Thermal detonators in the First Order Galactic Challenge?

Try to inflict 40 thermals in a First Order GC?`
Just curious if this is intended or just another slipup?
As far as I recall you have always been able to get all the feats done for a challenge, as long as you have the right faction. I'm neither invested in Jawas or have the correct BHs and I was looking forward to a red chest but this won't be reachable now for me. In my opinion it's fine to throw in a niche challenge like Ewoks, Jawas and all the other non-meta factions but having faction-themed challenges whose feats are just random sucks.

Replies

• In hindsight the droids as opponents does seem more like a Jawa challenge as well, rather than a First Order one...
  • Herodis4 wrote: »
    As far as I recall you have always been able to get all the feats done for a challenge, as long as you have the right faction. I'm neither invested in Jawas or have the correct BHs and I was looking forward to a red chest but this won't be reachable now for me. In my opinion it's fine to throw in a niche challenge like Ewoks, Jawas and all the other non-meta factions but having faction-themed challenges whose feats are just random sucks.

i mean i dont know my resistance that well, but last GC they needed to do DoTs and none do that to my knowledge
  • I would argue that DoTs are a far more accessible feat as there are a multitude of factions and champions that inflict them. As for the thermals it's either Jawas, or a handful of Bountyhunters. I get it - BHs are the new thing, the whole conquest is BH themed but is it really necessary for every game mode to evolve around a certain faction?
    We just had a Thermal Challenge 2 weeks ago.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Once again, the modifier only seems to affect the player and not the AI controlled team.

R7 Jango with full crit build hitting for 11k while K2SO hitting me for 30k+
    Droids have +30% offence.

How would that affect your r7 Jango?
    I would argue that DoTs are a far more accessible feat as there are a multitude of factions and champions that inflict them. As for the thermals it's either Jawas, or a handful of Bountyhunters. I get it - BHs are the new thing, the whole conquest is BH themed but is it really necessary for every game mode to evolve around a certain faction?
    Galactic Challenges are designed to reward roster depth and/or theory crafting to achieve certain feats.

Those with wide rosters will red crate all (or almost all) challenges. Those with narrow rosters won't.

There's 2 of them every week, so over the long haul you still get a heap of material for free from them.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I used
    SLKR, KRU, Zam, Dengar, Greedo
    and got the feat with first attempt. You don't need the faction for all feats, but to achieve max. crate
    I would argue that DoTs are a far more accessible feat as there are a multitude of factions and champions that inflict them. As for the thermals it's either Jawas, or a handful of Bountyhunters. I get it - BHs are the new thing, the whole conquest is BH themed but is it really necessary for every game mode to evolve around a certain faction?
    Galactic Challenges are designed to reward roster depth and/or theory crafting to achieve certain feats.

Those with wide rosters will red crate all (or almost all) challenges. Those with narrow rosters won't.

There's 2 of them every week, so over the long haul you still get a heap of material for free from them.

I do understand the principle of those challenges and the idea of roster depth. I would not consider my roster narrow either, I'm lacking certain factions to some degree yes, but you are missing my point I guess. I would not say that a feat that is limiting you to a handful of champs (Dengar, Zam, Greedo, Jawas) is considered "theory crafting".
    If the theme for a challenge is First Order, why would I assume that I additionally need a very specific set of champs that also are shoved down our throat for Conquest. If you haven't geared them up for Conquest and can get better rewards there, at least give the people a break and let them get creative in the challenges.

Additionally I'm wondering about your definition of "free" stuff. If you consider the rewards you get from the challenges free, then per definition also the stuff from TB, TW and Raids is considered free and that I would say is not the case. Free stuff is the stuff you get just for logging in and don't have to do anything for in my book.
  • 3fti155fhhkm.jpg

I did the thermal feat with them. Kill all until hk and kso stands alone. Zam and greedo place the bombs. Warning : its very rng.
  • Finally got the thermal detonator feat after a l9ng long battle using a g9 zam. Ran jkl lead wat thrawn zam plus 1 tank. I used jml as the tank as his ability block and cooldown reduction came in handy for reducing the chance of an aoe killing zam. I wish they could implement a counter for feat, having to keep track of the number of thermal detonator applied attempts in my head is irksome
  • Demeter wrote: »
    3fti155fhhkm.jpg

I did the thermal feat with them. Kill all until hk and kso stands alone. Zam and greedo place the bombs. Warning : its very rng.

Thanks bud, but I was not really looking for advice on how to get the feat done but I very much appreciate the effort. I got the gold chest myself and more I can't do with my roster. Using JML is creative and all, I only got SLKR myself and with him I can't really make it work.

My point being is that the thermal detonator feat is an extremely specific one that requires you to have the named characters geared which are also required for basically the whole of conquest if you want to reach those high chests. I'm not ranting about Conquest for that matter, if BHs is the theme for the next 3 months then so be it. But I honestly think there is no need to overload the whole game with just those few characters at the same time.
    I obviously respect other opinions, I don't think I'm entitled to the max rewards every time but if you already require a specific thing (full FO), keep out other specific feats (thermals) and put in something you can get crafty with, with a variety of champs and not just the usual Conquest strategy: Hide the bad toons behind JML.

And for god's sake implement that feat-counter already.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Once again, the modifier only seems to affect the player and not the AI controlled team.

R7 Jango with full crit build hitting for 11k while K2SO hitting me for 30k+
    Droids have +30% offence.

How would that affect your r7 Jango?

The globle modifier, the debuff one that gives everyone -50% offence with 10 stacks
    Yeah, Jango gets -50%, but droids will have this mitigated by the +30%, so you’d expect them to hit differently.
  • Assuming they did it to force two battles. Last few have been one and done.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    Assuming they did it to force two battles. Last few have been one and done.

~7.5m GP and I had to do 2 battles the last GC to get the DoT feat done cuz I don't have RH Poe geared up so I sent in my DV.
    But obviously I'm the only player in the swgoh universe that doesn't have RH Poe geared up and all other players were able to do that feat with their full resistance squad.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    Demeter wrote: »
    3fti155fhhkm.jpg

Thanks bud, but I was not really looking for advice on how to get the feat done but I very much appreciate the effort. I got the gold chest myself and more I can't do with my roster. Using JML is creative and all, I only got SLKR myself and with him I can't really make it work.

My point being is that the thermal detonator feat is an extremely specific one that requires you to have the named characters geared which are also required for basically the whole of conquest if you want to reach those high chests. I'm not ranting about Conquest for that matter, if BHs is the theme for the next 3 months then so be it. But I honestly think there is no need to overload the whole game with just those few characters at the same time.
    I obviously respect other opinions, I don't think I'm entitled to the max rewards every time but if you already require a specific thing (full FO), keep out other specific feats (thermals) and put in something you can get crafty with, with a variety of champs and not just the usual Conquest strategy: Hide the bad toons behind JML.

And for god's sake implement that feat-counter already.

I agree with you totaly. This feat doesnt belong to this faction. But i think there is no way to turn cgs idea in a good one.
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Assuming they did it to force two battles. Last few have been one and done.

~7.5m GP and I had to do 2 battles the last GC to get the DoT feat done cuz I don't have RH Poe geared up so I sent in my DV.
    But obviously I'm the only player in the swgoh universe that doesn't have RH Poe geared up and all other players were able to do that feat with their full resistance squad.

You are not alone. I have him at lvl 1 :)
  • AM2Rainman
    247 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    zatho wrote: »
    I used
    and got the feat with first attempt. You don't need the faction for all feats, but to achieve max. crate

I never would have tried something like that but ended up doing it with Zam lead, Dengar, Greedo, SLKR and Hux. Thanks for putting this out there.

Edit: it did take a few tries and I had to do Tier 10 because I was killing them off too quick otherwise. Tried to limit SLKR to basics and pokes so I didn't ramp his damage. Only got 2 turns with Zam and did the first and second special. Still cant' believe that worked.

ct49c8eu658d.png
  • It is a bit of slog, but I did it with JKLS lead, JML, Wat, Dengar and Zam. Keeping the AOE opponents ability blocked is key. Can be a bit difficult with all the taunts.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Rey, Wat, Chief Nebit, Jawa Scavenger, undersized and TD feat at once. Thanks Fueled by Rage discord!
    ETA: Health on Rey, Tank on Nebit and weapon to scav.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »
    I used

I never would have tried something like that but ended up doing it with Zam lead, Dengar, Greedo, SLKR and Hux. Thanks for putting this out there.

Edit: it did take a few tries and I had to do Tier 10 because I was killing them off too quick otherwise. Tried to limit SLKR to basics and pokes so I didn't ramp his damage. Only got 2 turns with Zam and did the first and second special. Still cant' believe that worked.

ct49c8eu658d.png

Well the idea is simple. You only need to try to apply detonators. So these three need to use their special only a few times. KRU makes them survive long enough and SLKR can win the battle after you got the detonators feat done. Zam has even a second special to apply detonators if the enemy already has some.

Glad to hear my post helped you
  • Demeter wrote: »
    3fti155fhhkm.jpg

That's what I used, but with Zam's leadership for the bonus thermal detonators.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Feat counter, please.

Had to do this feat several times because I was sure I had 40, but nope.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Feat counter, please.

Had to do this feat several times because I was sure I had 40, but nope.

Feat counter is a QOL that is too expansive.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    There's never really been anything to say all the feats have to align with the highlighted faction. The faction feat is its own separate thing. It seems like many of the more recent GCs have been one-and-dones, but this isn't always the case.

Not having thermal-dealing characters is also a much easier pill to swallow than when brand new Bando was required. This GC's equivalent would be requiring Maul for a feat.
    In hindsight the droids as opponents does seem more like a Jawa challenge as well, rather than a First Order one...

Opponents and locations are randomized.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Too many people have SLKR. They must put some difficulty to prevent red crate from being too easy to acquire.