Massive TW matchmaking issues

This new TW matchmaking needs some changes, badly.
#1- if you get up-matched into a guild significantly larger than your guild. You should get rewards based on how you get matched, period.

Our guild just fought a nearly 60m up scale, we had to set 24 team PER ZONE at 170m GP. We managed to pull out the win. Now, we are fighting a guild at 270m GP while we are 181m GP. 90m higher!!

They have nearly 2,000 relic levels more, 2,400 zetas more. In what universe is this fair to my guild. Then, even if we win we get rewards for our tiny bracket, and they get rewards for their bracket. They get more rewards for losing than we would for winning.....

If you get matched up into higher divisions, you deserve their rewards. We are on a 5 win streak, they are on a 8 loss streak, which probably triggered the match. However, I still find this far from fair and we should at the very least be compensated when we managed to win against insurmountable odds instead of getting less than our opponents who lost.

image0.jpg

Replies

• This is insane, I know they said they would take loss streaks into account. I was hoping that would mean matching up two teams that are on loosing streak. Not punishing those from lower divisions who are on winning streaks!

Disgusting.
  • That is insane. That kind of mismatched match making is ridiculous and should never happen, especially after they “fixed” matchmaking to make it “better”. At the very least, make the rewards the same for both teams. If the weaker team wins, they should get the 270mil rewards and not 170mil bracket rewards.
  • Since the matchmaking was “improved” my guild has had only one fair match, all others have been completely lopsided. We had one matchup where the guild we were facing had had 81 GLs compared to my guilds 26. The formula is clearly broken and much worse than it was.

I just want CG to first acknowledge this and notify everyone they are going to fix it, otherwise territory war is going to be a waste of everyone’s time and absolutely no fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tamburis wrote: »
    Since the matchmaking was “improved” my guild has had only one fair match, all others have been completely lopsided. We had one matchup where the guild we were facing had had 81 GLs compared to my guilds 26. The formula is clearly broken and much worse than it was.

I just want CG to first acknowledge this and notify everyone they are going to fix it, otherwise territory war is going to be a waste of everyone’s time and absolutely no fun.

They are monitoring the situation and they are adjusting as we run through iterations. They are aware things need to be dialed in and are working on it.
  • This has been years of being broken not much confidence left in them ever actually fixing it. We've had 9 out of the last 10 matches against guilds between 40-75mill above us. Last one they had 4:1 GLs. It'll never get fixed after being broken since pretty much launch years ago
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Yup 3 if the last 4 TWs out opponents have had double the GLs, this along with conquest is really making this game hard to play
  • We are in the same boat. This last TW is really troubling, 250gp us vs 316gp them with a difference of 70GLs. Feels like a loss with numbers like that. I see the original tw matchmaking issue was started in 2018 (STARTED) and this issue still persists even though they are monitoring. What do you need to monitor for 2 years plus with the data the players are providing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We are in the same boat. This last TW is really troubling, 250gp us vs 316gp them with a difference of 70GLs. Feels like a loss with numbers like that. I see the original tw matchmaking issue was started in 2018 (STARTED) and this issue still persists even though they are monitoring. What do you need to monitor for 2 years plus with the data the players are providing?

@Kingcilantro they announced changes to the way MM is done, so the current monitoring of the situation is different than that post.
  • Can we kill that other post then since it seems not relevant anymore? I posted on there as well