt mind at all for this game mode to be less taxing on my day to day.

And to the original point, no this doesnt change the cadence.

We disagree. Less time to manage makes it easier for me. Again, not speaking for you. You don't need to argue about how something makes me feel.

We can agree to disagree, but no matter how you manage your time, a match is as difficult as it's going to be. Anyone having 10 mins or 3 hours doesnt change how a battle will go.

I never said the match was easier. I said the time management was easier because you can gain energy faster. Don't change what I said to fit your argument, that's lazy and manipulative and I THINK you are better than that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

No it doesn't. You need to read what it does before making embarrassing posts.

If anything it makes getting the max crate faster but not easier. Nothing in the pass makes the battles easier.

Battle pass+ is for people who want to complete conquest in a few days rather than the whole 2 week period.

Faster is easier for some people.

Really?

So 50 battles in one amount of time, is easier in less time?

If they can't log in as often then yes

Pretty sure 50 battles takes the same amount of time, only need to log in once. :wink:

You can do 50 conquest battles at one time as ftp?

I am just saying some days I work 15 hours other times I have the day off. Days off will be nicer to know that my energy recharges a bit faster. So that will make my life easier from a time management standpoint.

And no matter how you want to argue, conquest is about energy. So if they allow you to earn energy at a 25% faster rate they are allowing you to complete conquest 25% faster. And if I can get done with conquest in 7 days what used to take 10 or 11, that to me makes my life easier. Doesn't mean it makes it easier for you.

Different yes, but it doesnt make the game easier.I wouldnt mind at all for this game mode to be less taxing on my day to day.

And to the original point, no this doesnt change the cadence.

We disagree. Less time to manage makes it easier for me. Again, not speaking for you. You don't need to argue about how something makes me feel.

We can agree to disagree, but no matter how you manage your time, a match is as difficult as it's going to be. Anyone having 10 mins or 3 hours doesnt change how a battle will go.

I never said the match was easier. I said the time management was easier because you can gain energy faster. Don't change what I said to fit your argument, that's lazy and manipulative and I THINK you are better than that.

I'm not. What was originally said was that it is easier, and that somehow that changes the cadence. The cadence is unchanged by the BP, and as you said the game remains the same difficulty.
  • When do the gear changes happen?
    PERHAPS more ppl would have had a chance to avoid attacking if you had left at least one thread open debating the issue...

In GD, there is a dev post pinned, and we have been keeping links to post about this issue when they are moved and recent discussions shows all of them. Debating the issue doesnt need to happen for people to see and be aware of what's going on.

The update will be rolling out soonish anyway, but the post pinned to GD is the first one with no mention of Aayla/Qui-Gon specifically causing issues. I don't think it would hurt to give that a little more visibility on this board if possible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Acymetric wrote: »

The update will be rolling out soonish anyway, but the post pinned to GD is the first one with no mention of Aayla/Qui-Gon specifically causing issues. I don't think it would hurt to give that a little more visibility on this board if possible.

Yes I didnt move that one around, sorry. Will do that now.
  • So is the update for all of this tomorrow?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    GrandPalps wrote: »
    So is the update for all of this tomorrow?

Should be today