CG this is your chance! Starkiller

2Next

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    There is also the possibility that this is a release meant to drain hoarded resources before the next GL release.

CG has often done that before. Release something that has moderate use in game right before a meta shift so people spend their hoard on it instead of keeping it for the new meta.

Now that sounds like a likely reason for these releases. Getting people to whale/spend their hoards on Starkiller and company, then releasing the new meta soon afterwards.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    MilHanso wrote: »
    They should do as they did with Revan... 2 different toons, one light side and one dark side... And Starkiller is not as powerful as Revan, so he's not one of the most powerful things in StarWars as stated.

I love Revan and most of his pre SWTOR Arc, but i never understood why he is widely considered this powerful.
    He is described as a tactical Genius, a quick Learner who really wants to master the Force in all its shapes. His greatest Strength is his abillity to create Force bondings. He is also described as not really believing in the dogmas of neither the sith or jedi. All cool Feats for a likeable character. But i never saw or read things like pulling a stardestroyer from the sky or something like that.

Darth Traya described Revan as looking at the force itself, so he had to be somewhat powerful

Or... it could be a snail telling a turtle he is fast.

Didn’t Traya plan to essentially “kill” the force? I think she was a bit more powerful than a snail is fast.

All relative is the point. Also if she planning to do something doesn't mean somebody is good at it. Hence why the force still exists. Also, she was defeated so obvi not super powerful in the scheme of things.

Also it's make believe, so fanboy away of to who is more powerful cause it doesn't matter anyway. The Star Wars saga is about the Skywalkers, all other characters exist because of them. Without them the force wouldn't exist, therefore the Skywalkers are the most powerful!
  • Xcien wrote: »
    ]
    The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

I'm sure many whales will spend $300 per marque and then complain if he's not amazing.

Most likely all this will happen before the kit reveal. If you rush to buy the new shiny without knowledge, I have no sympathy when your disappointed. It has happened before with many similar releases. Most recently the bando journey. The character ended up being useful (definitely needed for executor fleet and a pretty good team under maul). But by the time they were useful, you could have him ftp easily.

Now without starkiller being a GL, I don't see how he'll be useful enough to drop enough $ or hoarded crystals in the most inefficient way possible (getting marque stars quickly). Gone are the days of a marque changing the arena meta.

Starkiller is obviously meant to be to LV what Malak was to DR. Wouldnt surprise me if he completely shuts down JMK, forcing people to panic farm LV and Maul. Not sure how many people are willing to spend 1200$ on him though, seems like a lot.

There are two possibilities about how Starkiller could turn out:

Possibility 1 is that he significantly boosts LV teams, allowing them to become better than JMK, and forcing people to whale on LV, Maul, and Starkiller. This would most likely to force those who have JMK, but not LV, to whale on LV to stay in the top of arena.

Possibility 2 is that Starkiller is just a good character, but nothing meta-defining. This would most likely anger those who whaled on Starkiller and his requirements and expected him to be meta-defining.

We will see which possibility turns out to be true soon.

Depends on the tags. For him to help lv, he'd likely need the empire tag. I'm not sure that fits. The Sith tag would fit better lore wise. That would boost See which wouldn't be a bad thing since jmk really just destroys him after the nerf they did to him.

Empire would fit, asajj is a sep even though she’s just Dooku assassin

DS UFU would fit, it’s just like the Dooku situation except with Vader
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    ]
    The best plan is to wait and see. Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself.

I'm sure many whales will spend $300 per marque and then complain if he's not amazing.

Most likely all this will happen before the kit reveal. If you rush to buy the new shiny without knowledge, I have no sympathy when your disappointed. It has happened before with many similar releases. Most recently the bando journey. The character ended up being useful (definitely needed for executor fleet and a pretty good team under maul). But by the time they were useful, you could have him ftp easily.

Now without starkiller being a GL, I don't see how he'll be useful enough to drop enough $ or hoarded crystals in the most inefficient way possible (getting marque stars quickly). Gone are the days of a marque changing the arena meta.

Starkiller is obviously meant to be to LV what Malak was to DR. Wouldnt surprise me if he completely shuts down JMK, forcing people to panic farm LV and Maul. Not sure how many people are willing to spend 1200$ on him though, seems like a lot.

Possibility 1 is that he significantly boosts LV teams, allowing them to become better than JMK, and forcing people to whale on LV, Maul, and Starkiller. This would most likely to force those who have JMK, but not LV, to whale on LV to stay in the top of arena.

Possibility 2 is that Starkiller is just a good character, but nothing meta-defining. This would most likely anger those who whaled on Starkiller and his requirements and expected him to be meta-defining.

Depends on the tags. For him to help lv, he'd likely need the empire tag. I'm not sure that fits. The Sith tag would fit better lore wise. That would boost See which wouldn't be a bad thing since jmk really just destroys him after the nerf they did to him.

I just think Sith fits since he's mainly Vader's apprentice and a major plot point of the game is him being used to potentially overthrow palpatine.

I'm also a fan of asajj having the Sith tag.

Empire just doesn't fit. He seems to be outside of the ranks of the empire.

And the unaligned force user tag is just garbage in my opinion. Too many characters that claim to be a jedi or Sith get it. I get that they need to split factions but saying that a jedi is unaligned is just garbage.

Cls for example was an apprentice to Yoda and learning the ways of the jedi. That isn't unaligned. And if you have to be a jedi knight to get the tag, then ashoka wouldn't have it.

The same would hold for starkiller. He was Vader's sith apprentice. That isn't unaligned.
  • My money is on Starkiller having a unique to have synergy with Darth Vader and that’ll be it.
  • Calbion wrote: »
    My money is on Starkiller having a unique to have synergy with Darth Vader and that’ll be it.

Now that is an idea I can get behind. Make Vader great again.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    ]

I just think Sith fits since he's mainly Vader's apprentice and a major plot point of the game is him being used to potentially overthrow palpatine.

And the unaligned force user tag is just garbage in my opinion. Too many characters that claim to be a jedi or Sith get it. I get that they need to split factions but saying that a jedi is unaligned is just garbage.

Cls for example was an apprentice to Yoda and learning the ways of the jedi. That isn't unaligned. And if you have to be a jedi knight to get the tag, then ashoka wouldn't have it.

The same would hold for starkiller. He was Vader's sith apprentice. That isn't unaligned.

But he wasn’t a Sith, as there can only be 2.

Just like the inquisitors.
  • RTS wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    ]

But he wasn’t a Sith, as there can only be 2.

Just like the inquisitors.

Yet the Sith apprentice always seems to train an apprentice of their own. And the master allows it because they are useful until they become a threat.

Seems to recur enough that it's pretty much part of the rule by now.
  • I'm guessing dark side at the very least. Probally empire to beef up LV team and/or sith. His preview video definitely gives me those vibes. Dark sinister look+ his red lightsaber.
  • Since when does CG follow the path of star wars...(re: Darth vader nerf). They are going to do whatever gets them the most $$.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Since when does CG follow the path of star wars...(re: Darth vader nerf). They are going to do whatever gets them the most $$.

I mean both Obi Wan and CG have cut the legs right out from under Vader, so they actually have followed the story line
  • Monel wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Since when does CG follow the path of star wars...(re: Darth vader nerf). They are going to do whatever gets them the most $$.

I mean both Obi Wan and CG have cut the legs right out from under Vader, so they actually have followed the story line

There was a story line on SWGOH !!??
    Sure glad that shaakti lead the clones in that iconic battle ...

Oh wait, was that Mace or shaakti ? Can't remember clearly now ... The greed of CG clouds thy judgement
  • The best plan is to wait and see.

Four brand new marques with the event in a month is pretty much a paywall in itself

Most likely all this will happen before the kit reveal.

If you rush to buy the new shiny without knowledge, I have no sympathy when you are disappointed.

It has happened before with many similar releases.

Most recently the bando journey.

The character ended up being useful (definitely needed for executor fleet and a pretty good team under maul).

But by the time they were useful, you could have him ftp easily.

Now without starkiller being a GL, I don't see how he'll be useful enough to drop enough $ or hoarded crystals in the most inefficient way possible (getting marque stars quickly).

Gone are the days of a marque changing the arena meta.
  • He is a tier IV character along with JKR, DR, Chewbacca, C3P0 and HMF. If he was tier V like DM, GAS, JKL and the Executor I would be a little more worried about his power in the game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    He is a tier IV character along with JKR, DR, Chewbacca, C3P0 and HMF. If he was tier V like DM, GAS, JKL and the Executor I would be a little more worried about his power in the game.

He should not be tier 5 and glad he is not.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    He will be a Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker level character (Edit: my bad in game now as tier 4.). Dark Side. Nothing meta-breaking by himself. He will have situational benefits - I like the idea of omicrons for him.

Makes me wonder what else they will release. Always two things to make you feel torn between them
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    There is also the possibility that this is a release meant to drain hoarded resources before the next GL release.

CG has often done that before. Release something that has moderate use in game right before a meta shift so people spend their hoard on it instead of keeping it for the new meta.

I agree, but not the level of GLs. Lord Vader is already pointless enough. For him to have no day in the sun, is the final nail. I would hope Starkiller puts him in better position.