LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

• I said it once but I’ll say it again, I don’t think lv is bad at all I just think his supporting cast sucks. Rg, piett, dv and maul vs hk, cat, Asoka (great synergy with 10000 assists), and GAS (the deal breaker). Dark side doesn’t not have anyone who comes close to pumping up a team like gas.

I think Maul is fine, DV would be perfect if he was how he was pre nerf and RG would be great if he had in his kit that with LV in the lead, he is immune to destroy effects and takes massive damage instead (no CAT annihilates) then give Empire a new shiny confrontation character on par with GAS and perhaps with all around stat boosting like CAT oh boy, what a force that team would be!

Dark side having no one that competes with gas in that “not gl but better than the rest” category really hinders their team comps.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Just got ult today and have been trying him out a couple of times,

Battles are incredibly slow, they’re super iffy and not that enjoyable. Even after first ult he tickles and has to wait until ult #2-3 to see any real damage…

Offense is a tad of a slog, might be because I haven’t gotten used to a certain strat but it just isn’t super fun tbh.
  • What’s even more annoying is the difference in power between JMK first special and LV. They are essentially very similar but Kenobi’s version is so much more powerful and for no reason. Kenobi’s I Will Do What I Must - puts two powerful debuffs on the enemy (healing immunity and vulnerable) and LOCKS them in for 2 turns. It also increases damage at 50% a piece up to 500%!!!! I’ve seen it do monstrous damage. Then LV. Dark Harbinger - puts two powerful debuffs on the enemy (healing immunity and buff immunity) for 2 turns… which can be cleansed immediately, making it worthless, especially against a JMK team. It also increases damage at a measly 20% a piece up to… 100%? I get that he can buff his damage up to ungodly levels… oh except he doesn’t! Why not have them stack the same amount of damage (up to 500%) and have LV also lock his moves in (Buff Immunity and Heaing Immunity). They are after all two halves of the same warrior, make it feel like that, not Kenobi being a monster and Vader lag behind being easily beaten by Rey, JMK, JML, Kylo can get it done, even SEE can have a dig. Kenobi was addressed so quickly and LV gets zippo… I don’t understand the reasoning honestly.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    CG said they wanted to release this pair of GLs separately so that they can both have their own time to, “shine in the spotlight” and funnily enough, Lord Vader isn’t shining at all in any sort of spotlight

8z36pcoivyag.jpeg
    eechj9082uh4.gif
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    CG said they wanted to release this pair of GLs separately so that they can both have their own time to, “shine in the spotlight” and funnily enough, Lord Vader isn’t shining at all in any sort of spotlight

8z36pcoivyag.jpeg
    eechj9082uh4.gif

Look, if that’s how they wanted to do it, they got it the wrong way around. LV should have come out first and then Kenobi. They knew how much a lot of players wanted this version of Vader and have wanted him for years… then he sucks. It’s honestly probably my biggest disappointment in the game so far which is saying something. Even more perplexing is that if Vader came out and was amazing, perhaps even just a tiny bit better than Kenobi, there would be a lot more money thrown around to get him… now so many people just aren’t going to bother.

8z36pcoivyag.jpeg
    eechj9082uh4.gif

Look, if that’s how they wanted to do it, they got it the wrong way around. LV should have come out first and then Kenobi. They knew how much a lot of players wanted this version of Vader and have wanted him for years… then he sucks. It’s honestly probably my biggest disappointment in the game so far which is saying something. Even more perplexing is that if Vader came out and was amazing, perhaps even just a tiny bit better than Kenobi, there would be a lot more money thrown around to get him… now so many people just aren’t going to bother.

Yep, LV should’ve been released first.

It’s just funny how he’s much more expensive than JMK but performs a whole lot worse than JMK.
  • LV in nutshell.
    First 3 min running against Brick wall.
    Then once or twice Ult.
    Last minutes running against the clock to finish the battle.
    Definetly should have gone for JMK

• my problem with lord vader/maul, is that it is just no fun to play.
    matches against jmk teams usually take really long and if i wouldn't switch to auto battle at some point, it would time out. of course, the moment i switch to auto, i can't expect any smart actions on my side, i just hope my vader gets enough ultimates triggered. the animation of the ultimates may look nice in the beginning, but now used to them, they are annoying and they stop the game for 4-5 seconds every time. no fun at all. lv is a joke as a damage dealer until he gets at least his 2nd ultimate and after each ult he gains ashes of the republic for 5 turns, which prevents any ultimate charging.

Completely agree with this.Its just not a fun team at all. No Lore thought at all. Just needed a place to put Maul. Where's Chancellor Palpatine? Why not him? Why all of the bad batch? Why not make a Marquee for the Chancellor? I feel like no thought was put into his team and just wanted to add him for the high relic reqs. Isnt needed to counter Kenobi or any other team. Why make it like this?
  • I'm very disappointed with LV/Maul so far.He can maybe barely win against a JMK team, but at this point its too risky for me, even against weaker relic JMK teams.
    In our Squad arena there is only 1 person using him, and the reason is, that he doesn't have JMK.
    I don't know.. i guess i just expected more from this team.
  • I just got Maul to R4 after using him with SEE. I’ll see how that works out for a while.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I'm very disappointed with LV/Maul so far.He can maybe barely win against a JMK team, but at this point its too risky for me, even against weaker relic JMK teams.
    In our Squad arena there is only 1 person using him, and the reason is, that he doesn't have JMK.

I’m solely using LV x Maul cuz JMK cat is incredibly boring to use. Esp after like 4-5 months of using him.

It’s a bad idea cuz winning is riskier but at least it makes it a tad more fun
    I'm very disappointed with LV/Maul so far.He can maybe barely win against a JMK team, but at this point its too risky for me, even against weaker relic JMK teams.

I’m solely using LV x Maul cuz JMK cat is incredibly boring to use. Esp after like 4-5 months of using him.

It’s a bad idea cuz winning is riskier but at least it makes it a tad more fun

You like racing the clock while watching your team get nuked ain’t? I played it first day maul was out and said that was enough for me. Jmk mirror is faster battle.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Hey, he got the buff against troopers!

Which nerfed him against Rey xDDD
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Oh joy, SEE can no longer be autoed by a team half made of his own requirements!
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Until you watch Ahnalds streams… where with a touch of luck, Troopers can still steamroll SEE! There’s a massive biased against DS toons after Kylo, it’s really disheartening. Even JML, he went from being utter trash to a powerhouse with his buff… and SEE gets nerfed?! Now LV with his other half GL Maul are trash… what gives?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Until you watch Ahnalds streams… where with a touch of luck, Troopers can still steamroll SEE! There’s a massive biased against DS toons after Kylo, it’s really disheartening. Even JML, he went from being utter trash to a powerhouse with his buff… and SEE gets nerfed?! Now LV with his other half GL Maul are trash… what gives?

Even mauls release made SEE more trash lol, since maul mandos hard counter him bascially.
    Legend91 wrote: »

Even mauls release made SEE more trash lol, since maul mandos hard counter him bascially.

I think the most interesting thing about LV and Maul being released is the Maul lead mandos. He at least seems fun. Under Vader, not only is his AI some of the worst we’ve had in a while but he’s so squishy. Which would be fine if he did what he did (gets LV to his ult quickly) and LV actually became a beast really quickly. The slow burn LV is just bad. They’ve over tuned characters in the past whereas it feels like JMK was released at top speed and was buffed to put him through the stratosphere and LV is sitting there putting along hitting for 12k basics, even my SEE hits harder than him initially which is a joke.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI are the devs aware of how LV Is heavily underperforming?

They are aware of player sentiment regarding LV

Still no comment from devs? According to swgoh.gg the number of people using LV is going down. Seems to be the opposite of what the shiny new toy should be doing. Most people in my shard have switched back to mk. I'm close to doing the same.
  • Clphenom wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Still no comment from devs? According to swgoh.gg the number of people using LV is going down. Seems to be the opposite of what the shiny new toy should be doing. Most people in my shard have switched back to mk. I'm close to doing the same.

I use him in arena, cause I’m bored. But I will say it’s the worst GL to date. Has to have a team around him, no solo viability. Isn’t good in raids, requires maul to be decent in arena, but still awful defensively.

Not to mention a child could have coded Maul to make more sense with his first move than CG did. But shrug. They don’t care. They just don’t care.

• zatchy wrote: »
    Clphenom wrote: »

I use him in arena, cause I’m bored. But I will say it’s the worst GL to date. Has to have a team around him, no solo viability. Isn’t good in raids, requires maul to be decent in arena, but still awful defensively.

Not to mention a child could have coded Maul to make more sense with his first move than CG did. But shrug. They don’t care. They just don’t care.

well u can’t say much about the solo viability since he solos SLKR and SEE : p
  • zatchy wrote: »

He and a couple toons can full clear HSTR under Darth Vader lead. It'll be simmable soon so oh well but same principle applies to CPit which was just normalized so I don't know that "raids" matter much these days
  • Clphenom wrote: »

This is what Doja said when I asked him

xfz9udke8jsx.jpeg
    37zwhcehhwrg.jpeg

Basically Doja is saying that the devs haven’t dexided whether he needs changes done yet. As well as that Devs are aware of the player sentiment.

Although player sentiment probably doesn’t mean anything anyways considering the devs were aware of the player sentiment for conquest and then decided to make the game mode worse.
  • I mean, they buffed Executor pretty quickly, and that wasnt even close of as much of a mess as LV is right now

xfz9udke8jsx.jpeg
    37zwhcehhwrg.jpeg

Basically Doja is saying that the devs haven’t dexided whether he needs changes done yet. As well as that Devs are aware of the player sentiment.

Although player sentiment probably doesn’t mean anything anyways considering the devs were aware of the player sentiment for conquest and then decided to make the game mode worse.

I'm not sure if I feel better or worse about the situation after reading this, if they really thought he might need changing even a little bit, why haven't they publicly said anything like this yet.
  • I would say, given the requirements for LV and Maul, CG throughly tested this line up and it’s working as intended and no changes need to be made.

Disclaimer:

This post is by a player that went for JMK instead of Lord Vader.

xfz9udke8jsx.jpeg
    37zwhcehhwrg.jpeg

I'm not sure if I feel better or worse about the situation after reading this, if they really thought he might need changing even a little bit, why haven't they publicly said anything like this yet.

Honestly this post is really telling… he isn’t getting touched. Same with SEE, we get the “gonna wait and see”, nonsense and then a big “he’s good”, from CG. The units that do get buffed (JMK, Executor) get complaints and hotfixed immediately. When they want to see how it goes, it’s their way of saying they’re happy with it but then trying to let it go for long enough that players care less when they say it. Just own up and give an answer, they know whether or not they are going to do something with it, I’m sure they tested him at least a few times before throwing him into the wild.
  • I'll give my take world of Roguecraft style -

At first I struggled with Lord Vader vs. GL Kenobi. I had to think "Did I get worse?" "How am I losing to noobs?!" "This character is broken!" "Either CG needs to nerf GL Kenobi, or Lord Vader needs to get buffed!"
    "After countless hours and hours of arena trials, all while watching other hit their payout only to miss mine, time...and time..again..."
    "And then one night something happened. After watching kickboxer, Blood sport and American ninja 1-3 my skill level jumped like 8000% - and my spirit and mind became as one!"

No really all I did was swap out Darth Vader for Malak. It's been easy street every since. Here... take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQMoqAMANc

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I'll give my take world of Roguecraft style -

At first I struggled with Lord Vader vs. GL Kenobi. I had to think "Did I get worse?" "How am I losing to noobs?!" "This character is broken!" "Either CG needs to nerf GL Kenobi, or Lord Vader needs to get buffed!"
    "After countless hours and hours of arena trials, all while watching other hit their payout only to miss mine, time...and time..again..."
    "And then one night something happened. After watching kickboxer, Blood sport and American ninja 1-3 my skill level jumped like 8000% - and my spirit and mind became as one!"

No really all I did was swap out Darth Vader for Malak. It's been easy street every since. Here... take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQMoqAMANc

Yeah beating JMK isn’t the problem.

The problem is that he takes 4+ minutes on offense just to finish a battle because of how slow his damage ranks up.

As well as being horrible on defense with terrible AI. Galactic legends aren’t equal and for the investment of LV, you’re better off ignoring him completely since he isn’t the top of arena, not the best in conquest, sucks on defense, meh in CRancor, etc.
  • dont waste your energies, they are dealing with all the crap they deserve from the **** conquest, they wont be fixing LV in a while... if they have to put something in priority, it will be scamquest.. we are just 4-5 crying whales who paid for their thing.. who cares about us, reddit and the forum is on fire due to conquest.
  • dont waste your energies, they are dealing with all the crap they deserve from the **** conquest, they wont be fixing LV in a while... if they have to put something in priority, it will be scamquest.. we are just 4-5 crying whales who paid for their thing.. who cares about us, reddit and the forum is on fire due to conquest.

Which is annoying, the only reason I’m putting in any effort at all with this conquest is that I need to so I can make sure I unlock Maul just incase LV gets any better, otherwise whatever has become of conquest wouldn’t bother me, I simply wouldn’t do any more than my daily energy allows, instead I have to do increasingly bad feats this time around.