Pricing for every bundle in the game

IAmNotDev
16 posts Member
edited November 2021
Take Hyperdrive bundle for example, the price is 99.99 US dollars. Now I live in Taiwan in Asia, the price is 3290 NTD(New Taiwanese Dollars), i never thought there is a problem until now. I checked the exchange rate and found out that 3290 NTD = 118.47 USD. CG can we please change the pricing to be more fair. Why do i have to pay 118.47 USD for a bundle that others just need to pay 100 USD?

If 3290 NTD = 100 USD in game. That means the exchange rate that the game use is 1 USD = 32.9 NTD. I checked the exchange rate history, last time the exchange rate is at 32.9 NTD was in 2016/3!

The current exchange rate is 1 USD = 27.77 NTD I don't expect to reduce to the current exchange rate but can CG please reduce the price to be even more fair so i can spend my money? It seems like the price was never changed or considered since 2016! and here is the proof!b30t584d351u.jpg
h5a50jb9h4q1.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• CG don’t have anything to do with local pricing.

this is not about local pricing, this is about the international exchange rate... the price is so outdated and im paying more than US base players, you probably dont care because you arent in my country

and this is not aboutb just hyperdrive bundle, its affecting every other pricing in the game! How about you stay in my country for 2 years paying the higher and overpriced bundles?
  • IAmNotDev wrote: »
    CG don’t have anything to do with local pricing.

this is not about local pricing, this is about the international exchange rate... the price is so outdated and im paying more than US base players, you probably dont care because you arent in my country
    I don’t care because it has nothing to do with CG as I told you.

Apple / Google etc control the currency exchange pricing in this and other games. Complaining here will achieve nothing because CG can’t do anything to change the price in your country.

Apple / Google etc control the currency exchange pricing in this and other games. Complaining here will achieve nothing because CG can’t do anything to change the price in your country.

I understand that might be google play store or apple store problem but how could you not care if you paying overpriced for a year already, i would like to know the exact agreement and how that amount is calculated, i dont want to pay that extra blindly
  • Zanir wrote: »
    IAmNotDev wrote: »

and this is not aboutb just hyperdrive bundle, its affecting every other pricing in the game! How about you stay in my country for 2 years paying the higher and overpriced bundles?

Did you not see the post above where it was said CG don't control local pricing? Or exchange rates, for that matter? They control US pricing. Everywhere else has to go through currency exchanges and whatever fees and additional costs are associated with selling an American product (which is what this is) in a foreign country.

You can complain about the insane base prices of packs CG sets for digital goods with an infinite supply and no production cost past the initial coding, but not this particular issue. There are tons of legit reasons to throw figurative feces at CG for, this one ain't it.

yeah but how that 18.47 usd come from how the numbers is being added up would be great to know instead of paying the price blindly

which country are you in if i may ask?
  • Google and Apple will take their share, then so will whatever bank they use. It's no different than when you exchange money somewhere for a different currency, you never get the exchange rate listed because they take a cut

which country are you in if i may ask?
    Uk.

When I say I “don’t care”, I don’t really mean that. It is unfair - of course it is - but it is not at the hands of CG that this disparity exists.
  • You're blaming the farmer for the price of the milk in the supermarket basically.
  • This applies to everything, any items $ price is the £ price here in the uk for most things, meaning we pay about 34% more currently, that said i did notice the hyperdive went down to £89.99 in the UK, meaning it is only $120.94 currently, so we get more stitched up. Again not anything to do with CG though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I understand that might be google play store or apple store problem but how could you not care if you paying overpriced for a year already, i would like to know the exact agreement and how that amount is calculated, i dont want to pay that extra blindly

The way it works, from my understanding:
    CG sets a price for each thing in USD. From there Apple/Google handle all fees, and exchange rates. If you want to know more about it, you will need to look into how those entities calculate these things.

From my understanding they use a standard practice for this that is adjusting the prices periodically and not live, just like all online retailers.
  • Move to my country, hyperdrive for us costs about 96$