3001 posts Member
edited November 2021
https://youtu.be/0wWtqthokYg

Edit:
Escape Podcast Recap on Starkiller
1. Permanent Event

2. Similar to legendary events except will be harder

3. Probably will require G13 / Relics

4. Marquee release cadence will be mixed (don’t know what this means)

5. Remaining marquees from legends (not necessarily video game chars)

6. More news Mon/Tues
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Tyber Zann
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Katarn
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's weirdly quiet in here. One would expect the forum to explode with news like this. I guess they finally managed to kill all enthusiasm...
  • Why couldn’t they put these no name characters in grindquest so they could make it fun and have the real Star Wars characters as pay to unlock?
  • 4 (?) Marquees in a month to unlock on December 15th? Thats a shipload of cash they wanna pull outta the whales before end of year.

No thanks.
  • Holy forking sith, this is probably the most excited I've been for this game for the longest time
  • I just created an account on the forum just to say: HELL YEAH!

I'm really excited about videogames' characters. I hope Starkiller and Dash are just two of a long list.
  • Just wondering from the lore of things ... How is Dash related to starkiller ?

Dash has a ship ... Are we getting one ? OR fleet perhaps?
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Just wondering from the lore of things ... How is Dash related to starkiller ?

I think video games are the link between them. Hence the speculation about Katarn and the others.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Just wondering from the lore of things ... How is Dash related to starkiller ?

I think video games are the link between them. Hence the speculation about Katarn and the others.

I think the same. I'll sit here, waiting for Kyle to magically appear :#
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    So basically 4 new characters for a starkiller event on Dec 15. Unless cg is felling very generous 4 marquees will cost $200-$300 a piece, so $800-$1200 plus cost of gear to unlock starkiller.
  • i hope he is a counter to executor! lol.

sick of losing to that ship in GAC no matter how many ground defensive holds i get
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I bet on Kyle Katarn too since both Dash and Starkiller were protagonists of old legends games. :p

Also i bet on Starkiller working really well with old Darth Vader (he was his secret apprendice/assassin after all). That would fit on CG's pattern of creating the problem (huge Vader nerf) and then selling the solution.
  • Holy freaking ****!! This is HUGE!! :o
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Holy freaking ****!! This is HUGE!! :o

Yeah it is. Best news to come out for this game in a VERY long time. I’m glad CG listened to us on this one!
  • Glad you guys are happy ... I have no interest. Just want to see how OP he is and how he breaks the game.

This has a very MSF feel to it, where we will get flooded with OP characters one after another
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    MilHanso wrote: »
    Holy freaking ****!! This is HUGE!! :o

Yeah it is. Best news to come out for this game in a VERY long time. I’m glad CG listened to us on this one!

Have to agree. After the horrible thing that Conquest 10 turned out to be it is nice to have some good news.
  • Best news i've heard in months
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • I'm glad they're drawing from all sources now.

But who is Stark Iller?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I'm glad they're drawing from all sources now.

But who is Stark Iller?

Force Unleashed Protagonist
  • This is the first Legendary drop since I've been playing...

Is this official and are we certain? Where did this come from and why didn't a dev post this in announcement channel?

Sorry if this is common practice but, as I said, this is a first for me.
  • Tyber Zann
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Katarn

Guess the Fallen Order guy could be an Option, forgot his Name.
    Was requested a lot on this forum though
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Tyber Zann
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Katarn

BD-1 :wink:
  • Nauros wrote: »
    It's weirdly quiet in here. One would expect the forum to explode with news like this. I guess they finally managed to kill all enthusiasm...

To be fair, that was in the middle of the night.
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm excited for this release, and what it means for the future. Could have potential "legacy of the sith" and have a similar event that unlocks Darth Bane and has other legacy sith characters.

Hopefully we get Darth Baras the Wide.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Tyber Zann
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Katarn

Cal Kestis would be amazing too!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

To be fair, that was in the middle of the night.

You do realize that there are other parts of the world besides USA, right?
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Tyber Zann
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Katarn

Fallen Order is canon. They seem to be angling this as Legends, not just video games. So I’d tend to think Fallen Order wouldn’t be included.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    StewartH wrote: »
    This is the first Legendary drop since I've been playing...

Is this official and are we certain? Where did this come from and why didn't a dev post this in announcement channel?

It's official - this was done via a puzzle, and it wasn't figured out until the middle of the night (USA time) so I would expect to see the actual forum announcement today once CG is in the office and ready to drop it.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    StewartH wrote: »
    This is the first Legendary drop since I've been playing...

It’s official and as certain as an announcement could be ;)

Fyi, ‘Legendary’ is a specific type of event with a 5* unlock needing 5 characters from a specific faction. It seems to be a new type of event. I don’t recall having a event where you need 4 specific characters.

It came from a puzzle, it happens sometimes. A dev post will probably follow today.

Edit: ninja’d
  • Theyd better add Dash's ship. I want my Outrider.

Also Kyle and his ship would be great to see