LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    If we need to buy 4 marquees out of the gate to make LV WITH MAUL meta relevant i swear to god

They already got people to whale on his requirements AND Maul, he still underperforms, so logically rather than fix it, they'll try and con-vince people into investing yet again to make LV relevant.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If we need to buy 4 marquees out of the gate to make LV WITH MAUL meta relevant i swear to god

They already got people to whale on his requirements AND Maul, he still underperforms, so logically rather than fix it, they'll try and con-vince people into investing yet again to make LV relevant.

I wonder what they will force us to buy when LV with Starkiller still stinks. Jar Jar prehaps?
  • Excuse me for my ignorance/forgetfulness but when was Starkiller part of the Empire? I thought I remember killing all kinds of Empire in the game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Excuse me for my ignorance/forgetfulness but when was Starkiller part of the Empire? I thought I remember killing all kinds of Empire in the game.

Darth Vader kills several high ranking Imperial Officers in Empire Strikes Back. Hell, he ordered half of them to commit to a suicide run going through an asteroid field.

From a world-building perspective, there likely wasn't anything else that could provide a challenge for Starkiller. Empire UFU make perfect sense and continues this trend of "What if?" that CG seem to be pursuing with a non-suit Vader leading Empire units.

• Gale_Toral wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Excuse me for my ignorance/forgetfulness but when was Starkiller part of the Empire? I thought I remember killing all kinds of Empire in the game.

Darth Vader kills several high ranking Imperial Officers in Empire Strikes Back. Hell, he ordered half of them to commit to a suicide run going through an asteroid field.

From a world-building perspective, there likely wasn't anything else that could provide a challenge for Starkiller. Empire UFU make perfect sense and continues this trend of "What if?" that CG seem to be pursuing with a non-suit Vader leading Empire units.

But was he ever apart of the Empire? LV was part of the Empire but I thought Starkiller was just LV's secret apprentice who had no allegiance to any side.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    But was he ever apart of the Empire? LV was part of the Empire but I thought Starkiller was just LV's secret apprentice who had no allegiance to any side.

I suppose the argument is that given the major factions during the time he was "alive", he would most likely have been an agent of the Empire. It's feasible to think that acolytes or dark Jedi that Palpatine used would have been thought of as agents of the Empire.
  • All he needs is either an empire or an UFU tag and he’s automatically synergized with LV.

Plus I mean it’s similar to the Asajj/Dooku situation where asajj is a DS UFU & Separatist.

Although CG will just add whatever tags they want regardless of lore and call it a day ;)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Saw this, LV getting 3v5’d by Daka Zombie
    https://youtu.be/2M_OeS9FMZc

The guy also said it should work against comps with maul and multiple tanks, he just doesn’t have anyone in his shard using it. So if anyone wants to test it, that would be great.
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

The guy also said it should work against comps with maul and multiple tanks, he just doesn’t have anyone in his shard using it. So if anyone wants to test it, that would be great.

this is pathetic. screw CG and their game. Time to wrap it up, so much effort in getting LV, Maul and extra characters and all I Got is exepnsive ****
    DONT FARM HIM

Dont worry. You just need to spend couple extra 100s of bucks to get Starkiller and LV will works as intended. And if he still sucks they will release another character to fix the problem, for real this time Im sure.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Yea this one is bad, they HAVE to address it after this, any cheese counter like this in the past was fixed. The main problem with this comp is LV literally has no ignore taunt, except for a single maul hit at 5 stacks of anguish. God this team is atrocious

Gotten some testing done and it appears maul does stop the 3 man atm which means this counter will be excellent for GAC / TW, where people are less likely to throw the two together on D.

Will update if a 4man or a 3man strat on LV / Maul is found
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

this is pathetic. screw CG and their game. Time to wrap it up, so much effort in getting LV, Maul and extra characters and all I Got is exepnsive ****
    DONT FARM HIM

Woah there nelly… they’re aware and monitoring! In all seriousness though, they ain’t gonna do a thing and will release SK who will possibly make LV good… who knows though, after waiting for this toon for literally years and having him this trash, I just don’t care anymore, better to save the money and pop it into neutral, nice slow grinds from now on!
  • Didn't read the comments here or anything, but I came in to ask about LV/Maul more generally:

Is there something wrong with LV? Every whale in my arena shard with LV (they also have relic maul), uses JMK. And all but one of those LV owners has quit.

I assume the issue is mostly the players quitting due to conquest, but it seems like they're not interested even in playing with their new toys.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Didn't read the comments here or anything, but I came in to ask about LV/Maul more generally:

Is there something wrong with LV? Every whale in my arena shard with LV (they also have relic maul), uses JMK. And all but one of those LV owners has quit.

I assume the issue is mostly the players quitting due to conquest, but it seems like they're not interested even in playing with their new toys.

Becauzs JMK basically outperforms Lord Vader in every aspect in arena.

Hes slow & boring to use and there’s no reason or incentive to use him in it.
    Didn't read the comments here or anything, but I came in to ask about LV/Maul more generally:

Put it to you this way, played correctly a mid relic jmk mirror can beat a full r8 jmk squad 100% of the time; my r7 lv/maul squad loses 100% of the time vs r8 jmk team and is a race against the clock against all others.

The team is BAD

Put it to you this way, played correctly a mid relic jmk mirror can beat a full r8 jmk squad 100% of the time; my r7 lv/maul squad loses 100% of the time vs r8 jmk team and is a race against the clock against all others.

The team is BAD

Put it to you this way, you're just bad then as LV easily wins on offense.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »

The team is BAD

Whether he’s bad or not, the team is still trash and leagues below JMK in terms of synchronicity, effectiveness and fun, even though it’s more expensive.

The team is BAD

Whether he’s bad or not, the team is still trash and leagues below JMK in terms of synchronicity, effectiveness and fun, even though it’s more expensive.

Don’t worry, just relic 5 4 brand new marquees and then relic Starkiller and boom! You’re lord Vader is now meta !!

(Unless SK doesn’t have a UFU or empire tag to work with him)
  • Having done a bit of a deep dive into modding and turn order now, I'm fairly confident I'm at the level where beating JMK is a dawdle. The main problem comes from LV and JMK being at two extreme ends of a spectrum:

One needs precise strategy and input, with knowledge of how to adapt to any situation (LV's team) and the other is just one of those teams that the AI handles very competently (JMK).

But as I mentioned, I'm at the point where most of my matches are ending with my entire team alive and at full health.
    Legend91 wrote: »

The team is BAD

Don’t worry, just relic 5 4 brand new marquees and then relic Starkiller and boom! You’re lord Vader is now meta !!

(Unless SK doesn’t have a UFU or empire tag to work with him)

I’m veeeerrry curious to find out Starkillers kit. I wonder if he’ll be a general powerhouse for DS and boost toons like CAT while also having direct synergy with Vader (rightfully so). I don’t know, LV just straight needs tweaking at this point, the fact CG are their typical selves with pathetic communication speaks volumes as it’s literally the same as SEE when he came out. LV needs to feel like the latest gl, not a subpar toon with an enormous health pool.

The team is BAD

In a top guild and perennial kyber member but I’m bad; yep checks out LV is a obviously a god king

The team is BAD

In a top guild and perennial kyber member but I’m bad; yep checks out LV is a obviously a god king

Nice CD triangle and health primaries on your LV. Nice offense set and health primaries on your Maul. Nice protection primaries and 2x defense sets on your RG.
    Maybe you should reach out to some modding experts in your top guild.

And I never said that he is the "king" - I was one of the first people here that posted feedback based on arena testing and pointed out that he has several flaws including his defensive viability and that his ult just feels lackluster. However when someone claims that he "loses 100% of the time" against JMKs then that's a players fault as LV is consistently winning on offense, there are even reports of LV beating JMK 3v5.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

The team is BAD

In a top guild

hahahahaha
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • That's nothing to be sneezed at to be fair.
    u2ikerwjo8e6.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    That's nothing to be sneezed at to be fair.

Woosh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    That's nothing to be sneezed at to be fair.

Woosh

Like I'm supposed to read "hahaha" about his mention about a top guild as something else. Stick to being quiet 🤫
  • Guys don't worry, when starkiller is out you can auto jmk with your lv. Just wait a little bit, hit that auto button and it's done.