[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

kyno can you confirm these are accurate?

I can ask today, but most likely it is.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

Hi @Kyno , long time lurker short time poster.

Was curious what are your thoughts and feelings about Conquest 10 changes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Padriach wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

Hi Kyno , long time lurker short time poster.

Was curious what are your thoughts and feelings about Conquest 10 changes?

See above for some.

Generally, not a fan. I prefer to get into the mix and start strategizing before jumping to any conclusions. I see some paths there to make it through. This one is probably a second crate for me, unless I can find some magic combos that work well without investing too much gear.
  • with each road ahead the spite for the actual gamers only goes up. every design in the last couple years has been for $$ and hasnt brought anything that ive seen the average gamer ask for. we got conquest characters that they give you shards for but remove them before you get enough shards to complete so they make those chars impossible to get for average player even if they have been playing since the start of the game over 5 years ago.

galactic legends for whales only
    conquest characters for whales only
    r9 for whales only
    omnicron and cheat mode skills for certain events for whales only.

wheres the strategy and competitiveness without being a whale?
  • These are great news for the Game!! i so exited for us fans of SWGOH.... one sad thing is that since yesterday I spent 650 Cantina energy and got ZERO Omicron Mats :/
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    with each road ahead the spite for the actual gamers only goes up. every design in the last couple years has been for $$ and hasnt brought anything that ive seen the average gamer ask for. we got conquest characters that they give you shards for but remove them before you get enough shards to complete so they make those chars impossible to get for average player even if they have been playing since the start of the game over 5 years ago.

galactic legends for whales only
    conquest characters for whales only
    r9 for whales only
    omnicron and cheat mode skills for certain events for whales only.

wheres the strategy and competitiveness without being a whale?

I am no whale, have 4 GLs and I have yet to see a Conquest character I can't unlock from crates (although Body Fat might be the first). I do agree with your sentiment, but this kind of exaggeration helps nothing.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

@kyno can you confirm these are accurate?

A boss feat that prevents the use of a GL is challenging. Good stuff. Also, putting ‘win 40 battles with…’ in global is better than ‘win 14 battles with…’ in a sector imo, less grindy. 40 is less than 14x5 and you have more chances to spread them during your journey. BUT:

- it’s not less grindy when there are several ‘win 40 battles with…’
    - It’s not less grindy when there are still ‘win 14 battles with…’ and ‘defeat 50 with..’ on top of that.

So there are less feats, but the ones that caused the grind are still there. Sad.

U know that the win 14 battles are still inside right ?

How abt the mini boss battle feat. Do tell of it make sense to you

How abt the global feat that requires boba and han and another boba with Fennec. How abt the full team with BH ?

I don’t have issue with the mini boss feats. I guess i won’t be able to pass them, but as long as it’s not a grind, np. It makes me battle twice with different teams to get all the points, so it’s interesting gameplay, it’s not repeating the same battles 10 times just to make me spend energy and time on the game.
    They need to monetize the game, because paying is optional, and i don’t have issue with that. If it means i won’t be able to get last crate because i prefer using my crystals for something else than Fennec shards, no problem. Battle pass ? Great, it may appeal to some people and won’t change my game experience. But if they need to make conquest a chore in order to monetize it, it’s just sad. That’s why I don’t like feats that make me repeating the same battles again and again, just like i don’t like GL events that make me refight the same fight 8 times. That’s what sim tickets are for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

A boss feat that prevents the use of a GL is challenging. Good stuff. Also, putting ‘win 40 battles with…’ in global is better than ‘win 14 battles with…’ in a sector imo, less grindy. 40 is less than 14x5 and you have more chances to spread them during your journey. BUT:

- It’s not less grindy when there are still ‘win 14 battles with…’ and ‘defeat 50 with..’ on top of that.

So there are less feats, but the ones that caused the grind are still there. Sad.

How abt the global feat that requires boba and han and another boba with Fennec. How abt the full team with BH ?

I don’t have issue with the mini boss feats. I guess i won’t be able to pass them, but as long as it’s not a grind, np. It makes me battle twice with different teams to get all the points, so it’s interesting gameplay, it’s not repeating the same battles 10 times just to make me spend energy and time on the game.
    They need to monetize the game, because paying is optional, and i don’t have issue with that. If it means i won’t be able to get last crate because i prefer using my crystals for something else than Fennec shards, no problem. Battle pass ? Great, it may appeal to some people and won’t change my game experience. But if they need to make conquest a chore in order to monetize it, it’s just sad. That’s why I don’t like feats that make me repeating the same battles again and again, just like i don’t like GL events that make me refight the same fight 8 times. That’s what sim tickets are for.

Can we agree to agree on this, all of this!!!!
    😘
  • RickOneMex wrote: »
    These are great news for the Game!! i so exited for us fans of SWGOH.... one sad thing is that since yesterday I spent 650 Cantina energy and got ZERO Omicron Mats :/

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e471tztwuwa4f2qa4t70nwjg83bpg4z0tev6a34ti23&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

I completely agree with all of this. Honestly, I wish they’d just drop max crate conquest hero shard to 65 sell 25 on the Jawas for whatever they need to call it profitable and then design the gameplay to be done with no crystal cost, no need to spend more than 15 minutes a day on the mode and with non repetitive feats that are designed to be challenging, interesting and not frustrating or boring.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    And how we were blatantly lied to by crumb and Doja about them listening to our feedback for conquest, I don’t trust anything they tell us anymore. Trust is earned. And they haven’t done anything to earn my trust or anyone in the communities at all. Shame on them

They do listen. They just don't care about what we think.

• *sigh*

The bug fixes that went out are great, but I wish they could have fixed not being able to play audio in a general way rather than for those three specific apps (although I'm sure fixing Twitch was the bigger deal to most people).
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Gotta love that Rose Tico makes the upgrade list and Mace doesn't. Lol.

The gear changes look pretty positive. Double drops and anniversary gift are always appreciated too.

Conquest passes I'm a bit nervous about, since I've been able to clear every conquest on Hard so far, with ever-increasing crystal investments.As long as I'm still able to complete it without buying a pass, then I'm okay with it, but the upward creep of conquest lately doesn't fill me with much hope for that.

This one will be even harder. Be prepared to buy a lot of consumables and dip into the 100 crystal refreshes every day. Enjoy winning 40 battles with smugglers. Full bad batch team. Fennic. Imperial remnants. All needed to finish grindy feats. Less data disk choices because they didn't add more nodes on the hard path, they gated some of the previous nodes behind it. They listened to our feedback and decided to go the totally opposite direction.
  • When conquest first appeared it became my favourite game mode. This time I might not even bother to play it. That's how much they have changed it.
  • ew4wxjjesmt6.png

Us: 14 wins with smugglers is obnoxious. There's only one node we can reasonably use.
    CG: How about 40? You should be able to win everywhere with smugglers!

v50m01ft4y9r.png
  • I mean, it would depend on whether or not you can get max rewards doing less % of feats.
    I doubt it, but I guess we'll see.
  • Zumwan wrote: »
    I mean, it would depend on whether or not you can get max rewards doing less % of feats.
    I doubt it, but I guess we'll see.

It looks like you have 32 points of wiggle room. So percentage wise yes less keycards from feats. However I think it requires more battles to complete the feats than last time but I could be wrong. If I’m not wrong than the fact less keycards come from feats is immaterial
  • First, since I usually gripe, I wanted to say that the additional core gear in the Challenges and Daily Activity box is nice and a good addition. They did get that right this time.

In regards to Conquest ... the move to more combat nodes does shift the event towards a more flexible approach. You can almost get to the fourth box just on combat nodes alone. So, that shift does give us a little more flexibility with the teams we can use, and makes us less reliant on the specifics of the feats. That could be a potential positive.

At the same time, it's not clear (to me) what's going on with the data disks. It looks like there's less opportunities to get data disks (both options at any stop and the number of stops), but I'm not sure what the options will be when you get there. If there is less opportunity to get data disks and the rng issue of repeating disks remains, then that could make completing just the combat nodes more difficult ... or it might not.

So, from that standpoint, this shift could be a positive or a negative ... we'll have to see. Personally, I typically get the 4th box and don't expect I'll be pushing hard on the new feats to get beyond that (mostly because I'm not sure I can adequately handle the feats ... and that's fine).

One disappointment is that they still don't give us enough energy to even get from the start node to the last node. I still think that should be a baseline ... if folks want to spend more crystals because they want to get further or improve what they've done it's up to them ... but if you can get through the whole Conquest with your roster and don't need extra energy (and you should be able to simultaneously complete the feats with the right roster) ... that should be one of the benefits of having a strong roster. Also, if they want to give us more opportunities to build our rosters (as with the additional core gear), leaving us with more crystals would help.

Another disappointment is that they don't appear to have reduced the grind ... they've given us more flexibility in the teams with use with the shift to combat nodes ... but that doesn't really change the grind that much (plus, they still left the feats just as grindy as before).

Overall, from the difficulty standpoint, I think we have to wait and see how this turns out. From an enjoyment standpoint, it doesn't appear that they did much to make folks want to play Conquest more because they enjoy it (at least not from my perspective), but I'm sure that those of us that do will be for the "carrot" -- the rewards.

I didn't like the Conquest 7-9 format much and this doesn't look like it did a lot to move the needle, but I'll hold off on a final opinion until after then event ... but I'm not optimistic (I'm trying to be ... but it's hard :wink: )

• Decicrim wrote: »
    So what happens to razorcrest shards on November 1st can you still get them?

I have this same question.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sozay wrote: »
    Decicrim wrote: »
    So what happens to razorcrest shards on November 1st can you still get them?

I have this same question.

They will still be available in the Conquest store, on rotation with CAT.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    One last suggestion for cg. Don’t wait for the data mine people to release feats, bosses, rewards for you. You have your own spreadsheets. Take the 30-60 minutes on your own to make the fancy charts and release it with the road ahead. Part of the negativity cg receives is due to the whiplash of saying one thing in the road ahead which generates good will only to have the rug pulled out from under us a few hours later by swgoh events.

That period of feeling good will and then feeling wronged by the specifics only magnifies our disappointment, frustration, lack of trust and all other negative feelings your decisions generate. It makes us feel like you’re trying to hoodwink us.
  • You didn't listen to the Community..

It's still a grind fest.

Conquest 10 is just bad as 7-9...

It just shows how much of a panic CG was in after the data of 1-6 came through and to up the difficulty and reduce the rewards for the same work shows how tone-deaf CG is..

Not engaged. Not spending money on this Conquest Battle Pass..

CG needs a good PR win and any from the Gear Changes is OVERSHADOWED by Conquest 10's changes..

The Community doesn't want this.. Look at the Conquest 10 thread... It has turned..

We know Conquest can be changed... It's time to not just give lip service but actually listen and adjust..
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

Agree to disagree.
    Agree that the battle pass is a personal choice. Sure CG want to make money, not really an issue (don't want to mention how over price it is)

Disagree that it is not repetitive. Why can't we complete 2 feats in one sitting (referring to the mini boss feat). Not having the last crate is fine with you, but not everyone feels the same way.

BH themed conquest is fine. But not if 80% of the feats are related to BH.

Anyway, the main point I'm driving at is that this conquest has stopped being fun but a chore. Not all would agree with me, as some find it fun and challenging. So agree to disagree.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

Agree to disagree.
    Agree that the battle pass is a personal choice. Sure CG want to make money, not really an issue (don't want to mention how over price it is)

Disagree that it is not repetitive. Why can't we complete 2 feats in one sitting (referring to the mini boss feat). Not having the last crate is fine with you, but not everyone feels the same way.

BH themed conquest is fine. But not if 80% of the feats are related to BH.

Anyway, the main point I'm driving at is that this conquest has stopped being fun but a chore. Not all would agree with me, as some find it fun and challenging. So agree to disagree.

The only challenge is making yourself do it. None of it is actually compelling or fun gameplay. It is 100% just a time gate. If you can play 4 times a day and do 4 refreshes you will get the red crate. If not, you won't. They are having trouble locking sub 8 million gp players out, so they made it a chore. A lot of us will still get the red crate this time though so conquest 13 will be even worse. Get ready for r9 enemies. It is definitely coming. Not sure when but I predict it happens. It is all about reducing the amount of people pulling max character shards and that is an easy dial to turn.

/tinfoil hat
  • How about putting less important characters in as rewards and actually making it fun? Seriously, I would much rather Fennic be the reward instead of new boba, and the game mode be enjoyable. You can put boba somewhere else and monetize it. The new feats are atrocious and even worse than the last 3 conquests. I CAN finish it, but I don't want to finish it.

And please, deal with the cadence. If you are going to beat us over the head with pointless grinds to max it at least give us the full 2 week recovery period.
  • So the devs said that older toons will be slowly recieving omicron level abilities. I can only assume that the first to recieve these will be galactic legends followed by toons like the revans and those unlocked through events. Who else will be getting them? I doubt every toon is getting this special treatment as there are too many to work with most of them bland generic unnamed ones that were around since the beginning of the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    So the devs said that older toons will be slowly recieving omicron level abilities. I can only assume that the first to recieve these will be galactic legends followed by toons like the revans and those unlocked through events. Who else will be getting them? I doubt every toon is getting this special treatment as there are too many to work with most of them bland generic unnamed ones that were around since the beginning of the game.

q3nlnb1fgw26.jpg

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021#latest
    No this doesnt seem to be a top down setup like you suggest.

The goal is to sure up factions and give underused ones some limelight. They also want to hit on some of the lesser used GL required toons.

After that its anyone's guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    I appreciate the added gear in the Challenges, but I used to get a lot of gear, especially Stun Guns, Stun Cuffs, and G12 pieces, in the Shard Shop, which is what it should be called. Now that I have to spend 9,850 in Shard Store Tokens every week to get two Omicron pieces, since, so far, my Cantina Omicron drop-rate is 0.00% on roughly 500 energy, that eliminates the gear I can get from the Shard Shop, thus adding to the gear grind. That's CG for you. C points over there, "Look at this fancy new thing," while G steals your wallet.

@TheGuyWithCharlie omicrons main source is Galactic Challenges (2 per event), as stated in the post. Anything gained while farming single data is just meant to be a little extra.

You do not need to buy them from the weekly shipment, if you do not want to.
  • yeah "have to" is a bit of an over-exaggeration there....