Omnicron drop rate

Prev13
Anybody know what the drop rate is supposed to be on the new omnicron mats? I've gotten 0 since they were released (except the 2 given by CG) and I've been doing refreshes of cantina energy almost daily trying to get other relic materials. What gives?

Replies

• 300 crystals per day since release and 0 as well, but I'm not surprised. Just like omegas on the cantina table, they are meant to be an unexpected 'bonus' rather than a primary source of farming them. The primary means of acquisition are GCs (2 per GC, 2 GCs per week).
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    The good news is that no one that is currently unlockable needs them right now, so you can stockpile.
    3v3 FTW
  • Omegas were < 1% when I tracked them ages ago iirc. I would expect Omicrons to be down in that range also. An occasional bonus rather than a serious farm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What gives is, that the main source is GCs and that cantina nodes are just a little bit of a bonus. You will get them infrequently, but they will show up.
  • I don't understand how people are still confused or upset by this. It is the same thing as omegas. It seemed obvious to me that was how it would be as soon as it was announced...I get that for some reason some people expected something different, but it's been explained like 50 times now...

Did people really think they were going to be able to just farm the crap out of a brand new material on easily farms Cantina nodes that everyone was already farming at some point anyway?
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    I don't understand how people are still confused or upset by this. It is the same thing as omegas. It seemed obvious to me that was how it would be as soon as it was announced...I get that for some reason some people expected something different, but it's been explained like 50 times now...
    You must be new here.

People get upset over anything. Often with good reason, but frequently over their failure to understand game mechanics, basic probability or the concept of fairness.

And having something explained 50 times is never going to be enough. There will always be forumers who make a new thread about something that has already been raised and explained, no matter how large and flashy the font.
    I don't understand how people are still confused or upset by this. It is the same thing as omegas. It seemed obvious to me that was how it would be as soon as it was announced...I get that for some reason some people expected something different, but it's been explained like 50 times now...
    You must be new here.

People get upset over anything. Often with good reason, but frequently over their failure to understand game mechanics, basic probability or the concept of fairness.

And having something explained 50 times is never going to be enough. There will always be forumers who make a new thread about something that has already been raised and explained, no matter how large and flashy the font.

Nah, I knew all that, been here for years, just venting. All the complaining about stupid stuff that is totally fine when there are so many legitimate things to complain about just drives me crazy. 😉
    You must be new here.

If only the spam filter caught these.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • The drop rate is less than 1%, just like everything else you really need in the game. Don't worry, just spend 8 hours a day in conquest and you'll get a few after 2 weeks.
  • Bizkibo wrote: »
    Anybody know what the drop rate is supposed to be on the new omnicron mats? I've gotten 0 since they were released (except the 2 given by CG) and I've been doing refreshes of cantina energy almost daily trying to get other relic materials. What gives?

The two given by GC (not CG) are the primary way of getting them. You're doing everything right.

Cantina is for farming signal data, any Omicrons you get are a bonus. But you're not going to "farm" them from Cantina any more than you farm Omegas there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The drop rate is less than 1%, just like everything else you really need in the game. Don't worry, just spend 8 hours a day in conquest and you'll get a few after 2 weeks.

Alternatively--do GC and you'll get 4 per week.

For real, people, you guys would be complaining less if they hadn't put them in Cantina at all.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The drop rate is less than 1%, just like everything else you really need in the game. Don't worry, just spend 8 hours a day in conquest and you'll get a few after 2 weeks.

For real, people, you guys would be complaining less if they hadn't put them in Cantina at all.

Huh?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Huh?

He's saying get them from GC, not cantina. And that there would be less complaining if there were none at all, rather a few bonus mats, however rare they may be.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Huh?

He's saying get them from GC, not cantina. And that there would be less complaining if there were none at all, rather a few bonus mats, however rare they may be.

No I got that, I'm confused on how he's doing 2 GC's each week. I've got 3 of them so far and 1 was from cantina, the other two were from the ONE GC we did last week...
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Huh?

No I got that, I'm confused on how he's doing 2 GC's each week. I've got 3 of them so far and 1 was from cantina, the other two were from the ONE GC we did last week...
    Wrong.

There were 2 GCs last week. Omnicrons were part of a game update that happened in between the first GC and the second GC.
  • iknkkkc4m9wi.jpeg

Drop rate =10% confirmed.
  • At least Galactic Challenges give a decent amount, given you can get Max Crate, which is not something that hard. Omicrons is one of the (few) things I'm not annoyed or mad about in this game, though I hope we can use them with older characters soon, like they said.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    At least Galactic Challenges give a decent amount, given you can get Max Crate, which is not something that hard. Omicrons is one of the (few) things I'm not annoyed or mad about in this game, though I hope we can use them with older characters soon, like they said.

Do you even need max crate for 2 of them?
  • Granolo wrote: »
    At least Galactic Challenges give a decent amount, given you can get Max Crate, which is not something that hard.

You don't even have to red box. Gold box gives 2 also!

Super easy to farm these.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »
    At least Galactic Challenges give a decent amount, given you can get Max Crate, which is not something that hard.

Shhhhhh... Don't you say that, they might read and change them to impossible to get unless you pay loads of cash... :D
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »

Shhhhhh... Don't you say that, they might read and change them to impossible to get unless you pay loads of cash... :D

Update incoming:

Cantina nodes now subtract Omicrons!
  • I have 4 omicrons so far: i got 2 farming signal data with cantina energy and 2 from GC rewards
  • I have 4 omicrons so far: i got 2 farming signal data with cantina energy and 2 from GC rewards

How do I have 6? Didn’t see any on cantina drops and was farming chirpa and paploo for the majority of the past week.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

How do I have 6? Didn’t see any on cantina drops and was farming chirpa and paploo for the majority of the past week.
    There was another GC payed out today, so you’ve got 4 from that and presumably 2 from Cantina nodes.
  • I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

I'll worry any other characters that need them once I see the ability and if it adds much utility. Like Zetas the best course is probably patience anyway.

I just don't get all the freaking out about a material you can't even use yet.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

I'll worry any other characters that need them once I see the ability and if it adds much utility. Like Zetas the best course is probably patience anyway.

That's not a reasonable argument in a resource management game. Looking ahead and planning is not only valid, it's crititcal.
  • I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

From the RA:

Omicrons are available primarily as rewards from Galactic Challenges, but a small amount can also be earned in Conquest and from Cantina nodes. Weekly Shipments will also provide Omicrons for Shard Shop currency. These are initial sources for Omicrons as we build up a library of characters with mode specific abilities
    While many upcoming characters will have mode specific abilities, existing characters will also be reworked in future updates to also have new abilities that are tied to different modes in the game. The following characters will be given an additional tier of Mode Specific Abilities over the next several updates. (Approximately 2 per update after this Title Update):

Rose Tico
    Captain Phasma
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Darth Sidious
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Zam Wesell
    Chief Chirpa
    Chief Nebit
    Imperial Probe Droid
    Hera Syndulla

So more than 1 in the next handful of updates..
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

That's not a reasonable argument in a resource management game. Looking ahead and planning is not only valid, it's crititcal.

You can plan ahead but only to the extent of what you can control.

For omicrons, the only thing I can control is trying to get max crate on GC. I already do that. Further than that, we don't have enough information to decide which character abilities are best. And plenty of time to plan that out after you get close to getting a character that uses one or they rework a character.

I agree that planning ahead is critical but planning with incomplete information is foolish.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »

From the RA:

Omicrons are available primarily as rewards from Galactic Challenges, but a small amount can also be earned in Conquest and from Cantina nodes. Weekly Shipments will also provide Omicrons for Shard Shop currency. These are initial sources for Omicrons as we build up a library of characters with mode specific abilities
    While many upcoming characters will have mode specific abilities, existing characters will also be reworked in future updates to also have new abilities that are tied to different modes in the game. The following characters will be given an additional tier of Mode Specific Abilities over the next several updates. (Approximately 2 per update after this Title Update):

Rose Tico
    Captain Phasma
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    Darth Sidious
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Zam Wesell
    Chief Chirpa
    Chief Nebit
    Imperial Probe Droid
    Hera Syndulla

So more than 1 in the next handful of updates..

Yeah I saw that. There isn't enough information there to even begin to plan on what characters to put it on.

We don't know what ability will be better or what game modes it'll effect or really anything needed to plan on how to use the omicron.

So my policy is to wait until we know more.