Max 1 squad or or work on multiple

Sangle
9 posts Member
edited November 2021
Title pretty much says it all. I’m wondering if I should max out my Geonosian squad, or transition to another of my weaker squads. I have the start of a Padmé squad and I have Palp/Thrawn. I’m kind of all over the place at the moment.

https://swgoh.gg/p/758569858/characters/

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Depends on what you mean by max. If r7, then no, absolutely not. If g13/r0, then the answer is it depends.

You don't want to spread yourself too thin, but you also want roster depth. So don't work on a bunch of weak teams simultaneously; pick one, but once that one is good enough to do what you need them to do you can start working on others.
  • Ok cool, that’s kind of what I meant by max (g13/r0). Are any of the Geo worth the relic investment?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Sangle wrote: »
    Ok cool, that’s kind of what I meant by max (g13/r0). Are any of the Geo worth the relic investment?

My answer to that is also, "it depends." Yes, GBA and spy are worth g13, but it depends on where you are at in the game. Early game, g11 or 12 may be enough before you start working on some core squads. Maybe there is a point in early game where you could stonewall in GAC with geos, but you still want a rounded roster to be able to win. I guess I will let others answer based on their experience in that.

Based on you profile, my personal opinion would be to leave them at 11/12 until you have more squads. I'm not a fan of going to g13/relics before you have several g12 squads, or squads ready to g12. There are more and more accounts these days that I would consider top heavy. But I also don't play on the new player landscape, so I recognize there may be increased pressure to relic early. Again, others may have different answers for you.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I will add that if your guild wants Wat shards, you will need them at least g12. But depending on your mods (in general, as you can swap for the mission) and how many platoons your guild can fill, that may not be enough. So the decision would rest on whether you want to be getting 1 extra shard now, or just wait until the guild can fill more platoons and hou can get a good mod collection. By which time you may have more people in the guild who can beat it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Don't spread your resources too thin. I'd recommend to focus on your arena fleet/squad. Those are your bread and butter and the crystals will help you build other squads and work towards your first GL.

Do whatever it takes to stay in top-5 in fleet arena. If you drop to 6th you lose 100 crystals or more daily. A fast Executrix is essential in order to reach the ultimate before your opponent. You can improve instantly by training all Tarkin's skills (he's far behind) and equipping 5-dot level 15 mods (mod stats / sets don't really matter for that purpose). Also give him any gear you can spare. Your Geo pilots are also missing a 5-dot level 15 mod here and there. SF and Spy are very close to g11. Don't stop at g10. Your investment in geo pilots will still pay off after you unlock Malevolence. Furthermore, your geonosians are close to being eligible for the Wat mission in TB. You should at least get them ready for that.

For squad arena your Padme team is a better long term investment than your geonosians. A strong Padme team will be viable until GLs begin to take over the top ranks. JKA, Ahsoka and GK are essential to the team.

On a side note:
    You may as well start buying Logray and Dengar shards in the guild shop. They will help you greatly when you eventually want to unlock Chewie and 3P0. Buying Rex shards with spare resources will also help you in the future.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I will add that if your guild wants Wat shards, you will need them at least g12. [...]
    You can still complete that mission with 2 at g11. The minimum requirements suffice if you mod and play them well.

• Typically I choose to work on no more than two squads at a time. I mentally put one as top priority and give the other what the first doesn't need. For example if your primary squad is all g12 and your secondary one is g11 or below, most of the gear doesn't overlap so you can work on both.

For geos, I would relic geo brood alpha and g12 the rest. That will get you the wat mission and a pretaut in a pinch.

If you want to do the special mission in geo tb or plan to continue to use geos in fleet or gac, spy isn't a bad candidate for relics.

For GAC, I recommend including some teams that have characters that can underdog or solo. Empire is a good early team for this reason as is Darth revan. I routinely use Vader, malak, and darth revan to solo or two man teams.

You can probably do something similar with a padme but I'm not sure it'll split too well since the team relies heavily on her leadership.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I will add that if your guild wants Wat shards, you will need them at least g12. [...]
    You can still complete that mission with 2 at g11. The minimum requirements suffice if you mod and play them well.
    I’ve done is before with G12 Spy/Soldier, G11 Poggle/Sun Fac, and G10 GBA. I don’t recommend that, but G12 is more than fine for them.
    3v3 FTW
  • Thanks for all the responses guys/girls! I have 1 last question not regarding my Geo squad. Would it make sense to bring multiple squads to G12 before I started the relic grind? I made the stupid mistake of getting Yoda to G13/R6 and spent all of my relic mats that I probably should have saved for someone better.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I'd recommend to stock up on relic materials until you know exactly where you want to use them. There's no need to gear/relic any character beyond the point where the character does its job. In particular when you grind for your first/next GL you should never relic those junk characters that are required until you're ready to relic them all at the same time and start farming tickets.