Omnicron drop rate

Replies

• My only plan is to keep getting them :p
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

I'll worry any other characters that need them once I see the ability and if it adds much utility. Like Zetas the best course is probably patience anyway.

I just don't get all the freaking out about a material you can't even use yet.

That's not a reasonable argument in a resource management game. Looking ahead and planning is not only valid, it's crititcal.

You can plan ahead but only to the extent of what you can control.

For omicrons, the only thing I can control is trying to get max crate on GC. I already do that. Further than that, we don't have enough information to decide which character abilities are best. And plenty of time to plan that out after you get close to getting a character that uses one or they rework a character.

I agree that planning ahead is critical but planning with incomplete information is foolish.

No. I think either way it's fair to assume more omicrons is better than fewer. Even if we don't know where to use them yet. It is highly unlikely you will find yourself with a surplus anytime soon.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    My only plan is to keep getting them :p

Doesn't take much planning then.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I really don't care about omicron yet. The only character that has been announced to use them is 3 mo away. So no use for them right now. And 3 mo is generous for most players. By the time you unlock and gear, 5 mo is more reasonable for most. Personally, I'm probably going to buy gear and just unlock over 5 conquests since with current projects, I'm likely bot going to have the gear for him anyway. It is also likely that the number of microns needed will take 4 or 5 mo ftp but have a pack available for whales. So no hurry. We'll get there.

I'll worry any other characters that need them once I see the ability and if it adds much utility. Like Zetas the best course is probably patience anyway.

That's not a reasonable argument in a resource management game. Looking ahead and planning is not only valid, it's crititcal.

For omicrons, the only thing I can control is trying to get max crate on GC. I already do that. Further than that, we don't have enough information to decide which character abilities are best. And plenty of time to plan that out after you get close to getting a character that uses one or they rework a character.

I agree that planning ahead is critical but planning with incomplete information is foolish.

No. I think either way it's fair to assume more omicrons is better than fewer. Even if we don't know where to use them yet. It is highly unlikely you will find yourself with a surplus anytime soon.

I think I read that Hera will be the first character with an omicron ability. Hope I’m wrong
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    My only plan is to keep getting them :p

Doesn't take much planning then.

Just the way I like it
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Probably not. But being as they affect only a single game mode, it is also unlikely that having to wait a couple more weeks to equip one will be all that detrimental. And it is also very likely that a ton of people will rush and do the first one announced only to have a later one be way better.

There is also very little you can do at the moment to get them faster. You can try to max gc (most do that anyway if they can).

You can refresh cantina to a reasonable extent. Already a good idea for the 100 crystal refreshes if you want signal data at a reasonable rate.

You can buy them in weekly shipments. It's so overpriced that there is no way it is worth that much lost gear for one piece. But the whales will whale.

So with that all covered, what's to plan at the moment. Whether the drop rate is .5% or 2%, it won't change my farming plans.
  • Sewpot wrote: »

I think I read that Hera will be the first character with an omicron ability. Hope I’m wrong

I think I saw that too. But could just just be a rumor.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    upr8gt93d8bf.jpeg

So far this is the most rare item. I really hope the abilities they provide are worth the wait. Farming is going to be so painful if we have lost of characters in the future to level up. This rare I hope the abilities are at zeta+ level. 🤞
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Then by extension of this, isnt paying attention to what is pointed to as the main source and what is denoted as a place where "you can get a small amount", critical too?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I have 4 omicrons so far: i got 2 farming signal data with cantina energy and 2 from GC rewards

How do I have 6? Didn’t see any on cantina drops and was farming chirpa and paploo for the majority of the past week.
    There was another GC payed out today, so you’ve got 4 from that and presumably 2 from Cantina nodes.

I always got red box in all the GC and i have only 4 omicrons so that’s weird. Pretty sure i only got 2 omicrons from GC
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Then by extension of this, isnt paying attention to what is pointed to as the main source and what is denoted as a place where "you can get a small amount", critical too?

Yes. I'm not really saying anything regarding how to get them. Only that his original argument that it doesn't matter because you can't use them yet is flawed.

Yes. I'm not really saying anything regarding how to get them. Only that his original argument that it doesn't matter because you can't use them yet is flawed.

When you can't plan on how to get them and there's little or nothing you can do to efficiently increase your supply. (99% from gc), what exactly should I be planning.
  • I have 4 omicrons so far: i got 2 farming signal data with cantina energy and 2 from GC rewards

How do I have 6? Didn’t see any on cantina drops and was farming chirpa and paploo for the majority of the past week.
    There was another GC payed out today, so you’ve got 4 from that and presumably 2 from Cantina nodes.

I always got red box in all the GC and i have only 4 omicrons so that’s weird. Pretty sure i only got 2 omicrons from GC
    There have been 2 GCs paid out since Omnicrons arrived. Having 4 suggests you’ve never earned any from Cantina. Which, going by the drop rate, is perfectly believable.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    upr8gt93d8bf.jpeg

So far this is the most rare item. I really hope the abilities they provide are worth the wait. Farming is going to be so painful if we have lost of characters in the future to level up. This rare I hope the abilities are at zeta+ level. 🤞

Compared to the rarity of zetas when first introduced this is like a lolly scramble. 4 per week from GC is way quicker collection than zetas were. Plus other sources you'll easily have 20 per month if you complete most gc.

I remember something like a 6 month plan to get my zetas for CLS.

When you can't plan on how to get them and there's little or nothing you can do to efficiently increase your supply. (99% from gc), what exactly should I be planning.

Again, my only point is that not caring because you can't use them yet is irrelevant.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021

Again, my only point is that not caring because you can't use them yet is irrelevant.

I believe they are saying dont care because how much or little you care doesnt change the drop rate from cantina.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I believe they are saying dont care because how much or little you care doesnt change the drop rate from cantina.

He said he didn't understand why ppl are upset about something we can't use yet.

I explained why I didn't think that was a reason to not care. Didn't mean for this to confuse everyone, it's certainly not worth arguing about.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Plus other sources you'll easily have 20 per month if you complete most gc.
    60 Omicrons is just enough for Dadbod, since he has 3 Omicron abilities (assuming 20 mats per). That's convenient.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    60 Omicrons is just enough for Dadbod, since he has 3 Omicron abilities (assuming 20 mats per). That's convenient.

And it will probably take 3 months for everyone to get 60, the same amount of time it'll take to unlock DB Fett. Definitely not a coincidence.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Pretty much.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

And it will probably take 3 months for everyone to get 60, the same amount of time it'll take to unlock DB Fett. Definitely not a coincidence.

No most likely it'll take 4 unless you buy a pack.
  • Is anyone collecting data on the drop rate?

I feel like it's so low that you're going to need a ton of inputs to filter out good luck.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • We can stockpile the omicrons... but how many are needed finally for a toon. I believe, this will be the surprise at the end.

I think about 100 or 200 for a special ability... this would be typical for the genius CG developing (without fun for the players) way.
  • Some how I have 4 and I have not been farming for relics.
  • Three cantina energy refreshes every day.

Just got my first drop today.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    Some how I have 4 and I have not been farming for relics.
    There have been 2 galactic challenges since Omnicrons entered the game, so you likely got 2 from each of them.
  • I have 5, and I have been getting them in 2s from gc. I must have got 1 in cantina.
  • From data on my own farming and what other at writing, my guesstimate is a droprate of 0.5-1‰ pr energy spend. There is a lot uncertainty in that number, it can be as low as 0.1‰ and as "high" as 2‰.
  • Three cantina energy refreshes every day.

Just got my first drop today.

Then you have 1 more than me...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg