CG this is your chance! Starkiller

Prev1
You messed up with mando now is your chance to make things right. Make starkiller a NEUTRAL character!

Replies

• xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Yeah, either make him OP to the point he can ruin GLs or make him completely worthless. Seems like a real great idea CG

I don't think you understood what OP meant by 'NEUTRAL'; maybe you don't know what that word means, but he's saying he'd be able to be included in either a LS or DS squad.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Yeah, either make him OP to the point he can ruin GLs or make him completely worthless. Seems like a real great idea CG

I don't think you understood what OP meant by 'NEUTRAL'; maybe you don't know what that word means, but he's saying he'd be able to be included in either a LS or DS squad.

I completely understand what it means, yes.

But the point is, they need to either Make starkiller compleley OP and on a different level of power, or its going to be another let down

Only 4 characters required. Prepare to be let down.
  • But why? They could make him Bad Batch level power, like a top 10 GAC/TW/TB team that would help out with PVP and Guild events. Not everything in this game is about squad arena anymore.
  • They should do as they did with Revan... 2 different toons, one light side and one dark side... And Starkiller is not as powerful as Revan, so he's not one of the most powerful things in StarWars as stated.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    But why? They could make him Bad Batch level power, like a top 10 GAC/TW/TB team that would help out with PVP and Guild events. Not everything in this game is about squad arena anymore.

Starkiller is one of the most powerful things in starswars, they either ruin it for alot of people or make him above GLS, theres no middle ground

Not every character has to be functionally on the same relative level in SWGOH as their Cinematic/EU counterpart (see Mace, Sideous, and post-nerf DVader for examples).

Also he had more raw power than Vader, but less focus/training, and lost to Palp, so certainly not GL+ power levels. I would put him on even footing with the Revans.
  • Starkiller is not neutral though… he’s a secret Sith apprentice or a burgeoning Jedi learner in the games
  • He should be powerful, and fun, but if they made him GL level they'd have to require more paywall toons, and thus you'd have more people on the forums complaining about how he's paywalled
  • Starkiller is not neutral though… he’s a secret Sith apprentice or a burgeoning Jedi learner in the games

Exactly my point.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    They should do as they did with Revan... 2 different toons, one light side and one dark side... And Starkiller is not as powerful as Revan, so he's not one of the most powerful things in StarWars as stated.

I love Revan and most of his pre SWTOR Arc, but i never understood why he is widely considered this powerful.
    He is described as a tactical Genius, a quick Learner who really wants to master the Force in all its shapes. His greatest Strength is his abillity to create Force bondings. He is also described as not really believing in the dogmas of neither the sith or jedi. All cool Feats for a likeable character. But i never saw or read things like pulling a stardestroyer from the sky or something like that.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    MilHanso wrote: »
    They should do as they did with Revan... 2 different toons, one light side and one dark side... And Starkiller is not as powerful as Revan, so he's not one of the most powerful things in StarWars as stated.

I love Revan and most of his pre SWTOR Arc, but i never understood why he is widely considered this powerful.
    He is described as a tactical Genius, a quick Learner who really wants to master the Force in all its shapes. His greatest Strength is his abillity to create Force bondings. He is also described as not really believing in the dogmas of neither the sith or jedi. All cool Feats for a likeable character. But i never saw or read things like pulling a stardestroyer from the sky or something like that.

Darth Traya described Revan as looking at the force itself, so he had to be somewhat powerful
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Naver666 wrote: »

If I put all the lore of how powerful Revan was I'd be here all day long typing... So, look for yourself please, just type his name and look for his entry in Wookiepedia. And before ToR he was canonically light sided... ToR just made the favor of screwing up the most beloved character in SW videogames... I honestly hope they fix this canonically with the KotOR Remake.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Darth Traya described Revan as looking at the force itself, so he had to be somewhat powerful

Or... it could be a snail telling a turtle he is fast.
  • Make him a Sith.
  • Monel wrote: »

Or... it could be a snail telling a turtle he is fast.

Didn’t Traya plan to essentially “kill” the force? I think she was a bit more powerful than a snail is fast.
  • Prepare to be let down OP.
  • He will certainly have an omicron ability. They'll make him GL level power, but only in 1 game mode - I'd guess GAC.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    They'll make him GL level power, but only in 1 game mode -.

This might not happen with Starkiller but I strongly suspect it's going to be the way forward for new characters who should be awesomely powerful but would be game-breaking if they made them as powerful as they shou;d be. Omicrons are going to be the solution.

• The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

I'm sure many whales will spend $300 per marque and then complain if he's not amazing.

Most likely all this will happen before the kit reveal. If you rush to buy the new shiny without knowledge, I have no sympathy when your disappointed. It has happened before with many similar releases. Most recently the bando journey. The character ended up being useful (definitely needed for executor fleet and a pretty good team under maul). But by the time they were useful, you could have him ftp easily.

Now without starkiller being a GL, I don't see how he'll be useful enough to drop enough $ or hoarded crystals in the most inefficient way possible (getting marque stars quickly). Gone are the days of a marque changing the arena meta.
  • The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

I'm sure many whales will spend $300 per marque and then complain if he's not amazing.

Most likely all this will happen before the kit reveal. If you rush to buy the new shiny without knowledge, I have no sympathy when your disappointed. It has happened before with many similar releases. Most recently the bando journey. The character ended up being useful (definitely needed for executor fleet and a pretty good team under maul). But by the time they were useful, you could have him ftp easily.

Now without starkiller being a GL, I don't see how he'll be useful enough to drop enough $ or hoarded crystals in the most inefficient way possible (getting marque stars quickly). Gone are the days of a marque changing the arena meta.

Starkiller is obviously meant to be to LV what Malak was to DR. Wouldnt surprise me if he completely shuts down JMK, forcing people to panic farm LV and Maul. Not sure how many people are willing to spend 1200$ on him though, seems like a lot.

Starkiller is obviously meant to be to LV what Malak was to DR. Wouldnt surprise me if he completely shuts down JMK, forcing people to panic farm LV and Maul. Not sure how many people are willing to spend 1200$ on him though, seems like a lot.

I thought maul was going to be the final piece to LV. You may be right btw. Or he may not synergize at all and people will just panic buy before the kit is released thinking he will.

I thought maul was going to be the final piece to LV. You may be right btw. Or he may not synergize at all and people will just panic buy before the kit is released thinking he will.

Some ppl are assuming he was just a placeholder for a temporary fix.

Plus maul works miles better with Mandalorians, making them counter SEE, GAS & SE teams fairly easily with them.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    ]
    The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

There are two possibilities about how Starkiller could turn out:

Possibility 1 is that he significantly boosts LV teams, allowing them to become better than JMK, and forcing people to whale on LV, Maul, and Starkiller. This would most likely to force those who have JMK, but not LV, to whale on LV to stay in the top of arena.

Possibility 2 is that Starkiller is just a good character, but nothing meta-defining. This would most likely anger those who whaled on Starkiller and his requirements and expected him to be meta-defining.

We will see which possibility turns out to be true soon.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    ]
    The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

Possibility 1 is that he significantly boosts LV teams, allowing them to become better than JMK, and forcing people to whale on LV, Maul, and Starkiller. This would most likely to force those who have JMK, but not LV, to whale on LV to stay in the top of arena.

Possibility 2 is that Starkiller is just a good character, but nothing meta-defining. This would most likely anger those who whaled on Starkiller and his requirements and expected him to be meta-defining.

Depends on the tags. For him to help lv, he'd likely need the empire tag. I'm not sure that fits. The Sith tag would fit better lore wise. That would boost See which wouldn't be a bad thing since jmk really just destroys him after the nerf they did to him.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    ]

Depends on the tags. For him to help lv, he'd likely need the empire tag. I'm not sure that fits. The Sith tag would fit better lore wise. That would boost See which wouldn't be a bad thing since jmk really just destroys him after the nerf they did to him.

Unaligned force user would be enough to synergize with LV
  • There is also the possibility that this is a release meant to drain hoarded resources before the next GL release.

CG has often done that before. Release something that has moderate use in game right before a meta shift so people spend their hoard on it instead of keeping it for the new meta.