My first post ever in 6 years

I had to create a username and everything to post this because I think it's important to say.

The executor mirror match is ruining my experience with this game. I can put up with the stupid feats in conquest and the endless grind to the next great shiny toy. I can handle the GL and Vader changes, even. But the stupidity of having a "better" BAM, makes a worse fleet, is making me lose my marbles.

If this the end product, then I will never relic anything past 5 again until it's tested that it actually gets better. Please, for god's sake. Fix this. I will literally go back to Negotiator mirrors, god help me.

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Agreed. But working as intended. Not saying that it is right. But Bam is an exception to this 😅😅
  • That's the problem, it is working as stupidly as intended.

And CG don't cares about their customers. No fun for us intended. ;-)
  • Use GG against him if you don't like the mirror
  • Currently then, what level should one get BAM to prevent this problem from occurring? I haven't got BAM yet but RC is my next project....you say Relic'ing BAM is a problem...should I Relic to R5 or aim to keep at G12+5?

Or, what should one do with RC?
  • My BAM is r5 and I have absolutely no problem winning mirror matches.
  • R5 seems to be the sweet spot. Mine is R8 and I'm 70% win rate against a lower-reliced BAM

Perhaps explain how you win against faster BAM?
  • Didn’t people advise to get a slower BAM?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    My BAM is r5 and I have absolutely no problem winning mirror matches.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCLbmUCTK7ESz2VKTPFTn9eQ

Here I have a few videos I’ve recorded on how to beat whether you go first or second.

My Mando is r7 and i also have no problem

Possible solution to others:

1. your starting lineup HAS to be XB, RC and HT IN THIS ORDER.
    2. if you start first, mass swarm the enemy's RC, otherwise, use HT's special on their HT and then the mass attack on RC
    3. Ebon Hawk as first reinforcement
  • Golubowski wrote: »

2. if you start first, mass swarm the enemy's RC, otherwise, use HT's special on their HT and then the mass attack on RC

Yeah, that is all known and done, of course. But thanks
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

I use a good strategy.

Someone else has posted videos. No sense reinventing the wheel.
  • Golubowski wrote: »

If enemy starts first I tend not to use the mass attack first up with my Executor. I usually use heal on RC (if it was him the enemy mass attack targeted).

About 1 in every 10 battles the enemy mass attack focuses my HT. When that happens, I do use my own mass attack first up.

There is no doubt though that EH as first RI is the critical part of winning mirror matches.
  • It's simple. If their executor goes first and targets RC you retreat. Can't recover from that
  • It's simple. If their executor goes first and targets RC you retreat. Can't recover from that
    That is so wrong - I presume you’re kidding?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    It is actually hilarious that the executor meta is less dependent on any BH or Empire ships but an Old Republic ship like EH.
  • Antario wrote: »
    It is actually hilarious that the executor meta is less dependent on any BH or Empire ships but an Old Republic ship like EH.

I mean who would have guessed that when EH was first introduced (like what, 2 years ago?). They should have made that ship part of the Executor event requirement.

If your RC gets targeted you have 2 choices

Heal and be behind the 8 ball
    Mass swarm their RC and your RC is dead before ebon hawk comes in. Game over
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    It's simple. If their executor goes first and targets RC you retreat. Can't recover from that

If your RC gets targeted you have 2 choices

Heal and be behind the 8 ball
    Mass swarm their RC and your RC is dead before ebon hawk comes in. Game over
    Ok.

I have lost 2 mirrors in the last 7 days. I typically need 5-7 battles to reach payout. Enemy Exec has gone first in more than half of those battles.

I don’t understand how healing puts you “behind” anything. I do it all the time and win comfortably.
  • Since Bam is such a trash character currently i won't move mine past R2 with no zetas. I'd rater lose a couple of matches than invest resources in trash.

On that note i don't really have any issues at R2.
  • I did once win a mirror match after my Executor had been blown up. That felt good.