CAT in Padme vs CLS squad

Intimmydation
680 posts Member
edited November 2021
So I just unlocked my CAT and have her at g11, should be relic'd in a couple days, just a couple missing pieces.

Currently I am running a fully relic'd CLS squad in Arena, shown below but with C3PO, but also have a Padme squad I could run. Does anyone have experience using CAT in any of these lineups (I'm going for JMK but still a ways off)? My Padme is g12 but I would take her to g13 after I finish CAT.

I'm in a shard about 11 months old so is mainly full of SLKR with some SEE sprinkled in, looking to see what is the best counter from these squads.

3dpot20n4b5z.jpeg

Replies

• Padme, CAT, JKA, AT, and GK isn't a bad team but I don't know if any team is strong enough to beat a GL.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Padme stands more of a chance against GLs. If you do see GAS, I would go with CLS, but Padme is still as good as when she was released.
    3v3 FTW
  • Padme stands more of a chance against GLs. If you do see GAS, I would go with CLS, but Padme is still as good as when she was released.

Yeah GAS is no problem even now using my CLS. Padme prob the best bet against SLKR since he will just keep stunning GK but shien can go on AT and she will get tons of assists to reduce CATs cooldown.

With CLS chewie will get stunned so won’t get to assist, so I’m guessing putting shien on Han could work since he will at least counter to reduce some cooldowns
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Neither will hold up to a GL, however CAT fits better with Padme as that squad is HP based, and it frees up C3PO to be with CLS full-time.
  • Padme with CAT can beat some SLKRs (R8 SLKRs or very well modded R7 ones will cause you problems). You will need to relic her though to survive the AoEs (min R5).
    So I just unlocked my CAT and have her at g11, should be relic'd in a couple days, just a couple missing pieces.

Currently I am running a fully relic'd CLS squad in Arena, shown below but with C3PO, but also have a Padme squad I could run. Does anyone have experience using CAT in any of these lineups (I'm going for JMK but still a ways off)? My Padme is g12 but I would take her to g13 after I finish CAT.

I'm in a shard about 11 months old so is mainly full of SLKR with some SEE sprinkled in, looking to see what is the best counter from these squads.

3dpot20n4b5z.jpeg

• Padme with CAT can beat some SLKRs (R8 SLKRs or very well modded R7 ones will cause you problems). You will need to relic her though to survive the AoEs (min R5).

Got my CAT to r5 yesterday, so now working to get Padme to r5 as well...anyway will need this squad for CPIT. Then AT bumped up a couple relics also.

Though I think it would be better to take JKA out of this squad and replace with GMY or Shaak (although mine are both g11 atm), as they can use more specials and call more assists from Snips, getting that cooldown faster.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    So far testing in my Padme squad has been okay, but no wins yet as I still need to relic Padme.

g12 Padme, r5 CAT, r8 GK, r3 Ahsoka, r7 GAS (used him since SLKR targets JKA and my GMY is only g11). Oh and I realized after these attempts I was missing 1 of my mods on GK b/c I had stolen it for CAT, so was costing me 20% defense plus 5% health set bonus....oops

1st attempt vs r8 SLKR with ultimate (standard FO double tank lineup)

mlu2ly318dr9.png
    xsrir8gru10w.png

2nd attempt vs r8 SLKR NO ultimate (with r7 Malak instead of FOST)

bgcd9pypyo7q.jpeg

He decided to go HAM after this photo, was crazy.

3rd attempt vs r7 Rey with ultimate (Finn, PO, JTR, Holdo) - took out JTR, Finn & Poe, but too many whirlwinds to survive
    [No photo]
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Alright so test results so far:

My squad: g12 Padme (should be relic tomorrow), r5 CAT, Ahsoka & JKA, with r8 GK

Won 2x today against these GLs:

1. SEE with ultimate (r7) with r7 Marauder, r7 Vader, r6 Dooku, g9 Wat
    - Battle went well until SEE got ultimate, which wiped everyone but the 2 Ahsoka's, who then took him out.
    2. SEE with ultimate (r7) with r6 Thrawn, g12 SET, g12 Han, g7 Armorer
    - Battle was pretty easy to take everyone out, even though CAT got stunned by Han first. But this guys' SEE was much tankier than the first, though was able to get 2 big hits on him just before he went into ult.
    3. SEE with ultimate (r8) with r8 DR & Malak, r7 Marauder, g11 Armorer
    - This one I got destroyed because of Malak's taunt early.

Against SLKR I get close, but Padme will need to be at relics for my team to survive.

Got Padme to relic 5 today.

r5 non-ult SLKR single tank...pretty easy even though I screwed up and left JKA in my lineup, so essentially took them on 4v5...will try some SLKR w/ ultimate soon, but putting GAS in the lineup instead of JKA
    Post edited by Intimmydation on
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Alright so got my Padme to r5 yesterday, running these squads below vs SLKR and SEE:

8y4eagd1fnko.jpeg

SEE is no problem, but will try again the Malak ones later.

Attempt versus a r7 SLKR with ultimate and double tank lineup, results shown below.

ayq2mg2pwjiq.jpeg
    dbgvw91aze22.jpeg
    fgsslm36txqw.jpeg
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Alright so got my Padme to r5 yesterday, running these squads below vs SLKR and SEE:

8y4eagd1fnko.jpeg

SEE is no problem, but will try again the Malak ones later.

Attempt versus a r7 SLKR with ultimate and double tank lineup, results shown below.

ayq2mg2pwjiq.jpeg
    dbgvw91aze22.jpeg
    fgsslm36txqw.jpeg

You have any videos or strat? Would love to hear more on this
  • RTS wrote: »
    You have any videos or strat? Would love to hear more on this

I may try to record some video on Friday when I have access to bluestacks.

Overall today was successful, 5 different GLs beat on my climb from #45 to #7 (3x ult SLKR, 1x non-ult SLKR, 1x ult SEE). The last SLKR was pretty tough, only had a 33% success rate but was close, and I'm sure if I pushed a relic level up on Snips & CAT it would be easier. Plus I don't think GAS is the ideal 5th for this team, will try with GMY or Shaak once they are relic'd (since I need them for JMK anyway).

Strategy vs SLKR (double tank)

Below is based on my squad's current turn order based on speed. I have some mod work to do on Padme putting a health primary cross and potentially health primary arrow)

1. SLKR will open with his stun on GK...and will keep attacking GK every turn except for his AOE
    2. CAT puts shien onto Ahsoka (assist 1) targeting FOST > Ahsoka uses special (assist 2) targeting FOST
    3. Padme mass assist targeting FOST (assist 3)
    4. GAS uses armor shred targeting FOST (assist 4) - FOST should die from this after GAS uses the AOE bonus
    5. CAT basic on FOST if not dead, otherwise target KRU
    6. I THINK CAT should then be able to use Force Leap on this turn to kill KRU (if not then, then basic KRU and basics from the rest on KRU until CAT's next turn which she can use force leap

So that is part 1 of the battle above, and after that you would have taken out both tanks, and SLKR will not yet be in his ultimate (Hux & ST likely the 2 other characters left). We will leave ST alone as his assists out of turn will just give our squad protection up, so go for Hux next.

1. Try to hold onto your Padme 1st special (heal) until after SLKR does his ultimate
    2. Basics on SLKR with CAT & Padme, special from Ahsoka to get healed a bit, and armor shred from GAS (GK will be perpetually stunned)
    3. When SLKR goes into ultimate and is in Aggressive stance, just basic on Sith Trooper until SLKR comes out
    4. After SLKR uses his ultimate AOE, use Padme's 1st special (healing as soon as you can)
    5. One SLKR is out of Aggressive Stance, then start attacking him using: Ahsoka's special if available, Padme mass assist, GK mass or dispel if you need (after Padme dispels his stun)
    6. On CAT's turn, you likely will have both Shien & Force Leap available. USE SHIEN on Ahsoka first which will call Snips to assist with more damage and stack 50% offense on CAT
    7. Until CAT's turn is back around, use as many specials (to call assists from Ahsoka) as you can, which will stack more offense on CAT
    8. CAT then uses Force Leap on SLKR....likely won't kill him but he should be in the red or yellow, you will get an assist from Ahsoka...and then should be able to kill him off with whoever goes next

It's a bit worded there, straight forward on part 1 though. Like I said, I'll try to record some video in the coming days.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    @RTS @Jojophoenix15 @LordDirt

So have recorded a few videos today. Tried sticking C3P0 in the lineup instead of GAS or JKA and it has worked way better

1st video is against a well modded relic 7 SLKR with ultimate.

https://youtu.be/Ngza5gPnWuQ

And this freaking bad boy here is me taking down a relic 8 JMK with ultimate and CAT! Didn’t lose a toon except GK for the instakill. This was my first attempt so not sure the consistency yet.

https://youtu.be/LQOVPEciqYg
  • Nice! What are the speeds for your characters?
    @RTS @Jojophoenix15 @LordDirt

So have recorded a few videos today. Tried sticking C3P0 in the lineup instead of GAS or JKA and it has worked way better

1st video is against a well modded relic 7 SLKR with ultimate.

https://youtu.be/Ngza5gPnWuQ

And this freaking bad boy here is me taking down a relic 8 JMK with ultimate and CAT! Didn’t lose a toon except GK for the instakill. This was my first attempt so not sure the consistency yet.

https://youtu.be/LQOVPEciqYg

• Nice! What are the speeds for your characters?

w9720rmqa2tx.png

Nothing to write home about. Definitely some improvements I could make like more potency on 3P0. But I have too many characters I’m trying to mod right now and not enough refreshes for mods

• So since I've switched to using C3PO in the lineup, I have not had any issue with r7 SLKR w/ ultimate.

Relic 8 is still an issue, but there are places I can improve my modding, just have way too many characters I'm working on atm.

Also JMK no CAT is not an issue, they just don't have enough damage to break thru, and since there are tons of out of turn attacks, I just stack more protection.

JMK with CAT I still need some more attempts, issue is I can't land a confuse on GK just before CAT's Force Leap is ready, then I can't take out the enemy CAT. My C3PO still needs some mod improvements though, so that should help.