Advice on first GL.

Jewb4cc4
8 posts Member
edited November 2021
Hello There!

I am considering the long farm to my first GL but I am struggling to decide which one to pursue. I appreciate that it is ultimately my decision, but if anyone could take a look at my roster please and offer any advice on which one I am closest to (if any), or which one my roster would benefit most from etc, it will be a great help.

Roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/398745266/characters/

Thanks

Replies

• JoryG87
    258 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I see you already have GAS and some requirements for JKL at relics already (including Darth Vader, C3PO, CLS, Hermit). Maybe get JKL first and after that get JML.
  • JML and SEE are going to be the fastest grinds for your current roster, but SLKR will be the most beneficial to your roster in a sense of bringing you more great teams for grand arena and better teams for raids.
  • Thank you for taking a look and commenting. Much appreciated! JKL and JML will definitely bolster my roster.
  • Jewb4cc4
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    JML and SEE are going to be the fastest grinds for your current roster, but SLKR will be the most beneficial to your roster in a sense of bringing you more great teams for grand arena and better teams for raids.
    Thanks! SLKR will give me a great FO team. How do they do in Geo TB?
  • Jewb4cc4 wrote: »
    Hello There!

I am considering the long farm to my first GL but I am struggling to decide which one to pursue. I appreciate that it is ultimately my decision, but if anyone could take a look at my roster please and offer any advice on which one I am closest to (if any), or which one my roster would benefit most from etc, it will be a great help.

Thanks

How much do you like GAC?

• How much do you like GAC?

I still enjoy them most of the time. I sign up and set defences every time.

• How much do you like GAC?

I still enjoy them most of the time. I sign up and set defences every time.
  • Kylo is still a strong candidate for first GL, both because his relic requirements are lower than the newer ones and you get 2 strong teams out of the deal. Also, he's your ticket to easily full-clearing the Sith raid.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

JML and SEE are going to be the fastest grinds for your current roster, but SLKR will be the most beneficial to your roster in a sense of bringing you more great teams for grand arena and better teams for raids.

You can make two solid teams
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The best overall GLs are:
    1) JMK
    2) SLKR
    3) JML

JMK is too expensive for newer players and you want to have CAT. JML is also quite expensive and needs several GET units but his main deficit is that he can't solo the sith raid. SLKR can solo the sith raid and is one of the cheaper GLs.

So unless CG releases the sith raid SIM soon (and we still have no clue about the SIM conditions), SLKR is gonna remain the best 1st GL choice.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I love my Reyand I really don't see the "2 solid teams" of FO any better or worse than 2 teams you can make from Resistance.

I just unlocked CAT yesterday. Looking forward to beating JMK teams with her.

Not to keep advocating Rey, but she makes all lightside toons better, including Jawas and has a use for in different game modes. Everytime a new LS toon will be released will be a chance it might be part of a worthy Rey Titan arena comp, like CAT, GAS, JKL.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Jewb4cc4 wrote: »

You can make two solid teams

Now that is spoiling me
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    The best overall GLs are:
    1) JMK
    2) SLKR
    3) JML

JMK is too expensive for newer players and you want to have CAT. JML is also quite expensive and needs several GET units but his main deficit is that he can't solo the sith raid. SLKR can solo the sith raid and is one of the cheaper GLs.

So unless CG releases the sith raid SIM soon (and we still have no clue about the SIM conditions), SLKR is gonna remain the best 1st GL choice.

This is great! Thank you.
  • I love my Reyand I really don't see the "2 solid teams" of FO any better or worse than 2 teams you can make from Resistance.

I just unlocked CAT yesterday. Looking forward to beating JMK teams with her.

Not to keep advocating Rey, but she makes all lightside toons better, including Jawas and has a use for in different game modes. Everytime a new LS toon will be released will be a chance it might be part of a worthy Rey Titan arena comp, like CAT, GAS, JKL.

Congrats on unlocking CAT!
  • SEE or Kylo will both be fine for ds Geo tb. With see you get imp troopers, empire (yes ep lead with Vader, tarkin, thrawn, and royal guard will work in most phases), and a Sith team under see.

Kylo will give you a first order team under slkr and probably a 2nd that can be used in a pinch.

Jml or Rey will do similar things for ls geo. Though I think you get higher quality teams for jml but he takes longer.

See will give you empire, with, and imp troopers for assualt battles.

Slkr will solo hstr (though if they make it simable, that won't help much).

Jml gives you jedi and rebels for assualt battles.

I like the gear from assualt battles more than soloing hstr. You can usually get a ns jka team in p3 and still get top 10 so the extra from a solo isn't all that much.

So I would recommend See and jml depending on whether you want to focus on ds or ls first. If hstr is a big concern, then maybe go for jmk as soon as you have wat close enough.
  • Oh yeah forgot conquest. Jml is really good for kills with any ls faction feats. Just run jml lead with a ls member of that faction. Call them to assist to get kills with them. So that's a big plus to jml.

Hello There!

Thanks

Not an easy question since you have to farm quite some toons for all GL's. I'd say depends on where your guild is in terms of raids and TB's. SLKR is definitely the best raid GL. You might want to go SLKR/JML based on your guild's progress and simultaneously farm JMK requirements to catch up with your squad arena and GAC opponents.
  • Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply.

I won't own Wat for some time because the guilds (and my) progression towards Wat is very slow, neither am I close to CAT, so JMK is very unlikely. Therefore I am leaning towards JML for a LS GL. I have both Wampa and Hoda 7*, with Hoda already relic 5. I also have 3PO (also relic 5) and Chewbacca with the last event toons being JKLS and JTR. I of course then have to gear/relic grind but JML is pretty realistic albeit time consuming (which GL isn't).

For a DS GL, I have to say I am leaning towards SEE even though he is considered the worst of the bunch. It is mostly because Imp Troopers can beat Tier 3 on two assault battles and do very decent damage in the HSTR. I also already have Vader and JKA at relic 7 and Tarkin at g12. I would have to farm Piett and Krennic to 7* but these rest I already have ready to gear/relic.

SLKR I agree is more versatile and will help with GAC, and that this is not an easy question to answer because I would like all of them haha.