Conquest pass +

Sarlac_Fett
4 posts Member
edited November 2021
Why not use this “battle pass” to make conquest more fun. No repetitive feats. Just make it simple. 3 star every battle and receive all rewards and red crate. Sweet and simple. Because the way it is now I got the pass + but won’t be able to get all rewards or red crate because I don’t have smugglers, nightsisters and bad batch. Players don’t want grind. Let this be the path with no grind

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The whole game is a grind, they are not likely to make a change like this.

The idea has always been you spend and make progress faster. With the pass you are progressing further than you would have.

Personally I would have been hesitant to go all in on this Conquest without the character/factions specific to this next set of 3. Still you will have a chance to get pretty far, it may still be possible for you to get the second best crate even without those factions, if you can clear all the node battles and figure out a good combination of feats that work.
  • You can skip 132 keycards for the 2nd best crate. So you should be able to miss the really annoying ones.

If I may ask, if the rewards aren't worth it to you, why'd you buy it?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    You can skip 132 keycards for the 2nd best crate. So you should be able to miss the really annoying ones.

Tbf, there were a lot of uncommunicated changes that nobody knew until after. Bait and switch, I think they call that..
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    You can skip 132 keycards for the 2nd best crate. So you should be able to miss the really annoying ones.

Tbf, there were a lot of uncommunicated changes that nobody knew until after. Bait and switch, I think they call that..

Fair enough but it was pretty clear from looking at the global feats that you'd need bhs and smugglers.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Fair enough but it was pretty clear from looking at the global feats that you'd need bhs and smugglers.

If you looked at a datamine. Not everybody does. And there are plenty of issues outside of those feats as well. For instance did anyone know which data discs would be broken this time around?
  • I didn’t look deep enough into what was gonna hold me back. I knew they said more nodes instead of feats. So I decided I would go pass + this time to see how much it helps. So I still have a ways to go as I’m only in the beginning of sector 3. But the data discs are trash and these battles seem way harder thank before. My SEE squad could beat any team except JMK previously so I made the mistake assuming I wouldn’t have any trouble getting to the end of sector 5. But the trash data discs have slowed my performance and the one you get from battle pass isn’t as good as it should be

If you looked at a datamine. Not everybody does. And there are plenty of issues outside of those feats as well. For instance did anyone know which data discs would be broken this time around?

You can see the global feats when the conquest became available. The comment mentioned not good enough smugglers and bhs as a reason as not getting far enough. I would assume you would look at that before deciding to spend real $ on the battle pass.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You couldnt buy this before the event was open and the global feats were visible at that point. (Smugglers visible)

NS and Bad Batch didnt change.

So which parts of what you are saying has any effect on the situation, or for that matter which parts of the purchase were changed?

The idea of a bait and switch in this case is very inaccurate.
  • Kyno wrote: »

You couldnt buy this before the event was open and the global feats were visible at that point. (Smugglers visible)

So which parts of what you are saying has any effect on the situation, or for that matter which parts of the purchase were changed?

Anyone purchasing it, assuming they were getting a conquest similar to 9 may have been surprised. Discs are different (and different ones broken/fixed). Hard path was certainly not clear, and for some when it was finally posted it was too late.

Showing someone 1 product, then giving them another different product is exactly what bait and switch is. Fine print may excuse it legally, but it's still sleazy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Anyone purchasing it, assuming they were getting a conquest similar to 9 may have been surprised. Discs are different (and different ones broken/fixed). Hard path was certainly not clear, and for some when it was finally posted it was too late.

Showing someone 1 product, then giving them another different product is exactly what bait and switch is. Fine print may excuse it legally, but it's still sleazy.
    Conquest 10
    Conquest 10 is coming to Galaxy of Heroes and with it a whole host of changes.

This was the open remarks to Conquest, before it opened and before the BP+ was purchasable. We also know that discs and feats change between "seasons" we were told this and have already seen this happen.

Also you do not purchase the game mode, and had a view of all the elements this player listed before they purchased the BP+.

Again, no not even close to any sort of bait and switch.

Conquest 10

This was the open remarks to Conquest, before it opened and before the BP+ was purchasable. We also know that discs and feats change between "seasons" we were told this and have already seen this happen.

Also you do not purchase the game mode, and had a view of all the elements this player listed before they purchased the BP+.

Then explain the 1000 previous posts in this thread.

I think there were enough unexpected changes for a person to be upset they spent money. Again the fine print may have been there (for most of the changes - you still can't justify broken discs or the unknown hard mode), but personally I feel anyone upset after the fact of buying the pass had a right to feel that way.

If you disagree, that's fine. We just have different definitions of bait and switch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Conquest 10

I think there were enough unexpected changes for a person to be upset they spent money. Again the fine print may have been there (for most of the changes - you still can't justify broken discs or the unknown hard mode), but personally I feel anyone upset after the fact of buying the pass had a right to feel that way.

If you disagree, that's fine. We just have different definitions of bait and switch.

Your post is the 3rd and claims a Bait and switch, so not sure which 1k posts I should review.

To directly deal with the OPs complaint I outlined all the information that was clear before or at the time of purchase.

Again they stated they were remaking changes, how exactly are they unexpected?

Which disc is broken?

Ok let's clear this up, please show what was offered for the BP+, and what was delivered. There is no change and therefore no bait and switch.

Conquest 10

Your post is the 3rd and claims a Bait and switch, so not sure which 1k posts I should review.

To directly deal with the OPs complaint I outlined all the information that was clear before or at the time of purchase.

Which disc is broken?

Ok let's clear this up, please show what was offered for the BP+, and what was delivered. There is no change and therefore no bait and switch.

Ok, the 1000 posts in the other threads complaining about the conquest- guess you got me there.

You point to their posts regarding changes, but there are also dev posts claiming they listened to feedback and made changes to make the mode more fun. That, in my opinion, did not happen. Anyone should be able to trust what the devs tell us, and base their purchases on that. That is the product we were promised but did not receive.
  • And the perseverance disc appears very broken, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I have my own issues with the changes. For example saying the feats were better and then adding 40 battles of bhs and smugglers was pretty sleazy and borderline lying.

However, that does not remove the individual responsibility of did diligence before you buy. Even without reading the data mine, you could see that before buying.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Conquest 10

Which disc is broken?

Ok, the 1000 posts in the other threads complaining about the conquest- guess you got me there.

You point to their posts regarding changes, but there are also dev posts claiming they listened to feedback and made changes to make the mode more fun. That, in my opinion, did not happen. Anyone should be able to trust what the devs tell us, and base their purchases on that. That is the product we were promised but did not receive.

Which disc is broken?

Conquest was not purchased, the BP was.

So let's clear this up, please show what was offered for the BP+, and what was delivered. There is no change and therefore no bait and switch.
  • I have my own issues with the changes. For example saying the feats were better and then adding 40 battles of bhs and smugglers was pretty sleazy and borderline lying.

However, that does not remove the individual responsibility of did diligence before you buy. Even without reading the data mine, you could see that before buying.

I'm usually 100% for that idea. If you're going to spend money, you really do have an obligation to look into it.

I only think in this case, ppl should have been able to trust that the changes made would be positive based on our feedback as stated by the devs in the RA.

Conquest 10

Which disc is broken?

If you've played this game long enough to play conquest, you should know not to blindly trust dev posts. This isn't the first time they have peed on your back and tried to tell you it's raining.

Conquest 10

Which disc is broken?

If you've played this game long enough to play conquest, you should know not to blindly trust dev posts. This isn't the first time they have peed on your back and tried to tell you it's raining.

That may be the best argument against me yet lmao.

Conquest 10

Which disc is broken?

Posts like the last road ahead are what keep me 100% ftp. It's not even the actual grindiness of conquest that bug me. It's they lying about it. Had they come out and said that they like the grindy aspect and it will continue to be that way fine. If you want max crate, then you grind, if not the 2nd to max is much less grindy.

I'll probably still go for max crate but we'll see if it's possible with the added battles.

I just don't like being lied to in dev posts. So I don't financially support that.

Others can if they want. But I have no sympathy for buyer's remorse when almost everything in this game is ridiculously priced. $100 only saves you maybe a week of grinding.

Conquest 10

Which disc is broken?

Posts like the last road ahead are what keep me 100% ftp. It's not even the actual grindiness of conquest that bug me. It's they lying about it. Had they come out and said that they like the grindy aspect and it will continue to be that way fine. If you want max crate, then you grind, if not the 2nd to max is much less grindy.

I'll probably still go for max crate but we'll see if it's possible with the added battles.

I just don't like being lied to in dev posts. So I don't financially support that.

Others can if they want. But I have no sympathy for buyer's remorse when almost everything in this game is ridiculously priced. $100 only saves you maybe a week of grinding.

I agree with all that, except I do feel anyone who bought the pass has a right to be upset. But that's just a difference of opinion.
  • BonesRebo
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I bought the Conquest + Pass for the first time just to try it out, and it seems I will be about 10 or 20 short of the Red Crate, which I've never gotten before. It's mainly due to my roster and not having anyone that can survive in Sector 5 and get the 10 Armor Shreds in. Also I had some trouble with the Geonosian's feat in Sector 4, simply due to my Geo's being not relic level and barely being able to survive. I'm hoping I'll be able to power through. I'm currently sitting in Sector 5, 4 battles in, and 2/3 one of them.

Enemies are simply hitting so hard and have so much speed they even outrun my fastest, Relic'd teams. Conquest + Pass doesn't really help with this. I'm still getting mostly gray and bad data disks as well. The worst thing is when you enter a battle and the enemies are so fast that you don't even get a turn and by the time you do, its a 1v5. Also you lose energy for this(losing a battle). I'll also say that the energy and stamina needs to recover faster in general, because someone who only has 2-3 good teams, has to still wait a while to get back to 100% with the squad, while the energy will usually be maxed first.

I'm also playing only on Normal conquest, and I'm currently sitting at 422/495.

It's unfortunate because when conquest first came out it was extremely fun, was not monetized, and I had a blast playing it. Now it feels like a giant chore, a waiting game for energy and stamina, and generally just not as fun due to a lot less fun data disk and getting the same data disks over and over.
    Let us combine 3 grey data disks to make a blue one or something, or add some type of data disk trade in system.

I'm getting way off topic, but basically I won't be buying the Conquest + Pass ever again unless there are some good changed to Conquest in general. I mean why spend 30$ on a 2 week game mode that seems like its there to just get on your nerves. (At least in my experience)