LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

• SemiGod wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI are the devs aware of how LV Is heavily underperforming?

Sadly I think they will give us the SEE-treatment.

I agree… tag the devs a million times, get no reply until 3 months in when they say he’s WAI… only this time the investment is so much more

• Crimson777
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Those who skipped JMK and went for LV got the short end of the stick that’s for sure.
    Post edited by Crimson777 on
  • I will post details later as I’m at work but I just snuck on and did an arena battle before payout… my SEE team which consists of R7 SEE, Triumvirate and a R5 Wat beat a R8 LV, Maul, DV, RG and R9 Piett. It honestly wasn’t a very hard battle and I’ll go through it in detail how I did it when I have time as well as post my SWGOH profile to see my team but yeah… even SEE with triumvirate beats him… the longest thing was taking LV himself down at the end but… not good, not good at all!
  • inyaksolomonben
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    currently lv while is a very strong gl, the addition of maul does not make him flouish that much, teams that beat him before still beat him with no problem. Currently while lv is more expensive and newer than jmk, his defense viability is not really on par with jmk cat even with maul; and even with the introduction of maul, the offensive and defensive viability has little to no change at all for lord vader. Here is the analysis:
    JML VS LV MAUL
    https://youtu.be/xN0noFwuc7E
    https://youtu.be/Xt-qvLr06Dw
    as you can see no matter if it is the jedi titans or other a- to b+ jedi jml still beats lv quite easily
    REY VS LV MAUL
    we have received reports that a rey comp is already found in the top guilds that can auto lv maul
    moreover the same comp that beats lv also beats lv maul with around same difficultly
    SLKR VS LV MAUL
    same as rey, the same comp of slkr that beats lv also beats lv maul with similar difficultly, namely slkr wat armoer+2,in 3v3, slkr wat also duo lv and lv maul reliably
    SEE VS LV MAUL
    see already timeout vs lv wo maul, no difference here, just get darth vader out and no see comp would beat lv
    JMK VS LV MAUL
    again the same comp which beats lv also beats lv maul around the same difficulty, there are also reports that show jmk cat autoing lv maul,cat and gas are also shown not required or even mandatory for jmk to beat lv maul
    lv vs lv maul
    https://youtu.be/QzSuT2wHsdA
    as you can see lv wo maul still has a easy time vs lv maul

Conclusion: maul doesn't really improve lv defensive viability, in fact every counter working vs lv now still works vs lv maul, while I am not advocating lv to be unbeatbale or whatever as some may claim to be,I do want maul to make the existing counters to lv harder by a degree like cat to jmk.
    Extra notes: slkr reduces lv side toons mastery to negative and lv absorbs the negative mastery with the ultimate. On the other hand, jmk specifically has a clause that prevents him from absorbing mastery if the ally's mastery is below 0,a same clause would be greatly appreciated as it not only affects lv vs slkr but also performance in cpit
    Futhermore, this has been suggested before, but I'll say it again,a touchup to lv ashes of the republic making the debuffs applied undispellable while aotr is activated would be great,and the AI of lv ,maul,dv ,piett,gideon can be improved,a improve of ai under lv lead like cat shien under jmk and toons targeting under jmk would be welcomed, especially maul hard targeting cat,thanks for reading
    PS. kyno ,pls keep it in general discussion and not in arena and character strategy,also sorry for the inconvenience caused and the repetition of lv/maul post in arena section, may you kindly merge these two posts together and leave t in general,many thx
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SemiGod wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI are the devs aware of how LV Is heavily underperforming?

They are aware of player sentiment regarding LV
  • Kyno wrote: »

I hope they fix him like they fixed SEE.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Two more dumb AI behaviors:

1) when DV finally goes into MM he saber tosses GK just to follow it up with a basic on GK, completely ignoring all the other enemies and wasting his MM

2) Maul also focuses GK when he absolutely shouldn't - not only does he still target GK with his first seething (at 5 stacks where he could ignore taunt) but even when GK has damage immunity he's still wasting all his attacks nonetheless
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Much like they were aware of player sentiment on gear. Only took 4 years for some stun guns to be added.

No dev comment to me means they are ignoring this. I for one won’t flush gear for the next shiny gl so quickly based on this.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Two more dumb AI behaviors:

1) when DV finally goes into MM he saber tosses GK just to follow it up with a basic on GK, completely ignoring all the other enemies and wasting his MM

2) Maul also focuses GK when he absolutely shouldn't - not only does he still target GK with his first seething (at 5 stacks where he could ignore taunt) but even when GK has damage immunity he's still wasting all his attacks nonetheless
    He’s coded terribly, but apparently that’s what CG wanted. The most expensive GL to date, to be the worst.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatchy wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Much like they were aware of player sentiment on gear. Only took 4 years for some stun guns to be added.

No dev comment to me means they are ignoring this. I for one won’t flush gear for the next shiny gl so quickly based on this.

No that is not what that means, and by all means make whatever choices you wish.
  • So a common occurrence seems to be LV standing alone at the end, team dead and just wailing away at him till he’s gone whilst not fearing his damage or anything… since he’s already incredibly tanky, would it stand that, opposite of JMK who is pretty easy to kill once his team, which he has much better and more powerful options than LV does, should get exponentially stronger once he’s the only one left. Since battles generally go that way if you face him in defence, make the risk reward of getting rid of Maul etc be that if Vader is alone at the end, he ramps up his damage very quickly as opposed to not at all? I’ve said before that short of actually boosting his moveset or having his Ult be more impactful, just allow him to speed up his damage gain the less allies he has on the field. It would be a nice compromise and make battles against him more strategic… you want to take LV out early but that risks leaving other threats on the field… make people have to actually try when battling him.
    I dunno, but I will say if CG doesn’t say anything about it soon, be prepared for a SEE situation, we know if they don’t jump on bidding a character immediately (and multiple times ala JMK) the inevitably they’ll do what they do best, nothing at all.
  • zatchy
    123 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    zatchy wrote: »

No that is not what that means, and by all means make whatever choices you wish.

I mean to have Doja pop in and say they are looking at it, takes what 30 seconds? If they can’t be bothered to do that, why would anyone speculate that they are going to right this ship?

And surely I will do whatever I please, all in all, this game is getting worse not better of late. Road ahead videos are cute and all, but the only content they’ve really delivered in years is conquest and they’ve turned that into a painfully boring mode. Like make it extremely hard so folks won’t get the characters, don’t make it extremely boring and time consuming….

Plain and simple - LV/Maul combo is one of the lesser GL’s. At the same time it’s most expensive and Maul was the 2x the grind CAT was. This is painful punishment to the players that the devs have ignored. They ignore LV pre Maul, with the theory that Maul was important. And now they still ignore it.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    So a common occurrence seems to be LV standing alone at the end, team dead and just wailing away at him till he’s gone whilst not fearing his damage or anything… since he’s already incredibly tanky, would it stand that, opposite of JMK who is pretty easy to kill once his team, which he has much better and more powerful options than LV does, should get exponentially stronger once he’s the only one left. Since battles generally go that way if you face him in defence, make the risk reward of getting rid of Maul etc be that if Vader is alone at the end, he ramps up his damage very quickly as opposed to not at all? I’ve said before that short of actually boosting his moveset or having his Ult be more impactful, just allow him to speed up his damage gain the less allies he has on the field. It would be a nice compromise and make battles against him more strategic… you want to take LV out early but that risks leaving other threats on the field… make people have to actually try when battling him.
    I dunno, but I will say if CG doesn’t say anything about it soon, be prepared for a SEE situation, we know if they don’t jump on bidding a character immediately (and multiple times ala JMK) the inevitably they’ll do what they do best, nothing at all.

Yeah I thought LV would’ve gained additional stats for every fallen ally. I mean GAS & JKA gain bonuses related to that.
  • juandelasnievess
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Im here representing 4 guild mates... LV + Maul stinks.. and its so bad, we did our HARDEST investment ever, we gave everything to have LV, then it was not enough, you needed Maul. So we worked hard and spent a lot of crystals to get Maul... the sentiment is really bad, I'm spending my money towards something that should be good, but it's not, and the worst part, is that even if there is the chance that they will rework it, it will get more people to get at the same time than me.. It's really sad, yes, im a whale, i pay for things, but I pay to get them the 1st day and get them functional, not to be the tester for the f2p people that will get them 3 months later and will have the team 'ready' at the same time than me... this is calling that they even do something about it... So disappointed, if you want me to spend money in something that works this way, I think you are doing it all wrong.

Im getting SEE vibes yet all over again, I'm gonna cut my spendings again and start asking for refunds.

Post edited by juandelasnievess on
  • Im here representing 4 guild mates... LV + Maul stinks.. and its so bad, we did our HARDEST investment ever, we gave everything to have LV, then it was not enough, you needed Maul. So we worked hard and spent a lot of crystals to get Maul... the sentiment is really bad, I'm spending my money towards something that should be good, but it's not, and the worst part, is that even if there is the chance that they will rework it, it will get more people to get at the same time than me.. It's really sad, yes, im a whale, i pay for things, but I pay to get them the 1st day and get them functional, not to be the tester for the f2p people that will get them 3 months later and will have the team 'ready' at the same time than me... this is calling that they even do something about it... So disappointed, if you want me to spend money in something that works this way, I think you are doing it all wrong.

Im getting SEE vibes yet all over again, I'm gonna cut my spendings again and start asking for refunds.

Yeah I’m not a whale by any stretch but so far I’ve spend probably a couple hundred dollars on getting ready to go for LV… I have 2 BB characters to go and I’m there and I would spend more to finish em off… I sure won’t be now, the grind can slow to a halt for all I care since it’s become less of “omg I’ll have the newest and best GL”, to more of a “well he’s my favourite character so I do actually want him, but it won’t do me any good so I ain’t dropping another dollar!” Bad way to keep people spending money, especially given some of their low down tactics to milk things in game.
  • I’m also hearing that LV “apparently” absorbs negative mastery against SLKR matches since slk siphons mastery from enemies causing them to go into the negatives.

That’s awesome to hear if true!
    Jmk- always uses hello there on cat to start a match- so she can nuke an enemy right out of the gate.

Why does maul not target Cat with his cooldown reduction on the first turn ?

It's a good idea, and we have seen targeting moves like that.

Will it actually make this stick on d?

It would MASSIVELY help LV. Alone, it wouldn't completely change LV on D vs a player who knows what they're doing; but vs that very large subset who don't, it would increase his chances to hold a ton. Don't underrate how major immediately going down 4 v 5 is for the AI. A single turn of RG or storm buffing the team makes a difference.

The second, and equally important AI change is making Piett open with marked on LV. Right now, players can just kill Piett before the mark/before he can stealth himself. If he's stealthed and marks LV, that means he can't die and the opponent has to target LV or other taunt. Would help him get to ult faster vs someone who knows to delay JMK buff because after killing RG, they have to target LV for a round of turns or two instead of swapping to kill off Piett or the fifth. The ones who don't know to delay JMK buffs and get their CAT killshot increased are probably losing.

LV is almost completely dependent on having a team standing around him for his ult to really help. With the current AI, it's pretty easy to get him down 3 v 5 before his first ult. Neuters him a ton. With the above changes, it would increase the chances he can go into ult at 4 v 5 or 5 v 5 and would make him that much more difficult to beat. Wouldn't make him impossible but would actually require a player to have some strategy other than "JMK go boom".

I personally would love to see people using their LV + Maul combos in arena. I want some variety. They spent a ton more than the avg JMK farm so to see them almost all swapping back to JMK is both hilarious and disheartening.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I’m also hearing that LV “apparently” absorbs negative mastery against SLKR matches since slk siphons mastery from enemies causing them to go into the negatives.

That’s awesome to hear if true!

Yes this is accurate, it can happen.
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    If they doubled the amount of mastery that you get from 100 ult charge and made you able to activate it at 50% for 75% mastery LVs ult would probably work. As for now its not even worth using it at 100% the first time and most of the time I cant even use it below 100% because I dont reach 65% on LVs third turn and by the fourth Im already at 100% thanks to Maul. It already pretty ridiculous that you need to use it 2-3 times to even get close to the same impact that Kenobis ult has.
    Post edited by Sithlords_Inc on
  • They need to fix the way his ult charges. I skipped over Kenobi for this crap? Better fix this CG!
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I really think if LV gained a mastery % from Dark Harbinger equal to the amount of Underesimated he has, it would really help him buff up quicker, it’s truly his only problem, taking too long to ramp up. Fix that and he’s amazing and like Sithlords_Inc suggested, also make his Ult Mastery gain 75% at under 100% and 150% at full Ult, I think all the problems would be fixed, he’ll ramp up quick enough to not only win easier but make the battles less of a snoozefest. Come on CG, give a legit reply or actually just buff him, don’t lose more spenders!

Oh and as I suggested earlier, double the amount of Mastery gain allies receive from LV’s AoE while in ultimate from a max 60% to a max 120%… all problems solved with those 3 changes and easy to implement!
    Post edited by WattoisSnoke on
  • starplatinum
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    For weeks I have been the only LV user in the top50 of my arena bracket which mostly consists of JMK+CAT. In fact I spotted other R8 LV (all skills maxed) in our shard, even one with R7 maul, but they all quicky changed back to JMK+CAT.
    At this point, I cannot recommend investing in LV.
  • I said it once but I’ll say it again, I don’t think lv is bad at all I just think his supporting cast sucks. Rg, piett, dv and maul vs hk, cat, Asoka (great synergy with 10000 assists), and GAS (the deal breaker). Dark side doesn’t not have anyone who comes close to pumping up a team like gas.
  • I said it once but I’ll say it again, I don’t think lv is bad at all I just think his supporting cast sucks. Rg, piett, dv and maul vs hk, cat, Asoka (great synergy with 10000 assists), and GAS (the deal breaker). Dark side doesn’t not have anyone who comes close to pumping up a team like gas.

I think Maul is fine, DV would be perfect if he was how he was pre nerf and RG would be great if he had in his kit that with LV in the lead, he is immune to destroy effects and takes massive damage instead (no CAT annihilates) then give Empire a new shiny confrontation character on par with GAS and perhaps with all around stat boosting like CAT oh boy, what a force that team would be!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Cant wait to see if CG has anything to say on LV this week.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

It’s fairly clear they don’t have anything to say. He’s been the worst GL from the start, no comment. We held out hope Maul would fix it, but nah.
  • zatchy wrote: »

It’s fairly clear they don’t have anything to say. He’s been the worst GL from the start, no comment. We held out hope Maul would fix it, but nah.

Yeah honestly if anyone is early into the grind for LV, drop it and go for JMK if you don’t have him already. LV should be the last GL you go for as each of the other ones outshines him in one way or the other. I wish I wasn’t so close to having all the requirements because I’m already planning out my next farm once I’ve gotten him whereas if he were actually amazing, I was going to take a little rest and slow farm a back log of other characters I need to star up. One thing is for certain, my spending days are done for the time being.
  • my problem with lord vader/maul, is that it is just no fun to play.
    matches against jmk teams usually take really long and if i wouldn't switch to auto battle at some point, it would time out. of course, the moment i switch to auto, i can't expect any smart actions on my side, i just hope my vader gets enough ultimates triggered. the animation of the ultimates may look nice in the beginning, but now used to them, they are annoying and they stop the game for 4-5 seconds every time. no fun at all. lv is a joke as a damage dealer until he gets at least his 2nd ultimate and after each ult he gains ashes of the republic for 5 turns, which prevents any ultimate charging.
  • They gotta change his ult charge when he has gains ashes of the republic.