Remove Bounty Hunter from new Boba Fett?

MaimVoorhees
48 posts Member
edited November 2021
No Mando tag on any Boba because in the show he didn’t confirm he is a Mando, but now he flat out says he’s not a Bounty Hunter. Will CG take the BH tag away? I doubt it, buuuuuuut…..
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• IAmNotDev
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    As in the trailer Boba Fett said "I am not a bounty hunter"

this is what happen if developing a character too soon

Lucasfilm said no XD
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    English language escapes people sometimes.
    Right after he says that line he says “I’ve heard otherwise”. He was starting his sentence off with comments from others.
    Sorry to ruin your theory.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Right after he says that line he says “I’ve heard otherwise”. He was starting his sentence off with comments from others.

perhaps he thinks he is not? i mean the trailer is edited footage right?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    🤦🏻‍♂️ Listen real carefully again to the trailer. Lol
    Put this in front of the sentence “people say”. Hope that clears things.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    So the new trailer for "The book of Boba Fett" just dropped (Thanks Anezzz for letting me know)..

Quoting my shardmate Dr Starlord:
    CG makes old man boba a bounty hunter. First words of the trailer, "I'm not a bounty hunter"

Well done CG !! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZFzZJqkP4&ab_channel=ONEMedia
  • You know fine well if they didn't make him a BH, it would be torches, pitchforks and hideous screeching.
  • MaimVoorhees
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    p8sagf53amc0.jpeg
  • They'll take it away provided no other forumer makes yet another thread about it
  • This one is from mando S2, not book of boba fett
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    This one is from mando S2, not book of boba fett

You mean S2 when he repaints his armor and doesn’t bounty hunt, and actually protect a bounty? Lol.
  • This is the dumbest thread ever.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    This is the dumbest thread ever.

Disagree.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    This is the dumbest thread ever.

Disagree.

Lol, you want them to remove the BH tag from the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, based on you mishearing a sentence in a trailer. Ok!
  • "This version of Boba Fett is entirely based on his performance in the battle on Tython, after he recovers his armor from the Razor Crest. The artists drew much of their inspiration for the animations from the show as well."
  • avihas wrote: »
    So the new trailer for "The book of Boba Fett" just dropped (Thanks Anezzz for letting me know)..

Quoting my shardmate Dr Starlord:
    CG makes old man boba a bounty hunter. First words of the trailer, "I'm not a bounty hunter"

Well done CG !! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZFzZJqkP4&ab_channel=ONEMedia

Did you even bother watching it? Believe it or not, there's more than one sentence spoken in this trailer.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    "This version of Boba Fett is entirely based on his performance in the battle on Tython, after he recovers his armor from the Razor Crest. The artists drew much of their inspiration for the animations from the show as well."

Third Boba incoming confirmed. Book of Boba Fett Fett, where he’s not a bounty hunter.

We have 140 Hans and 352 Chewies, so what’s 3 Boba’s?
  • "This version of Boba Fett is entirely based on his performance in the battle on Tython, after he recovers his armor from the Razor Crest. The artists drew much of their inspiration for the animations from the show as well."

Common mate, I like you the most of of all CG people, but CG have 2 mistakes here:
    1. rush to release this fat Boba.
    2. Excuse themself by saying "it's base on the battle of Tython" when even on Tython he was a scoundrell, but not really a bounty hunter
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    avihas wrote: »
    "This version of Boba Fett is entirely based on his performance in the battle on Tython, after he recovers his armor from the Razor Crest. The artists drew much of their inspiration for the animations from the show as well."

Common mate, I like you the most of of all CG people, but CG have 2 mistakes here:
    1. rush to release this fat Boba.
    2. Excuse themself by saying "it's base on the battle of Tython" when even on Tython he was a scoundrell, but not really a bounty hunter

Boba IS a BH. If a baker goes on vacation, he's still a baker, even if he isn't actively baking bread... not a difficult concept.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »

Pretty sure it was the other way around. He didn’t say “I’ve heard otherwise”, that was whoever he was talking to (captions put it as “Alien 1”, of course…).

That being said, this Boba deserves the BH tag. We don’t know what he was up to before he met Mando (besides tracking his armor), but he certainly wasn’t ruling from Jabba’s throne yet and I doubt he’d rejected his bounty hunting roots nearly as much as his Mandalorian ones. And as much as I would love to throw this whole Conquest away, throwing half of Old Boba’s kit away alongside it would just be weird.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    This whole discussion ignores the fact that tags in the game are done for balance purposes and not necessarily lore, regardless of whether you think it's justifiable to call this version of Boba a Bounty Hunter.

Why is JKL not a Rebel? Why IS Lobot a Rebel? The game character can be BH regardless of whatever a show that hasn't aired yet might or might not say.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Just to be clear, the new Boba is based on s2 of The Mandalorian, not The Book of Boba.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Just to be clear, the new Boba is based on s2 of The Mandalorian, not The Book of Boba.

This. CG explained this character is based off of Boba’s appearance on Tython, after he recovered his armor. The Boba from BoB will be the Boba with the polished armor that also saw at the end of Mando season 2.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.