Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Also, Free to Play Padawan did an account review of my main account on his YouTube stream this Wednesday. I'm posting it below if you are interested (starts 1hr 16 mins in). My alt account (this one from the thread) I think will be reviewed on the next stream, so I'll def post it up. I'd advise to check out his channel and discord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SenumrYGgFI&t=2s

Congrats! This is wonderful to hear.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Week 22 Update - October 22

5460jx621kdh.png

Accomplishments & Focus Areas
    • Malevolence fully operational with GG at g11, getting #1 rank daily
    • Vader to g11 and nearing g12, will be my first relic and targeting r5 for now
    • For the 2 Empire related Assault Battles, I was able to complete Challenge Tier 1 and one and Mythic Tier on the other using my g8 Troopers...can't wait for these bad boys to reach relics
    • First round of GAC 3v3 I had a full clear with great banners, but my opponent didn't attack so not sure how well my defense will hold. Also surprised me that Div 11 still only needed 3 defensive teams in 3v3, was expecting at least 1 or 2 more...so I have lots of extra characters
    • Secondary Fleet for GAC is now actually good under Tarkin with ITB (5*) and normally starting Geo Soldier * ITF (to get more Executrix speed), then brining in Vader, JKA or Ahsoka. Likely I can change around the lineup, but Vader's RI ability is just so great under Executrix
    • Vulture Droid 7*

Current Farms
    • Fleet energy (3x refresh): JKA Eta2, Vader Tax1, Zaalbar, Jolee....rest for gear
    • Normal energy (3x): Hyena Bomber (x2), ITB and rest for gear (BSF & ST on hold at 6* for now)
    • Cantina energy (no refresh): Plo Koon...though may start with T3 or Arc Trooper, and add a refresh
    • Mod energy (3x): slicing materials, speed or potency mods - Need to put a better schedule in place
    • Cantina Store: Chopper for SSC
    • Guild Store: needed bottleneck gear and Echo
    • Squad Arena: PRESTIGE! At 122 and need 450 total to max my Malev's abilities for a 5* ship
    • GW Store: Plo's ship or maxed ships for SSC
    • Fleet Store: GG, Vader Tax1, Rex, zeta mats

Daily crystal outflow is 450 crystals, and my inflow is 600-650 per day. Based on this I think I will add at least 1 cantina refresh a day into the schedule. I am sitting at 3500 crystals and WILL NOT be targeting the CAT galactic chase tomorrow, and the next GC in November doesn't appeal to me much. Therefore, don't need to hoard too many Cs.

Glad to hear on the Mal progress! Make sure you get him to g12 soon tho, cos I can beat ur fleet 75% of the time with a g11 or below GG
  • OMG apparently a g10 4* JKA hits hard without Courage bonuses. And Ashoka g12 literally soloed some back wall for me.

Quick question, for 3v3, I usually put zzShaak L, zRex, zFives; zzPadmé L, JKA, zAhsoka; and GK L, zArc, Echo (to be zetad after the GAS event zetas are done). Should I switch GK and Padmé? Gives Ahsoka damage bonuses, and still a GR L. Also, for my CLS rebels, I think they might prove to be a better backwall defence than my trash I’m putting out there. They are only g5-9, so idk how would be best to split them. @Intimmydation since I recommended this to u on ur main, can you give me some great advice. Also, for the 2 that don’t make the cut, ROLO L, Ackbar L, or lvl up Wedge and use Wedge L? Or a totally different L. I’ll lvl 85 and g6/7 them all by the next GAC round, and will lvl up 3po’s rebel unique.

@Intimmydation
  • Glad to hear on the Mal progress! Make sure you get him to g12 soon tho, cos I can beat ur fleet 75% of the time with a g11 or below GG

I'm 33/100 so still a ways to go to be able to get g12...but yes I will bump him up (start getting gear once I'm probably 60/100 or higher). And Malev is 66/85 so should be to 6* likely after next LS TB.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 I would probably put Padme GK JKA and then Ahsoka with the other 2 clones. On which account / division is this in? On my main I go with that Padme team, and think I put GAS with Fives & Rex...but may change it up next time.

For CLS I normally split CLS C3PO & Chewpio on defense (unless the opponent has DR/Malak, then I save)...and use Wedge-L with Han & Chewie (Han/Chewie r5 but Wedge g8). Wedge with +20% offense make Han & Chewie just annihilator teams, especially at high gear levels.

Don't have ROLO, but I think she can be good on a secondary Rebels team, not sure what is the best one though.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 I would probably put Padme GK JKA and then Ahsoka with the other 2 clones. On which account / division is this in? On my main I go with that Padme team, and think I put GAS with Fives & Rex...but may change it up next time.

For CLS I normally split CLS C3PO & Chewpio on defense (unless the opponent has DR/Malak, then I save)...and use Wedge-L with Han & Chewie (Han/Chewie r5 but Wedge g8). Wedge with +20% offense make Han & Chewie just annihilator teams, especially at high gear levels.

Don't have ROLO, but I think she can be good on a secondary Rebels team, not sure what is the best one though.

Ok thx. This is my only one. Had to go down to just the main acc. (.gg in signature)

Ahsoka with ARC and Echo is interesting, but her lead is a bit useless. Plus rn my Padmé team is g9 Padmé, g11 JKA, g12 Ahsoka, g8 GK. Usually put g8 R2 in 5th for now. Nit really a top team, But Ahsoka literally 1-shot back wall teams under Padmé L (no offense boost) with JKA (no offence boost iirc). No courage, but her unique gives her a decent boost, and JKA = 1* more damage on Special. However, GK would give another bonus to damage, and his lead is the 2nd best L on a Padmé team. zFives (r7) and zRex (r4) will go with GAS once I get him, but now they’re under Shaak Ti (r4). Echo (r7) and ARC (r6) are under GK L rn, but under Padmé L they get more survivability and Courage bonuses. But on the flip side, without Padmé L, will my 4* JKA survive?
  • Made an account as im about to start following this farming guide. It looks like it covers a lot of fun stuff! I noticed you use a spreadsheet to track certain things, can you share this so I could take a copy at all?
  • My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • F2PEliza wrote: »
    Made an account as im about to start following this farming guide. It looks like it covers a lot of fun stuff! I noticed you use a spreadsheet to track certain things, can you share this so I could take a copy at all?

Hello. I will see if I can put it on a google sheets and post it. Right now on vacation so might be a few days. But there are a few helpful tabs I normally have.
  • So I made an account and have been following along with your path, I may or may not have treated myself to a 7 star vader to make the progress a bit faster haha the troopers are doing work atm and I just wanted to make sure I am staying on the right track! - I am gonna start saving up GW currency once I get zeb to 6 stars and have started to focus my cantina energy on the Geos so that the pilots are in a good place once I unlock fleet.

What I wanted to ask is do you still think going for SEE is the correct route? I see a lot of people saying go for SLKR and I think I am early enough into the account to potentially swap focus to the FO without losing too much ground. I wanted to get your opinion as im only a week into the account and a lot of you guys are like 6 months +

https://swgoh.gg/p/882651611/ <-- this is my account would be great to get your feedback!
    So I made an account and have been following along with your path, I may or may not have treated myself to a 7 star vader to make the progress a bit faster haha the troopers are doing work atm and I just wanted to make sure I am staying on the right track! - I am gonna start saving up GW currency once I get zeb to 6 stars and have started to focus my cantina energy on the Geos so that the pilots are in a good place once I unlock fleet.

What I wanted to ask is do you still think going for SEE is the correct route? I see a lot of people saying go for SLKR and I think I am early enough into the account to potentially swap focus to the FO without losing too much ground. I wanted to get your opinion as im only a week into the account and a lot of you guys are like 6 months +

https://swgoh.gg/p/882651611/ <-- this is my account would be great to get your feedback!

SEE or GAS. IMO SEE is the easiest and worst GL to go for, but quick early game. However, GAS is an all round amazing character, and can counter a few GLs. I’d go for Geos, Padme, GAS straight away but it’s up to you.
    So I made an account and have been following along with your path, I may or may not have treated myself to a 7 star vader to make the progress a bit faster haha the troopers are doing work atm and I just wanted to make sure I am staying on the right track! - I am gonna start saving up GW currency once I get zeb to 6 stars and have started to focus my cantina energy on the Geos so that the pilots are in a good place once I unlock fleet.

I'm still debating what is the path. Right now the focus is on getting Imp Troopers up to relics, and then I'm torn between the following 3:

1. JKR / DR > Malak and then into SEE. Problem is I have only passively farmed these characters
    2. SEE directly after Troopers. Probably makes the most sense in order to get the GL early, but would still need to farm Armorer and get Wat (and I don't get many shards currently)
    3. Build Shaak Ti and Clones which would then give me squads for both Wat & KAM missions, plus 2 good CPIT teams

SEE is the weakest of the GLs for sure, but can still do good in Arena especially in these young shards. SLKR is not for me as FO and Finalizer are just way out of the way, especially without doing HDB. I don't think delaying a GL to go for GAS makes sense either, as by the time he is fully up to speed, GLs will be starting to flood the arena.

SO with all that, probably makes sense to forgo the Legendary toons (Revans, Malak, GAS) and go straight for a GL.

Of course you can still have lots of fun in this game without a GL, and will only really suffer in Squad Arena, but if that's okay for you then you can build a lot of good and fun teams to help in tons of game modes...then just later on go for a stronger GL like JMK or LV.

I'm still debating what is the path. Right now the focus is on getting Imp Troopers up to relics, and then I'm torn between the following 3:

1. JKR / DR > Malak and then into SEE. Problem is I have only passively farmed these characters
    2. SEE directly after Troopers. Probably makes the most sense in order to get the GL early, but would still need to farm Armorer and get Wat (and I don't get many shards currently)
    3. Build Shaak Ti and Clones which would then give me squads for both Wat & KAM missions, plus 2 good CPIT teams

SEE is the weakest of the GLs for sure, but can still do good in Arena especially in these young shards. SLKR is not for me as FO and Finalizer are just way out of the way, especially without doing HDB. I don't think delaying a GL to go for GAS makes sense either, as by the time he is fully up to speed, GLs will be starting to flood the arena.

SO with all that, probably makes sense to forgo the Legendary toons (Revans, Malak, GAS) and go straight for a GL.

Of course you can still have lots of fun in this game without a GL, and will only really suffer in Squad Arena, but if that's okay for you then you can build a lot of good and fun teams to help in tons of game modes...then just later on go for a stronger GL like JMK or LV.

The thing is I really like SLKR and what he can offer so I think that whilst its a bit out of the way I will have more overal enjoyment with SLKR and that path.

Im still hard farming geos also as they offer so much and open me up to better guilds (im in one atm that does hpit and haat every few days).

I am still gonna use aspects of your guide as I think it is helpful to keep me orientated
    The thing is I really like SLKR and what he can offer so I think that whilst its a bit out of the way I will have more overal enjoyment with SLKR and that path.

Im still hard farming geos also as they offer so much and open me up to better guilds (im in one atm that does hpit and haat every few days).

I am still gonna use aspects of your guide as I think it is helpful to keep me orientated

Then that's an excellent reason to go for SLKR! And he is really a great GL excelling at many aspects of the game. It's the 2nd "easiest" GL to get early, really the ship grind is the hard part, but I'd suggest looking for early game guides going for him. You still need to stabilize the account with Geos imo, but then can work towards SLKR.

I'd suggest looking up Darth Loquitur's videos on the Gladiator path. His path is ~1.5 years as F2P and has you go JKR into DR Malak then SLKR.
  • I bounce back on your subject because I am looking for the best way to unlock LV and Maul, for the moment I am only 79. If you have any advice to give me I am a taker, thank you for your help.

Then that's an excellent reason to go for SLKR! And he is really a great GL excelling at many aspects of the game. It's the 2nd "easiest" GL to get early, really the ship grind is the hard part, but I'd suggest looking for early game guides going for him. You still need to stabilize the account with Geos imo, but then can work towards SLKR.

I'd suggest looking up Darth Loquitur's videos on the Gladiator path. His path is ~1.5 years as F2P and has you go JKR into DR Malak then SLKR.

So I just watched the DL videos and I think the gladiator path is bang on the nose what I want, like you said. So based on my account I have been sort of farming most of the early game stuff he recommended and I just need to focus on getting dooku, jka, boba and ashoka worked into my farms at the moment!

Thanks for the help will still be following along with your journey and if you do have a chance to get your spreadsheet into a google sheet I would be super grateful as you have everything laid out in a really nice way haha
  • I bounce back on your subject because I am looking for the best way to unlock LV and Maul, for the moment I am only 79. If you have any advice to give me I am a taker, thank you for your help.

So LV is going to take an incredibly long time as f2p and just starting out, you're probably looking 1.5 to 2 years at least. The requirements for him are very steep with 4x relic 8 characters, which means you need to be in a guild clearing cpit (240m+ gp guild), and they will likely only take players contributing 2-3M+ damage, which means 2+ relic 5 full squads.

Now this shouldn't stop you, because if you love the character you should absolutely set your sights on it, just realize it's going to be a LONG grind.

You will obviously need GAS at r8 for LV, so this should be the first big team you go for (GAS + 501st clones). You can probably get him between 7-9 months (personally I just got him on my main account after 10 months, could have been faster if I didn't do CLS first). He is a really great character and fun team, but you will need super focus.

If you still plan to go this way, we can try to work out a plan for you.
    So I just watched the DL videos and I think the gladiator path is bang on the nose what I want, like you said. So based on my account I have been sort of farming most of the early game stuff he recommended and I just need to focus on getting dooku, jka, boba and ashoka worked into my farms at the moment!

Thanks for the help will still be following along with your journey and if you do have a chance to get your spreadsheet into a google sheet I would be super grateful as you have everything laid out in a really nice way haha

Try this. It should download the file for you to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQy4R5o2r_U75gWecpP-HvH-DmLE3YpjTHKS3iVdl4Lgsfv6RmATcpCSZqxXp3K2jtg7qC7fEkMxF2U/pub?output=ods

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQy4R5o2r_U75gWecpP-HvH-DmLE3YpjTHKS3iVdl4Lgsfv6RmATcpCSZqxXp3K2jtg7qC7fEkMxF2U/pub?output=ods

Thank you this is amazing! I wanted to get your thoughts on is it worth stock piling the GW currency as soon as I get zeb to 6 stars or should I get poggle unlocked?
    F2PEliza wrote: »

Thank you this is amazing! I wanted to get your thoughts on is it worth stock piling the GW currency as soon as I get zeb to 6 stars or should I get poggle unlocked?

I would stockpile GW tokens...and you could even do it before getting Zeb to 6*. I did 6* and then hoarded but prob could have started at 5* just to get a few more. Getting those tokens saved to be able to pump into Geo ships once you hit fleet is so important, and can delay Poggle for that.

So LV is going to take an incredibly long time as f2p and just starting out, you're probably looking 1.5 to 2 years at least. The requirements for him are very steep with 4x relic 8 characters, which means you need to be in a guild clearing cpit (240m+ gp guild), and they will likely only take players contributing 2-3M+ damage, which means 2+ relic 5 full squads.

Now this shouldn't stop you, because if you love the character you should absolutely set your sights on it, just realize it's going to be a LONG grind.

You will obviously need GAS at r8 for LV, so this should be the first big team you go for (GAS + 501st clones). You can probably get him between 7-9 months (personally I just got him on my main account after 10 months, could have been faster if I didn't do CLS first). He is a really great character and fun team, but you will need super focus.

If you still plan to go this way, we can try to work out a plan for you.

Finally we’re on the same page. GAS!!!
  • Finally we’re on the same page. GAS!!!

GAS!
    9tkhhnspvuh0.png

• Finally we’re on the same page. GAS!!!

GAS!
    9tkhhnspvuh0.png

Yup. I’m still going for him. Did u spend on him? I’m struggling with Kyros and Carbantis gearing the t2 team! PAIN!!!
  • Yup. I’m still going for him. Did u spend on him? I’m struggling with Kyros and Carbantis gearing the t2 team! PAIN!!!

No nothing spent specifically for it, but phase 2 was brutal. But since I'm doing JMK I needed a r8 GK anyway (okay I guess I spent on r8) and the rest are key for my ships anyway. It was all about getting the right speed and turn order.

You can see the gear levels I put from that screenshot for phase 4. But again since I'm going JMK I needed Magnaguard at r5 anyway, and then B1 at relics is key...rest g10/11 and took some rng but was okay.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Yup. I’m still going for him. Did u spend on him? I’m struggling with Kyros and Carbantis gearing the t2 team! PAIN!!!

No nothing spent specifically for it, but phase 2 was brutal. But since I'm doing JMK I needed a r8 GK anyway (okay I guess I spent on r8) and the rest are key for my ships anyway. It was all about getting the right speed and turn order.

You can see the gear levels I put from that screenshot for phase 4. But again since I'm going JMK I needed Magnaguard at r5 anyway, and then B1 at relics is key...rest g10/11 and took some rng but was okay.

I meant to get there faster. It’s taking way too long to get Padme and GK to g12.
  • So LV is going to take an incredibly long time as f2p and just starting out, you're probably looking 1.5 to 2 years at least. The requirements for him are very steep with 4x relic 8 characters, which means you need to be in a guild clearing cpit (240m+ gp guild), and they will likely only take players contributing 2-3M+ damage, which means 2+ relic 5 full squads.

If you still plan to go this way, we can try to work out a plan for you.[/quote]

Good evening, I love Maul and GL LV. I started with the phoenix then the geo for the arena and the space fleet then in the future Wat tambor. I would like to make teams for the raids without getting too lost because there is a lot to farm. So if it was possible to help me by giving me a pattern to follow to avoid going off in all directions. Thanks in advance. Otherwise I put some money in the game.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Week 24 Update - November 4
    1oa8ddox4iib.png
    • Vader first character to g13 and took him straight to relic 5 - Only 248 speed so need to work on his mods, currently trying to farm up an Offense set for him
    • Malevolence to 6* after the compensation from CG yesterday. Rank 1 every day in fleet, pretty easy thus far
    • Troopers slowly getting to g10 and g11 which is the focus now
    • GAC has been a mixed bag, have had terrible luck with ties (3 now) which I lost every time because of lower gp....not really a fan of 3v3
    • Squad Arena I maxed at #36 yesterday using Palp-L, Vader, Piett, Gideon & Han (for the stun). This lineup allows me to climb through most other relic Vaders who outspeed me due to Han Shoots First. Just have to remember to set GBA on the last battle or I will fall hard (from 36 to 150 overnight haha)
    • Sector 1 in Conquest finished on Easy mode, but boy is this so boring now even at 900k gp
    • Joined a new guild this week with 230M+ gp, hoping it's more active that my previous guild (150m gp)
    • Previous guild I was #5 on offensive banners earned in the last TW...which is one reason I decided to move on
    • About 3 zetas saved up, not sure who yet to apply them to. Could finish out the Padme team (GK JKA & AT) but not really prioritizing this squad for gear yet....so might be a waste

Current Farms
    • Normal Energy - HB (x2), ITB and gear (Kyro battle comps)
    • Fleet - Eta2, Taxi, Zalbaar, Jolee, Shaak Ti, 3C normal
    • Cantina - signal data
    • Mods - Offense / slicing mats
    • Cantina Store - Chopper shards for SSC
    • Squad Store - Prestige
    • Guild Store - Echo and gear
    • GW Store - ships for SSC, Plo's ship
    • Fleet Store - GG, Rex, Rex's ship, zeta
    • 3x refreshes every day on Normal, Fleet & Mod Energy...with 2x refreshes on Cantina

dqebizyl01q9.png
    93s2nr9r5juz.png
  • Great to hear your doing well! I’ve found 3x potency sets with high speed and offensive secondaries to work best on my Vader (g12) and I’ve changed his mods a lot (like 5 times). However, mastery increase on his offense may change things, but I still think potency is important as those debuffs are rlly needed now to get those culling blades to work
  • Great to hear your doing well! I’ve found 3x potency sets with high speed and offensive secondaries to work best on my Vader (g12) and I’ve changed his mods a lot (like 5 times). However, mastery increase on his offense may change things, but I still think potency is important as those debuffs are rlly needed now to get those culling blades to work

Yeah I typically run a Potency set as well with Potency primary on cross...then whatever other potency mod that makes sense with good speed secondaries. So ideally 4x Offense + 2x Potency is what I'll aim for, around 270 speed...which will require 6* mods with 20 speed on all the secondaries + a speed arrow
  • ndtb063os40i.png

First time doing phase 3 of hstr with my troopers. Nearly solo’d it at these gear levels. More damage than i do (2x more) with my fully relic CLS on the main. This got me rank #5 overall for the raid in the new 233m guild I just joined two days ago….