LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

• Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    I remember hearing a direct quote from either Doja or Crumb on Cubs' interview "JMK can counter LV with proper play", suggesting 1. It won't be an easy battle, and 2. Who knows if any other GLs will be able to counter him. Turns out "proper play" was pressing the auto button and just about every GL can counter him....

You see what they said about Executor counters?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    I remember hearing a direct quote from either Doja or Crumb on Cubs' interview "JMK can counter LV with proper play", suggesting 1. It won't be an easy battle, and 2. Who knows if any other GLs will be able to counter him. Turns out "proper play" was pressing the auto button and just about every GL can counter him....

No actually. What?
    LordDirt wrote: »

No actually. What?

Before the ship came out they were telling everyone good luck trying to beat it with other fleets. We all saw how that mess turned out.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    LordDirt wrote: »

No actually. What?

- they wished everyone "good luck" beating it, obviously implying that it would be a powerhouse on defense
    - when it got released it was garbage on defense, getting easily beaten by Male, Nego and even Rebels - it was garbage because the mass swarm attack needed to target an enemy with breach and the heal ability was obviously useless, so the Exe started off with a basic
    - the only way to have a faster ship than a 7* Exe to apply breach before the Exe goes was a R8 IG but IG is far inferior to the XB as a starting ship
    - seeing the 7* Exe performances most good players intentionally avoided getting a 7* Exe and kept their Exe on 5 or 6* and also kept the heal ability on lvl 6
    - then CG buffed the Executor by changing the mass attack ability by removing the breach condition, dispelling tenacity up (to breach and mark the target opponent with the XB and RC starting lineup) and a dmg boost for BH allies assisting
    - they also changed the AI to focus the opponents RC (previously the targeting was pretty random, it was a 50:50 whether it would go for HT or RC; post buff it's now rather like 80:20 with a clear focus on RC)
    - still didn't touch the obviously flawed healing ability which ppl still complained about
    - and just recently we finally got that stupid healing ability updated to make only BH tank ships taunt

The shocking thing about all this: CG's level of play testing (and kit design aswell - I mean, who even came up with the taunt idea on that healing ability in its original state?)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • All that nonsense with executor and they went mad fixing him, SEE could beat JMK+Cat so they buffed the hell out of them vs Sith. Almost anything can beat LV on defence, by far their most expensive GL and… “we’re looking into it,” perhaps the worst words to hear from CG coz you know it means they don’t give a crap. If they kept the same standard and others didn’t get buffed, I wouldn’t mind but every one I go for gets the shaft. Given his expense to unlock, LV should be strongest, no way around that. As it stands, I’m most happy to have relic BB since that’s the best part of getting LV.
  • Including myself theres a whooping 3 LVs in my arena right now, one of which is floating around in the 40's, but CG still gonna find a way to call it WAI
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Including myself theres a whooping 3 LVs in my arena right now, one of which is floating around in the 40's, but CG still gonna find a way to call it WAI

My arena has one person using Lord Vader, Maul in arena.

And then about 3-4 of us who have LV Maul and just use JMK Cat in arena since it’s quicker, easier and performs better.

Fun fact: In the top 100 of squad arenas,

There are 23161 of 31894 JMKs aka 72.6% of all JMKs being used.

While only 1271 of 5872 LVs aka 21.6% of all LVs being used.

An overwhelming majority of LV owners don’t use the newest GL (and currently most expensive unit) in squad arena. 😂

Now there is probably some owners who are working on ULT / don’t have maul (who makes a minor difference really) but I’ve spoken to a good amount of ULT LV & Maul owners who simply don’t use him in arena because JMK is just superior.
  • Can't decide whether I'd put him above or below Rey but he's definitely in the lower half of the GL rankings imo which is ridiculous for the by far most expensive GL.

Overall ranking considering all aspects (pvp, raids, tbs, requirements, usefulness of requirements):

#1: JMK (with CAT)
    #2: SLKR
    #3: JML
    #4: LV (with Maul)
    #5: Rey
    #6: SEE

As my first (or second) GL I'd never go for LV, way too expensive even though some of his requirements are very nice (looking at you BB). His HSR solo with DV also seems more stressful than SLKR or JMK. He's not bad overall (requirements aside) but his defensive viablity just doesn't reflect his 1.5 GL status.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • It’s funny too how JML, who was utter trash as a lead since he came out, now utterly stomps LV. I’m happy JML does better now (especially those who took him to r9) but LV and his team shouldn’t be stuck hitting away at a perma-taunting Luke with pool noodles while he lets his whole team hit for 100k every move (depending how high his protection is). Yet still no word other than “yeah we’ll see.”
  • It’s funny too how JML, who was utter trash as a lead since he came out, now utterly stomps LV. I’m happy JML does better now (especially those who took him to r9) but LV and his team shouldn’t be stuck hitting away at a perma-taunting Luke with pool noodles while he lets his whole team hit for 100k every move (depending how high his protection is). Yet still no word other than “yeah we’ll see.”

Yeah, its pretty funny how LV is hard countered by JML since he has no cleanse or taunt ignore. If they hadnt nerfed GAS and JKL it probably would have been a very onesided battle, something that they probably noticed during development.

If youre asking me they probably gave LV a whole lot of weaknesses (AB, enemy cleanse, needing underestimated which only ramps up against Jedi/GR etc.) intentionally, because they are already looking towards the next meta and want to make it easier to design a new GL that curbstomps him.
  • you have fixed executor 3 times now, even the last buff, which was not needed at all, but LV is WAI... honestly CG, rearrange your priorities, because LV is the hardest investment ever in the game yet he is the worst GL to date
  • zatchy
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Can't decide whether I'd put him above or below Rey but he's definitely in the lower half of the GL rankings imo which is ridiculous for the by far most expensive GL.

Overall ranking considering all aspects (pvp, raids, tbs, requirements, usefulness of requirements):

#1: JMK (with CAT)
    #2: SLKR
    #3: JML
    #4: LV (with Maul)
    #5: Rey
    #6: SEE

As my first (or second) GL I'd never go for LV, way too expensive even though some of his requirements are very nice (looking at you BB). His HSR solo with DV also seems more stressful than SLKR or JMK. He's not bad overall (requirements aside) but his defensive viablity just doesn't reflect his 1.5 GL status.

I definitely have Rey above him. You can put trash can toons with Rey and she’s fine. Her viability throughout the game modes is pretty good. I think LV is firmly 5th in terms of overall viability, but I might have SEE ahead of him. If you had to choose when including requirements into your consideration, LV is far and away the worst GL. By far the highest gear requirements (remember he also requires an extra character in Rex), for what I consider to be the 5th most powerful GL, and he’s probably 6th if you don’t have Maul.
  • At this point I’ve revised potential changes right down, lock the debuffs on his second move for the 2 turns and fix his ai at least a little, I’m sure even the “woah all suggestions would break the game, even though our LS characters did that already,” CG would agree that is acceptable. No ramping up damage quicker since they already somehow think he’s a “beast,” and no buffing the team… just give us that at the very least, even I, who sometimes goes overboard on potential buffs to characters, have to say it isn’t an OP change at all.
  • I don't see any new responses from Capitol Games in here. "we are aware" Yes, we know you are aware. We are not exactly shy about our opinions, in this community. Its been a long enough time though, to evaluate that the community is largely unhappy with LVs performance. And more data likely won't come in for a long while with these heavy reqs. Have they responded on any other forums?
  • Agent_P_82 wrote: »
    I don't see any new responses from Capitol Games in here. "we are aware" Yes, we know you are aware. We are not exactly shy about our opinions, in this community. Its been a long enough time though, to evaluate that the community is largely unhappy with LVs performance. And more data likely won't come in for a long while with these heavy reqs. Have they responded on any other forums?

Doja has just been saying he isn’t aware of anything the devs are doing atm on Lord Vader when he came on discord today.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Agent_P_82 wrote: »
    I don't see any new responses from Capitol Games in here. "we are aware" Yes, we know you are aware. We are not exactly shy about our opinions, in this community. Its been a long enough time though, to evaluate that the community is largely unhappy with LVs performance. And more data likely won't come in for a long while with these heavy reqs. Have they responded on any other forums?

Doja has just been saying he isn’t aware of anything the devs are doing atm on Lord Vader when he came on discord today.

Which discord is he on so I can keep up to date? Is it events? If so what sub?

Swgoh events

Swgoh-lobby

Usually between 8.30 to 10.30 from my experience. I'm never on when he's live but when I see someone mention that he was on, I just scroll back to see the conversations.
  • Saada wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

Swgoh events

Swgoh-lobby

Usually between 8.30 to 10.30 from my experience. I'm never on when he's live but when I see someone mention that he was on, I just scroll back to see the conversations.

he is there just to say hi hi i love you... wont help much regarding this issue... just ask for refunds, the only language they talk is the money language.
  • Here's my take on them now. I think LV just needs minor tweaks to be more of a challenge for the JMK team to hand. The single biggest annoyance on the JMK team for LV to handle is General Kenobi and his ridiculous H/P and Defense stats combined with the constant debuff cleanse.

1 - LV's debuffs while he has Ashes of the Republic should be locked, and he should ignore taunt.
    2 - If LV does not ignore taunt while he has AotR, he should ignore defense or gain significant defense penetration, possibly 1.5 - 2% per stack of Underestimated.

Maul being somewhat tactical on defense would be nice as well.
  • Would you all rather have LV’s DoTs be Undispellable, or have them reapply like DV lead?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Would you all rather have LV’s DoTs be Undispellable, or have them reapply like DV lead?

I feel like he applies so many DoTs that if that was a thing, it would be way too op since teams would soon just die under the weight of so many DoTs.

Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Here's my take on them now. I think LV just needs minor tweaks to be more of a challenge for the JMK team to hand. The single biggest annoyance on the JMK team for LV to handle is General Kenobi and his ridiculous H/P and Defense stats combined with the constant debuff cleanse.

1 - LV's debuffs while he has Ashes of the Republic should be locked, and he should ignore taunt.
    2 - If LV does not ignore taunt while he has AotR, he should ignore defense or gain significant defense penetration, possibly 1.5 - 2% per stack of Underestimated.

Maul being somewhat tactical on defense would be nice as well.

That’s why I feel HI and BI should be undispellable from Dark Harbinger, even without AotR, just like Kenobi’s special. That way, every 3 turns, LV can apply Buff Immunity and GK’s taunt becomes a non issue. If he’s fast enough, you could even get a couple of undispellable Buff Immunities spread around briefly and with Healing Immunity stuck on too, becomes easier.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Would you all rather have LV’s DoTs be Undispellable, or have them reapply like DV lead?

No, i don't think that's needed. The dots seem to do some good work most of the time. Even with the constant dispelling from GK and JMK. They still seem to work. LVs major flaw is the inability to ignore taunts and the poor damage against the tank who hes forced to hit. Throwing skittles at a brick wall. Any tank just cripples him for 4 mins 30 secs. Last 30 secs he just one shots them. Its a boring, long, arduous, fight. no action. should he auto JMK. No, but he should at least be fun to use. Thats might thought. Its really unfortunate to hear that Doja isnt aware of anything happening on LV. I feel like we are "#^%" into the wind at this point. Many people comparing it to the response on SEE. I wasn't all that disappointed in SEE personally, but i can relate now to their sentiments.
  • Agent_P_82 wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

No, i don't think that's needed. The dots seem to do some good work most of the time. Even with the constant dispelling from GK and JMK. They still seem to work. LVs major flaw is the inability to ignore taunts and the poor damage against the tank who hes forced to hit. Throwing skittles at a brick wall. Any tank just cripples him for 4 mins 30 secs. Last 30 secs he just one shots them. Its a boring, long, arduous, fight. no action. should he auto JMK. No, but he should at least be fun to use. Thats might thought. Its really unfortunate to hear that Doja isnt aware of anything happening on LV. I feel like we are "#^%" into the wind at this point. Many people comparing it to the response on SEE. I wasn't all that disappointed in SEE personally, but i can relate now to their sentiments.

That’s the most accurate description, he’s boring to use. JMK is like watching a tornado of assists going mental at the enemy team which can be very fun and exciting whereas LV is basically “sigh*, I hope the team survives long enough for Vader to be good right at the very end while I smack against this Kenobi taunt over and over and over.” This doesn’t matter though, as I’m nearly certain CG won’t do a thing because it’s what players want. Their supposed internal testing is trash if this is what they wanted. I’m not overly mad but this is by far the most I’ve spent on a character (a couple hundred), not big for them but big for me. I’ve simply decided that’s it, I truly will stop spending now and farm at a more leisurely pace. JMK will be next, however long that takes me but first I’ll kick it into neutral and farm some other toons I’ve been meaning to get to before I start the grind. I’ll never chase the meta again and will instead take my time buffing up useful factions one at a time. So in a way, I should thank CG, my wallet will be a little happier now, not that it compares to how much money a lot of people spend.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I’m 99.99% sure the new unit mega unit announced will be what pushes Lord Vader to the top of the meta.
    I’m 99.99% sure the new unit mega unit announced will be what pushes Lord Vader to the top of the meta.

Is it a secret on the forums or something, it’s so hush hush?

Also, yeah he will… the hardest requirements to unlock, a conquest character that was horrendous to get and a new unit that requires 4 new marquee toons which will cost a bundle… THEN, he’ll finally reign supreme haha, oh boy, he truly better become game breaking after all that!

No it’s just that the puzzle was completed super late at night so majority of the people present went to bed, including Crumb lol.

But yeah LV is definitely gonna be a real expensive guy just for arena.
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2021

No it’s just that the puzzle was completed super late at night so majority of the people present went to bed, including Crumb lol.

Ahh gotcha, yeah he’s absolutely got to have direct synergy with LV. Probably similar to how BSF has literal direct synergy with DR and Malek to DR as well. May look something like LV(l), “secret character”, Maul, DV and RG. I’m guessing “secret character”, will boost the hell out of LV and maybe even DV as well (maybe that’s why they first nerf’d DV)?

Ahh gotcha, yeah he’s absolutely got to have direct synergy with LV. Probably similar to how BSF has literal direct synergy with DR and Malek to DR as well. May look something like LV(l), “secret character”, Maul, DV and RG. I’m guessing “secret character”, will boost the hell out of LV and maybe even DV as well (maybe that’s why they first nerf’d DV)?

Yeah although I think the DV nerf was cuz that guy would’ve been a monster pre nerf with the amount of DoTs LV applied lol.

But yeah they probably had to balance it so starkiller could come and make LV super op since it’ll force players to get him if they want the newest meta
  • If we need to buy 4 marquees out of the gate to make LV WITH MAUL meta relevant i swear to god
  • If Starkiller’s not Empire/UFU what else would he be?

This… doesn’t look good.